Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Uniform Scaling Broken with latest release in Premiere Pro *REPEATABLE BUG**

Hi There-

With the latest release of Premiere, Scaling is broken. If you take a video track and scale it, after a point, the x axis "pinches" in. Running 10.15.6 on Mac OS but has been working fine under that build. Images attached.

This is also effecting previous projects that worked fine until open and resaved under the latest build. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. This only seems to affect graphic files or animated .mov files. The work around is to uncheck the Uniform Scale checkbox and manually fix it.

Photos below illustrate this behavior. It is repeatable.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sequence timeline: add option to "close other panels to left", "close other panels to right"

At the moment in the timeline, there is only the option to close one panel, or close all other panes; it would be good to have the option to close all panels only to the left or right of the current panel

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Turn Closed Captions into clip markers

Take Closed captions generated either by third party or premiere into clip markers so you can search phrases said in video a lot faster

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Scene Edit Detection for Adobe Prelude with Automatic Subclip

Bring Scene Edit Detection into Adobe Prelude
    Have automatic Subclipping on scene detection

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Premiere 2020 14.3.1 sometimes you can't rename a clip, nothing happens, have to reset. How did this bug even get missed?

Occasionally when you go to rename a clip, by hitting Return/Enter or clicking to rename it, nothing happens. Nothing. You pretty much have to restart Premiere to get it working again. Why didn't the team catch this already?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make resizing Essential Graphics text boxes change the font size.

I have no way of knowing if the font size is accurate in Essential Graphics because when you shrink or expand the text box it still retains a font size of 100 for example, but if you change the font size bigger or smaller by moving the font size slider it also expands and shrinks the text box, but the text size number changes with it. Why is it that changing the text box size doesn't effect the font size as well? Can this be adjusted? If two text boxes are on the same frame and one has smaller font…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Imported titles with alpha channel will not render properly

So I have some titles made in After Effects that contain alpha channels. When I important them and cut them into the sequence they look fine. They are placed over a color matte set to 40% opacity to give them a background and brought in and out with dissolves. They work fine in Premiere, yet when I try to output a file I get a flash frame where the color matte shows up as 100% opacity just before the fade up starts. But if I set an in and out point a few seconds before and after the titles and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. XAVC S decode issue

When using XAVC S codec from popular Sony cameras it appears that Premiere Pro decodes the footage to BT.601 colour space whilst other popular NLEs decode consistently with one another to BT.709. This means that anyone who records externally to ProRes (or others) will have an inconsistent image to the internal codec as the External version will be tagged in Premiere Pro as BT.709.

The metadata for the XAVC S contains an “undefined” tag for its colour space so I would assume that Premiere Pro would default this to BT.709 in accordance to the colour management system, not BT.601.
    [Metadata…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Clips not showing in monitor - just black

Clips show in the monitor as blackness, rendering is slow or stops, premier freezing my computer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Premiere not starting on MacPro / Catalina

Premiere Pro 2020 never worked on my brand new Mac Pro.
    Found out that I had to change Privacy setting - which I did, with no results.
    Even changed it to have Full Disk Access - no result.
    Reinstalled, but when I start it,
    the icon bounces for a white, splash screen shows, and then it disappears/quits without any message.

All other Adobe apps install and run well.

Any ideas what to try next?

Mac Pro, 10.15.8 / 96GB / 3,2GHz 16-core / AMD Radeon Pro Vega II

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Premiere Pro 2020 doesn't load fonts downloaded from Adobe fonts for me every time I open it.

I'll have to deactivate the fonts and activate them again to make premiere pro recognise them.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I am having a problem with The new version of Premiere. It's not reading the colors of a video with transparency and lettering right.

Premiere problem - reading and rendering graphic colors from video with transparency and lettering.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When linking media, you should be given the option to link both the originals and proxies

Once the proxies have been attached, if both the original media and proxies go offline, it's time consuming bringing both type of media online. It would be faster if you could link both the original clips and the proxies on the same pressing of 'linking media'. For example, after pressing linking media, you could get first a window for the original media and then a window for the proxies.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. edit rush on premiere

I would absolutely love to be able to edit a rush project on premiere and have those changes show back up on rush. To be able to start a project on my phone with phone footage, go to my pc to make more detailed edits and then have those edits show back up on rush so that I can export the project and post from my mobile phone would be amazing!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Adobe Premiere Rush compatible with Google Pixel 4

I can't install Adobe Premiere Rush on my Google Pixel 4 but it is compatible with Google Pixel 3 etc

Could you please fix that?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 'Share for review' feature inside Premiere

I would love to be able to share an edit with a client for review - within Premiere, with the ability for a client to comment and give feedback.

InDesign incorporates a share-for-review feature and you can readily comment on PDF docs, so why not video as well?

It's tedious and time consuming having to render every change, export a file, upload and manage comments over email. In my case, i'm working on multiple films and versions and it would streamline the whole process without me having to fork out for another 3rd party subscription.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Media should allow for more than one linked file location

Team projects allows for referencing media in more than one location. This should be allowed for all media in a normal project. If primary media location is unavailable, Premiere can link to the media in other locations. This could be a function of Productions.

In general, Media management should be more robust and allow for duplicating or moving source files without the need to use Project Manager.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Strange phenomena(Deleting all the tried files and folder)

Strange phenomena(Deleting all the tried files and folder)

1. After 6 days Pr trial period, I tested several function.

2. And I prepared 2GB combined video filed(*.mp4).

3. All the activities were drive D:/sung/premier.

4. The vol was about 25GB.

5. Today, I uninstall Pr and media and ?? Cloud.

6. And then 10 hours later, I want to see the mp4 video file.

7. But even I cannot access the folder(Ref.Fig1.png)

8. I checked another laptop computer. It also showed the same situation.

9. Please find attached below file for your reference.(Fig2.png is my PC OS)

10. And Try it

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add 4:3 Picture and Title Safe area guides to Premiere (Same as After Effects)

Now that we have Rulers and Guides, I've built a custom Title Safe template for Premiere, but it would be great if the default Title Safe guides were the same as After Effects- which include 4:3 Pix/Title safe area. This is still necessary for titling for most broadcast deliveries.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. clip markers need improvement

-need a way to move all clip xmp markers over to the project file without manually changing each one, and vice versa

-marker panel needs improved functionality (ability to add markers to multiple clips at once, change color of multiple clips at once, etc.)

thank you

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base