Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the Captions!

PLEASE! Fix the captions in Premiere Pro. This is a nightmare to work with. It doesn't update in real time, it makes the software and even sometimes the computer crash. I thought it was my computer at first, but it actually crashes in any circumstances on other machines. Please, do something! Make the captions feature work regardless of the computer specs!

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Subtitles that automatically extend to the length of the marker

When testing subtitles in Premiere CC Pro, I'm missing a feature. In a speech, the subtitle is usually continuous, meaning that one subtitle follows another. After the manuscript, markers are set in step 1. Then the subtitle is drawn over the length of the speech. And the individual subtitles are completed with +. The length of a new subtitle is always the same. Here I would imagine a function that fills the length to the next marker. Now you always have to extend the length manually with the mouse. Via shortcut or right mouse button would be a great help…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. CC OP47

Possibility to choose the teletext page. In Belgium we're using page 889 but export chooses page 801 by default.

Possibility to choose the VANC Lines.

and accents are not recognized...

A complete improvement of CC OP47 for each country using these will be great.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Navigating up a line in captions

When writing captions with multiple lines, if you press the up button (up arrow) it brings you to the previous caption. This is problematic if many of your captions have multiple lines, as is usually the case. So you have to use the mouse to click between lines of text within the same caption. The up arrow should just bring you to the previous line of text, not the previous caption.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adobe fonts not working in Premiere Pro captions in Windows 10

On Windows, you can select an Adobe Font in the captions, but this font won't work. It remains on the Windows default font.

You can see it in my screenshot

On Mac, it works flawlessly

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make captions not be buggy to the point of uselessness.

What everyone else said 1000 times. Why put a feature in the software that just makes everyone hate you because it's useless?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. multi selection for caption and moving captions in same time

i can't select multi caption in same time, please make multi selection for caption with mouse in sequence for moving captions in same time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. shortcut for adding caption in sequence

Please make shortcut for adding caption in sequence (for example press any key twice, one for start caption, two for end caption when a playback is playing)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ISSUE: Must exit project and reopen to have any changes appear in closed caption preview. -

When importing a SRT file (the only way I have used CC) and I make changes - the changes do not appear. I must save the project and exit, restart Premiere for these changes to show. This has been an ongoing issue. PLEASE ADDRESS -

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add BBC/Netflix EBU-D-TT .xml subtitle export option

Adding this would allow to deliver series to Netflix or BBC through Adobe suite without any need for external subtitling software. At the moment you only export .stl .srt and .xml (but a smpte one - not a TT version) which aren't viable options for deliveries, especially not in the universe of SDH (Subtitles for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing) for big platforms.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Captions crashes often. Multiple bugs in captions.

The captions system is VERY buggy:
    1. It's crashed Premieremultiple times.
    2.It has frozen the movement ( but not buttons) on my mouse.
    3. It can only display frames not time code.
    4 Pasting into the IN and Out boxes doesn't always work.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Subtitle render in parts

Please, fix this!

When I have a almost finished any project and I have to correct any text in my subtitle my project loses all my render preview. It's terrible! Please, create a solution for render captions individually.

Today, for example, I had a seventeen minutes project with linked comps, graphics and a adjustment layer with film convert... Then, I saw a one-letter-mistake and after change that, bum! My render work down... It's terrible! Is a nightmare....

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto Reframe Affects Captions

Auto Reframe is great, but could you make it do to captions what it does to titles?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More control to the captions

I would like to have more control over the background box of the captions, to change size and position, it could help solve the extra headspace bug problem that I seem to have. Also, an option for rounded corners could be neat.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Match Frame Captions to the Captions Panel

It would be great to add a function similar to match frame for clips, but for captions.

If I have a caption change that needs to be applied to an edit, I have to first match frame the caption clip from the Timeline, which'll then open in the Source Panel. From here I can see the clip's source timecode.

Next I have to scroll thru the Captions Panel referring to the In and Out points until I come across the caption referenced in the Source Panel. From here I can make my edit change.

My solution would eliminate this search…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. captions not exporting

Captions not exporting correctly on newest version (13.1.5) they don't even appear when 'burn captions into video' option is selected, had to roll back one version to regain function

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Not all installed fonts work in Captions

Not all fonts seem to work with the caption tool. Fonts that might work perfectly in the standard type/text tool will simply not work when trying to use them in Open Captions.

They just don't seem to register. Although you can select the font from the drop down menu, the actual text doesn't update (note that this is not the same as the usual "captions don't update" issue.). It's as though the font doesn't exist.

I have no idea why this happens, as these same fonts work perfectly everywhere else (within Premiere, and in any other application I have tried…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Think more.

Please work on caption.
    When I want to extend my caption duration, 5 times out of 10 I drag the whole layer. Why would you keep that little black bar so small ?? Or maybe I dunno how to extend it...
    Do designers use Premiere ??

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SRT captions to Essential Graphics

With social media deliverables becoming commonplace it is very common to need to convert an open-captioned film (ie for Youtube) into a 1:1 Facebook film with burned in caps. The burned-in caps options for SRT files are limited, low quality and buggy. There needs to be an option to convert all captions to an Essential Graphics template that is then itself editable on a global level (in other words all the captions can be changed together, much the same as how Master Styles work). This is not a quirk it is becoming a standard requirement and would massively help a…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Using in-out marks in Captions

When subtitling with captions I have to go through and manually enter the subtitle in-out points. Could these not be copied from the timeline in-out points? This would make the process quicker, smoother and less likely to end up with a subtitle that does not fit properly because the captions panel has corrupted and ignored the manually entered numbers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base