Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically Sync media to merged clips

When synchronising large amounts of audio and video, working solely from the timeline or creating merged clips one-by-one is messy and tedious. Ideally, it should be possible to automatically synchronise media from a bin or the project panel, so a pile of separate audio and video becomes a neat list of synchronised merged clips.

Avid has this sorted with their AutoSync feature, which has existed for years. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4frJqkc5EI) This feature looks and works much like Premiere's existing 'Synchronise' option, except that rather than synchronising media on a timeline, it acts on media selected in a bin, and creates…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to create & apply presets for caption/subtitle styles

I'm working with a high volume of SRT files for importing subtitles (open captions), and I currently have to manually adjust the type style every single time I do so. A couple potential solutions that would make this way more manageable:

1) Presets. There's currently no way to create/apply a style preset for captions — all SRT imports will simply default to the unchangeable default set by Premiere. This would be manageable if there were a style dropdown with the option to save presets, much like in the Export Media window.

2) Change Defaults in Preferences. There's currently nowhere in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Re-stacking audio on effect option panel

Just Re-stacking audio on effect option panel (i can't drag and drop like video effect)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. An In to Out Metadata Display

I've posted on this in detail here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/In-to-Out-Duration-in-Metadata-Display/m-p/10619641#M227394

I'd simply like a Metadata Display option that shows what the in to out duration (not total duration) of a given clip or sequence in a bin. VIDEO DURATION does not provide this on my system, but rather gives me the overall duration as does MEDIA DURATION.

Martin

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Post a Real Changelog for 13.1.5

The Fixed Issues page for 13.1.5 is woefully inadequate. Please post actual details of which issue were fixed.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 32 bit effect icon in custom bin

Effects that are placed in a bin no longer display the 32bit icon if they are 32 bit effects.

Please update so the icons remain persistent and I can see what my "Favorited" effects are that are 32bit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Timecode is still incorrectly reported by Premiere 13.1.3

Setup:
    Windows 10
    PPro 13.1.3
    Blackmagic RAW v1.5

Editing a feature that was begun on OS X PPro 13.0.1 and just migrated media/project files to a faster Win10 machine. For various reasons, had to do something I rarely do and that is upgrade to PPro 13.1.3 mid-project. Using the new BRAW codec for Premiere, I unlinked from the transcoded ProRes files I was previously editing on and linked media directly to the braw files directly taken from a BMPCC4K camera.

To my horror, all my sequences and synced clips of the entire movie are off by up to 1.5 minutes.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Unlimited Custom Labels

I love being able to color code my clips, and to have the flexibility to choose my own custom label colors, but having only 16 label slots really limits my color coding system! Avid Media Composer allows you to open up an unlimited color picker for each clip, and you there is NO maximum number of colors.

I miss being able to label things with detailed categories- ex: Blues for interviews, every subject is their own shade of blue. Pinks for Broll, every location is a different shade of pink. And so on. Glad Premiere has expanded the number recently…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Lumetri Panels Should Live Update on Second Monitor

Lumetri Panels Should Live Update on Second Monitor.

Currently, there is a known issue of Lumetri not live updating when the panel is moved to a separate window on a second or third monitor (which is ideal for workspace management). It's impossible to color correct or grade if you don't get feedback with scopes, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support .XMLFCPX and .MXF files

Please support this file, my clients have been limited due to the problems in moving from FCP to Pr. I couldn't get MXF files to open or even find a way to transcode them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Select edit points using track targeting in trim mode

In trim mode, selecting additional edit points should be possible using track targeting shortcuts (see the way Avid handles this).

Currently the only way to add additional edit points to the trim operation is to mouse-click to select the extra edit points or to exit trim mode, amend your track targeting and then re-enter trim mode.

Example:

Let's say I have V1 targeted (i.e. highlighted in blue on the left hand side of the timeline). All of the audio targets are turned off.
    If I enter trim mode the trim tool will highlight the nearest edit point on V1. That's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Premiere 2019 crashes randomly

Premiere 2019 crashes randomly. One minute it is open and I blink and it is gone. I have gotten in the habit of saving every minute or two. Attached is my system information as well as a screenshot of the event viewer error that was associated with a recent crash.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Premiere 2019 crashes randomly

Premiere 2019 crashes randomly. One minute it is open and I blink and it is gone. I have gotten in the habit of saving every minute or two.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix this

Clip Speed /Duration
    rodericv70669741
    Jun 25, 2019

Hi. When I open the clip speed / duration dialogue and enter the number 1, for the speed percentage, Premiere Pro immediately changes this to 1.25 and won't let me use the backspace key to change it. Any other number I enter there doesn't have the same effect. Please could you let me know why this is happening and if I can stop it?

Thanks, Rod.
    1 Like
    Translate
    Follow
    6 Replies
    Correct Answer by Christian_Z1
    ACP, Jun 25, 2019

This is is because PP limits the duration of one clip…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Custom marker colors and more than eight color options (+shortcuts)

I do a lot of sorting using labels and keyboard shortcuts to color my clips so I know what I'm looking at on my timeline at a glance. I'd love the opportunity to do the same thing with markers. Custom colors would be great, and more than eight options. The ability to assign specific marker colors with a keyboard shortcut would be a terrific bonus, as well. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Re-enable pasting of passwords into the Creative Cloud login screen

Has anyone had any issues recently where you cant paste passwords or two-factor authentication codes into the login fields of the Creative Cloud authentication screen?

I came in to work this morning, and I could no longer paste my password from 1Password, and had to type it in with the keyboard, like a caveman.

My only workaround to this is to create a Keyboard Maestro macro that "pastes" the copied password from my system clipboard to the password field by emulating the keystrokes, rather than by pasting.

I'm on macOS 10.13.6, Creative Cloud Desktop App v4.9.0.504

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Relink from bins

Both Resolve and Avid have options for relinking clips in one sequence to clips in a specific bin (or bins) as long as timecode/file name etc matches. If Premiere could do the same then we could stop fighting once and for all with the infamous 'duplicate clips' issues that have plagued Premiere for such a long time.

Example:
    - A director does a rough selects timeline using native camera files
    - Editor begins the edit in a new project using proxy files
    - Editor imports the director's selects timeline and Premiere automatically imports the native files as well. This is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Having the chance to keep maxFALL and MaxCLL when working with HDR10. Or the option to render adding this txt info.

Having the chance to keep maxFALL and MaxCLL when working with HDR10. Or the option to render adding this txt info.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Audio waveforms randomly disappearing!

Horrible bug with audio waveforms seemingly randomly disappearing. Seems impossible to get them back, even when rebuilding peak files. Especially annoying on long sequenzes.

Makes audio editing nearly impossible. Please help soon!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 292 293
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base