Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premier Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12678 results found

1. Issue with right-clicking on clips in sequence and project bins

On Windows, whenever I right-click on a newly imported clip in the timeline or sequence, PP freezes for a few seconds before the menu comes up ("Not Responding" appears in the title bar), and then playback doesn't work again in that project until I restart PP. I'm using version 23.0.0.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Transcribe submixes

The transcribe workflow currently allows a choice of individual tracks or the overall Mix for the transcription. I often mix all my voices to one submix. It would be great to be able to select the submix for the transcription.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Melhorar o desempenho do programa para quem usa ele em 2 telas de proporções diferentes

Ao importar uma imagem para o projeto onde está a agulha da timeline a imagem não está sendo mostrada quando aumento a escala, ela simplesmente some, isso é novo, mas tenho inumeros problemas de desempenho do programa porque uso duas telas de proporções diferentes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Proxies for certain non-integer framerate media (CFR & VFR) cause massive playback issues

Creating and attaching ProRes proxies for media with certain framerates causes terrible/non responsive playback in CC 2022 and up. CC 2021 and older do not have any of these issues, even when attaching the same proxy files created in a newer version.

This seems universal for most variable framer rate media, for example VFR media sourced from web livestreams. But also certain CFR media such as 119.88 (120000/1001) fps XAVC S captured on a Sony A7s III.

Oddly enough interpreting the footage at the desired framerate seems to fix the issue. I attached a video showcasing the issue and the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please allow "Clip Name" and "Timecode" effects to display audio file names.

Please allow "Clip Name" and "Timecode" effects to display audio file names on transparent videos so we can see them like you would a video files name. We should be able to select audio tracks as well as video tracks. Avid does this like a champion. Why hasn't this been implemented yet? It's critical especially when doing feature film work. I'm astonished honestly that this hasn't been added yet. Please add this feature. Media Composer is much better with features like this, there's no reason why Premiere can't do it too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Performance

I have no idea what is going on under the hood, but on a PCIe 4 MoBo, all NVMe SSDs, 256 GB of RAM, a 3090 RTX with 24 GB of VRAM, and a 64-core AMD Threadripper, there is no reason why this program should be unusable. If it even launches, it is so slow, it's wholly unresponsive. I had to revert to v22. Pr 2023 will also never close on its own. The same thing is true of AE 2023, it will not close, must Force Quit on both, and it's totally killed using Element 3D as well. |…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the Nesting feature in Premiere Pro encapsulate the whole selected track, not just video tracks

When working with just single video and audio track together, nesting works well. However when dealing with stacking tracks, nesting seems to only encapsulate selected video tracks but leaving audio tracks behind. I had to deleted the nested tracks and drag the nested comp back to its place.

PS: Nested audio kinda bugged at times, where the waveforms doesn't appear at times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. テキスト入力について問題があります。

日本語を入力し、スペースキーで変換した後、次のテキストを入力すると直前に変換したテキストが消えてしまう。解決するには、スペースキーで変換した後にエンターを押す必要があるが、このソフト以外でのキーボード操作ではその必要がなく、テキスト入力でエンターを日ごろ使ってない人にとっては、ストレスでしかない。仕事上、入力漏れが多発する可能性がある。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Switching to da vinci

This is ridiculous. I cannot stand how poor this program runs now and it's been so inconvenient for my projects im switching to da vinci. I asked for help one time from adobe support and they suggested i download a previous version of premiere. Imagine that advice... our new update sucks so go use an old one. Sick and tired of this. Do better adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Problems with export file labeling

Despite changing the project name and the export file these keep defaulting to one of the earlier labels. Although changing it each time for each project the wrong labels and comments are applied to the youtube exports.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bug Issue: Premiere Pro 23.0 working with .mxf XAVC-Long QFHD files

This issue is still prevalent in v23.

Constant Frame Retrieval & recursive errors
    Slow refresh of preview window thumbnails
    Slow & stalling scrubbing

Having moved over to a Sony FX6 my post workflow as dramatically slowed as it PP2023 cannot handle MXF files correctly.

Machine Spec:
    MacBook Pro M1 Max
    Monterey 12.4
    64 GB Ram
    4TB internal SSD

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On the now depricated Title feature, I could simply select the line option and draw it. Very simple option which allows loads of freedom and

On the now depricated Title feature, I could simply select the line option and draw it. Very simple option which allows loads of freedom and drawing intricated and precise schematics.

Now, on essential graphics, you need to use the PEN tool which is horrific to use as the line drawer. You go weird breaks in the middle of longer lines, (z shaped), it is simply impossible to quickly add smaller lines to a main one. It is just and horrific idea.

Kindly add a Line option to Essential Graphics, which sould have been a basic and essential feature.

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Pinging me when finished with long processes

Ping me when you’re done synchronizing clips and audio. also ping me when a long process like making proxies or exporting is finished. Why keep me watching my computer time to time when I can just be notified of the progress or any errrors on the way? Like getting a notification on my phone and an alert with sound would be so helpful. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be able to translate automatically the essential graphics!!!!

I would like to be able to select essential graphics in a track for example and automatically translate all of them to another language.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. markers panel show total duration

The Markers panel, sum the total duration time on the top or bottom of all the shown markers. Why? I use chapter markers with a duration in several sub sequences as areas to cut to get the sequence down to broadcast times of 28:26.00 and before I start any cuts, I set markers with duration and read the duration, put them into excel for seconds and frames and have to total it that way. I fine tune the markers duration to hit the perfect cut time, then go to town adjusting cutting and moving lower thirds, music...
    Or show it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There needs to be an easy way to create or use Arrows as a title in essential graphics panel.

Educators use arrows all the time in place of text as a title. In the legacy title windows it was easy to draw an arrow and reuse the title by duplicating it. Essential graphics does not have that function and I'm at a loss or a ton of extra work. This really sucks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adobe Max Notes / Tips in Apps

Really for any Adobe application. We jot down notes on new (or new to us) features and even try them in the apps if we have time BUT, if there was a simple way to notate those in the apps themselves as little sticky reminders, then we would adopt and benefit from them not having to go back and watch the Max videos.

For instance, using a shortcut like Q to cut the footage before the insertion point. Helpful feature, but how would we remember that and all the others? We won't unless there is a way for us to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix caption export difference between Premiere and Media Encoder

I create two Caption tracks in Premiere a 608 and a 708 track. If I export my sequence through the export button in premiere using MXF OP1A codec i get a file with 2 caption tracks. If I export that same sequence to the media encoder I get a file with only 1 caption track. This means I cannot send a whole series of sequences to be encoded at once but I have to export them one at a time from Premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Write Clip Markers to XMP bug: duplicates/erases information

When I check Clip Markers to XMP, my markers don't save properly. Once I click away to another clip, and come back, I find any colors and text that I painstakingly added and customized got randomly erased or duplicated. Very irritating and time-wasting.

I'm working with Merged clips. Maybe that's part of the issue. Premiere Pro probably wants to add the clip markers to both Media files and get confused? That would explain at least the doubling.

It seems to be an issue with the synchronization with the media file's metadata.

The screenshot shows how a blue marker I added…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base