Skip to content

Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

13330 results found

1. Option to remove existing effects when pasting attributes

When I copy effects from one clip to another, I often want to replace the effects in the destination clip rather than add additional effects. (Updating color grading for example.) Currently, pasting attributes will only add the effects. So I have to first remove attributes every time.

I suggest adding an option in the paste attributes box that will remove existing effects before applying the new ones.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bug - Lumetri LUTs destructively clips colors

If I apply a LUT and it pushes some colors beyond white, those pixels are now clipped at white and cannot be brought back later with the exposure/contrast/white/highlights controls. This happens even if I enable max bit depth.

The only solution I've found is to apply another lumetri effect before the main one to adjust the exposure or highlights.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix the way LUTs are specified

When I apply a LUT in Lumetri, it doesn't actually remember which specific LUT I wanted to use, it remembers which item number in the list I selected.

That makes it impossible to share projects with any editor who has added LUTs because most of our LUTs are now in a different order, so it's using the wrong ones and every shot now looks terrible.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make a typewriter effect native to Premiere

You can use a typewriter effect in After Effects but it seems like such a simple one to implement into Premiere and saves having to use that system if people don't have it or it complicates the workflow.
    Also add an optional blinking line option to the effect

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Closed Caption issue on 708 and 608

I use Maccaption and Caption Maker to produce Closed Caption.
    When I import the .MCC file in premiere, there are some problems. Like:

When I select 608 CC in premiere, some accents are lost, for example: "por quê você" It appears like this in Premiere "por quê voc". When I select 708 CC it loses the positioning made in Caption Maker. Lines on bottom appear on top, lines in right appears on left. I don't know ow what to do anymore, I asked Telestream support, but they say that is a issue is Premiere Pro, Adobe doesn't give any answered.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Clips randomly go offline in 12.1.1 and won't reconnect

The latest version of Premiere is causing random clips in my project to go offline, and when I try to relink them it won't connect to the original files, saying they don't contain video or something, and to relink will permanently delete the clips from the project. Major bug with no workaround, please fix!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please stop making it so difficult to work with different Premiere-versions!

It is really annoying to work with Premiere pro, dealing with clients who doesn't always have the newest Version. The changes you make with the upgrades are not that huge, so I don't See the reason to make it impossible to work with a slightly older Version, importier a file from a neuer one. I appreciate the whole adobe suite very much but this is really a pain, since the updates are coming more frequently

240 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Florian,

while this is a rather critical and large change to the way the application works and will take some time to be implemented, we’ll definitely put this under consideration.

There’s more than one solution to this problem, though.

A good short term opportunity is to use the parallel install feature in the creative cloud application. It should help to at least take away some of the issues working with people on a different version of the application.

Another thing worth keeping in mind is that you can install CC on two different machines (if you’re on an individual subscription). That gives you additional opportunity to keep different versions around for compatibility reasons.

I’ll update the status of this request as we move along.

If you have further thoughts on this matter, please keep them coming.

Thanks
    Patrick

9. Mask Bug

I do a lot of masking in the timeline. Mainly black at 90% opacity over video layers. Probably once every 5-10 masks created the pen tool for drawing them doesn't appear on the cursor and therefore it won't allow you to draw the mask. You have to quit the app, reopen the project and all is fine. This has been the case for several versions and still not fixed in the latest release.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix choppy scrolling in bins with the thumbnail feature, when using Mac trackpad two finger drag.

Hi - great product. One annoyance - when I have a bin open in thumbnail mode, and try to scroll through using the Macbook trackpad using the standard two-finger drag technique, the scrolling is extremely choppy and disorienting. If I click and drag the scroll bar on the right side of the window, it scrolls smoothly. Please take a look at this. (Premiere Pro 2018 latest version, OS 10.13.4, MacBook Pro 2017 model (also happens with the external Magic Trackpad 2).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bugs!

So many bugs in new release of Premier Pro - can't even use it. Gone back to 2017 version as I have projects that must get done.
    Fix the Bugs!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Space Bar Preview in Project Panel

I know we have a tiny little preview player at the top of the project panel (which is pretty useless) and we have the source window media can be dropped into, but it would be really convenient to just hit the space bar on an item and see a larger preview window pop up playing back that media. The ability to arrow through that media using the keyboard arrows without that larger preview window closing would also be very handy.
    Just like file previewing can be done in Mac OS using the space bar and arrows buttons.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have a separate and more sosphisticated Pan & Zoom panel

I'd like Premiere to have something like Corel VisualStudio's Pan & Zoom manipulator. It opens a new panel with two views of the current clip. The left-side image has a square overlay that lets you zoom in or out of the image just by resizing the overlay. On the right, you get a view of what the zoom will look like on the "full screen."

This way you can zoom without losing sight of the image as a whole, and it is much, much easier to resize and re-position your keyframed views.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Multi-camera/Nested Sequence - we should be able to see track names in overlays

When creating a multi-cam or nested sequence, we should be able to see the track labels we have applied.

Currently we create a multi-cam with second system audio, and label the tracks appropriately (talent mic, boom, etc) but to see this information, the editor is required to enter the multi-camera sequence and check it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bug - Clips start on the wrong frame when editing 24fps footage into a sequence with different frame rate.

I set my in and out points in the source monitor and edit them into my sequence. In the sequence, the clip now starts a frame too early every time. This only happens when the frame rates mismatch, but it happens every time.

So I have to either slip it back a frame, or remember to always mark in a frame late. This is particularly irritating when I'm working with shots from a pre-cut video because it introduces flash frames if I intended to start from the first frame of a shot.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Visual indication of grouped clips

Would be helpful to have some sort of graphical indication that a clip belongs to a Group before clicking on it

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reload image sequences correctly

Working with .png "image sequence" exported from animation software (C4D, ToonBoom, etc) in PrP timeline. PrP does not update the image-sequence in the timeline when the files are updated. After Effects does. Sometimes "reload footage" is required to refresh the image-sequence in AE, there is no functional equivalent in PrP. Trash Cache, delete footage, reimport is the workaround.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. [Bug] Zoom animation gone wrong

When I change the start position of a zoom I made something strange happens... As this is difficult to describe I kindly provide a video here:
    https://youtu.be/kzoZlwf-uJc
    I found a fix by moving the keyframes a few frames in time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Default import bin

Currently if you created a nest sequence or "replace with after effects comp" or important a sequence from abother project and then get all its assets with it, all these new assets are placed in the root of the main project. It would be nice if you could set a bin as the default location ofr any auto imported or created assets. With a large project you constantly have to clean up all these files and it would be far cleaner and easier to stay on top of it they went in one bin which you could routinely go through…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base