Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need captions in V 15 and above to travel till the bottom of the screen irrespective of safe margins

I need the captions workspace to allow the captions to be taken below the safe margins. I am using the same concept for my clients in V 14.9 for a long time and they would like to keep it.

See the screenshot of my active workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need captions in V 15 and above to travel till the bottom of the screen irrespective of safe margins

I need the captions workspace to allow the captions to be taken below the safe margins. I am using the same concept for my clients in V 14.9 for a long time and they would like to keep it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need captions in V 15 and above to travel till the bottom of the screen irrespective of safe margins

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need captions in V 15 and above to travel till the bottom of the screen irrespective of safe margins

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Need captions in V 15 and above to travel till the bottom of the screen irrespective of safe margins

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need captions in V 15 and above to travel till the bottom of the screen irrespective of safe margins

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Preserving Caption Timing and Formatting

When modifying/editing captions on Premiere Pro, in order to avoid timing being out of sync during ingest on YouTube.com, a blank “bumper” caption must be added to the top of all caption sequences. This is only needed for .scc caption files as .srt seems to have no issues with maintaining the timing for each caption set by the captioner. It would be convenient to stick to .srt as the standard captioning file, however specific formatting that occasionally must be used (top-placing captions, italics, etc) are lost in .srt when uploading to YouTube.com. The metadata tags are translated incorrectly and odd…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Chinese transcription

Terrible results.... barely usable. Wield separation too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. fix in the closed captions tool

Often when i click the (+) on the new closed captions tool, a new caption appears, but i do not get the option to type anything in there, a few seconds later it will load but then it will also delete the last caption that i did make. I believe this is a bug, but it really slows down your worklfow when you need to rewrite captions every few sentences.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Transcript modal not appearing, but blocking actions.

Clicking on the Transcribe Sequence button has (3 out of 4 attempts) caused no modal to be launched, but the program acts as if it has, not allowing me to take any actions. I've scanned both screens for any hint of the modal, but I don't see it at all.

The second attempt worked and the transcribe feature is AWESOME! Now if I can just consistently use it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bring back essential subtitle functions!

Bring back the ability to use effects on subtitles and have more than one displayed on the screen at the same time.

This was a feature you had but intentionally removed (according to your staff) to stop a problem for a very small number of people.

Instead you have made it near impossible for dual language / language learning / closed caption heavy editors to do the same job they could have before you removed it.

I now simply cannot do the task I had always done, because you removed the ability to.

This is a make or break issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Create captions" not working.

The transcription process works great. As soon as I click the "Create Captions" button, I get the screen below, and it never changes. I can cancel it an go back to the transcription, but can not get any further. I've tried resetting my Premier settings, and resetting the workspace. I've even uninstalled and re-installed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Caption Track height

It's easy for the Caption track to get buried in the interface. I seem to be able to adjust the direct height of the track with the option key but I can't adjust the space the caption area takes. I know engineering wants it to stay within a fixed space but it's too small.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shared captions/text styles and captions presets that can link to text styles.

Captions presets and text styles are created and saved on a project level, so have to be exported/re-imported into different projects.

It would be great if they were created as settings similar to export presets so they could be imported once and be available for all projects, or perhaps shared libraries as per MOGRTs.

It would also be great if custom caption presets linked to text styles too, as this is important where a standardised look/style is required (channels/networks).

I've also noted a bug when importing a custom captions preset it's name is not shown correctly, but is called 'subtitle…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to stop auto-scrolling the captions panel

Currently when you click on a caption in the captions panel, the window scrolls so the one you've selected is centered in the panel. This makes it difficult to double-click on one to edit it, and I feel like I'm constantly chasing them down with my mouse. I can scroll through them quite quickly with the mouse wheel and it would be nice to have them not automatically scroll to center. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Caption styles need to preserve colour etc

When I import lots of captions I’d like to save time and format them with a style. I can do this but it will overwrite important colour information encoded in the .SRT with <font> tags for different speakers.

Can you make it so that caption style presets can be created that have no colour associated, so that it will preserve the colour encoded in the file?

(Also please add dissolves to them etc as requested elsewhere)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Norwegian language to auto transcript feature

Support for Norwegian language on the auto transcript feature added in Premiere Pro 15.4.
    Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create Captions dialog box "style" selection bug

(note: I had to choose "closed captions" for this bug report even though what I'm trying to do involves open captions)

Newest PPro version (15.4.0, build 47)

The "style" selection box in the "Create Captions" dialog box that pops up when trying to create captions from PPro-transcribed text does not let you choose a style. See this video for evidence of the bug: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLBoKYyfKcY

The style selection box works as expected in Beta version 22.0.0, build 31.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. CANCEL or HALT button for/during Auto-Transcribing

Just a thought. It'd be great to have an CANCEL or HALT button during an Auto-Transcribing. Sometimes you might be transcribing the wrong file and/or sequence, or your file may offline for whatever reason. Thus, there'd be no reason to wait for the results and tie up your computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base