Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Character/type controls in Premiere.

Please add more character/type controls to Premiere like we have in all other Adobe apps. Like Bold, Underline and Italic.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PPRO 2018: you can't install mogrt files to Essential Graphics in batch mode only one by one

Mr Developers maybe you have to work harder to solve these simple problems like this. In PPRo 2017 you could install in batch mode with only copy the folder(s). In PPRO 2018 also you can't create your own folders to oraginze your mogrt files. Congratulations!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto keyframe should be OFF! By default it should be off!

The autokeyframe by default on things loke opacity has been a source of many a frustrations for me.

I set an opacity value. Then later I change it. Play it back and I wonder why it isn't set where I wanted. So I open it up an goddammit the autokeyframe was on by default so to get rid of it I push the stop watch and that warning is thrown right at my face. I never wanted the keyframes in the first place so why did you assume I would, adobe?!

This problem would not be nearly as aggravating if…

483 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No sound after loading project

After loading a project there is no sound. Workaround: toggle "solo" on and off on any audio track and audio is playing again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Codec

We need HEVC for institutional subscribers! ASAP!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Markers on clips and timeline disappear, please fix!

I made the markers, saved and closed but then when I opened up premiere pro again they show for a second then disappear... please fix this!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe Premiere Pro CC 12.1.0 - Elgato MP4/60FPS import issues

Hello,

I have a problem with adobe premiere pro 12.1.0 since the last update. I've created a project a week before that update. The source files have the following details:

Video (Made with Elgato HD60):

Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10 avc1)

Lang: English

Res: 1920x1080

Frames: 60 per second

Format: Plana 4:2:0 YUV

Audio:

Codec: MEPG AAC Audio mp4a

Lang: English

Stereo - 48kHz

Before I've started the update everything worked fine. After the update I'm getting the screen pending media. If I click another point at the timeline I'm getting a picture from the video. But it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Built-in option to delete media cache

There's a lot of problems where "delete your media cache" is the suggestion. There should be an option within Premiere to fully clear the cache rather than having to do it from Finder/Explorer.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ProRes Export for WINDOWS

a lot of company's use ProRes as in house codec, so it's good to export ProRes ... from Windows

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug report:: BIN filter greyed out in Project Window v12.1.1

After upgrade to v12.1.1, the filter bin is greyed out in Project window.
    - Tried to clean up cache but doesn't resolve this issue.
    - create Search bin works.
    - All my projects have this issue. It was working normally but somehow, it is not working now.
    - Create a new project and which contain only one video file, has the same issue.

My system Win 10 x64.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Import multiple .mogrts, add a group of .mogrts to a library instead of one by one

1. Can only import one .mogrt at a time. I just bought a pack from Motion Array with 17 type templates, and had to import one at a time

2. Once they were all imported into my overly cluttered EG panel (without the folders or list view it used to have), I tried grouping all the added templates and doing right click > add to library. Didn't work! Can only do one at a time.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. bug in captions/subtitles - can't use Export to Media Encoder with caption burn in enabled

It's a bug in your software, when exporting right out of Premiere it works to have the captions set to burn-in, if you choose Send to Media Encoder it will never work. No matter what you do you cannot get those captions / subtitles to burn in.

This is bad because it ties up your whole editing system just to export media one by one when you need burned in captions or subtitles.

12.0.0 build tested, bug everytime
    12.0.1 also has same issue

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Color Labels to Sync between users in Team Projects

The way I communicate which assets need replacing and which assets don't is through color labeling. Team projects reset labels each time I re-open the team project sequences.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug - Audio intermittently muted until solo button activated and deactivated

Some audio tracks will intermittently stop playing back, however if you solo and unsolo a track (any audio track will do), the audio starts playing back as normal.

This started as of 12.1, and continues.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Some audio stops playing back.
    2. Solo an audio track.
    3. Unsolo that audio track.
    4. Sound plays back as expected.
    12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

The issue could occur when an audio track was muted in a sequence and then the v12.1.1 project was saved and closed. When you reopened the project, the UI for the sequence no longer showed the audio track as being muted as the UI reset the toggle to show it as on. When a user would play back the sequence , not all of the audio tracks would appear to play causing them to possibly think it was a caching issue or codec related issue. Premiere was actually playing the sequence back correctly as those tracks were muted from the previous save state but the UI bug caused the issue where there was no indication that the track was muted.

Solution: (the Fix)
    Once a v12.1.1 project shows this UI behavior it needs to be corrected and resaved. Note v12.1.2 will not correct this issue simply by opening the project…

15. Windows ProRes encoding

Cineform is nice, but ProRes is still inescapable and necessary, sometimes specifically required as a deliverable. What would it take to get ProRes encoding on Windows?

I'm talking about real ProRes, not a reverse engineered ffmpeg/miraizon type.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  19 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Try using your own software

I'm being serious. Using Premiere over the past few years makes it painfully obvious that not enough people at Adobe are using Premiere. It's so buggy now that I'm embarrassed to use it in front of other people.

Divert some engineers to actually make some videos with the product. Real videos, not simple vlog stuff. You'll see how miserable the experience has become. I don't believe you could release such unreliable software if you actually had to deal with using it.

I'm confident this thread will be taken down just like all the other people who have told you to…

96 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do use our own software, thanks!

If you’d like help with those major issues, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

17. Luminance/Saturation Curve in Lumetri Color

Please add luminance/saturation curve in Lumetri Color. The one like in DaVinci Resolve. Users could desaturate based on the luminance range much easier than using HSL Secondaries.

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug when attempting to edit Essential Graphics elements attached to a clip

-----DESCRIPTION-----
    Attempting to modify/edit an Essential Graphics (hereafter abbreviated EG) element attached to a clip of any sort from the Effect Controls panel(!) causes a serious bug.
    This bug didn’t affect the 2017 version of Premiere Pro and was introduced with the 2018 update.
    To demonstrate this, I’ve included a link to the same project for both 2017 and 2018 versions of Premiere Pro:
    https://goo.gl/vx5YSy

-----AFFECTED ITEM TYPES-----
    Basically any item type that can have EG elements attached to it is affected. These are:
    * Footage (video, vector/raster images)
    * Sequences
    * Solids (Adjustment Layer, Black Video, Color Matte, Transparent…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Arthurs, thank you for posting those test projects up front. That is very helpful and saves us both time.

Arthur and I have been able to get to the bottom of this. There was an unintentional piece of workflow that was allowing this to happen. That will be fixed, so there should be no way to paste Graphics Layers into non-Graphics items. There are other ways to keep media, shapes, and text together inside a single trimmable item. Arthur and I have discussed some of those ways. If others are wanting to do what Arthur has been doing, please add a new post explaining what your intended workflow is and we will help you find a way to work with the feature set as designed.

I’m closing this request as Completed now because the root problem is known and slated to be be fixed as soon as possible.

19. audio hardware

Please add default audio output to match window system audio output devices options.

That will be useful for some users like me. when I switch my audio output devices on windows, PR will use the same device for audio output.

win 10, PR CC2018 v12.0.1

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sequence Audio Doesn't Play After Opening A Project Unless You Solo and Unsolo A Track

After opening a project, the audio will not play in any open sequences. In order to get it to start working, you have to solo and then unsolo any audio track. This has been an issue since Premiere Pro Version 12.1 for sure. It may have been introduced in version 12.0.

226 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

Please check 12.1.2. We have provided a fix that we believe resolves this issue.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base