Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Find and Replace Text in Item Names

An extremely useful addition to the UI would be a "Find and Replace" function for searching items' names in the Project Panel.

For example, if using a templated Project (as we make extensive use of), you could quickly find the 25 sequences with the names:

SEASON xEPISODE yyGUEST NAMECLIP 01
    SEASON x
    EPISODE yyGUEST NAMECLIP 02
    SEASON xEPISODE yyGUEST NAMECLIP 03
    SEASON x
    EPISODE yyGUEST NAMECLIP 25

Allowing you to quickly:

Search for "x" and replace with "3"
    Search for "yy" and replace with "12"
    Search for "GUEST NAME"…

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The opening of older version session in the newer updated version

there are 2 things i have a huge problem with on the Aril update. first off, minor, but a while back there use to be a separate window for the "Title" and within the window there were 2 buttons you could press to instantly center them. I do not see that function anymore and it is a pain to make sure if the title is centered now.

NOW, the BIGGEST problem i have faced with this current update is the corruption of files when opening older versions. Last month, i'd be able to open an older timeline from session that…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preview the Color Label Options

Display small color swatches next to the name of each color label in the context menu. It's not easy to remember the difference between Caribbean and Cerulean!

85 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Duplicate sequence + automatically iterate number

It would be great if you could duplicate a sequence using a shortcut, and that duplicate would iterate the name to the next number (or just append with an _1 if there's no number).

e.g. Sequencev1 dulicated becomes Sequencev2

AfterEffects already does this perfectly, would be great if premiere could too

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When scrolling on the timeline using your mouse wheel, hotkeys no longer work for a few seconds, unless double pressed.

When scrolling on the timeline using your mouse wheel, hotkeys no longer work for a few seconds, unless double pressed.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Constant Power Dissolve creates a stutter

After updating to 18, the constant power audio dissolve has been creating a stutter in the audio track. It appears to be playing the audio a few frames early, so when this transition is near a word, you hear the first syllable of the word during the transition, then hear it again as the audio clip reaches that same point.

I am using multicam sequences. the source audio is 192 kHz Waveform.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Whatever you did in your n

Whatever you did in your last update, now any .png file I import into a project, no longer has an alpha channel. Titles, lower 3rd's, really any image I bring into Premiere Pro doesn't work the way it should (or did before the update).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix Audio Dynamics Bug

Fix the audio Dynamics plugin bug that was recently introduced. If an Audio Mixer has a Dynamics plugin, but not audio is currently passing through that track, it's creates a nasty glitching/grinding digital feedback.

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  22 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. match frame

when you use the match frame command in the timeline it would be nice if it matched frame to the first layer of video that is not an adjustment layer. many times I hit match frame and blank video comes up! I have to then unlock lower track, select it and then match frame.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Batch Change Sequence Starting Timecode

Would be super if you could highlight multiple sequences and make them all start at the same timecode.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Standalone panel messages from a Teams project.

Hi, I'd love to be able to add a panel/Window with the messages from editors working on a Teams Project, kinda like a chat interface. Digging these out currently is a bit of a pain.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix hanging on closing projects, cancelling preview rendering, cancelling locating media

On Mac High Sierra, Premiere hangs or crashes almost every time I close a project, cancel rendering previews, or cancel locating media.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Issues With Transform Effect

Upon using the new update. The transform effect isn't working like its supposed to. You can scale up higher than 300 which is something you couldn't do in the past, but as soon as you add your own shutter angle, everything is destroyed. This needs to be fixed because I have a lot of projects with the transform effect as transitions.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better Utilization for GPUs using SLI and Multi-thread processors.

Adobe should allow for better use of GPUs using SLI in Premier Pro and AE. Multi-thread processors are not going away and Adobe should allow their users to utilize them with their programs.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copying transition effects not working after last update

If I want to copy an arbitrary transition effect from one cut to another, its not possible anymore (this function was always in Premiere since CS6, im working in this program. Its not problem of bad installation since we have 4 different machines and its the same everywhere.

Can you please repair this?

Thank you

P.S.: Sorry if I made duplicate request, we updated our Premieres yesterday..

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Problem with effect layers with masks and crossfade

CC2018 v12.0.0 Build 224
    When adding an effect layer on which you put a mask, animate the opacity of the mask, and put a cross fade at the beiginning of that layer, it results in a problem of interpretation of the clip below.
    Instead of reading it as it is, it reads it backwards from the end.
    See the problem here :
    https://youtu.be/k0oReh2XL90

Thank you

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. scroll around in effect area

I'm often using "the hand" (H) for maneuvering around in my timeline. Also using OPTION+Mousewheel for zoom in and out.
    Why not implement that into the keyframe area of the effect tab. I would love that.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug: Strange digital noise caused by Dynamics (PPro 12.0.1 & Mac OS X)

I'm running a Premiere Pro 12.0.1 on Mac OS X El Capitan and have noticed some strange behaviour when using Dynamics. If I apply Dynamics on the track it processes the audio, but also adds some weird digital noise (at range of -48 to -32 dBFS) when there is no audio clip on the track. Noise appears also when exporting. Bypassing Dynamics also removes the noise from the track.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base