Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multitap Delay has 2 level 4s

The multitap delay controls have no level 3, but two level 4s. Makes it a bit confusing to set things up.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set a custom thumbnail preview for videos

It is very surprising that Adobe has not made a custom video thumbnail option standard in Premiere pro.
    It should at the very least be the first frame not a random spot in the video. This is very disappointing and an obvious over sight.
    Please fix.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add check box "Repeat Edge Pixels" for Directional Blur

To fix this I'm not supposed to waste my time COPYING the same clip in order to paste it on the track below, REMOVE Directional Blur on this clip in order to NOT see the edges of my effect !

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Premiere crashes when I try to load project in latest version

I have never had this issue before but when I try to load projects in Premiere now (including projects that were fine four days ago), the program crashes and has the spinning wheel of death or a clock icon that never goes away.

I restarted Premiere Pro and my computer 3x to no avail. This is causing a serious issue on a time sensitive project and does not appear to have any solution. I'm on a MacBook Pro 16" with OS Catalina and the latest version of Premiere Pro CC that updated about 10 days ago.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make a long timeline resonable response

Common problem with long timeline. Premier starts to be laggy when dealing with long timeline with multiple audio channels. When I have - let's say 1 hour of timeline with 8 channels of audio Premere becomes totally slow, zooming in and out to a timeline produce few second of lag. Don't u notice that? Please do something with this! If I delete all audio clips timeline becomes responsive as it should.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Swf import

Premiere had swf import for a brief period. Can we bring that feature back? Premiere is a story telling tool with powerful transitions, audio layer, music and effects. While Animate cc is great animation tool. Earlier we could quickly bring swf into premiere without going via AE or heavy file renders.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix the dam crashes!

Fix the dam crashes! Your software sucks if you don't fix them! Absolutely pathetic. Can't even work with Blackmagic raw footage even on a high spec machine! Enable GPU and CPU workspaces like Davinci Resolve. I cannot believe this same issue has plagued Adobe for years! FIX IT!!!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Blackmagic Design Shuttle card doesn't work in Premiere Pro CC

We recently started using Blackmagic Design (BMD) cards for capturing old film and video material. We use the Intensity Pro 4K and Intensity Shuttle.

The old material (firewire solutions) no longer works and had to be replaced. Premiere could work (until version 12 - 2018) with firewire solutions.

If all prescribed settings are set for, the card will not work. "Capture device offline" is the message.
    At the same time, a source can be displayed on the same PC's in other software, such as Media Express (BMD software), GrassValley Edius 9 and OBS.

Several times via chat the helpdesk consulted,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. When clicking in the project area

When clicking in the project area, if I miss the clip with the cursor, it goes to an import files window. This is a waste of time because no one imports files like this. Just have it do nothing. It will safe editors time and make things more efficient.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Audio keyframes set to "Linear" are not linear

Audio keyframes set to "Linear" are not linear

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Label colors not appearing in project window for older projects

Label colors are selected in Metadata display but the colors do not appear in the project window column to the left of the file name.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a sequence flow diagram like the comp flow diagram in After Effects

When working on complicated projected where sequences are nested in other sequences, it would be nice to be able to tell in which sequences the current sequence are nested in, in a similar manner to the comp flow in After Effects.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Premiere Pro crashes importing essential graphics template

Hi there, I am sorry if this already has been posted, but I couldn't find any similar reports.

Since 2020 update 14.6.0 build 51, Adobe Premiere crashes when I am trying to import (self made) motion graphic templates from the essential graphics panel. These are templates that I never had any problems with before (just simple name tags) and I have been using on a daily base. I tried to delete all cache, delete all preview renders files and reset my layout (which I found somewhere as a tip). But that didn't help. I am wondering if this is a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Duplicating Sequence changes content inside Timeline window

I have a typical Edit here of a 2 min film with some video layers and some graphics where I also use MOGRTs. Now i obeserve the following: I duplicate this sequence (right click -> duplicate). BUT the new sequence is NOT identical with the original. There are elements (manly graphic elements) of an older version of this edit inside. Must be a clear bug. Because when I duplicate a sequence I expect it to be identical. Please look into this. I am on Premiere 14.6. on an iMac Pro with Catalina 10.15.7

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When playing back footages in anamorphic pixel aspect ratio using cuda/metal it displays wrongly.

Anamorphic footage with 2:1 pixel aspect ratio is stretched 2x horizontally when using cuda and metal renderer in project settings.
    I have to use software in order to display it correctly.
    Double stretch?

Interestingly on windows it looks normal IF footage scale is 50% and above. but below 50% it looks stretched again.

Tested on:
    Windows cuda with rtx2080,
    Winodws cuda with rtx2070
    Mac Pro metal with AMD D700 Pro

All using latest version of premiere pro.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Label colors

In version 14.6, the label colors in the project window are missing. The color of the labels is very important to see the type of clips and media in the workflow of editing.
    Does anybody kkwon how to fix?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG - Premiere Pro 14.6.0 FREEZE

It's happening more often than usual. To reproduce the error you must be working for a couple of hours within a file (large or small it doesn't matter). After a while it will freeze the entire software (including the mouse cursor) if you just hit playback - EVEN if you already pre-rendered that part (green bar is up).

Never had this problem before this update 14.6.0.

Also, Premiere just freezes when you hit playback, so if you manage to stop the playback you will be able to save your work and exit the program (which will not solve the issue).…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug v14.6 -- Crash when new track created

Fix issue where Premiere crashes every time I create a new track by dragging a clip to a new track. I've had this issue since 14.6 update. Every single time.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to automatically switch to whatever sound output is enabled

I often edit with bluetooth headphones or via speakers connected to the audio jack etc - Premiere is the only app I use which forces me to manually switch away from an audio output which isn't even available.
    Why would it default (and then stubbornly insist on connecting to) my bluetooth earphones when they're not available? Just use whatever Windows output is using (should be an option)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Program-view on second monitor, causing start-up freeze (14.6.0 Build 51)

Got 2 external monitors, through a Razer Chroma X (Radeon VII) and my 15" MacBook lid closed when working.
    I use my second monitor for Program-view when editing, and first monitor for timeline, source, project-bin and such.
    It's activated under Preferences -> Playback and Video Device where I have checked the desired monitor to show Program-view.

If I close, and try to open any project in any way. Premiere Pro will freeze while loading the project.
    To avoid this, I have to open Premiere Pro, and before I open project I uncheck the monitor (any monitor, for that matter) in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 440 441
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base