Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. productions

Premiere Productions should have a nested sequence/project feature. Many people who are coming from long form into the new Productions workspace use nested sequences for each of their scenes. You should allow a master sequence within one project to contain nested references to sequences in other projects. These would be read-only unless you double click them to open up the original sequence/project.

As it is, Productions is cumbersome for keeping a master sequence of the entire show synced when you split your scenes into their own projects.

You should also allow the user to save a "Productions Workspace" which will…

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re considering the nesting request, tracking that work as DVAPR-4223845.

We hadn’t heard the ‘cumbersome’ comment, but the feature film teams with which Productions was developed weren’t using nested sequences.

For the “Productions Workspace”: I think you can get that behavior today, were you to change Prefs —> General —> At Startup to “open most recent”, and then save a workspace containing your Production and desired one projects.

2. Allow "Save As..." for projects in a production.

When working in a "Production", using "Save As..." to create a new version of the project causes the following event:

"Duplicate IDs. This production contains projects with duplicate IDs, which will interfere with tracking media across projects. Please remove these duplicated projects..." etc.

Why doesn't the new version of the project have it's own unique ID?

To avoid this issue, you must save the new version outside of the production folder, and then add it back into the production using "Add Project To Production...", so that the copy that is created has it's own unique ID. This is an overly…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Feature request: Project colors/tags in a adobe production

Hi!

While working with adobe productions we found it would be handy (on mac) to give projects (multiple) colors like the tags on finder level.
    This way you can show if edited items are ready, busy etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Metadata Display and search functions in Productions

Just like in regular Projects, the Productions main window MUST support better search functions. We need to be able to add descriptions, comments or tags on the many folders (or even the unique Projects inside Productions main window).

Working on massive documentaries or long-format projects, the search function is crucial - and being able to navigate, search and find things FROM THE PRODUCTIONS WINDOW - which will then point you to the project where the information you're searching is located - is absolutely necessary.

Think of a documentary. You've done a lot of logging, notes, comments and tags on clips.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Detection of inconsistencies in proxies and subsequent DELETION of footage

The latest update, as of July 1 2020, keeps randomly deleting huge chunks of footage within sequences that I have already edited and rendered. I render, continue to edit other clips, and then I suddenly come back to find huge gaps of footage that have disappeared. The program keeps telling me they've detected inconsistencies in my proxies and so the program DELETES huge chunks of already edited footage, yet these inconsistencies seem to be extremely sporadic and don't arise when I immediately import it, only after I have spent a significant amount of time already editing. This has happened multiple…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Don't open all sequences when refreshing Productions projects

Currently, when I refresh a productions project, it opens every single timeline that was open when it was saved. That means, if an AE is working in the project and saves it, and I refresh it, I get inundated with every single sequence they had open. It's a minor annoyance but seems like a no brainer that if someone is refreshing they just want the updated project, not the open sequences.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am very disappointed with the output of my video. PPro did not save the entire video

I spent many hours on my project, saved it in various formats to insure that at least ONE would work (WMF, mp4, QuickTime, etc.) After trying both the Export option AND the Queue option for rendering, I closed the file and searched for the final output. To my disappointment, the mp4 did not render at all, the WMF rendered in a small screen, and did not capture the entire production (not all frames) in the final product and I don't see a Qtime format anywhere on my computer. THEN, I reopened the project and the first 1/2 of the frames…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I am very disappointed with the output of my video. PPro did not save the entire video

I spent many hours on my project, saved it in various formats to insure that at least ONE would work (WMF, mp4, QuickTime, etc.) After trying both the Export option AND the Queue option for rendering, I closed the file and searched for the final output. To my disappointment, the mp4 did not render at all, the WMF rendered in a small screen, and did not capture the entire production (not all frames) in the final product and I don't see a Qtime format anywhere on my computer. THEN, I reopened the project and the first 1/2 of the frames…

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Collaboration Upgrade: Sequence Locking (not just project locking)

So I was anticipating Productions would help my team of 5+ editors improve our collaborative workflow, but it actually complicated things immensely, and I realized what our team would most benefit from: in-project sequence locking. Ideally, all editors would be able to enter the same project at the same time, while working on separate sequences. Resolve already has this method of collaboration, but I'm loathe to switch my whole team over a system that doesn't have high output editing at the forefront of their product design (we use Davinci for select grading projects, but that's about it)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Detach proxies, not just switch off.

Sometimes one doesn't merely want to switch off the proxies, but actually destroy the relationship between the clips in premiere and those proxy files.

If you simply move or delete those files, Premiere freaks out about it and tells you it can't find them every time you open a project. There's no way to tell it not to expect them even after clicking 'offline all' for a given session.

Also, the proxies REALLY mess up the project manager so until that can be fixed, one way around that would be remove their existence from a project altogether so the project…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Project manager behaves very badly when a project has proxies

If you have proxy files in a project and attempt to use the project manager and the transcode and consolidate function a lot of bizarre and unexpected behaviour occurs.

I recently found I could improve the results by making a project including only the sequence I intended to transcode and consolidate and nothing else, because despite being able to choose such an option in the project manager, it will ignore that choice and transcode every single clip in the project instead, hence having to make a project where there are no other clips than those in the sequence.

This almost…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Project manager behaves very badly when a project has proxies

If you have proxy files in a project and attempt to use the project manager and the transcode and consolidate function a lot of bizarre and unexpected behaviour occurs.

I recently found I could improve the results by making a project including only the sequence I intended to transcode and consolidate and nothing else, because despite being able to choose such an option in the project manager, it will ignore that choice and transcode every single clip in the project instead, hence having to make a project where there are no other clips than those in the sequence.

This almost…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Menu options greyed out after XML export

After exporting XML in Premiere 2020 most menu options are greyed out. Under the File menu, things like Link Media, Export, Make Offline, Save, Save As, etc are all greyed out and unusable.

Please address this bug in the next update. Please thoughtfully check your software inside and out before posting an update. This is one of many bugs in the latest version of Premiere. I'm not sure why I'm paying for this and still using this software at this point. Check your work.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy any clips from outside project folder into project folder

Sometimes I accidentally (or on purpose if I'm rushed to finish an edit) import footage from outside my project folder, or from another drive entirely. It'd be great to have a feature where you can designate your project's footage folder and have a command to copy those clips into that folder.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. option click opens/closes all folders in Productions panel

In the project panel, holding option and clicking an arrow next to a bin will open or close all bins in the project. It would be great if the same option worked on all folders in the Productions panel. I just started using the Productions feature for organizing a feature doc and I find it very useful to have all the folders open so I can easily see which projects are open. It would be really helpful to be able to quickly open or close all folders the same way I would with bins in the project panel.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Video Usage doesn't work in Productions

If you a Production with two Projects
    1. Contains all your footage
    2. Contains your sequences where you are using the footage

In this scenario, the video usage metadata column for the footage project says the footages hasn't been used in any sequences. Obviously, it is unable to look across Projects in a Production. It's another oversight which makes Productions harder to use.

Will this get fixed in the future or is this another Productions issue we have to work around?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. IMPLEMENT: organizing sequences and nest in selected folders

Please, insert a option that any new SEQUENCE or any new NEST SEQUENCE can go to a folder selected by the user. This will help to organize.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automatically sorting in Freeform view

Need to sort in Freeform view by capture time, etc. Wasting too much time organizing manually from scratch.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. store rendering again

AP doesn't store previews any more. After rendering the entire work area, the next time I have to start rendering again. Please solve this problem.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base