Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hello Can we have color labels on different time lines, please?

Hello i would like to be able to decide to give color labels to the name of the time lines to spot them quickly.... like when i have different versions of the same video.. thank you,

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep a consistent name for the apps. It is impossible to discern what app you are removing updating in the creative cloud app

The creative cloud app list the actual version number and not the app name, ie v12.5 vs CC 2019

For studios who have to keep a lot of versions running for production reasons, it is really hard to have to update one version to be able to interact with a specific version of AE or media encoder.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Click and drag up/down tracks to toggle

Clicking a bunch of layer toggles just to show/hear the ones you want could be a lot quicker if you could just click on one and drag vertically up/down to quickly toggle multiple at once (like in finder on Mac how you can select a group of files simply by clicking and dragging the amount of files you want to select). Shift clicking one already toggles all but having this flexibility would be nice to have.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. shortcuts

Shortcuts "Display" pls

Hey can we be consistent?

Why some of the shortcuts I entered on the keyboard are displayed and other shortcuts don't show up ?

Reveal Sequence in Project (very important)
    Why am I not allowed to see the shortcut?

Export Media via the file export menu is labeled as cmd M
    But in the second mouse menu the shortcut disappears, why?

I am leaning the shortcuts while editing (do you to?) but if I
    have to enter every time the keyboard shortcuts menu it is a step more.

What do you think?
    Are you also curious what…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Label

Hey,

wenn you select the labels from the popup menu in the timeline or in the bin you don't see the color only the name or altert name of the label. , I am very color sensitive and it would be great if we could see the color together with the text.
    So all the people that memorise contextual and the rest that memorises by color or form have a better choice on what they are actually doing.

I find myself switching colours because text and color are not connected.

Its also much more intuitive for all the editors that…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Operations that create numbered files should use leading zeroes.

When creating files (example: Edit in Adobe Audition), Premiere should include leading zeroes in the number portion of the filenames.

This will make the files sort correctly in Finder, Explorer, and other apps like Adobe Audition (see screenshot).

Using leading zeroes when numbering files is standard operating procedure in my studio and probably many others because it promotes good organization—it'd be great if the software helped us with that too! Thanks!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. password protected projectiles and media - security encryption

For security reasons it is important that the project files and all media in the project can be password protected and give permission to dedicated adobe accounts/users.

For best interface it would be great to sett automatic password protection of actual media files imported using premiere pro. Encryption of the project file and media would also be very useful and I think in the future crucial.

Hope to see this very soon, security of information is important!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make the default Proxy settings user-friendly.

When you right click a clip and create proxies, Premiere should be smart enough to recommend a good proxy codec and resolution every time, by default. The current default is 1024x540 H.264 proxies which makes zero sense. The average user is working with 16x9 footage which means that their proxies will be stretched after encoding unless they catch it.

A better default would be 1280x720 Prores Proxy clips, but it would be even better if Premiere was smart enough to dynamically change resolutions to match the footage.

This seems pretty simple technically speaking, it's amazing to me that the software…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. CTI Control

Please allow us the option to toggle on and off selecting and or manipulating instances on the timeline allowing the CTI to jump wherever the user clicks anywhere in the timeline.
    That way users can remain in the timeline on any layer without having to grab and drag the CTI from above. This feature would be akin to turning on and off Avid’s Smart Tool option.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to switch off Compatibility Report within the software

PP2020 and now previous versions reporting my Intel HD Graphics 4600 is now not supported. As I'm unable to update it, advising it does not meet minimum requirements. I am using a Nvidia Cuda graphics card anyway. Just would like a simple facility to stop this report running everytime I launch PP. Very Annoying

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Drag timeline like in Audition AND with hand tool like in After Effects

It would be great if one could use the hand tool in Premiere Pro to drag the timeline, the same way one can in After Effects, but it would be even better if one could additionally drag the timeline like in Audition, where one only needs to hover the mouse over the timeline at the top, to drag the whole scene/track.

Ideally all three programs would have the same way of dragging the timeline instead of it being different/not possible in one or another.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can a RGB Info window be added? Like the other Adobe products?

Can a RGB Info window with RGB values in whatever bit depth be added? I miss this from my experience with AE Motion GFX.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improve timeline waveforms to better show detail of audio content

Avid has two features that make it easier to edit audio ‘visually’
    a. The waveforms can be scaled vertically within the height of the timeline clip. Thus very quiet sections can be expanded. (PP uses linear or logarithmic scaling between ♾ and 0dBFS. Broadcast audio generally -25 to -10 so restricted to about 15% of track height)

b. The timeline waveforms in Avid are better defined, to my eye. They default to black on light grey too. For the exact same zoom I can better see where the beats are, where individual words, clicks & breaths are.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. can you

I whant trial version for 1 project not 7 days

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Custom Workspace Never Properly Saves

No matter how many times I click "save changes to this workspace" or "save as new workspace" it doesn't save.

Every time I open Premiere and start a new project the "Project" window or "Media Browser" window is in the wrong place.

The first image (example 1) is the incorrect layout that appears when I open Premiere. The second image (example 2) is the correct workspace.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Strange performance issues

Dear sir or madam,
    First of all - my spec are:
    CPU: Intel Core i9 7980XE (Overclock 3,4Ghz)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
    RAM: DDR4 128Gb
    System SSD: NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Pro 1TB
    Data SSD: Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB
    Cache SSD: WDC WDS500G1B0C-00S6U0

I am having some performace / stability issues.

1) Mask tracking is horribly slow compared to DaVinci Resolve
    2) Old projects (like two months old that haven't been touched) are after reopening buggy. When I start playback and then I wanna stop it, nothing happens. It keeps playbacking and after 15-30 seconds it stops. (FullHD…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BUG panel titration

Hello,
    Whenever I create a title in premiere pro. I have to resize the titration panel. This one does not keep the position which I wish. Bug or is there a solution? thank you

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bring back support for multiple project windows

To be clear, this is all about working in a SINGLE project file.

1. Add a command in Window > Projects: New Project Window

2. "Go Back" command ("Up one level") will no longer go back all the way to a project's root level. Bring back this capability.

Since Premiere's UI has been about dockable pane workspace for ages, I don't just open new bins willy-nilly all over the screen (like the Avid way, until recently). I keep several windows/tabs docked and enjoy access to multiple bins as well as an organized workspace. Well, not anymore.

It's always been possible to have…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add support for Sidecar macOS Catalina

As Apple introduce the new sidecar feature with macOS Catalina, they already add support for their editing software Final Cut Pro X.

The way they handle it is just as good as they sell it, just another screen with touch capability with Apple Pencil with the help of an iPad.

I think this feature can be great to be integrated like they did on FCPX, the ability to use sidecar as a playback viewer or even more. In the case of Premiere Pro, I think being able to get one panel into sidecar could be huge. Let's take an example…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make it easier to move in's and out's in source panel

Don't know why i find it so hard to click on the centre (or in/out point for that matter) of the in out selection in the source panel, always end up moving the play head instead

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 46 47
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base