Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. productions

Premiere Productions should have a nested sequence/project feature. Many people who are coming from long form into the new Productions workspace use nested sequences for each of their scenes. You should allow a master sequence within one project to contain nested references to sequences in other projects. These would be read-only unless you double click them to open up the original sequence/project.

As it is, Productions is cumbersome for keeping a master sequence of the entire show synced when you split your scenes into their own projects.

You should also allow the user to save a "Productions Workspace" which will…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re considering the nesting request, tracking that work as DVAPR-4223845.

We hadn’t heard the ‘cumbersome’ comment, but the feature film teams with which Productions was developed weren’t using nested sequences.

For the “Productions Workspace”: I think you can get that behavior today, were you to change Prefs —> General —> At Startup to “open most recent”, and then save a workspace containing your Production and desired one projects.

2. Color labels in Productions - should be able to make colors project/production-wide

An incredibly useful feature is being able to make all clip label colors the same, project-wide. For example, sort the Project window to group low res clips, make them a color, and now all those clips, in all timelines, show that color, making it easy to update them. But Productions has removed this feature (that Setting appears only when using a standalone project, not one in a Production), and it urgently needs to be brought back, as it's exactly the kind of feature a large project with multiple editors needs. We desperately need a workaround for this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect

Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect. When I use Reverb (Obsolete), Audio effect exports fine.
    Version 14.2.0 (Build 47)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put red in the center of Lumetri curves, not cyan. That would make it easier to adjust skin tones.

For the Lumetri Color Effect’s curves controls (Hue vs Sat, Hue vs Hue, and Hue vs Luma), cyan is in the center, while red is on the far left and right sides. This is inconvenient, because most users will probably want to adjust skin tones more than anything else, and skin tones are almost always somewhere in the reds and yellows. Therefore, I propose that red be in the center by default, while cyan is on the edges.
    NOTE: Because a horizontal scroll bar is already available, it is possible for the user to essentially do this themselves... but because…

283 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  20 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG - Essential Graphics vertical cropping when expanding a collapsed group that contains comments

Windows 10.0.18363 (64 bit)
    Premiere 14.2.0
    After Effects 17.1.0

In the Edit tab of the Essential Graphics panel in Premiere, when I first open or load a MOGRT file which has a collapsed group containing comments, when I expand the group, the group's content initially appears cropped vertically. (This vertical cropping is most noticeable when there are long comments or multiple comments). In addition to being cropped, the expanded group content also overlaps the template's other options, instead of pushing the other options down.

When I collapse and expand the group again, the group's content displays properly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Proxy not working in Productions

[BUG] While working with Productions, proxies only work if footage files are in the same project that your sequence is.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Applying Pitch Shifter Effect to an audio track makes scrubbing not playback any sound.

Even on sections of the timeline where there are no clips on the Pitch Shifter track, scrubbing plays back no sound. I see the audio meters showing sound, but no playback. Even when I have the effect disabled, still no playback when scrubbing. I have to completely remove the effect to hear playback while scrubbing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Source Monitor - Sum Multichannel to Mono

This checkbox (in the audio preferences) and the function it seems to promise is not working. I often can not hear multi-channel audio if the channels have been configured beyond default, even if this box is checked.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Major Bug in Audio Auto Ducking!

I use the auto ducking function all over my edits. Since PP 2020 it has a huge bug and does not work as it should anymore!

The function sets the keyframes correctly and if i play through the complete audio file and the playhead crosses the keyframes they work as they should. But if I start playback in the middle of an audio file and the playhead does not cross the keyframe it acts like there is no keyframe and does not change the volume as it should. Check the attached video for further explanation and watch the audio levels…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  6 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 14.0.1 - problem MOGRT - importMGTFromLibrary(), text doesn't refresh

Since version 14.0.1 of Premiere Pro I have a problem with MOGRT (Essential Graphics).

I use a script to import the MOGRT: function importMGTFromLibrary () and modify the content of the parameters.

Since the last version, the script still works, it imports and changes the parameters (texts, colors), but the Premiere Pro preview brings up the default parameters of the MOGRT.
    The only way to bring up the right parameters is to go to the Edit tab of the Essential Graphics window and touch up the parameters.

Opening old files created with this script poses the same problem ....

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  11 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a drop zone for footage

It could be great to have a way to just have a drop zone in footage, as some of us are used to final cut pro x we are used to that drop zone for footage. This is for me the best feature ever in FCPX and Apple Motion. Could be great to have some in AE or PP.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Type Tool in Essential Graphics. Change text in text layer.

What I don´t understand: If I use the Type Tool I can write text right into the program monitor. Okay, fine. But if I want to change the text I would wish to be able to change it in the text layer. That would be a lot easier then finding with the mouse the right spot. And it is possible mostly with MOGRTs in the Graphics Panel. I think it would be an improvement.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix Pitch Shifter Effect

Pitch shifter effect does not save settings properly, this has been replicated: https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/ee6jli/imnewtopremiereandmypitchshiftersettings/

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Grace period for being offline is not working... making me sign in each day. This is unacceptable as I plan on editing offgrid.

Grace period for being offline is not working... making me sign in each day. This is unacceptable as I plan on editing offgrid.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. bug premiere pro 2020

bug report on premiere pro 2020: playback stop while playing on timeline and then display message: "A low-level excerption occurred in: Adobe Player (Player:11)" - then Premiere crash, and i have to force quit from force quit application. i'm working on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports), 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7,

303 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

234 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do monitor User Voice; we share your disappointment that we don’t have a reproducible case, for this issue.

If you can reliably reproduce the ‘low level exception’ problem, on your system, please contact Support and provide them with any files and source media required for that repro case, as well as (important!) step-by-step instructions on how you can reproduce the issue.

We’re eager to pursue the issue further.

16. Nested Audio Waveforms Incorrect

In both Premiere 2019 and 2020 waveforms of rendered audio from a nested clip are offset incorrectly in the timeline.

Sometimes they will display correctly immediately after an audio render, but after the first edit (trim, ripple, etc) the waveform is completely wrong. It appears to generated correctly but be offset by a significant amount when displayed.

This makes it impossible to use waveforms on Multicam or Nested clips if I've applied effects/gain to the audio in the nest, therefore requiring rendering.

This was working at the beginning of 2019. I'm not sure when exactly it went wrong. Thanks for…

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. P2 File structure no longer work in media browser 2020!

This has some how been broken in update. Please fix this fast – it's essential to me!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Pen tool (P) can not be used as in PS or AE to manipulate the vertices and handles of a shape

The Pen tool (P) cannot be used as in PS or AE to manipulate the vertices and handles of a shape, we should be able to manipulate the handles separately.

This only works for masking

To create Bezier shapes, you convert a vertex point on a mask to a Bezier point by pressing the Alt key while placing the cursor over the vertex point. The cursor becomes an inverted "V" shape . Then, click and release the pointer.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug with multiple audio clips from Premiere: Edit clip in Adobe Aduition

Hi. Running on latest versions of Premiere Pro (13.1.4) and Adobe Audition (12.1.3.10) Before when you had multiple audio clips on a timeline in Premiere Pro you could just choose them, right click, and click "Edit in Adobe Audition" and it would open ALL the clips in Audition. Now it makes extractions of all the clips, but it only opens one of them in Audition.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Animation Tracking/Kerning text in Premiere Pro CC 2019

Hi Guys. I am trying to animate the tracking/kerning of my text in premiere pro cc 2019, but every time i click on the stopclock(toggle animation) to animate the text, it simple jumps to one state of keyframe to another. You know how can i smooth this transition?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base