Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shortcut to bring back top WORKSPACE menu - mine is gone and CMD + \ isn't working

I found the Workspace icon in the upper left - maybe was there before and I never noticed? But now my top bar workspace menu (and the white bar) are gone. Used to be able to bring them back with CMD + \, but that isn't working. It's much quicker for me to have them all accessible at the top like they used to be as opposed to having to click the icon. I am still on Catalina, attempting to upgrade to Monterey, so maybe that will correct it? I will add note here if it does.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Effects tab LUT selection on Export window does not work correctly.

It's been this way for years and even after the questionable export tab update it's still broken.

When selecting a LUT on the export screen, it always says "None", even when there is totally a LUT selected. Which just so happens to be the "QT Gamma Compensation" LUT...

...Which we shouldn't even have to use in the first place! The color and gamma should be correct without having to add this LUT to our exports! Why is there a "workaround" for every issue? Just please fix the issue!
    ANYWAYS...

Please, please, i'm on this forum multiple times a week. Doing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. No scrolling should be no scrolling.

When I am in no scrolling mode, and the cursor moves out of the timeline area I am viewing - when i stop playback or click on the timeline, it changes the viewing area to the current cursor point. when I'm zoomed in on a point - it keeps throwing me out of the zone.
    there used to be no issue here. only in one of the latest updates this became a problem.
    thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. why am i losing 5% of my program to a moving top bar for home/import/editexport. please don't turn this into FCP X, you're starting to shift

why am i losing 5% of my program to a moving top bar for home/import/editexport. please don't turn this into FCP X, you're starting to shift

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Longer Starting Mask Hadles

The ability to control the mask points are unintuative. The handles that are generated are tiny when they appear at first and someone could create them without knowing when holding the click for too long while their mouse moves. Seeing handles that are further away from the mask point would help a lot in terms of knowing what is created with a single click and also what can be adjusted later when the mask is closed. They are only needed when changing the angle while it is mostly only needed when doing fine adjustments. Most users only need the points…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new update changing the export interface is not good at all.

Why would you change something that was working perfectly fine and make it horrible? You have to type in every filename manually now.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Go back to normal UI like before. Nobody needs that crowded slow user interface, where the programm decides how to go on not the user!!!!!!!

JUST GO BACK TO WHERE IT WAS instead of implementing terrible low workflows that mix up any approved workflow disenfranchiseing the user! IT´s like the first digital cameras came out and any programmer thougt users are idiots that needs to be guided throug whatever they might do!

If you need something to work on - just adapt the user behavior from AE and make shure shortcuts in AE und PR are alle the same!!!! That would be a great job!!!!!!!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The glaring issues with the Export Panel

The need Export panel is a massive PITA . Here's a just a FEW of the reasons why. There are many more .... but let's start here -

This is really BASIC UI/UX stuff. The flow of the new UI is utterly baffling. The old UI hand ALL the settings one side. The SAME side as the export button. So it flowed from the top the bottom.The new UI starts on the upper left and moves across then down then across again. Coupled with the fact the window is not resizeable or moveable make this design decision utterly baffling.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make the Project Window part of "Save Changes to Existing workspace". Because it is not currently.

I like the Project window in the top left corner. I made a custom workspace set up that way and saved it, but every time I create a new project and select my custom workspace, the Project window is the only window that doesn't show up where I intend it to. It's always back in the bottom Left corner. PLEASE make the Project window location customizable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The frame count while rendering previews is inaccurate

This has been an issue for as long as I've used Premiere, so several years at least.

When rendering previews, Premiere describes the progress as "rendering frame _ of _". This progress is completely inaccurate. It appears what premiere is doing is assuming every preview it's rendering is the same number of frames. So if I have 100 previews, and it completes 99 of them, the frame number reported here will ALWAYS be 99% of the total number of frames.

This is obviously a major problem when the previews have significantly different lengths. For example, I have a long movie,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Search free adobe stock content in Premiere

Currently the Adobe Stock library does not have a filter to show only free content. There seems to be one in the graphics panel (a tick box), but not for the search in libraries.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. basic text animation capability directly inside premier !

Please add some basic text animation capability directly inside premier pro. Its really annoying to depend on after effects to do the simple job ! Its taking tooooooooooo much time ! I normally making custom MOGRTS to do text animations , this method sucks ! ITS GTX 1060 6GB 48 Gig RAM ! even hitfilm or resolve does this better ! Even mobile editors are doing better ! I m not asking to make the dynamic link better , Please make the capability to animate text inside premier pro itself like blur in by character fade in by character etc…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New export screen is clunky, cluttered and slower to use.

The new export screen is very badly designed. It takes me twice as long to use. It's clunky, requires scrolling and won't let me go into a directory and select a file I want to overwrite. I have to manually type the file name.

The old interface was dated and yes it needed updating but the new interface seems to have been designed by people who don't use this software everyday. Please streamline it! And please make it so I can go into a directory, click on a file and then be able to overwrite that file!

Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The new Export Window needs to go ASAP

I have previous posted a bland post about this but I have taken the time to layout just a FEW of the issues with the new Export UI and why is it simply terrible and needs to be removed.

Pease refer to the image supplied. I cannot over state what a terrible experience using the new Export window is on so many levels. It is one of the worst design updates in the history of Adobe.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change the Window Title back to showing project path

The new update to Premiere has simplified the main window title to only show the project file name. It used to show the full path of the currently opened project file. Not sure why this was changed, but it'd be great to go back to the old way, the way After Effects still presents this.

Also, bin the new project creation panel/media export panels while you're at it. Nobody asked for this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Go back to previous interface

I hate new interface changes. It feels like Final Cut Pro X all over again - trying to simplify interface for kids and grandmas. Creating new project was pain. It took me about 10 minutes. Slow and unintuitive. Exporting new files is also much worse. I would like to have option to turn everything back to normal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Timeline plays back wrong file after adjusting scaling and position

PLEASE STOP BREAKING PREMIERE BY ADDING FEATURES.

All I want is to be able to edit without issues, and play back the timeline at double speed. You keep changing the interface and adding features, please for the love of humanity just make Premiere stable.

I just updated to the latest version, and not only have you NOT fixed the timeline playback issue where playing at high speed causes the timeline to freeze all video and keep playing audio, you've now added a new wrinkle.

If I adjust the scale and position of a clip in the timeline, then go to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 22.3.1 (Build 2) not looking at LUTs folder

LUTs are supposed to be read from %AppData%\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Creative
    They were before the update, they no longer are looked at.

It's also pretty dumb that you can't change the location. I don't see any reason it shouldn't be your creative cloud folder so you could share them more easily with your team. ALSO, why in the World does AE, AME, and Premiere have different LUTs folders when they include the same LUTs? I don't even want 2/3 of them, but since you people put them in the program folder I can't change them due to permissions. Of course, that would be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give us the ability to move the new Import and Export UI to a 2nd monitor

Given that the new UI takes over the entire screen, it makes more sense to dedicate one monitor for this new I/O concept, and allow my existing workspace to co-exist separately (in my case, a 2nd UHD monitor).

This would give me back the ability to see the timeline I'm exporting (which - believe it or not - assures the editor he or she is actually exporting the correct timeline).

More importantly, it prevents this new I/O window from getting in the way of the editor, and negates the need for header bar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 87 88
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base