Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premier Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12678 results found

1. Premiere locks up for 10 seconds when I select the edge of a clip to edit it - when it comes back all the clips are black.

Premiere locks up for 10 seconds when I select the edge of a clip to edit it - when it comes back all the clips are black. Have to use a previous version of the project.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Export to Media Encoder 22 or 23 with Rendered Timeline - excessively slow

Not an idea, but a problem report.
    With timeline rendered to match, export Match sequence preview settings - using Previews -- renders very fast directly out of Premiere = GREAT. However, sending same sequence and settings to Media Encoder = HOURS to encode!
    I've tried both Premiere 22 matched to Encoder 22, and Premiere 23 matched to Encoder 23 - same result - SLOW! Even after restart - no change.
    Suggestions?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Maintain Finder/Explorer Folder Structures on Import

I'm creating a new topic because I'm tired of Adobe continuing to ignore the highly voted one from TWO YEARS AGO.

Can we please maintain folder structures on import to a project? I spend time creating a folder structure on my computer only to have to manually import and recreate it within the project file since Adobe enjoys destroying any folder it feels is redundant or something.

Please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Problem: Locked tracks still copying/pasting

Locked tracks are still copying/pasting even after trashing preferences, as well as uninstalling/reinstalling Premiere. It has become a huge thorn in my workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow us to use the legacy export window while still having the new workflow

Not gonna take too much of your time, I really dislike the new Premiere export workflow. To me it's extremely clunky, takes far more clicks than it used to, and overall just is a speed bump to my process that didn't exist before.

Obviously just going back is probably not going to happen for a plethora of reasons and new users may prefer the new menu. However, for legacy users who have been using the program for a decade plus, why not have some kind of option to keep using the old process? It would solve any immediate issues that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. BUG - Premiere 2023 - Hard Limiter Presets don't load

When loading the Hard limiter effect on any track in the audio track mixer - the presets in the drop down menu do not load when changed - staying on the default setting no matter which option you choose.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Password protected MoGRT source files

As Essential Graphics hold the intellectual property it would be great to have a password protection that prevents clients from accessing the MoGRTs source files through After Effects.

So the MoGRT works the same as usual in Premiere, but can only be edited by the creator or the password holder.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Text Crawl

Please add the text crawl feature back to the text generator. The work around results in a glitchy crawl

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Big project always crashing (many morph cuts)

I have a big Premiere project for a video course with about 400 sequences (will be around 8 hours of a final cut, 40 hours of raw material), many morph cuts and lots (!) of sudden crashes (with Adobe Crash Reporter, no system errors).

The very helpful German Adobe support went with me through all the usual stuff (emptying caches, different admin user, stronger hardware, performance tweaks etc.), but nothing helped.

It is a team project, but is also crashes as local project and with other users. Hardware seems not to be the issue since it crashes on a top…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Save caption styles in built in Folder

Please if there is folder that we can save our created caption style, so we will not import them with every new project

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. BUG: Export and save dialogs opening behind main premiere window

since updating to the latest version of premiere 2023 build 63 There is an issue that is allowing save and export dialogs to open behind the main window. The only way to close Premiere after this happens is from the task manager in windows. Please fix this so that these windows are forced to the front and can not get behind the main premiere window. I have had this happen numerous times causing many delays and loss of work

The workaround is to make the main premiere window every small on the desktop before triggering a save of export dialog…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Function to "remove all transitions from selected clips"

I often have to produce clean versions of videos I edit, which currently involves scrolling along the entire timeline and selecting/deleting each clip transition manually. It takes time and is easy to miss a few. It would be awesome if there was a function someplace in the clip menu or timeline context menu to remove all transitions from clips I've selected in one shot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Box selecting (click and drag) clips doesn't work after scrolling horizontally

When working in the timeline, if you use a mouse scroll wheel to navigate horizontally and then try to box select several clips, it doesn't register when you click and drag the mouse the first time. On the second try it always goes back to normal, but is frustrating when it happens repeatedly. It would be nice if this were fixed.

Running Windows with latest Premiere, not sure about Mac, but this problem has been around for a long time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pixel 7 compatibility

Pixel 7 - it's the best camera on the market for vlogging, yet Adobe does not support it and videos often get corrupted. Please fix

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bug: Setting slide clip shortcut ruins trim functionality

By default the left and right arrow keys with the alt key held down have an application wide shortcut to trim and a timeline shortcut to nudge clip selection. When an edit is selected Premiere trims as expected and when a clip is selected it nudges properly. I wanted to change this functionality so that instead of a nudge I would get a slide. But changing the timeline shortcut from nudge to slide causes the trim functionality to cease working.

Please allow the "Slide clip selection" shortcuts to replace the "nudge clip selection" shortcuts while maintaining the same trim functionality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. My Timeline has died

My Timeline has died! As I try to drag the playhead along the timeline, the drag is displaying in the monitor, but not moving in the timeline panel. I can't select any clips or zoom in either. It has got its blue outline, and when I select another panel, that gets the outline but the timeline stays outlined too!
    The interesting thing is; as soon as I click 'Window' in the menu ribbon, it suddenly catches up to where I swept to and zoomed on.

I was working on a new project for about 5hrs with no problems, then I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please Allow Closer Zoom in Effects Control Panel

When I am working with keyframes, it is seemingly impossible to zoom in close enough to work accurately. Sometimes I am able to zoom in somewhat close but it wont be center and if I try to use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom and it lauches me into a whole other area where there are no keyframes.

This is on a one-screen layout, such as the Effects or Editing Workspaces. I can be more accurate if I move the Effects control Panl onto another screen but even then, I would still like to be able to zoom in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Errores continuos al exportar y renderizar

Tras la nueva actualización es imposible trabajar con esta herramienta. Problemas de memoria, al exportar, renderizar... Es el clásico ejemplo de , si algo funciona, para qué cambiarlo? Me estoy planteando cancelar la suscripción. Me quita más tiempo del que me da.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please Stop Interupting My Work

I don't understand why on Earth Adobe would think that if we're working in another program and Premiere autosaves that we would want Premier to take over the computer, and bring the "saving" progress bar front and center to interrupt our work. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP...if I have Premier hidden, for the love of concentration, KEEP IT HIDDEN!

And, on the subject of interruptions, pretty please stop putting your dang survey up at launch. Sometimes I launch a project and walk away to let it load, and then, there are those times I come back only to find your freak'n…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base