Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 14.0.1 Fails to Encode videos...

Both Premiere and Media Encoder versions 14.0.1 fail to encode/export videos. Temp workaround is to downgrade Media Encoder to 14.0.0 and use that for exporting. This needs immediate fixing!

37 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Not Actionable  ·  35 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. what is the official standpoint on multithreading / multicore?

i just had contact with support regarding super slow rendering times – they referred me here.
    i convert an h264 to a cropped png sequence, no effects applied (except the cropping).
    if i do this in premiere or ae, it takes at least 2 hours and only utilises a fraction of my cpu. if i do the very same operation via ffmpeg (cli), it's done in less then 7 minutes. attached you'll find screenshots of the two procedures, note the render times (as said, same task, same machine, same result).

is this expected behaviour (because cc simply does not work…

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make this software behave like professional video editing software

Yo I hate this software. You've attached the word Pro to it. I just spent 2 hours editing and cleaning up footage only to have it freeze up and lose everything I've done despite saving?? Insane. Why is there no recovery function? The mobile version is even more useless to me with its random audio hiccups and crashes, rendering it pretty much unusable. This honestly makes me want to cancel my Adobe subscription. I just updated all of my Adobe software. And still having a VST3 plugin crashes Adobe Premier "Pro". This isn't pro level software. This is shovelware. Ever…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Auto-save is the recovery function; on by default.

There is no mobile version of Premiere Pro; I think you’re referencing Premiere Rush.

We work directly with most major VST plug-in vendors; if you can provide specifics about the crash you’ve encountered, we could pursue it further.

4. Focus on making Premiere Pro a stable software.

Premiere Pro becomes less and less stable to work with. 2019 has seen the worst versions so far. It's already a running joke with EVERY single filmmaker I meet.

It's buggy, lagging and keeps crashing and wasting the time I should spend working for my client rather than trying to fix all kinds of things with crazy work-around solutions other Adobe customers come up with.

I'm dreaming of the day Premiere Pro is as stable as Photoshop but I guess I will have switched to DaVinci Resolve before that happens.

73 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 keeps crashing. Please fix it. I keep losing the work i have just done and its taking me ages to complete a project

Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 keeps crashing. Please fix it. I keep losing the work i have just done and its taking me ages to complete a project

133 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

179 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Repair it, so it starts up, or give a descriptive message on MacOS Catalina

Still not able to use it...
    Shows the splash screen, and then.... nothing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Premiere Pro works great on Catalina; in order to figure out why it won’t launch on your system, we’d need to learn more about what has changed, since the last time PPro launched on your system.

Have you deinstalled previous installations, removing preferences, before installing?

8. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'm very disappointed with the audio issue, audio is not working

I have everything correct, but Audio is not working, I could see the wave and volume indicator. But I'm unable to hear the audio.. very disappointing to see how Premium Pro is letting people down.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug: Loudness Normalization on Export Not Working

There seems to be an issue when selecting "Loudness Normalization" on export. The Loudness Normalization Report shows identical values for the "Normalized" and "Source" values.

When I bring the file back in to test, the Loudness Normalization does not appear to have been completed.

Screenshots of Loudness Reports attached. An older one that did work shows the adjusted values.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fixing the problem

The options for changing back to original

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. FRAME.IO PLUGIN fix

Please fix frame.io plugin from syncing timelines! the newest release of premiere broke the frame.io extension from syncing comments to the sequence. I've reached out to them but they're trying to figure it out, and asked that I reach to you!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. File>Export>Media - Nothing happens

This happens across all 3 computers I use premiere on. Intermittently, but more often than not when I go to File>Export>Media the export wizard never shows up. I have to keep exiting and reopening premiere until it works.

This has been ongoing as an issue for years across multiple versions of premiere pro. Please fix this!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We believe that it’s happening, but cannot reproduce the behavior. If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

14. stop to deliver up date software with bugs for premiere and may be others

I do not understand how a company as ADOBE can deliver up date for software with a so evident BUG!!! You put all the community in a deep mess! And we continue to pay you 60€ per month!!!! Processes exist to warrant the performance of a new piece of software, you must use them or change your developpers team ! I hope you will recognize the problem you have created and that you will give to your customers who are following you since years a large discount for the forthcoming months. WE MAY DREAM ISN'T IT

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There’s nothing actionable in your post; not sure which problem you mean we’ve created.

We’d be happy to discuss any specific issues; if there are problems which you can reliably reproduce, please contact Support.

15. Feature To Check Imports For Corruption Or Incompatibility

After two days of multiple Premiere Pro version downloads, a complete computer factory reset, to try and remedy Premiere Pro from staggering and ultimately freezing the entire computer system.

Through process of elimination I discovered that an image file I had placed into the timeline as a green screen background was the issue causing a complete system crash, using McAfee to check for viruses, the file was clean.

It would be handy if Premiere Pro had a feature to scan each file to detect any corruption or incompatibility of imported files, I still don't know why the file was causing…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

PPro already rejects any file which is too malformed for it to successfully import.

As you found, it’s definitely frustrating when a file is ‘good enough’ for initial import, but causes subsequent problems.

Rather than change PPro into a file format verification tool (which would be an enormous undertaking, given how many file format / codec combinations PPro supports), we’re focusing on failing more gracefully when problems are encountered. Ideally, a malformed still image shouldn’t lock up your whole system.

If you still have the problematic file, we’d be interested in seeing it (I reached out via email).

16. Add a Fullscreen Button in the Program Monitor.

I'm honestly still surprised that even the latest versions of Premiere Pro CC still doesn't have this feature, Premiere Pro CC really at some point needs to add a Fullscreen Button both in your Computer's Drop Down File Menu and in the Program Monitor so you can actually playback all of your assembled video and audio clips in Fullscreen mode, and then obviously press "Esc" to exit out of Fullscreen mode.

I'm aware that you can use the ~ (Tilda) Key to closely zoom in and maximize the length of each window in each tab which I have used, but…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have had this feature for many years – Ctrl+Tilde. Esc to get out. I know we have a lot of keyboard shortcuts and you aren’t expected to know them all, but one good way to find out what they are is to open the Keyboard Shortcuts editor from the Premiere Pro menu. From there try searching for commands to see what the shortcut is or even reassign it to something that makes more sense to you. Hope this helps.

17. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2020 BUG IS BACK - Can't Name or Rename a BIN

1/9/2020 I thought they had this fixed. Right click in various places along the bin's name in the media window. Text is faintly outlined but no highlight or edit cursor in the bin name. Maddening.. I figure to beat it at its own game I would CREATE a new bin, name it and move the stuff to this bin then clear the old, now empty bin. NOW it won't even let me assign a name... just comes up "bin". At least it doesn't crash PPro. At least that seems to have been fixed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We can’t reproduce this behavior in current versions of PPro.

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

19. What is going on? What's wrong with this software? Constant crashes and slow speed.

Hey there, I've been plagued with endless slow load times, miserably slow saves (taking up to 15 minutes just to save a project), and memory spikes using this software. That I pay for. I'm working on a TV show and don't have the time or patience to deal with Adobe's lack of effort here. There are updates to this software that come up more than once a month sometimes and yet severe bugs and serious media management issues are yet unresolved. 50% of the time I have a second, tiny project open and want to close it, keeping my second…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Error!!! Help!!!

I apologize for using Google translate. My English is not so good.
    The problem started a couple of days ago. Here is a video that will make everything clear.
    There is only one question. Is it just me or someone else?
    And how do I fix this error?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base