Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tangent element causes MultiCam bug

I was experiencing consistent hang/crash when in multicam mode and toggling between camera angles. Troubleshooted w/ Adobe phone support...clearing preference files solved the issue. However when I re-added the tangent control surface in preferences, the crashes resumed. I am confident there is a bug related to Tangent control surface and multicam mode. Tangent added...premiere crashes. Tangent removed...no crashes!

Windows 10. Crashes in 14.6, 14.7 and 14.8. Tested both Software only and CUDA.

See closed case ADB-17566644-J5S9 for more info

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Track Matte !!!!!! If I have stills that I have scaled the track matte scales with it in some odd way

Good lord fix this. It worked flawlessly in 2009 in Final Cut Pro. Guys I love Adobe but you need to stop adding needless features and fix the bedrock of editing!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Camera Shake Effect

An effect that randomly generates camera shake with adjustable amplitude, direction, speed, etc. Other editing programs, such as DaVinci Resolve, Hitfilm, and Filmora all have shake effects that allow the user to create camera shake with an easily accessible .OFX effect. Paid services, such as Boris FX and Ignite Pro include this, but they're (obviously) paid services for a very simple, not entirely ground-breaking effect. I think an effect similar to these would go great as a base effect included with Premiere. There are many cases where this could be used, for example adding handheld feel to a film where…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Backup all users profiles and preferences (if fact everything) in Creative Cloud - Synced

Imagine a place, where you never lost any preferences, where you can find the last preferences of your favorite app, after you lost everything, after a reboot or even after an unknown problem with you ***** PC/Mac.

The idea is simple, allow for each app some spaces, 1-2 Go (or more) in Creative Cloud will create a place that will only stock all personals profiles and their update automatically (not only project or files).

Remember the old project files path you've made in 2014? No? Creative Cloud got your back! Recent files will always be remember with this improvement. If…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Immersive Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Button to Autorename ''.old" files in library/document path for TI Support + Reset Prefs Button

A big no brainer solution for your TI Support is to rename the file with ''.old'' to update files directories by adding ''.old'' in order to resolve some problem. In some cases, it takes way too much times for us to wait when we need to work fast as **** (sometimes it takes more than 2 hours to finish with this solution).

The idea is to create two buttons:
    1 - One witch reset all files directories with a simple button in Preferences > Sync Settings - that will auto-renamed, the sources directories files of the app (ex: PremierePro) by…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Premiere crashes when opening a second project that has scratch disk set to media that is unmounted

Situation:

I have project A and project B. Project B has scratch folders on an external drive which is now unmounted. I open project A, all good, but when I try to open project B (while having project A open), Premiere crashes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scripting - Apply Default Transitions

I have been working with scripting repetitive tasks in Premiere. Many of our projects require making many iterations of the same idea. The scripts add graphics as needed. A given project might have 30+ sequences which we then need to go back through and apply transitions to these graphics. This seems like a no brainer. Loop through all the items on a specific track and apply the default transition. But it's not available. I can script opacity handles which works quite well, but in many cases, it would be easier to use the default transition as there's a visual indicator…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Scripting - Lock Video / Audio Tracks within a sequence

Scripting is not an option in the feature request dropdown. Please pass this on to the people who handle user-sided scripting for Premiere. Thanks.

For the folks who like writing scripts for Premiere, please add the ability to lock a particular video track within a sequence. Personal Use situation: I have written a script that duplicates a template timeline, then adds graphics at specific places needed in every video in the project (generally 30 duplicated sequences per project). Video is later added meaning I need to go through and lock all the tracks that these script added items live on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When using

When using Hardware Encoding the file size is not the same as the estimated file size shown on the export screen.

This is correct for software encoding but when using hardware encoding the exported file size is much smaller. Is this by design or is there a fault?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better visual cues to show tracks are disabled/muted

I don't know how many times I've started to export a timeline while forgetting to enable/unmute a track. When you disable a clip, it turns dark, so I tend to use this INSTEAD of track disable/mute these days.

You have a great visual cue to show a disabled clip, and a great cue to show a locked track. Shouldn't you also darken the entire track to show the track is disabled or muted? This seems like a really obvious behavior to me, and an easy change to make.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Team Projects - Sharing Imported Files

in team projects, when sharing changes, it would be nice if there was a prompt asking to include "new files" that were imported into the project. obviously video files might be too big, but many files are not. Would be a great way to utilize cloud storage, or maybe someone would want to link to their storage of choice, like Google Drive, Frame.io, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add label color sample to fly-out menu and put them in rainbow order

Many of us humble editors don't know precisely how Iris, Caribbean, and Cerulean relate to colors like Blue, Green and Teal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Premiere pro keeps on crashing Dell XPS 15 7950

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 15 7950 / 32GB Ram / Intel i7 9750 H 2.6Ghz / Nvidia Gtx 1650
    Sometimes the program crashes upon opening but most of the time halfway during exporting. I tried many different solutions but notjing seems to work. Is there a way i can share the log files so a support technician can have a look at them and give me solution/work around?
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Premiere pro keeps on crashing Dell XPS 15 7950

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 15 7950 / 32GB Ram / Intel i7 9750 H 2.6Ghz / Nvidia Gtx 1650
    Sometimes the program crashes upon opening but most of the time halfway during exporting. I tried many different solutions but notjing seems to work. Is there a way i can share the log files so a support technician can have a look at them and give me solution/work around?
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. export to youtube

I still can't export my videos to youtube, it tells me to sign in which I do but it makes me sign in over and over and nothing works, this is bs I pay for this and it won't even work, no tech support has helped me, it's bs!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. HDR Encoding(REC2020), via HEVC(H265) using GPU Acceleration

Hi, my name is Andrew. I use Premier Pro to make my YouTube videos, I love the program. I use gpu acceleration for encoding via HEVC (H.265) which is much faster, but I would like to encode HDR REC2020 primaries, but it only lets me choose Via software which takes forever. Do you think GPU acceleration for HDR via HEVC (H.265) will be available soon for a future update?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add more support for Closed Captions. I work on projects that involve Deaf/Blind individuals.

Please add more support for Closed Captions. I work on projects that involve Deaf/Blind individuals and its alarming to see how tricky and difficult it is to manipulate Closed Caption files and make edits. Please make this more simple and streamlined so Caption files can work as smoothly as video files. It's incredibly difficult to make adjustments, yet everything else seems to work logically and just fine. Please work on this for the next update. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Data Burn In Window

It would be amazing if Adobe could include a data burn in window allowing us to EASILY add various data to picture outputs. A competing program has this amazing panel that makes it super simple. See the attached screenshot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Data Burn In Window like Davinci Resolve

It would be amazing if Adobe could include a data burn in window allowing us to EASILY add various data to picture outputs. Davinci Resolve has this amazing panel that makes it super simple. See the attached screenshot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. BUG! Effects on Nested Clips

I've noticed a degradation of clip quality when nesting and then applying effects to that nest in my main timeline, namely the directional blur effect, but this applies to other effects as well.

I've included images of directional blur on/off to show the difference in quality.

Sequences are identical in the main timeline and nested sequences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base