Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove proxies

An option to remove proxies from clips. Otherwise the only choice is to delete the proxies, but then the program is constantly bugging you for them when you relaunch. I'm having an issue where I replaced proxy files with new transcodes, but the system still shows them at the wrong size in the timeline (match framing shows them as they should be). I'd love to be able to simply delete the originals and start over, but it isn't possible.

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Centralize LUT locations between programs

Can you make the LUTs live in one place for all Adobe programs to access? As things are now I must install them in three places to cover Premiere, Media Encoder, and After Effects. How about putting them in the Common folder?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix latest sound bug which mutes soundtracks randomly when Premiere is opened.

This bug has been reported by lots of people including me. When the latest version of PP is opened, some soundtracks are randomly muted and can only be enabled by clicking 'solo' twice. Hence before exporting it's necessary to check that every soundtrack is working. This is a new bug. Please don't keep adding more features if you introduce more bugs. It wastes too much time.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The selected Lumetri "layer" will connect to the controls in the effects panel.

If you select a Lumetri Color Effect, in the Video Effect Window, the corresponding inputs and values should populate into the Lumetri Color Window.

Currently, the sliders and controls in the Lumetri Color panel will only link up to the bottom-most Lumetri color effect in the video effects panel. However, this isn't the best workflow because if you have a number Lumetri effects applied to the same video clip then you have to keep rearranging layers if you want to access the sliders in the Lumetri Color Window. (And yes I know you can open up the effect and access…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is now officially available.

You can now select from multiple Lumetri layers directly from within the Lumetri Panel. It’s also possible to add new layers from the same menu, and you can rename them as well.

Here’s an overview of what’s new with the latest version of Premiere Pro:
    https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/premiere/features.html

Thanks for your feedback – keep it coming!

Cheers,
    Patrick

5. Time remapping faster than 1000%

It'd be nice to ramp faster than 1000%

346 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add default font settings for imported captions

Add default font settings for imported captions
    If you have your subtitles done professionally they often deliver texts in a sidecar file, for example srt. This can be imported to Premiere, and you can use them as open captions in your project. You will have to change font settings for all text boxes. For a big corporation with design standards for subtitles it would be great to have the feature to change the default font settings for imported captions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Selecting a graphic in the timeline should open the edit properties for the graphic within the EG Panel

When I click a graphic in the timeline, I then need to also select it in the Essential Graphics Panel to access its properties. It would be much better if the properties were open automatically, since I might need to change multiple graphics it would save a lot of mousing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better TC entry for timeline

Currently, to go to a particular timecode in the Timeline you have to type all 8 digits, which is annoying and slow. Please allow:
    1) us to use "." to insert "00", which is faster and widely used elsewhere (ie - "1..." equals "01:00:00:00").
    2) us to type partial timecodes, allowing the hours / min / seconds to be understood by Premiere if they aren't entered. So if I'm at TC 01:02:15:00 and I want to go to the even 30 second point of that minute, I just type "30." or "3000" and hit enter. Premiere should assume the missing…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Issue with Background color with Closed Captioning

Check the deities of the issue on Premiere pro-Forum -

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10343982#10343982

In ver 12.1.1 I was unable to change the background of the captions from transparent to opaque.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Easier editing of captions in Essential Graphics

Easier editing of captions in Essential Graphics

There is currently no way of changing the font of multiple graphics together at once, I hope to see an update to support certain attributes in Essential Graphics to be copied and pasted over.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Warp stabilizer

Warp Stabilizer needs to be able to automatically adjust to different resolution footage inside of the same timeline. I waste an obscene amount of time manually nesting footage, going into that comp, resizing the nested sequence to match the clip, and then applying warp stabilizer, and then going back to my original timeline, and then scaling the nested sequence to this sequence size. Its a massive hassle and waste of time. Build a feature that allows it to do all of that automatically in the effect panel.

622 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We actually fixed this issue back in the 13.1.3 release (July 2019). Warp Stabilizer no longer requires the footage to match the sequence resolution. This allows for common workflows like shooting in 4K and mastering in 1080 so you have room to reframe the shot or punch in for a closeup and medium shot from the same camera angle. Warp stabilizer will work in these situations no longer requiring nesting. It is still a requirement that the pixel aspect ratio must match but this is less of an issue these days, where more often than not you are dealing with square pixels. If you haven’t updated since the spring of 2019, I recommend you update to the latest version. As always, thanks for your comments.

12. Thanks a lot for Canon RAW light support

Thanks a lot for Canon RAW light support !
    I am so happy to be able to playback smoothly my Raw file ( at 1/4 ) on my 2013 MacbookPro ( 2,3 Ghz Intel Core i7 with Nvidia GeForce GT 750 M 2048 Mo )
    Thanks !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. version 12.1.1 turns my 60i footage into 14.99fps. when i go back to 12.0.1 it processes the footage correctly to 30fps.

version 12.1.1 turns my 60i footage into 14.99fps. when i go back to 12.0.1 it processes the footage correctly to 30fps.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can No Longer Import Elgato Game Capture HD MP4's

With the most recent update we are no longer able to import MP4 files rendered from our Elgato Game Capture devices.

See thread: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10330170/

Was advised to post here from this tweet: https://twitter.com/AdobeCare/status/986656431276470272

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Offline / Local network Team Projects.

Being able to use team projects in an offline / local network environment would be very useful for post houses or mobile editing teams with little to no access to a decent internet connection.

Similar to what Avid can accomplish with it's Nexus system.

Being able to lock your specific sequence if you are working on it would help with conflicts on the sequence happening. If another person tries to edit your sequence a new copied sequence for them to work on should be created, and labeled as required.

An edit assist should be able to ingest from a different…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Team Projects serves a different purpose compared to what you’re describing, it’s designed as a cloud centric workflow with access for users in multiple locations, working in parallel.

What you’re looking for is actually already implemented and available starting with 12.0 (Fall 2017). It’s called shared projects.

Here’s some more info:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/collaborative-video-editing.html

Cheers,
    Patrick

16. BUG: audio ducking crashes premiere if dialogs have dynamics or EQ

If you apply dynamics under clarity tab on essential sound panel, and then try to duck the music against the dialog by hitting the "Generate Keyframes" button, premiere instantly crashes. Happens on 12.1.1 on a new project, after reset with default settings and default layouts.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Premiere Needs Color Management

I can't believe that my calibrated screen ICC profile doesn't work with Premiere. How am I supposed to color what program monitor doesn't show me an accurate image? This is SOOOO BASIC. WHY???

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix source text bug when keyframing text

I'm trying to create a typewriter effect using the type tool with source text to keyframe each character. However, when I add a new keyframe, the text starts writing backwards.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG: Generating keyframes for audio ducking freezes premiere

Steps to Reproduce Bug:
    1. Set my music clip as audio track from Essential Sound panel.
    2. Hit auto-match and then enable ducking on dialog clips.
    3. Hit generate keyframes.

Results:
    Premiere freezes forever. Only solution is to kill the app from the task manager.

Expected Results:
    To work as intended.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. replace font

This is SUPER annoying that the Adobe folks didn't think of this. I opened a file, and it said something along the lines of...."You don't have the font futura bold, so I've gone and replace it with Futura regular for you." Of course, I have futura bold, but I got this file from someone with a Mac, and I'm on PC, so it's not thinking it's the same font. I guess Futura regular is the closest thing to Futura bold. Ha.

But then I noticed....OK, well, you did exactly what I want to do. Just let me choose which font…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base