Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problem with italic font with stroke line

When I edit open caption with line stroke, and select italic, it doesn't work! Please fix it

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Title Backgrounds

Currently, there is no good method to include an automatic background (aka highlight) when using titles in a way that allows for easy adjustability.

One is forced to manually draw rectangles every time he wants to achieve a title with a background to it, or use an impoverished option like Open Captions where one is subject to the rigid attributes of the black bars he is presented with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add more offers to your Creative Cloud plans

Although I've been subscribed to the All Apps plan (Student/Teachers) for over a year now, I'm one of those people who can't afford the normal All Apps plan. Would you be able to add more offers other than the Photography Plan?

For example, a Video Production plan featuring Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition and a choice between 20gb or 1tb. Maybe add Illustrator into the Photography Plan while you're at it, for those who work with art?

I think this would benefit users who don't have a lot of money to spend but doesn't need the full cloud such as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Essential Graphics Stroke Bug

Stoke in Thai Font is very spiky
    But if i put Stoke in Legacy Title there is no Spiky like Essential Graphics
    and the Stoke is very smooth
    In Essential Graphics stroke is very Sharp

Sorry for Bad english
    Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Premiere Pro 2019 alpha channels not rendering transparent

clips with alpha channels in the timeline are not rendering transparent on export to Prorez 422

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  26 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Text wrapping on type tool and proper font size option

When using the type tool, I find it hard to use and get different layers of text to match. I would like to see it more like a text box in MS Powerpoint where you would have a certain width text box and the text wraps to stay in the text box with that width and based on font size (in points) so I could have for example 12 point.

Currently, it does not wrap text and will size according to the size of the text box, regardless of the font size set.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support for Subscript & Superscript in Essential Graphics

Adding a Copyright or TM symbol in a .mogrt file results in the character being the same size as the rest of the text when it should be smaller and superscript.

The lack of this feature is prohibitive for commercial work that includes trademark or copyrighted titles/graphics.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have Premiere Pro warn you if you are starting an export when a clip has the warp stabilizer "warning" across it.

I've found clips with warp stabilizer on them can flip to "needs to be analyzed" for no reason, and that warning getting baked into your exported footage is absurd.

223 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a function that enables to change style (font, colour, etc) of multiple titles in just one place

...instead of getting into each title and change it's properties, and then move to the other title and change it's properties, and then move to the other title...

Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Premiere Crash using Intel UHD 630 Driver

I'm new to Premiere this week, and on the same day as updating my Intel UHD 630 Driver, I was unable to load, clip or edit, place or playback footage. I then got in contact with Adobe, and we worked out when this Driver was disabled, Premiere worked fine. Then, rolling back the Intel driver update back to 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter', Premiere also runs smoothly. So it's something related directly to the Intel UHD 630 Driver itself.

My workflow currently depends on me constantly switching drivers as many apps don't run well with the one that's currently working for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Open Caption

Cannot set the word spacing in the open caption, it can also set the size and stroke size.
    Also unable to burn caption export in Media Encoder.
    this is unacceptable and not user friendly.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. rulers and guides feature

to more easily line up text and images of different sizes along dif portions of the timeline

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to align text within a text box (not just aligning the box itself)

Currently in EG text boxes can be aligned within the sequence area. I have run into time where I am trying to center text within the top half or bottom half of the screen. Since there are no guides in Premiere, the easiest thing would be to make the text box the size of the area you want to center the text, and center the text within that box. Or align to the bottom, or whatever is needed. Adding the ability to create guides would solve this issue, but one should also have basic text control within the text box…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. TC overlay & Captions don't work

There are so many posts about open captions in premiere that I am pretty sure no one is reading these posts... I'll add to the open captions frustration anyways: there is no way to render timecode overlay AND open captions on the same export. Generally, I can only make my open captions burn in on the video if I don't send the export to media encoder but directly press export in premiere. After using "Queue" to send the project to Media Encoder, the captions display as burned in on the preview window, they are not on the exported video though

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Why are we using User Voice for Bugs?

Why are we using User Voice now for Bugs? If there odd ball bugs no one ever votes for them . Keep new features and bug tracking separate.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sounds great to us! :)

If you can reproduce a given problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

16. Bug report: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.1.2

I just tried to import a file PM4 file from my Xiaomi Yi 4K+ and I am getting this nasty error: File Import Failure. The importer reported a generic error. ImporterMPEG (Importer:39) and ImporterQuickTime (Importer:57)
    I am using PC Windows 10 Pro. However, I have another laptop running the previous version of Premiere Pro CC 2018 12.1.1 and there works fine. Please fix that nasty bug!!! I cannot use my files on the main PC!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve addressed this issue with the latest update for Premiere Pro and Media Encoder. You can download both immediately.

Here’s an overview of what’s new with the latest version of Premiere Pro:
    adobe.com/uk/products/premiere/features.html

Thanks for your feedback – keep it coming!

Cheers,
    Patrick

17. Please can you add a function to titles that allows you to add a box background to your text that automatically expands or contracts to outl

Please can you add a function to titles that allows you to add a box background to your text that automatically expands or contracts to outline the text. It should wrap with the text if you hit return to create an extra line. The opacity and colour of the box should be adjustable. This will allow really professional looking subtitles. At the moment, the only way to do this is to create a separate graphic box and manually move it and resize it every time to fit around the text which is extremely time consuming. Many thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. ADD UNDERLINE OPTION TO ESSENTIAL GRAPHICS

Underlining text is one of the most basic tools and clients request this ALL THE TIME (I do video editing for research reports) – how is this still not an option????????

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Caption Bugs - See Attached Screen Recording

I've submited this video to Adobe quite some time ago, it's been 3 updates since and most of the bugs persist today.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Sequence Audio Doesn't Play After Opening A Project Unless You Solo and Unsolo A Track"

This is NOT "COMPLETED". The problem still persists with this latest build. Please, please get this thing sorted. This program is becoming worse than useless for professionals.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  15 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base