Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The captions software adds a space at the end of most sentences. So I have to go in and manually remove it from every line. Please fix this.

The captions software adds a space at the end of most sentences. So I have to go in and manually remove it from every line. Please fix this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: Edits to Captions not saved.

When using the cations feature, and trying to edit automatic transcription of audio, it often won't save. I then have to re-do the editing of the captions sometimes up to 5 times before it holds.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Captions from manual or preexisting transcript

Would love the ability to paste the text from a manual transcript and have premiere merely synchronizing the text with the video instead of auto transcribing it again. Fixing the automatic transcription is very time consuming and the manual transcript is usually perfect and matches the speaker exactly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option for different tracks to be different speakers in auto-transcript/captions

When two people talk over one another, it tends to cause chaos with auto-transcripting. Currently, you can only auto-transcript a single audio track or a mix of multiple tracks. However, it is common practice for two members of a conversation to be on separate tracks. If the auto-transcriber could look at and transcribe those tracks separately and combine the transcripts afterward, not only would it alleviate the chaos of overtalk, it would also make speaker identification much more accurate, because it could assume any speaking on a given track was always the speaker assigned to that track.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Captions bug: "Synchronize" makes it overwrite itself

How to reproduce: Import any SRT file, and place it above a video file somewhere in the timeline that it should sync with. If you select all the individual text blocks using the track select foward tool, then shift+click to select the video and choose the "synchronize" option, the captions all jumble together and most are significantly shortened, and are out of sync.

It seems like Premiere is having a tough time choosing which text blocks to move in what order, and therefore, some are getting clipped or deleted entirely, because when two text blocks overlap, the duration is trimmed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Import my own script

While the Transcribe feature is amazing we have long videos with approved Scripts. We need to be able to upload the script to PP during the 'Create Captions" action. PLEASE consider adding this to PP. This would be an absolute game-changer to my Open Captions process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need Ability to Embed Transcript Metadata using IPTC Video Metadata Hub Standard

Please add "Iptc4xmpExt:Transcript" in the Premiere Pro metadata panel.
    After using the auto transcript feature, we need to embed the transcript as file metadata when exporting/transcoding from premiere pro to media encoder. IPTC Video Metadata Hub has the standard of "Iptc4xmpExt:Transcript". However this is not available in the Premiere Pro metadata panel. This would be a great complementary feature to pair with your new captioning features.
    Here is a reference to the IPTC Video Metadata Hub: https://iptc.org/std/videometadatahub/recommendation/IPTC-VideoMetadataHub-props-Rec_1.3.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Splitting transcript sections doesn't work correctly on PC

I have no problems with splitting sections on my Mac, but when using a PC, I can't control where the split happens no matter what I do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Auto-generated captions create extra space at end of each line - off center captions

I frequently use the auto-generated transcript options, then turning those into captions. Every time I create the captions, nearly every single caption line has an extra space at the end of it, which makes the entire caption not look centered (see photo), at least when there's a solid background. I then have to go in and manually delete each and every space from the end of every caption, which takes a lot of time. I love the auto-generated transcript and captions features, immensely helpful, but having to go in and edit each one anyway makes it a little less convenient.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. SILENT (BACKGROUND) AUTO-SAVE, PLEASE, ADOBE!!!

When you're editing captions, the auto-save feature REALLY, REALLY is annoying as ****!

Takes you out of the flow, as you
    a) have to wait for the process to complete
    b) do an extra few mouse clicks to get the line you were editing active again

If other NLEs can do this, why can't Premiere Pro?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug: .srt captions are out of sync when exporting (PP 15.4)

In Premiere Pro 15.4 if you export a sequence with a .srt sidecar captions file using the "Source Range: Sequence In to Out" and your "In" marker is not aligned with the start of the sequence the exported captions are synchronized to the sequence timecode not the timecode of the exported video.
    Although this may be a useful feature for some workflows it feels like for most the default behavior should be to have the captions in sync with the exported video.

EDIT: Updated the version number to confirm this issue still exists in 15.4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Multiple captioning styles

I'm just starting to explore the caption (automatic and manual) feature in Premiere Pro. While I think this is great and potentially very powerful, one simple upgrade would make it a lot more usable to me.
    I would like to be able to use different styles for different reasons in the subtitles... eg in a documentary when an interviewer is talking I left-justify, when the talent is answering I right-justify, and when there's a voice-over I centre-justify. I'm happy to do this manually if I could apply different styles to selections of captions, but I can find no way to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve captions / subtitle clip quick keys

1. Extend clip to playhead (shift + Q)

You can currently use (shift + Q ) on highlighted video tracks to extend clip lengths to play-head, this should be the same for caption clips on a caption track

On the caption track you can currently use (ctrl + alt + up & down arrow) to jump from clip to clip, but you cannot extend clips, except for clicking and dragging them out, which is a huge time-waste.

1. Make text of current selected clip's text editable

When jumping from caption clip to caption clip (ctrl + alt + up and down arrow),…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Trimming Not Intuitive

If I want to move the end of one subtitle and the beginning of another, I have to move the front of the second one before moving the back of the first. I should be able to grab both simultaneously where they touch and move them together. THis is very intuitive and Davinci resolve does it quite well

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix bug when deleting japanese subtitle

When I delete the text inside a subtitle to create a text instead (because we can't move subtitle how we want...) the subtitle if it's not deleted become a square or a "@".
    You can see the square behind the text on my pictures and the two empty subtitle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow captions to be crossfaded.

It's pretty horrible that you can no longer apply effects to captions. I have to put up with them just appearing on screen in a hard cut, with no ability to fade them out, mask them, or match the effects of the visuals. Why was this not taken into account with the latest update?

As a general moan, it feels like the latest text & caption update was designed only for shortform, instagram and youtube video makers, and any ability to have stylised closed captions has been eradicated... as well as efficient workflow for those who need to subtitle longform…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 'Push to Track or Style' does not include Align & Transform Properties

Align & Transform properties are not included when you push to a captions track, and will only work sometimes with captions styles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Captions bug

When adding multiple captions to a long video, several times a previous captions text gets deleted when I finish typing the latest one. Usually the caption 1 to 3 caption blocks before the one I'm working on. Has happened 10+ times, and I'm only on block 30..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base