Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

434 results found

1. Team Projects with after effects

I'd like to convert a Premiere Pro project into a team project without loosing all after effects compositions. Currently, the feature is unusable for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. using the arrow keys when "saving as" closes the saving window not letting you save

When you press "Save As..." and try using the arrow keys, the saving window immediately closes, not letting you save.
    I usually use the arrow keys to navigate on the naming field; Up to move the beginning of the name, or Down to move to the end, or Left and Right to move into a position between the name where I would like to write or delete something.
    I also use arrows to navigate the specific finder location/folder where I want to save.
    Now, the only way I can do anything on the "Save As..." window is to use the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Record active time working

Add a function that records the actual time spent working on a project. This would make it so much easier when billing clients. Myself and colleagues have requested this before, it would make billing clients easier and more accurate.
    Often when working on a project I need to answer an email, use the internet or take a phone call so it’s impossible to know how long I have spent actually editing. I have tried 3rd party programs but they are only specific to the program, not the project which is an issue if I have to stop working on one…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Reveal in project shortcuts not working

Hi,

Before Premiere Pro 2023 I always used a shortcut (alt+R) for 'reveal in project'. No matter what kind of shortcut I'm inputting, none of them work anymore. Annoying because I use this feature a lot. Rest of the shortcuts are working.

Could this be fixed please?

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Productions: Move bins to another project by dragging to project in production window

Like Avid can drag items from one bin to another via the project window, so Premiere should be able to drag bins/folders from one project to another via the Productions window (with alt+drag being to copy instances).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have new project dialogue remember what my bin default name is

Currently, the new project screen (which needs lots of work for usability and function... who tests these things!?) if I name my default footage bin to "Footage" I expect it to say "Footage" the next time I start a new product, not the default "Bin".

Also, happy to be on a beta test before things like this get developed b/c oh lordy do you need more real world users looking at this before you go public.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Premiere Duplicate Sequence with Version Number Up Natively Not Copy 01

Sequence duplication doesn't use the next version number like After Effects. Instead you can't use Ctrl + D to duplicate a sequence and it always adds Copy 01 instead of the next version number. V01 would become V02 instead of V01 Copy 01. Please help dear baby Jesus!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide option to use XMP sidecar files rather than embedded metadata.

This has been requested many times.

I still don't understand the reasoning behind a forced destructive edit on my footage files just to store a simple piece of information such as camera label for timecode sync.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Remove Source Files Not Used in Sequence/Project

We need an efficient way to manage a project without having to use project manager and take up more drive space. It is common to have a lot of unused source files in project bins. It would be nice to have a feature that would select all the files that are "used" so that they could be placed in a "used" bin, or a "not used" feature that removes all the unused files for the selected sequence. Cleans things up and streamlines the project; reduced peak file generation, load time, drive space, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Assign Label names to projects and not to System

As an editor, i like to assign label names related to the material I'm working with. I think label names should be embed into projects and not be considered as a permanent/general setting for my editing system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the close project option, offer a drop down that specifies which project to close

When having multiple projects open it can be confusing as to which project is active when trying to close the project out. If there was a submenu under file > close projects with the open projects where one could select the project to close it would make things much easier

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Your new features SUCK

Your new "features" for starting a new project... sucks. It's a pain *******. Just let us start a new project directly like we used to. It's a pain ******* not being aple to just immediately open a new project, but instead get this stupid "select media" page. I hate it.

I also hate the new export page which doesn't allow me to easily pick my pre-sets. Media Encoder still allows it, so now I HAVE to export it to Media Encoder and then change to my pre-set. This stuff SUCKS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New project file selection is broken

When starting a new project, it's a nice idea to start with asset files, but the file selection screen doesn't work well. There is no 'refresh' to force an updated look in a folder without leaving and re-entering the folder - this is often needed when assets have just downloaded while setting up a project. I've also just encountered every file in a folder being selected, with no easy way I can see to unselect them all and tick only the files needed. This is basic UI stuff which breaks an otherwise useful feature. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please allow us to make LIST VIEW the default

Please allow us the option to make LIST VIEW the default when looking at our files, bins, etc. It's so frustrating and I have noticed when googling the issue that many other users feel the same. I have to manually switch to them every time. I've been hoping for years that this would change in the next update, but it never does.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Move Metadata settings to preference menu.

I have to reset my metadata settings each time I create a project. Sure they are saved under "Nick". Why does it load custom settings? I have had to do this step for more than 10 years now. Move meta data setting to the preferences menu please. It is not like metadata preferences change project to project. Also save project location. Why does adobe not know where I keep my projects?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow for importing empty folders

This fall between some categories, but please allow for folderstructure remain intact when importing folder structur even ewhen it only contains 1 file or is just empty, at least the option to turn it on/off

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Deleting source clips in project - improvement

Deleting source clips in project should have option to 'make offline' if present in sequence (I.e. delete unreferenced, make referenced offline) .

Generally don't want to alter + leave gaps in sequences even when deleting the source clips.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Generate source clips for media - improvement

Generate source clips for media - should have option to collect them in a folder with an extra option to retain enclosing folders. Currently they are dumped loose at project root, even if sequence is in a folder prior to 'generating source clips'

Ideally there would be options to sort into folders by metadata - e.g. FPS (so all the 29.97 are in one folder, 25 in another etc) or by source filepath (so it follows a Media/Rushes/YYYYMMDD/Cam1/Card1 structure)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. FIX LATEST UPDATE !! My project files will not open anymore.

After todays update in premiere pro it would not open my project files, after 8 hours out filming 5hours of editing what i dont needed was this !!

I did a cache delete, i did a restart of the computer and still not any project will open anymore...

What is going on ?? Anyone else got this problem ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sequence Version History

To my knowledge, the only way of 'versioning' an individual sequence within a Premiere Pro project at present is to duplicate it and work with the duplicate. Now, with many deliverables on client projects for social media with different ratios etc, you can end up with many sequences, and managing versioning as well as the separate sequences themselves can become pretty cumbersome. Yes, its always a good idea to save copy iterations of the entire project as you work, but it would be really neat to be able to be able to save out versions within the same sequence. Perhaps…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?