Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fade Position default should be 5

I LOVE the new Fade Position slider in the ESP, but it will be a rare situation where I use a setting other than 5 - this would be a much better default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Rework set / scale to frame size

The menu commands 'Scale to Frame size' and 'Set to frame size' must win the award for the most badly named commands in Premiere Pro. I teach PrPro and they are almost guaranteed to generate a look of quizzical incredulity on any new users face when I tell them that the command with 'Scale' in its name doesn't adjust the scale parameter, but the one without 'Scale' in the name does...

It's time to grab the bull by the horns and fix this.

In addition...
    Frame sizes ain't what they used to be. 16x9 isn't the one and only. We…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I love the new import section, however...

There appears to be certain video files that don't show when using the new import page. In particular I couldn't see or preview .MOV files from my Mavic 3. I had to remember to import them separately afterwards using the original method of dragging into the project bin.

Screenshots show what I was able to preview on import from a specific folder as well as what was actually in the folder on Finder.

I hope what I'm saying makes sense.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New Import Tab Issues and Suggestions

Hi team.

Just jumping in on the wave of issues in the new update and starting this thread to hopefully and constructively focus on the import tab.
    But before that - Appreciate all the hard work and definitely don't condone hate speech, death threats etc...

Now given y’all don’t seem too keen to revert to the old ways - here are some issues and possible suggestions

Issue: Can’t create a sequence first and then add media.

Reasoning: I guess a lot of pros/orgs already do some media management first on larger projects and quite often the sequence settings is different…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Premiere Pro 22.4.0 - "delete selection" not working properly

In the version 22.4.0, I can't delete selections all the time. I have to click back and forth between other windows to trick the system and make it work again. Here is a 1 minutes screen demo for you. Please fix this? https://www.loom.com/share/542b99e662e445ed95aa2094b3cdeebf

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Random crash when exporting a project to Final Cut Pro XML with VST3 plug-ins

Windows 10
    Premiere Pro 22.3.1 (Build 2)

Premiere Pro randomly crashes when a project containing one (or more) VST3 plug-ins is exported to Final Cut Pro XML.

How to reproduce it:

• Add a VST3 plug-in to an audio clip;
    • Select file -> export -> Final Cut Pro XML;
    • (get a Translation Report warning about the effect not being translated, should be harmless);
    • get a random crash after a while.

The crash is non-deterministic: sometimes it happens right away, sometimes after Premiere is sent to background below another app, sometimes after I delete the XML file manually.

The crash occurs also…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The new export screen is clumsy, bulky, and requires more clicking.

I used to be able to easily zip up and down the various settings just with a quick scroll of the mouse wheel. Now, I'm constantly clicking, clicking, clicking to open various tabs. Because the boxes are much bigger, far less information is being displayed on my screen. Please, is there some way I can go back to the friendlier older version??

575 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

449 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All,

first of all I wanted to thank everyone for making this a productive conversation over the last couple of days.

As several people responded to my comment about keeping the tone civilised, I need to dwell on that for a minute. Please hear me out, this is important to everyone on my crew and I hope it will be to you.

Saying that we shouldn't be surprised when things get heated is very problematic in my opinion. How do you expect a junior person on my team to respond to a technical question when it is combined with something that can easily be described as hate speech? How do you think we can actually come together on actual issues when there's already the assumption that we're a big faceless corporation, not even listening to our customers?

People on my team have received threats. I've been there over the years,…

9. Way to import Frame.io comments into Premiere

Frame.io is great, however using it for the first time on a commercial I think I've found a glaring issue...

Shoot in the US, edit in London. Director spends his entire flight from NY on Frame.io adding comments to the rushes: favourite takes etc.

Great I think, I've already imported the footage, I'll look for the 'import comments button' and when he gets here I'll have everything ready.

But no... nothing!

Turns out Frame.io can only syncronize comments from a sequence, not clips!

Now, I realise it's possible to view comments in the Frame.io panel, and that might be fine…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you import the clips from Frame after the comments have been added you will get the clip markers.  But that not exactly the workflow you are describing.  You want to keep clip markers in sync with Frame.io comments so that you can turn Frame.io comments into clip markers AFTER the file has already been imported into Premiere Pro - right?  This a great point and something we will definitely be looking into.

10. Support for Nikon NRaw

Can we please get support for Nikon's NRAW codec? Resolve and Edius already have it cooked up and ready to go. This reactive rather proactive approach to codec integration is really disappointing. First it was Prores RAW (still ongoing issues) and now NRAW. How about Adobe show Nikon shooters a bit of love here?

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback on N-RAW. It is a format we are interested in supporting but we don't currently have date for when that will happen. II will provide an update when I have more information to share.

Note: There were a couple of comments in the thread about ProRes RAW, including some useful tips. I have deleted those, as I want to make sure that this thread is dedicated to N-RAW. There is a separate thread regarding improving support for ProRes RAW.

Regards,

Fergus

11. Disable/Enable Toggle for Appending of Filename When Publishing

In version 22.3, the text " _Vimeo ", " _YouTube ", " _Facebook ", etc. are appended to the output filenames when using the Publish features.
    While this naming convention can surely refine the user experience and simplify the process, it should be optional. In terms of batch exporting/publishing, removing this text from the title is time-consuming and tedious.
    An option to disable/enable this feature for those who may or may not need it only seems logical.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Content Credentials for Video

It would be very nice to add Content Credentials feature to Premier Pro - the same way it's done in Photoshop Beta. This might help to prevent converting illegally acquired videos into NFTs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Aspect Ratio glitching when editing any text or Mogort on the timeline. M1 Max

Aspect Ratio glitching when editing any text or Mogort on the timeline. M1 Max. Sometimes freezing on the incorrect aspect ratio. Causing me to wait for it to pop back to normal, or restart the program.

Here is a video example: This can be replicated 100% of the time, so it's not a random happening. This also happened on my old 2017 iMac. It's been this way for over a year I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w82V57RkuEs

My Setup:
    -2021 16-Inch Macbook Pro
    -M1 Max
    -64 GB RAM

Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  8 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bug Report: Audio Looping Error

Whenever I loop over the audio of my video, it doesn't exactly play it correctly. The following video provides a more detailed example of what I am experiencing with the audio. I also want to point out that I am using the parametric equalizer and De Reverb while playing this, so I am not sure if that is what is affecting it. If this is a bug, please fix. Thank you!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmPpE0_lF08

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Shortcuts cannot be used when entering Japanese on Windows

Shortcuts cannot be used when entering Japanese on Windows

On a Windows computer
    If the character input setting is "Japanese input (IME)" instead of "English input", the PremierePro shortcut will not work.

By the way, on Macintosh
    Shortcuts work even when “Japanese input” is selected.

Some users have complained about what they can do with Macintosh but not with Windows.

Windowsパソコンにおいて
    文字入力設定が、「英語入力」ではなく「日本語入力(IME)」になっていると、PremiereProのショートカットが効かない。

ちなみにMacintoshにおいては
    「日本語入力」の時でも、ショートカットが効く。

Macintoshではできるのに、WIndowsで出来ないことで、一部のユーザーから不満の声があがっている。

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  44 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For the Essential Graphics Text style, style preset windows like Legacy Title.

The style presets in the Legacy title were very easy to see and use.

The only way to display the Essential Graphics text styles is to show the icons in the project panel. We need a dedicated panel for styles that is easier to use.

The styles are managed on a project-by-project basis, so when you create a new project, the styles you've been using are no longer available.

Styles should be available at all times.

エッセンシャルグラフィックステキストのスタイルのために、レガシータイトルのようなスタイルプリセットウインドウがほしい。

レガシータイトルのスタイルプリセットはすごく見やすくて、使いやすかった。

エッセンシャルグラフィックステキストのスタイルは、プロジェクトパネルにアイコン表示する方法しかない。もっと使いやすいスタイル専用のパネルが必要。

プロジェクトごとの管理なので、新規プロジェクトを作ると、今まで使っていたスタイルが使えなくなる。

スタイルはいつでもに使える状態にして欲しい。

113 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Captions missing last character

When selecting text in the 'Text' -> 'Captions' panel and copying/cutting, the last character selected becomes deselected.

For example, if I copy the phrase 'The quick brown fox' and paste it into another caption, the pasted text reads 'The quick brown fo'.

This is more frustrating when cutting text as the last character remains in the original location.

For example, if I select and cut 'The quick brown fox' and paste it into a new caption, I end up with 'x' in the original caption and 'The quick brown fo' in the new caption.

This has been a bug through…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new Universal Text Engine not displaying Arabic correctly

The new Universal Text Engine is amazing, works 99% of the time. However I spotted is not displaying pauses/breaks in Quranic verses in certain fonts. Noorehuda is a font that supports these characters online but in Premiere they don't show up. Only in the default font it does appear correctly, but it isn't appearing in several arabic fonts we use.

If you can fix this bug it would be greatly appreciated! It's so close to perfect already but we cannot use it unless all the characters can be displayed in the noorehuda font.

Quran arabic text for your reference:

ذٰلِکَ…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  33 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Emojis in texts

I know i can create emojis in photoshop and then place it in premiere, but it would be very cool and much faster if i can just type the emoji i want, and place it to the video.
    Just an idea:)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base