Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file

There is a bug in the new version of Premiere Pro version 14.8.0 (build 39).

I have mpeg files on my D:/ drive that worked fine in a Premiere project 3 weeks ago. Now when I open the project I get a bunch of errors...

Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file D:\myfile.mpeg

I have hundreds of files that have this problem in the project. However, if I copy the file from the D: drive to the C: drive, there are no problems.

This is a big problem for me though because my C: drive does not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accelerate request for Early Access re: Speech to Text Transcription

I have applied for the early access program in order to get Speech to Text Transcription. My understanding is that this functionality has been available in Beta since October. I am requesting acceleration of approval into the early access program so that I can access Speech to Text within the Transcript panel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug - Team Project Blacks Out Lower Track With Multiple Resized Clips

Recently, at our company we've been producing virtual corporate events with multiple layered assets - one layer for a powerpoint slideshow, one layer for a camera shot, and one layer for a motion background. While working on these videos via Adobe team projects in Premiere Pro, we happened across a consistent bug that would black out our motion background. Here's the process that caused the issue:

• We would begin with footage that was recorded in 720p 59.94, ProRes422 LT. One camera shot, and one recording of the powerpoint slides using the same style of recorder capturing the camera. We'd create…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Renders MIA after 24hrs

Something always baffles me.
    Why is it I can render something (e.g. Render in to out) and my timeline indicates green. And the payback is fine. And the export is great (and fast). But the next day after I power-up and open the project my timeline is once again dappled with red & yellow sections?

Why does PP lose track of the renders?
    In an Avid MC system once I render it, it’s done forever - unless I change a parameter or delete the media myself.
    So I find the unprovoked disappearance of rendered files not annoy annoying but terrifying. …

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug Report: Programmes Crash on Exit

I'm using Win10. I updated to PPr and Me 14.8 and Ae 17.6 last week. The programmes generally behave when open and at the end of my session I always close my project and then close the home screen. But since updating, if I close any of these programmes via the Window's browser close button, they regularly crash instead of closing. It happens roughly 1/5 times with Pr, 2/5 times with Ae, and 4/5 times with Me (Me is both using browser close and normal exit.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Move to Bin Feature

It would be very helpful if Premiere Pro would have a feature to easily move an item or several selected items to a specific targeted bin. I appreciate the drag-and-drop feature to move items inside or outside of bins but it would be a life saver if just by right-clicking on an item would bring up an option to Move Item to Bin and have a submenu come up to allow selecting from a list of bins already created by the user as shown in attached mock-up image I created. This would be tremendously helpful especially when working with a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dynamic Link and AE Comp Name Sync

If I change the name of an AE comp, it would be great to see it reflect automatically inside the PP bin.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Dialogue/audio edit detection

I wish that Premiere could detect when audio (particularly speech) drops in and out, and automatically remove silent gaps. Much like Scene Edit Detection, but focusing on capturing useful footage in the rushes of an interview, or presenting to camera.

This would save so much time in editing through raw footage that focuses on when the subject is speaking.

Additionally, it would be good for it to ignore coughs and other short bursts of audio, that clearly aren't useful dialogue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere (Intel under Rosetta2) on M1 13" MBP hangs on open if secondary monitor attached and Lumetri Scopes displayed

When an external monitor is attached (either as the primary or secondary display) Premiere will hang during project open (never displaying the UI), either during application launch or Mac wake from sleep, if and when the Lumetri Scopes window is/will be 'active' ie open in the GUI monitoring an active sequence.

Workaround 1: Close Scopes window (or close all sequences) before closing the project / quitting the app and/or allowing the Mac to sleep.

Workaround 2: force quit and reopen Premiere using (creating if necessary) an empty project... once the application is fully launched and the empty project is open…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Legacy Title .. Whats up with it in PP Beta for M1 Macs ?

I have the PP Beta installed in my MacM1.
    First, I cant find 'Legacy Title' under the 'New' tab in 'File'.
    Second, projects imported from previous versions of PP are not recognising the 'Legacy Titles' I created.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Warp Stabilizer improvements - ignore faces

Sometimes Warp Stabilizer gives really weird wobbly results, and that's because it sees a face in the frame and it's trying to stabilize to the face. Occasionally I want that, but in my view what we normally want is for it to stabilize the whole shot (in other words make the camera less shaky relative to the environment it's in). Surely there could be a simple option (applied by default) that ignores faces? Also the faces are normally somewhere in the centre of the frame, you could make a warp stabilizer mode that favours near the edges of the frame…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Most of my time is wasted at waiting Premiere pro to functioning properly without any lag

How can it be a simple cutting videos could consume me a few hours just because Premiere pro keep lagging

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. KEEPS CRASHING OM EXPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no mater how i do my export it just keep crashing when i use any kind of effects. also i tried it with just simple video and also keeps crashign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Manuals and tutorials

Learning how to use the Adobe Apps is a cluster...
    "Manuals" are obscure.
    The various "How-To" videos and other tutorials are scattered all over the place and nothing seems connected or based the science of education. Instead it seems random, disjointed and haphazard.
    Adobe, you have the resources to do a better job for the sake of current and new users. Don't abuse your near monopoly by neglecting the basics.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug in the playback, after loop no sound.

The new version of Premiere Pro when the playback ends and the loop button is on, the playhead goes to the begining and then the sound stops.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bugs with the project panel while reseting the windows and search in Essential Graphics.

There are two bugs now for a few versions that are so annoying.

1. when a person resets the workspace windows the project panel goes to the right in every computer i tried.

2. You cannot search in the essential graphics panel, it rarely works in any computer i have tried, Im forced to use third party graphics panels where you can search and sort graphics. The whole panel needs a redesign its annoying to stay there and search manually.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Projects with subclips don't open properly in Audition

Premiere and Audition refuse to work well together with his subclips. I clean up his edit as I would with any other project, bounce it to Audition using the standard workflow and settings (r-click on sequence > Edit in Audition > Sequence

Entire Sequence

None

9.0sec handles

Transfer Settings

Transfer Settings

☑ Pan & Volume

☑ Open in Audition

The project opens up in Audition, the audio files conform, and everything looks fine. Except that every sinlge subclip is using the wrong portion of the audio. I'm sure there's a rhyme or reason to it on the backend, like Audition…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add more LUTS to the Basic Correction Pane, Input LUT drop down

I use several LUTs that don't come supplied with Premiere (from Sony, Alister Chapman, etc.). To use them I have to browse to my LUTS directory every time I go to the Lumetri panel's Input LUT dropdown. It would be nice to be able to add them to the drop down or remove some of the supplied LUTS that I never use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please, incorporate the FCPXML file to import timelines into Premiere Pro.

Hi there,

I want the feature or file support "FCPXML" to import timeline between LumaFusion and Premiere pro or FinalCut and Premiere pro.

Please, make that feature to import timelines more better.

Thanks...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. PREMIERO PRO

When I editing, work area don´t work.

We work with windows 10 pro

1 vote

We're glad you're here