Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change the overall Black layout to white

Overall black background to white

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I can't create proxy through premiere CC 2022 and 2021

I can't create proxy through premiereI'm having problems with creating a proxy. Every time I try to transfer footage to Adobe Encoder Premiere just shuts down by itself.
    I tried with version 2021 and the same thing happens.

the most annoying are when I create manually through the encoder and when I'm synchronizing in premiere, it doesn't identify the proxy.

I've used several formats and nothing resolved.
    I have the Z-cam with MOV HEVC, Black magic with Braw, Canon C70 with mp4.

the problem happened after I installed Mac OS Monterey and updating Adobe Premiere

iMac Pro (2017)
    2.3 GHz…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I can't create proxy through premiere CC 2022 and 2021

I can't create proxy through premiereI'm having problems with creating a proxy. Every time I try to transfer footage to Adobe Encoder Premiere just shuts down by itself.
    I tried with version 2021 and the same thing happens.

the most annoying are when I create manually through the encoder and when I'm synchronizing in premiere, it doesn't identify the proxy.

I've used several formats and nothing resolved.
    I have the Z-cam with MOV HEVC, Black magic with Braw, Canon C70 with mp4.

the problem happened after I installed Mac OS Monterey and updating Adobe Premiere

iMac Pro (2017)
    2.3 GHz…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remember my FULL SCREEN preference

First off... LOVE that I can go into proper FULL SCREEN mode on a Mac now.

I would LOVE if Premiere remembered the last state I was in (full screen or NOT full screen) and simply launched in that state the next time I launched the app.

I find it very annoying that I constantly need to click the green button where I KNOW I want to be in full screen mode every single time.

This could either be a preference check box or just a default function.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ingest settings won't import

I created new ingest settings in Media Encoder and exported them to a folder. However, when I try to import the ingest settings in Premiere, it will act like the setting has been imported, but then the setting won't appear in the dropdown menu. If I try to import the same file, it'll ask if I want to overwrite the file. But, again, it won't appear in the dropdown menu. I can even see the files in my Documents>Adobe>Premiere Pro>User>Settings>Presets>Ingest Presets folder, but that's useless if I can't use it in Premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. keyboard shortcuts

In keyboard shortcuts, REMAP existing Command + D shortcut to "duplicate", as it is in After Effects and other Adobe programs.

Shift + Command + D does essentially the same thing as Command + D.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Where is transcode option on new project pannel ?

in the new version the option to configure transcode has disapear...
    Why ??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Offer a 'Show None' option for At Startup in Premiere Pro Preferences / General

Offer a 'Show None' option for At Startup in Premiere Pro Preferences / General. I work in other apps not just PP and navigating from one to the other should be seamless. but it's not because PP keeps throwing up the 'Show Home' screen every time I finish and close down a PP project. Like, when I'm done with PP, but on closing the project, it screams back at me WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO NEXT IN PP! When I close the PP project, PP must go away - I need to move onto the next thing but I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Project-Window sorting order defaults to "frame-rate"

After reinstalling Premiere, the issue disappears and files get sorted by name. But after a week or so, the issue reappears and it defaults to sorting by frame-rate.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Application/Program Workspace Color

Why is Premiere Pro (and other Adobe products) limited to this horrible Black/Gray workspace? Some of us, especially as we get older, need a brighter background. This dark workspace is virtually unusable and there is no way to change the color. The brightness slider actually makes it worse.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make UI user friendly

Why the premiere Pro so Dark and unfriendly. I am an animator and I use premiere pro ad after effect A LOT, almost every day.. Then I stopped using them to raise my family. Now I am back working on them but to my surprise it is very hard to use. Grey text on dark grey.. Impossible to read. I want more clarity.. I want more options to the UI.. If Photoshop can do that, why can't Premiere Pro have that ? I miss my old softwares.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Temporary Hand Tool Command + improvements + MMB Click Enabled

I've seen a few ideas for temporary enabling H or the Spacebar as well as more navigation in all of the panels. This is sort of a combination request of those - I think the best thing would be to leave the tool editable in the shortcuts with the temporary setting. In AE and AI you can just click in the middle mouse button and temporary enable the hand tool for navigating all of the panels vertically/horizontally, which is my preference and would keep things more consistent between your programs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Slide by default option

There should be a preference to enable the slide feature by default when you grab a clip in the timeline using the mouse that has a clip on either side of it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Preference Option to Disable New Import Window

Please create a Preference option to disable the new import window. The import window is rather clunky and the old method served my needs much better (for example you have a dedicated import window but you can only create one bin for the import?).

Or at least create a preference option to allow New Projects to be created in the Edit window/workspace instead of automatically jumping to the Import window/workspace.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To be able to hide factory preset effect bins

I've ask this before to delete these bins, how about letting us be able to hide these bins.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. problem with system permissions when editing media on external drive in premiere pro 22.3.0

I have all my assets on an external drive and after updating to the new version of premiere 22.3.0, I was getting a scratch disk error that was saying premiere doesn't have access to my external drive. I had to then go into my system preferences and grant premiere pro full disk access. I have never had to do this before which leads me to think it may be an issue in the new version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change "I-Frame only MPEG" to QuickTime ProRes 422 LT in Sequence Settings on Windows

Every time, when I create a sequence from file, I change "Preview File Format" from I-Frame Only MPEG to ProRes 422 LT. I know, "I-Frame Only" its a good old times format, but today, when you bring a ProRes in Windows, It is time to change standard format?=)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Default undo / history states set to 100 instead of 32

Change the default undo / history states setting to 100 instead of 32. Need more undos sometimes. Many times. Just make the default 100 so we never have to go in there and change it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bug Report: Console Settings Not Working

During the most recent updates, selecting "False" for item "FE.AllowMultipleOpenProjects" has stopped working. No matter what I do, Premiere still opens multiple projects within themselves. This is extremely annoying.

Also, custom workspaces are STILL NOT saving properly. I've done every thing I know to do, and wasted so much time reading forum thread after forum thread. The issue is specifically with the "Project" window being in the wrong place when creating a new project.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base