Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. scroll through fonts with arrow keys, mouse wheel is too clumsy

Being able to click on the font selector and then use the arrow keys to scroll up and down to see the effect on your text, and have a larger "Sample" size in the selector

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Alt-drag to replace clip/title on Timeline with another clip/title that's already ON THE TIMELINE

I would LOVE to be able to Alt-drag a clip or title from the TIMELINE onto another clip or title on the timeline to replace it! Being able to do this from the Project window or Source Monitor is great, but why not allow us to Alt-drag-replace a clip/title on the Timeline with another clip/title already on the Timeline? Seems like a very odd thing for Premiere Pro to be missing.

In order to decide which effects and Motion settings get preserved whenever both clips contain effects and/or motion settings, perhaps a second keyboard modifier could be introduced:

Alt-drag =…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Slip multiple clips with option to not move edit points

It would be magical to have one or both of these features. I would love the ability to grab multiple clips (video or audio) and slip them without affecting edit points. Also, being able to slip by an exact numerical value without affecting edit points would be amazing. Right now selecting multiple clips rolls the edits which is very problematic if something lost sync. I have found a way to identify the exact amount of shift I have but it is too far to drag with slip to get it precise and I have a lot of clips this would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Convert Subtitle Text Timeline Text

Because a lot of people use the captions for burn in text, we need to be able to do more with that text. For example: Add transitions to the caption text or put elements on top of the text.
    Or just be able to convert the subtotal text into timeline text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 'Noise' effect is no longer GPU accelerated in CC2022 22.5, but is listed as accelerated in Premiere documentation

'Noise' effect is no longer GPU accelerated in CC2022 22.5, but is listed as accelerated in Premiere documentation

The Adobe website lists 'Noise' as being an accelerated effect:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/using/effects.html#gpu_accelerated_effects

However this is not the case in CC 2022 22.5, and instead is a non-accelerated effect.

In CC2021 15.4.1, the effect is listed as GPU accelerated as expected.

This can cause unexpected performance issues if 'Noise' is applied late in the effects order after other accelerated effects.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Keyframing on Mogrt Files would be great!

Would love to be able to keyframe things with mogrts! Also be able to modify keyframes on mogrts. Would be like a mini after effects in premiere!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. by making a plugin that can see dng raw from the popular sigma fp and fp L

making a plugin that can see dng raw from the popular sigma fp and fp L

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make a "YouTube" plan that includes Premiere Pro & Photoshop (After Effects optional)

A great idea for YouTubers and other video-makers is an Adobe plan that includes Premiere Pro and Photoshop. It would be monthly or annually, cheaper than purchasing individually and would be on a no-commitment plan (cancel anytime free).

Please consider this idea and bring this plan to help YouTubers and other video-makers save money and not be stuck in endless legal commitment contracts. Money doesn't grow on trees, Adobe lol XD.

Kind regards,
    Sam H

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adobe Premiere crashes every time I write the word "different" or "first" in my caption track.

That's pretty much it. I'm adding a new caption to my caption track, and it unexpectedly crashes every time I type the word "diff" or "fir."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatically remove background from subject using AI

It's strange that software like Zoom or Teams can do this pretty well on the fly, while premiere pro and rush can't. Photoshop has subject selection too, but there is no equivalent in Premiere.

Even if all it does is creates a base rotoscope to work from, this would be extremely useful and save a huge amount of time. The matte tracking feature currently in place is ten times harder to use and much less reliable than the AI based systems in other apps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Essential Graphics Convert to Paragraph Text

Be able to convert point text to paragraph text and vice versa via a right click or other menu item. It's in AE but missing from EG as far as I can tell.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Essential Graphics Put New Title in Bin

Some of us are used to the old way of having titles in bins but its fairly cumbersome to have to upgrade titles to a "source title" every time we want one.

I'm proposing adding "new source title" to the new item menus both in the bin and in the file -> new dropdown menus.

Should be a simple change but would speed up those of us who preferred the legacy workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make the notification that an export has completed useful by linking it to the exported file

When exporting a file, the notification that pops up in the corner saying it completed successfully should have an option to view the export. Clicking it would open or bring forward the folder containing the exported file and highlight the one most recently exported.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to limit the GPU memory usage

Premiere has become very GPU memory hungry in the past two years.
    It's not uncommon for premiere to crash the NVIDIA GPU driver, and in the Windows task manager I see that GPU memory is very often used over the limit, likely using slower virtual video RAM, that is actually a system RAM.

Sometimes it's had to tell, when you will run out of video memory, and put your project into unstable or downgraded performance situation.

Some apps, like Media Encoder seem to keep consuming video memory even after the render ends, and should be manually closed to free it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improve workflow switching speed and responsiveness

I don't like the speed of switching workspaces, the switch is not instant, and can take several seconds.
    While working on a single-monitor system, this is especially annoying.
    I usually make hundreds of switches during the working day, and each one of them lags. My system is an i9-10900K, 64GB of RAM, M2 SSD, RTX 3070Ti, latest Windows 10, so the system configuration is not an issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multi-project workflow should be like tabs in Google Chrome

I don't like how multiple projects, while open, integrate randomly into each other. Please consider making individual pages for projects, just like tabs in Google Chrome.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. DO NOT retire Legacy Title!

DO NOT retire Legacy Title! 90% of my titles are simple, one-off titles and I don't require templates or special FX. Just let it be and give us options like Legacy Title to create as we see fit! Please don't change for the sake of change.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable hardware acceleration support on Intel UHD 610 graphics card.

I own a Win 11 compatible computer with a Pentium Gold 5400 3.0GHZ dual core processor, 8GB of DDR4 RAM, 240GB SSD

As stated by the Intel website, the Intel UHD 610 graphics card is quick sync capable but premiere pro does not take advantage of this capability.

I use video converters like Movavi and also edit videos with Resolve 18. The two apps are able to utilize my GPU for playback and exports, I playback FullHD videos with ease, at full resolution.

No version of Premiere Pro on the other hand uses the GPU. Hardware acceleration is greyed out,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Custom Size Multicam View Grids (3x2, etc.)

Currently, in Multicam view, cameras are displayed in a grid that can be 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 and so on. This means that if you have 6 cameras, you'll see a 3x3 grid, and the bottom 3 rectangles will be blank.

This unfortunately wastes screen real estate. For 5 cameras, a 3x2 grid would be more appropriate than 3x3, making each individual camera preview bigger. See the attached screenshot for an illustration of what I mean.

The multicam preview window ideally shouldn't be locked to the aspect ratio of your sequence. Thanks for your consideration!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base