Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LTC Conversion in PremierePro - URGENDLY needed

This has been requested repeatedly, trying to convey the urgency a bit clearer:
    With todays increasing mix of different device classes in production for all kinds of media, the lack of this feature has reached a breaking point.
    The time and work required to synch up footage manually and/or use a work-around with Resolve/outsidePremierePro pushes you to use other NLEs to work efficiently and cost effective. Converting LTC inside premiere pro should be a given, footage ingest is at beginning, at the base of all projects!
    And I do say this as someone who really likes premiere Pro.
    Thank you,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Search media across Production

If my team is collaborating on a large project, we're using Productions. If I need to use the search function, it only searches within the individual project I'm in, not across the entire production. If the production is truly large, like a documentary, narrative feature, or TV show, the media could live in many different projects.

Is it possible to add an ability to search across the entire Production?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bring back the previous workspace layout!

With the new update, it's absurd that one has to click twice in order to choose a workspace. And plus the menu dropdown is small. Previous version was easier, less work.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have a good system but premiere pro does not working smoothly. This is to much disturbing. It wasting my lots of time.

I have a good system but premiere pro does not working smoothly. This is to much disturbing. It wasting my lots of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe DVD 2022 Surface Initialization Failed error

Users are experiencing the following error message on Premiere Pro Startup: Surface Initialization Failed error
    and it looks like it is DVA 2022 related since some users tried killing the DVA 2022 processes to get Premiere Pro to run.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change default setting to "Burned in" instead of "None" when exporting captions

In the new export window you now have to manually turn "on" the captions tab, which you would think means the captions would be exported with the video, but no, you also have to click on the tab, then de-select the default "none" option and select burned in or side-car. This is really aggravating especially when you have to export dozens of videos with captions a day. It would make way more sense to have the default option be burned-in, not "none". If you want no captions, you can just click the captions tab to off, so the none option…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. documents folder

In the name of all that is just and right in the world stop creating an adobe folder in my documents library. How is this seriously something a program this expensive is doing?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. メタデータ(リールナンバー)の読み込み、変更が出来る様に

メタデータ(リールナンバー)の読み込み、変更が出来る様に 

他社は出来るので。いまだに出来ないのは、厳しいです

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatic Subclip Adjustment to changes in frame rate.

Premiere has an issue where if you import a subclip into a sequence with a different frame rate than the source, the subclip will desync & include frames that were not present in the original subclip.

This might seem like a minor nuisance, but if you're using scene edit detection to break down footage into their constituent shots for repurposing (think of the subclips like a painter's palette), this desync can cause the first frame to be from the previous shot.

Now, I did find a solution to this problem (which I will link below), but it requires certain work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New colour management feature not implemented properly

The new colour management is an interesting beta feature but having it on by default means all older projects open up looking crazy, having the 709 transform under the user applied LUTs. Also you can't override the input colour space if it isn't detected from the camera file.

The interpret footage colour settings also don't appear to follow the project across workstations, I'll open a project someone has sent me and its all enabled again.

There really needs to be a global way to turn it on and off, being forced to do it manually for all the rushes is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bring back the project media loading status!

I'm not sure if this feature was intentionally removed but on my windows and mac machines Premiere no longer shows me the media that's loading in the bottom corner on opening a project. Really annoying as there's no indication when it's complete. Was this intentional or is it a bug?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop generating peak files for media that is deleted

Premiere continues to generate peak files for media even after they've been deleted from the project, or tracks completely turned off in "interpret footage". Requires project to be reopened to be updated when they should just stop immediately

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. horizontal scroll

It is very unfortunate you cannot use the new essential graphics tool with very long horizontal scrolling text, because the maximum Y-Position is -32768 which makes the rest of my scrolling text not being displayed. I'd wish there was a horizontal crawl tool like in the old title version! plus text tools are full of bugs. keeps crashing =(

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 'Open Project' Window and 'Import Window' freeze on latest version of Premiere Pro running on Windows 11.

This only happens on the latest Premiere Pro version. Whenever an explorer window is opened through Premiere, either while locating and opening a project or while using the import function, the window freezes and nothing happens. The only solution seems - open a project file directly by double clicking the project file and use media browser for importing. Because any instance of using the explorer window through premiere, causes Premiere to crash.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When exporting iphone footage, Premiere has glitches and garbles moments

I have an iPhone 13 Pro Max. I have to film using base color settings in the phone because PP can't handle the color space... but even then, when I export, premiere will garbled a couple seconds of the video. It also garbles any text or overlays applied over the footage. When I re-export, the garbled frames are clean but then other garbled frames that were okay before are now garbled.

(the image below has the captions added afterwards in a different app)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. custom naming conventions for duplicated sequences

Currently, Premiere just appends Copy 01, Copy 02 etc to a duplicated sequence name.

As a result, this process requires users to maually "uptick" a new name / version number each time they duplicate. This means unnecessary key strokes and precision clicks for what should be a single keyboard shortcut: cmd + d (mac)

Premiere should be able to detect common naming conventions "v01, v02, v03...", "R1, R2, R3" etc. and automatically uptick and rename duplicated sequences accordingly.

Furthermore, it would be great to customize exactly how to name a sequence too. Think: placeholder variables for sequence dimensions (9x16, 4x5…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to change multiple sequence settings at one time.

It would be great to be able to click multiple sequences in a bin and change their sequence settings as group. (I.e., changing from an Arri format to DNX, etc.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 22.5 exporting/rendering unbelievably slow

Downloaded 22.5 and immediately had issues with a 4 minute sequence. It had a few lower-third graphics, but nothing major. Normally it would take Premiere/MM a couple of minutes to export. In 22.5 it was getting stuck on the renders and would slow down to the point where it was taking over 10 minutes to process.
    Finally I reverted back to 22.4 and all was right again.
    Adobe, please fix!
    FYI, I'm using a Mac Studio with 128 GB memory & 2 TB of available storage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Warp stabilizer

There's an issue with the Warp stabilizer effect recently. Most of the time when I am using it the footage seems to be distorted. Seems the effect is not working well to stabilize a little shaky footage without creating distortion effects in the clip. This needs to be fixed. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The H264 format isn't working for me. I did have problems Premiere Pro 2020, now I'm having all kinds of problems with 2022 version.

The H264 format isn't working for me, having to many problems with it. the 2020 version of premiere pro was much better. I export my project and the sound isn't syncing correctly. The sound is dropping throughout the video. I'm getting message saying Video filter missing: Fast color correction etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base