Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG REPORT: Premiere crashes when audio properties show odd name

I've run into an issue where Premiere crashes when you play the timeline and there's a clip whose audio properties (under the effects tab) show the odd names of
    Volume In: , | Out:, and the same thing under Channel Volume. Underscores and all, that's exactly what it looks like.

Some clips have this, some don't. The clips in question are multicam. This does not appear in the old backups I did of those sequences. The only fix I've found is to create a new project, drag the project file into the bin window and select import selected sequence.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add auto-save prior to export

I see lots of great thought for auto-save. Please consider if nothing else add an auto-save when the user hits export in case the file browser crashes premiere, or premiere crashes on export for other reasons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug report: scroll bar and time ruler in source/program window

Now and then, without any clear trigger, the time ruler in the preview- and program window dissapears and the scroll bar moves down, hiding some of the buttons. It makes it impossible to edit without those functions. The only way to resolve this problem is restarting the software. System is Windows 10. I've noticed this issue since the last
    2 or 3 versions of Premiere (before that I used Premiere on a Mac)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Smoother timeline on Higher resolution monitors.

I've noticed over the years that I've had a very stuttery timeline when i'm jogging through it. It's never been buttery smooth even when i've gotten new computers. I noticed this the moment I got a 5k iMac in 2017.
    I was wondering if this was intentional or if maybe this could be an optimization in the future.
    Just the ability to have a timeline that scrolls at 60fps and above. It would be way nicer on our eyes.
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bug report Lumetri Color HSL Secondary

when using the color picker in 15.4.1 app will freeze.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I have found two annoying bugs recently. How do I report those?

I often see no video upon first establishing a new sequence by dragging a valid video file onto the timeline. Resolved only after saving, work, exiting Premier Pro, then re-launching. There is also a problem I've found when running Logitech Options (my mouse program) when launching Premier Pro - happy to explain. I have a powerful Dell i7 machine not running other software so don't think it's the computer. Is there anyone at Adobe who monitors these notes and chases bugs? Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, we monitor User Voice.

As for ‘chasing’ bugs: if you can provide files, and step-by-step instructions on how to generate the issue, we’d be happy to pursue the issue further.

Regarding “often see no video upon first establishing a new sequence by dragging a valid video file onto the timeline”; I can’ reproduce that behavior. Does the same behavior happen with every media type? Does the same behavior happen if you turn off GPU acceleration?

Specifically, what problem(s) have you seen while running LogiOptions? [They’re partners of ours; we helped them build their PPro integration.]

7. GPU support randomly disappears

GPU acceleration randomly disappears since updating to Premiere Pro 15 (now on 15.4.1) from 14.9. When switching to another Premiere Project GPU Acceleration sometimes is not available anymore and grayed out. Restart of Premiere makes no effect. Only restarting of the PC helps but cannot be the solution. With 14.9. everything was ok - never had a problem. NVidia Driver is updated. Adobe Suite completely uninstalled an reinstalled.

Unsing Windows 10 with the latest Update. Nvidia 1080Ti

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. GPU acceleration missing

GPU acceleration randomly disappears since updating to Premiere Pro 15 (now on 15.4.1) from 14.9. When switching to another Premiere Project GPU Acceleration sometimes is not available anymore and grayed out. Restart of Premiere makes no effect. Only restarting of the PC helps but cannot be the solution. With 14.9. everything was ok - never had a problem. NVidia Driver is updated. Adobe Suite completely uninstalled an reinstalled.

Unsing Windows 10 with the latest Update. Nvidia 1080Ti

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Display Color Management PrPro 15.4

Hello everyone. Tell me, who has encountered the setup of Display Color Management in Pro? Who has problems choosing the right color. How do I need to configure the pipette to work properly? If there are any professional tips?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BUG: Interface in the TEXT panel when editing captions is extremely slow and laggy

When editing captions with the new captions interface, the interface becomes extremely slow to react. Selecting a caption to edit it in the Text panel can take several seconds just to register being selected, than, the caption text is selected, then deselects and then re-selects before being able to type. During the lag, keystrokes revert to keyboard shortcuts causing unwanted edits or changes on the timeline. Quite often, changes that are typed do not register and the caption reverts to the uncorrected text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scrolling through media browser starts eating memory and crashes shortly

Scrolling through media browser starts eating memory and crashes shortly. I can reproduced this 4-5 times and also took a video of it. https://youtu.be/oKX-4ZFoTR8

Version: 15.4
    Step by step: Open a drive in media browser (mine had lots of big files in root folder) and start scrolling until crash.
    Hardware, Ryzen 5900X, Nvidia RTX 2070, scrolled files on a USB 3 drive

I do not have logs, but I did send this also via crash report tool, as sometimes it completely crashes and sometimes it gives the crash report option. I can try things out…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The Pro release is excellent 15.4, but not the full Voice-text

Thank you so much for the 15.4 update
    I am very glad that the developers were able to hear me and those users of the Premier product, for correcting the current errors and shortcomings. It was about sockets and their associated responsiveness in the effects control panels. In addition, I felt some improved speed and stability when dynamically linking projects with After Effects. Now it works much faster and more smoothly. The main thing is not to break it in the next releases.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New Transcription feature w/ Metadata - Not Working with Multicam Sequences

Since interview are mostly multicams. and a critical type of sequence for the transcriptiuons meta data search feature to work on properly. the use of the meta data to search something the editor recolects being said - type it into the text field and have it jump to that spot in the time line is brilliant. But it does not ye work properly where it is perhaps needed most : In Multicam interview sequences. Usining markers and generating them ect. takes a lot of time - this feature is awesome - I had to delete all from my project for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. **NOT FIXED IN 15.4**Premiere Pro IS UNUSABLE - Trim Tool Flickers/Flashes + Choppy playback

I was let known that this bug would be fixed in version 15.4 but it wasn't.

I've been having a huge issue ever since updating to Premiere 2021
    3 Months Ago..

On my timeline when I extend a video clip by dragging the ends with the selection tool, the preview screen flashes on every frame. It looks like it is flashing back and forth between where the playhead is and the frames I am extending.

Here is a screen recording of that happening in the current version 15.4: https://youtu.be/ImB9KaMOE4k

Every time I make any change or adjustment to any clip,…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Crashes when Fast Forward / Reverse h.264 in PP2021 latest

PP2021 crashes when I fast forward and reverse through h264 clips. New installation. Latest Windows 10. Nvidia 2080ti studio driver 471.11. Does not do this on PP2020.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PREMIERE PRO IS UNUSABLE - Trim Tool Flickers/Flashes + Choppy playback

FOURTH TIME POSTING THIS. IT'S BEEN 3 MONTHS. PLEASE, AT LEAST GIVE A RESPONSE.

The community Board I started for this issue 3 months ago has many other people suffering this same problem!

And no the solution is NOT to downgrade to an earlier version. I have already started project files in v15 that I will not be able to access in v14 of premiere.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-2021-15-trim-tool-flickers-flashes-aspect-ratio-changes-when-manipulating-clips/m-p/12136603#M354039

I've been having a huge issue ever since updating to Premiere 2021.

On my timeline when I extend a video clip by dragging the ends with the selection tool, the preview screen flashes on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug Report: Activation

I have to sign out of a device to activate the same device. Once I sign out of this computer I can activate this computer. The only hardware change was to add another storage drive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bug Report: Activation

I have to sign out of a device to activate the same device. Once I sign out of this computer I can activate this computer. The only hardware change was to add another storage drive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 15.2 BSOD with "Driver verifier DMA violation"

15.2 running on MSi laptop w/ win 10 pro, 32GB RAM, RTX2060 crashes w/ BSOD when rendering after any edits. Event log entry is a bugcheck "Driver verifier DMA violation", code 0x000000e6. Driver verifier is not turned on, OS is current on patches, Nvidia driver is 471.11.
    15.1 is stable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base