Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't scale effects (like Drop Shadow) when an asset is scaled

i have a standard Drop Shadow preset that i use throughout my movies. If i apply the effect an image that i've scaled down, the effect scales with it.

It shouldn't. Or give me a check box to prevent this. My preset means i want a certain shadow at a certain size... it shouldn't be impacted by the scale of the object i'm applying it to.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Timecode and Clip Name effect should be able to reference audio tracks

I have a timeline with video and audio recorded separately. I have used the Clip Name and Timecode effects to display on the video for exporting rushes. However there is no way to display the timecode/clip name of audio tracks.

Burning in overlays from the program monitor would work too.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: Clip motion position disobeys keyframes

Steps to reproduce:

1. Throw any clip on your timeline

2. Add 3 Position keyframes. (The bug is more obvious if they're several seconds apart.) Confirm the position values for all are the default 960,540.

3. Change the position value for the 1st keyframe to 960,0

4. Change the position value for the 2nd keyframe to 950,540

Play and behold... between the 2nd and 3rd keyframe, the clip moves in the Y axis!
    And yet the 2nd & 3rd keyframes are from 950,540 to 960,540. So instead of a slow movement to the right, it's adding a down&up movement (my Y value peaks at…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When "Directional Blur" stops, it jumps one pixel

When applying a "Directional Blur" to a png, video, title what ever, and ramps it down from xx to zero, it jumps 1 pixel up when hitting zero.

See this example http://www.thhe.dk/directional_blur.zip
    zoom in on the png and see when it stops.

Can this be fixed ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When "Directional Blur" stops, it jumps one pixle

When applying a "Directional Blur" to a png, video, title what ever, and ramps it down from xx to zero, it jumps 1 pixel up when hitting zero.

See the attached example  - zoom in on the png and see when it stops.

Can this be fixed ?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bug: Crop effect video glitch in Catalina

Discovered a video glitch today using the Crop effect. Doesn’t matter if I apply the effect to the clip or an adjustment layer. The video glitch outputs with the bug, too, so it’s not just a display issue in the Program Monitor.

Steps: Drag the Crop effect to a clip in the timeline. In the EC panel, adjust Left, Top, Right, Bottom percentages. All but Right works. After adjusting Right above 4.0%, the entire video image shows a glitch that makes the clip impossible to use. The glitch goes away only when Right is 3.0% or less. See before/after screen…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Encountering bug in Premiere with applied effects

Using Mac OS mojave 10.14.6 and CC 2020; Premiere will not render effects applied to videos correctly. In my case, RGB curves will not work (preview or export)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Point/Draft Scaling

This is a really standard feature, and it seems kind of obvious that this would be here. The problem is as follows: say you have a piece of pixel art, or footage from an emulator on an old system, and it's at a really low resolution. In the attached image, I represent that with the pixel art balloon labeled "Original".
    In both of those cases, it's usual to upscale it, because otherwise the image would be really small. In After Effects, this is easy: scale the footage up using the "draft" quality. In other programs, this is also called Point…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy/paste transition does not work reliably

i can't get copying and pasting transitions to work. If i select a transition and hit CTRL+C, and then select two clips and hit CTRL+V, the transition will not paste between the clips as expected.

The only time i've seen it work is if the playhead is between the two clips when i paste, and both clips are selected. But even then, it's dodgy and rarely works reliably. It works so seldom that i don't even bother trying it any more, because dragging a new transition and configuring all the parameters is faster than futzing around with a failed cut…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When creating rectangular masks in the effect controls' Opacity section, holding shift and dragging a rectangles' sides breaks 90° angles.

Unlike other Adobe programs, where users can highlight a mask's anchor points and confidently maintain its angles (especially a square or rectangles' 90° angles), the angles within the mask effect in Premiere become slightly skewed when holding shift and dragging anchor points within an individual x or y axis.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Opacity should only affect the layer to which it is applied and not the layers below.

Opacity should only affect the layer to which it is applied and not the layers below.

It would also be nice to have the ability to have a clipping mask so an adjustment layer will be applied to only one layer or group of layers and not all layers the layers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can u guys give us more effects been using the same effects for years

I would really appreciate if u guys can give us more effects and transition

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Effect one only camera of a multicam sequence

In working with a multicam sequence, it would be extremely advantageous to be able to "effect" only one camera without altering any of the others. For example: one camera needs a different LUT than the others. It would be great to be able to add the LUT to that camera (sequence is already edited) without having to effect each and every edit.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. select multi transition in sequence by dragging mouse

I can't select multi transition in sequence by dragging. It’s should be selected all transitions by mouse dragging and without holding shift key.
    Also I want alignment (start, end, center) all transitions in same time by mouse click

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clip Speed/Duration adjustments need to be shown in the Effect Controls panel as well

When you adjust a clip's speed through the Clip Speed/Duration panel the resulting retiming is not shown in the Effects Controls and is only reflected in the timeline with the addition of a parenthesis after the clip name. For example clipname.mov(125%). The effect controls panel for the clip shows the time remapping as 100% however. This leads to confusion and more importantly makes certain functions not work correctly. If you later try to find all retimed clips in your timeline with the 'Find in timeline' function it is unable to find the retimed clips. Very annoying if you have to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lumetri Scope for entire image shows when using Mask

I've managed to create a mask as shown in the attached image.
    When I go to Lumetri Scopes to edit the skin tones, I cant easily see scopes for the area in the mask.
    This is because I am seeing scopes for the entire image (bad).
    Changing the colors only affects the mask area (good)

How do I only see the scope for the Masked area?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Feather single edges of polygon masks

Is this weird? I would love to be able to create a polygon mask, and then choose WHICH EDGE(S) to feather, and how much. I need one edge super hard, and the others feathered a lot. Or perhaps, different amounts of feathering on different edges. Maybe a veteran knows an easy workaround to achieve this? Thanks

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Since 7 January Colour Key is not working

Since 7 January the colour key effect works sometimes and doesn't at others.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Size clips and shapes by entering their dimensions in pixels

In Elements you can resize a clip to specific dimensions using the Motion Effect. You can give clips and shapes their height and width in pixels, and their X and Y co-ordinates.

After upgrading to Premier PRO, there is no ability to do this. I have to create guides and align to them. This is a MAJOR step backwards and slows down my work flow considerably. Editing in After Effects is completely over the top for such a basic ability.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base