Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blackmagic Ultra Monitor 3G in 2021 PP

I was recently told by your tech support that 2021 PP does not support playback through the Blackmagic Ultra Studio Monitor 3G dongle on the Mac Mini M1. However, it does work on 2020 PP with no issues. I think something got broke in 2021 PP because it doesn't even show up in the PP preference menu, even though it is installed on the computer.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow disabling productions automatic locking

I use Productions A LOT and I love it. But I'm working alone and I don't have to worry about team mates getting in my files, so I don't need it to constantly block me from saving my projects. I'd like a feature that lets me disable that feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re glad you like Productions!

We went back and forth on this point for a while: as you’ve pointed out, it might be odd for a lone user to have locking on.

We ultimately decided to force locking on, because it is so crucial when working collaboratively and it is always possible for someone to forget to turn it on, or turn it off by accident.

Perhaps you could move the ‘project locked’ column to the far right, so it’s scrolled offscreen…?

Also, based on the screenshot, the team thinks you’re running into a permissions problem on your system (or that particular volume), not with Productions.

3. A Notes Panel

Literally just a panel I can put my script in or just type notes into, that way I don't have to keep open a Word doc or Notepad window. Doesn't have to be fancy. Maybe just has the ability to adjust the font and font size. This would make a lot of people's workflow that much cleaner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Varicam LT audio issues in Premiere Pro 15.1

Varicam LT audio turns to pink noise / white noise in 15.1. Plays fine in 15.0.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Finally, Adobe Premiere Pro established a great subtitle system in 2021 new version that you should know!

Adobe Premiere Pro established a great subtitle system in 2021 new version. Called Text that will make editing subtitle very easy & quick. Thanks for Adobe teams. Have a nice day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. productions rename clip

In productions, we should be able to rename a clip in the timeline independently from the master clip, just like you can in a regular project. I honestly don't see why this feature didn't make it to productions.

I rename timeline items such as adjustment layers all the time, as well as black video on which I write the scene nr and version. Having migrated a project to productions, I now have to fix this workflow somehow (create a new item in the project for each instance... boooo)- or migrate back to a regular project.

I like working in Productions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Missing feature... Prioritizing that respects users!

In Pr 15.0 (currently in Beta), Adobe solved a 'problem' with a solution no one's been asking for: when Pr finishes exporting, a dialog box temporarily pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen (see illustration).

In a perfect world of unlimited software development resources, there wouldn't be anything wrong with this per se. However, in the real world, this new feature is a slap in the face to User Voice contributors.

Why?

Because programming resources were spent to solve a problem that never existed (where is the User Voice thread asking for an export success confirmation box?),…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Well put; your tone is just fine.

In our defense, the ‘render done’ message was actually requested by multiple users, though not on User Voice…

Regardless, we’ve heard loudly and clearly that it’s undesirable, and that (like many users) you’d like us to prioritize other highly-voted UV features.

8. Please remove "Your video was exported successfully"

"Your video was exported successfully"
    This is superfluous, an extra key stroke and super annoying. I still have to play it down and look to see if there are any issues. If there is an error - please let me know. At least give me the option to turn it off.

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Centralized Management of project settings

We need a centralized method of settings user settings and project settings for all users in the enterprise. Disk Cache, media cache and project locations are the settings we are specifically looking for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. integration with Microsoft OneDrive

I would like to have all Adobe Desktop and Cloud apps intergerate to storage provider such as Microsoft OneDrive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Let me turn off the "Success" notification

There is now "Success" notification every time I render a video and it's the most annoying feature. Please allow us to turn the notification off. I realize it can be useful, I guess. But, as for me this thing is driving me even crazier.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AUDIO PANEL stop default buy from Adobe and to add our own sound fx libraries

1. When you open the panel - it Defaults to BUY from Adobe. It should be EDIT.

2. Allow us to add our our own audio effects from our own libraries we have accumulated.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Put red in the center of Lumetri curves, not cyan. That would make it easier to adjust skin tones.

For the Lumetri Color Effect’s curves controls (Hue vs Sat, Hue vs Hue, and Hue vs Luma), cyan is in the center, while red is on the far left and right sides. This is inconvenient, because most users will probably want to adjust skin tones more than anything else, and skin tones are almost always somewhere in the reds and yellows. Therefore, I propose that red be in the center by default, while cyan is on the edges.
    NOTE: Because a horizontal scroll bar is already available, it is possible for the user to essentially do this themselves... but because…

397 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

thanks for the productive conversation and all the fantastic feedback. Also wanted to take a moment to thank those of you who took the beta out for a test drive, that’s tremendously helpful for us in making sure we’re hitting the mark with these feature improvements.

15.0 is officially available as of last week and it includes this feature update. As it is a major version update, be sure to check out the full list of what’s new before making the move.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.ug.html

Cheers,
    Patrick

14. Release Adobe Rush for Google Pixel 4 / 4XL

Adobe Pixel 4 and 4XL are flagship phones that have been out quite a while now. It is extremely frustrating to not have Adobe Rush available on them. Please make it compatible and available on Google Play for these phones.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Canon XF 705 Codec still has issues

Having consistent problems with HEVC footage recorded with the Canon XF 705. This is not related to one individual computer and has been tested on many different systems to find the same issues consistently.

Bug description:

First of all the footage is incredibly laggy, it's impossible to edit from as it just freezes up after about 1 second of playback. We've tested this on even higher spec systems and the best we can get is some semi-smooth playback at 1/4 resolution with 1080p footage. If there is a way to improve playback of this footage that would solve the problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bug scripting getFootageInterpretation -> setFootageInterpretation

This works in premiere pro 2019 and does no longer work in 2020:
    Something changed in Object FootageInterpretation?
    code:

var interp = myFootage.getFootageInterpretation();
    interp.frameRate =75;
    myFootage.setFootageInterpretation(interp);

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 14.0.1 - problem MOGRT - importMGTFromLibrary(), text doesn't refresh

Since version 14.0.1 of Premiere Pro I have a problem with MOGRT (Essential Graphics).

I use a script to import the MOGRT: function importMGTFromLibrary () and modify the content of the parameters.

Since the last version, the script still works, it imports and changes the parameters (texts, colors), but the Premiere Pro preview brings up the default parameters of the MOGRT.
    The only way to bring up the right parameters is to go to the Edit tab of the Essential Graphics window and touch up the parameters.

Opening old files created with this script poses the same problem ....

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support for Apple's new Afterburner card for ProRes acceleration.

Support for Apple's new Afterburner card please. The new Mac Pro is build for the community Adobe wants, so it would be a wise to support the Afterburner card..

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Canon XF705 HEVC-MXF 4K files have very choppy unusable playback even at 1/8 resolution

Thank you for including HEVC-MXF support in your recent update. However at 4K the files are still unusable, even at 1/8 resolution I get choppy playback (works fine at 1080) which means I can't edit. I have a 2 day old iMac Pro with upgraded memory, processors, and video cards.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base