Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Audio not rendering at all in Beta 22.6.0 Build (55)

Audio waveform rendering starts and does nothing to render audio - just a progress box with no progress. So, no waveforms. ProRes source files.
    Mac OS 12.4 MacBook ProMax.
    Worked in previous beta builds.
    Using beta because the release version is consistently buggy when rendering audio waveforms.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. transcription in German not working

The transcription process is not working for the German language. Has anyone else experienced this? It gets stuck on Initialising local transcript engine and does not move forward from there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Scene detection off by two-three frames

Scene detection off by two-three frames. This from scenes using Ninja V+

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. BUG: Color Labels on timeline clips keep reverting to default color

I'll painstakingly categorize all of my footage in my timeline by type, assigning a label to each clip... a while later, sometimes while the program is still open, sometimes after I have closed and relaunched, all of the labels have disappeared and reverted back to the default color.

The projects is saved, no other edits are lost, just labels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. No copy protocol when exporting out of Premiere Pro through Media Encoder

Noticed this in 22.5.0
    So my source video is a HD ProRes 422LT in Premiere, but when exporting the same file: ProRes 422LT out of Media Encoder-with no effects or differences to the timeline the export time says it'll take like over a day. It used to be in previous versions that it would be a straight copy protocol of the file. It just seems to be in limbo when exporting out of Media Encoder, it's super fast and works as normal when exporting out of Premiere Pro.
    Tried reinstalling all Adobe software but same problem.
    This is very aggravating…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Delete selected/activated tracks

We can 'delete all empty tracks', or we can delete 1 specific track, but there is currently no way to delete multiple, but not all tracks. The most logical way would be to delete all activated target tracks, as this could be done from a single keystroke, most logically the backspace key. I'm surprised really that there is already a key command called 'delete tracks' that's written in plural but actually just brings up a window where you may choose one potential track to remove, or just all empty tracks, I think this new function should take the place of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dual Monitor Screens

The new UI is unfortunate, and terribly inefficient. If this is the path forward that Adobe is taking, please take into consideration that many professional video editors use 2 screen setups.
    Your new IMPORT, and EXPORT UI’s do not have docable windows. This makes it more difficult to set up for a 2 monitor system.
    Even if you do make adjustments to the UI, they are not retained by the program. The EPORT page puts the split of my 2 monitors directly in the middle of the output preview. If I shift it, it will be reset next time I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow a bypass of this useless new 'IMPORT' page... so users can go right to the eding software that works fine with out the 'IMPORT' page.

I’m not quite sure what the though process was with some of these new UI element. Specifically the “IMPORT’, “EDIT”, & “EXPORT” windows. These are infuriating. They server no purpose.
    Starting a new file use to just start. From there the user could attack the project in whatever way they wanted. This IMPORT page doesn’t allow the use to move forward without predefining a project name, and using a dropdown setting that is WEAK in comparison to the operating systems basking file saving explorer window. SOOO MANY CLICKS! Why?
    So many GIGANITC folder icons. Why?
    All of this is useless.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. MXF OP1a Strobing on Sequence in V22.5 Bug

MXF OP1a clips strobe when played on a suitable sequence in V22.5. The strobing appears to be a grey overlay on 4K clips shot in Rec 709 color space and is very bad. Rolled back to V22.4 and the issue is not present. Please issue a fix to this asap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Lumetri Color separate windows

Lumetri Color to have all assets open in a separate windows. This would make the workflow so much smoother. It would be great to see everything at once in Lumetri Color. This would also eliminate having to click and open each asset multiple times while color correcting. This would allow to make a custom workspace only for color correcting!

Basic correction, Creative, Curves, Color Wheels & Match, HSL Secondary and Vignette could all be separate individual panels within Lumetri which could each be opened in their own separate panel outside of the main Lumetri panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Markers to all selected clips at playhead.

When working with synced multicam layers and nests it's helpful to match everything with color coded markers to make sure things stay in line. It would save some time to be able to apply a color coded marker across all clips at once, even if that was a menu selection it would be faster than selecting each of 9 or 15 clips on the timeline, adding a marker and then changing the type, color, etc..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Command M no longer opens Media Encoder but makes you click around through PR's built in encoder

In all older versions, command M opened ME immediately. Now it opens the Export window, makes you click your way to ME, then slowly opens ME, then transfers data to ME, then you have to set up your files in ME (which you used to be able to automate in preferences, set destination etc - no longer works, check it) and then your presets don't carry over to the next encode, which they used to.

What a disaster! You realize that probably 90% of your users render using ME so they can continue editing, right? So why did you make…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I can render any 4k file with old versions of PP but I can't with newest version, even after reinstalling new one twice!

New version of PP will not render whenever I try to render any 4k file. (Having no trouble rendering any 4k using any older versions of PP.) I reinstalled new version twice but still can't render any 4k files. I reported this bug to Customer Support weeks ago but it is not getting fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Captions need to stop when the dialogue stops - need maximum length parameter

I love the new closed caption capability - thank you.
    However it has a significant problem: it does not correctly calculate the time to STOP displaying the caption.

So if you have a narration audio track with short chunks of narration, the captions continue to display until a couple of seconds before the next chunk begins - resulting in an absurdly long time on screen.

See the sequence illustrated in the screenshot attached. Some of the captions are stretched for a very long time - eg 34 seconds to read 15 words.

Suggested fixes in order of complexity:
    - Stop…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Scene Edit Detection subclips bug

I do media analysis on YouTube, which requires me to use footage from movies & television to complement the narration. Scene edit detection has been great for this, as I can just import the files into my workspace, and premiere will automatically chop them up into subclips before depositing them into a folder for later use. It's honestly been a game changer for me.

That being said, there has been a bug that has been bothering me for quite some time, and to date, I am yet to find a solution.

For some reason, whenever I drag a SED subclip…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please provide the option for us to toggle "Snap in timeline" to ignore any track effects such as cross disolve or constant power.

My job requires a lot of cutting and adding motion graphics which need to sit cleanly on the cuts and productivity is of high priority. One major slowdown that should be an easy fix is the dragging and resizing of graphics that often snap to dissolve transitions rather than simply to the start and end of clips.

Please allow the option to enable "snap to timeline" to ignore all but video clips.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Premiere Degrades Quality of H.265 HEVC Footage With Non-GPU Accelerated Effects

I’ve noticed what appears to be a bug in how Premiere renders H.265/HEVC footage after applying certain effects. From what I can tell, if an effect is not natively GPU accelerated, the image will be degraded by color noise/artifacting and perhaps a color shift. It essentially looks the same as if using MPE Software Only.

Effects such as Warp Stabilizer don’t cause this, as I don’t think they are in the same processing pipeline, but I have found that the following do:
    Camera Blur
    Neat Video
    Color Balance
    Flicker Free (older non-GPU acceleration version)
    Luma Key
    Posterize Time

Out of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable multiple captions track at same time

I used to add multiple captions in order to have two languages subtitled. Now I need to do that again but I can't, because only one track can be enabled. I would love if there's an update to give this option, to have at least two captions track enabled on screen at the same time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Mac M1 Laggy Timeline when using 2 Clips on Video Track on top of each others

If i put one clip below and another clip cropped on top. It will start to take about 1 second when i press spacebar to playback the timeline. On my windows machine is instant.

If i have a single clip, playback is instant

I need to do that all the time, since i do commentary with a webcam on top of what is going on in my screen.

Footage is h264 or mov recorded from OBS.

Also on my PC it takes 2 min to export on the mac mini 8 min. Is that normal?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base