Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

314 results found

1. Hebrew in Premier 22.5

After upgrading ver. 22.5.0 (build 62), all the Hebrew text turned left side right (mirror). I also found that in the prefereneces>graphics>text styling, the only options are: ligatutes and: hindi digits. not the Middle East that used to be. A lot of Trouble for Hebrew users. Please help

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make it work with macOS Ventura

I cannot get Adobe Premiere to even start up on macOS 13.0 Ventura. It crashes after intializing, both if I try to open an existing project or create a new one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Canon EOSVR Plugin does not work with Premiere Pro 22.6.2?

Canon have a plug in for their latest VR camera. The plug in is called EOSVRPlugin, but it doesn't work on Premiere Pro 22.6.2. It makes editing files from the camera impossible, rendering premiere pro useless. I bought Premiere Pro on this basis.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sam, 

Adobe makes it possible for developers to create plugins (and there are hundreds) but we don't provide support for those plugins. I would suggest you contact Canon directly. You could also post in the main Premiere Pro support forum. Many of our customers are there and perhaps one of them has seen this issue before. The address for the forum is: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/ct-p/ct-premiere-pro

Regards,

Fergus

4. Desperately need H265 to function properly

How is the ball being so fully dropped on this one?

I'm running a RTX 3080 and scrubbing in Premier Pro is garbage. Ok, I can work with it anyway if I have to, but then I try to export and it fails 100% of the time.

Looking around the net, the advice is "Turn off hardware encoding". (Media Encoder and Premier Pro)

WHAT?!?!? You have to be joking. You have to be literally having us on.

But I tried it and it still fails 100% of the time. So I'm exporting massive h264 files when I'd really like h265,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Victor, 

I would suggest you post this issue in the Support Community forum for Premiere Pro

The reason is that we do support H.265 including hardware acceleration for it. However, there are several factors that affect that including:

• The bit level and chroma-subsampling of the file (e.g., 10-bit 4:2:2 vs. 8-bit 4:2:0)
    • The processor make, generation, and model your PC has. 

However, like you're pointing out, you should be able to export just fine, even if hardware acceleration isn't available. Posting on the support forum is a better place to get into the details of why it is not working in your case. 

Regards,

Fergus

5. Audio Effect Channel Map Routing

Problem with audio clip effects is that it switches Channel Map routing to bypass when project is opened on a different PC and has to be reset for each clip in order to hear effect. Would be better if the project saved the settings when opening projects on a different PC or going from Mac to Windows and vice versa.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Move audio meters

You used to be able to move the audio meters around and dock it wherever. I would dock it horizontally above my timeline. This meant it didn't take up a lot of real estate, but I could have a really granular view of my levels. Please bring this back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. drop frames with c300 mxf

Major drop frame issues with both C300 mark ii files and c70 MXF files. Also tons of other random weird bugs that never make sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Crista, 

We need a lot more information about this issue, like what version of Premiere Pro you're on, what video formats you're using with the C300 and C70, what sort of computer you're using, etc. 

We have many customers using those cameras successfully, so I'm confident we can resolve the issue you're having. I would encourage you to post your question - with more information - in our support forum: https://community.adobe.com. I'll look out for it there and jump in as necessary. 

Regards,

Fergus

8. Not Compatible with iPhone Footage

Hello, I use iPhone footage regularly and the new update is not compatible with the color or exposure. It makes the footage unusable and even with significant time spent on editing it is never the correct color or exposure.

Please reverse or adjust this portion of the update so that the footage can be used. We rely heavily on this compatibility every week.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Good afternoon. Now I inserted MXF files from Sony FS5 MK2 recorded in S-gamut3.Cine/S-Log3 into Premiere and they are all oversaturated and

Good afternoon.
    Now I inserted MXF files from Sony FS5 MK2 recorded in S-gamut3.Cine/S-Log3 into Premiere and they are all oversaturated and burnt when I put them in the timeline and in the bin windows they appear ultra colored.... In the Sony Catalist browser are seen normally like any Slog 3 file..
    I'm asking for help
    Thanks in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Chris, 

Premiere Pro is attempting to display media with a wide color space (S-Gamut3 Cine) in the timeline of a much narrower color space (Rec. 709). You didn’t see this in previous versions of Premiere Pro because they didn’t recognize the S-Gamut3 Cine color space and treated the files as if they were Rec 709. 

Candidly, we did not do a great job in explaining this change. That is compounded by us not yet having tonemapping, which would automatically map a wide color space to a narrower color space. We’re working on a bunch of color management improvements right now. 

Fortunately, the fix to this is really simple and is explained very well by my colleague Karl in this video:

https://youtu.be/odwptnEhxJs

Regards,

Fergus

11. AVC-Intra 1080p60

Support for AVC-Intra 1080p60 appears to be missing from Adobe Premiere. There is no Sequence Presets for AVC-Intra 1080p60 and the framerate options for AVC-Intra stop at 29.97. Please add AVC-Intra 1080p60 support. We are using a Ross Video Tria+ playback server and would like to keep everyting AVC-Intra native.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi David,

The New Sequence dialog is a little confusing, largely because customers often don't realize that it can largely be ignored! There are a few ways to do this:

1. In New Sequence, choose any sequence option, then drag media into the new sequence. When you see the "Clip Mismatch Warning", choose "Change sequence settings". 
    2. In a project, right-mouse-button click on media and choose "New sequence from clip". 
    3. From the Project panel, drag media onto the "New  item" icon in the bottom right of the panel.  

These three options do the same thing: they create a sequence based on the characteristics of the selected media. 

We are definitely considering how to make this process simpler but for now, the options above are the best choice. Please let me know if you've got any questions. 

Regards,

Fergus

12. 'Paste' keyboard short cut bug on Mac

If I copy and paste a clip into a track using the top down menu Edit>Paste, then it will paste in the track I have highlighted. However, if I use the 'Command + V' keyboard shortcut, the clips will paste to their original track regardless of what track is highlighted. Screenshare attached of This is happening on:

Premiere Pro ver 22.5.0 (build 62)
    Macbook Pro 2021 Apple M1 Chip
    MacOS Monterey ver 12.4
    My computer and Premiere Pro are up to date. I have a 2021 Macbook pro, Apple M1 Pro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jon, 

This isn't a bug but it is actually a change - based on user feedback - regarding how we paste clips. Here's a description of what's changed: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new/2022-5.html#paste-same-track

If you'd prefer the original behavior, you can modify the keyboard shortcuts so that cmd + v pastes to the targeted track.

As you might imagine, there was a lot of discussion inside the video team at Adobe about how to make this change. On one hand, we don't like changing the default behavior of a feature customers are already using. On the other, we think that pasting a clip to the same track it came from makes more sense (even for experienced editors). We decided to rip off the Band-Aid and make paste work the way we think it always should have. 

Regards,

Fergus

13. Track targeting paste functionality broken with latest update

Previously, the lowest-numbered track that had the targeting selection toggled on (the right set of buttons on each track) would be the one that new items are pasted onto. Now when you paste, it pastes to whichever track the source clip came from.

For example, if you copy an audio clip from track 1, and then paste it elsewhere with track 3 toggled on for track targeting (and tracks 1 and 2 toggled off), the clip will paste to track 1. Before this update, it would have pasted to track 3.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Josh, 

This is actually by design in the new version of Premiere Pro. It's been a long-time request from customers to change how assets are pasted. We believe that the new behavior is the best choice, but we understand that some people may prefer how it was done previously. 

There's information about this in the What's New page: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new/2022-5.html#paste-same-track

Regards,

Fergus

14. Premiere is sooooo laggy on Apple MBPro M1 Max 64GB

For some reason (seen this on other forums) Premiere cannot handle even the simplest editing without lagging HORRIBLY on the new M1 Max on my MB Pro which is spec'd out with max memory.

Davinci handles even the most complex clips with effects and color grading flawlessly, I don't understand why Premiere is so buggy it is the biggest headache, I'm doing simple text overlays and I want to chuck the whole thing in the trash.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jon,

This is definitely not expected and not what we're seeing with most customers. Here are a couple of things to try:

1. Make sure you're using the latest version of Premiere Pro - that's v22.2.

2. Delete your media cache: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/clear-cache.html

3. Temporarily disable plug-ins and extensions by moving them out of their folder and putting them in a folder on your desktop. Plug-ins are here: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore; extensions are here: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/Extensions

You should be getting excellent performance and if not, I'm sure it's something we can help with.

Regards,

Fergus

15. Please put workspaces BACK in the top Header Bar

The 22.3 update no longer allows me to easily switch workspaces by having them in the Header Bar. This makes no sense, especially since the bar is now empty except for three buttons at the left (which are useless to me). I've spent a lot of time customizing different workspaces and it is important to have the ability to quickly switch between them while editing. I've rolled back to 22.2 but hopefully this oversight it changed soon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. m1 max 모델인데 자막 작업이 너무 고통스럽습니다

한글이 뿐만 아니라 영문까지도 자막입력시에 너무 느려져서
    작업시간이 너무 딜레이 됩니다.

절대 편집성능이 떨어지는 사양도 아닌데
    빨리좀 고쳐주세요

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. bug premiere pro 2020

bug report on premiere pro 2020: playback stop while playing on timeline and then display message: "A low-level excerption occurred in: Adobe Player (Player:11)" - then Premiere crash, and i have to force quit from force quit application. i'm working on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports), 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7,

344 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  234 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello Adobe, please wake up!!!

Before you talk about news, offer us professional and paying users solutions to the problems with Premiere, AfterEffects and Encoder. Less marketing, more craft.

Please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Text formatting when upgrading to 22.1.2

Upon updating from 22.0 to 22.1.2 you are introduced with a box that says:
    Upgrade Legacy Titles

You can now upgrade your legacy titles to Essential Graphics. Premiere Pro will create a new source graphic for each title, and all timeline instance will be replaced. Your legacy titles remain available in the Project panel.

Yes - changes all the text format (size and position) in my projects.

No - keeps the format, but once I start editing, the text goes even more incorrect. The kerning goes way off, and the text position is moved drastically.

I love the idea of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank for your feedback. Yes, we are aware that not all Legacy Titles will translate perfectly. Some characteristics simply don't exist for Essential Graphics, for example slant or distort. Other parameters are so different in both tools that they also show visible differences or cannot be converted, for example rotation. For more info please take a look here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/upgrade-legacy-titles.html

20. CAN U NOT DELETE MY [STUFF] OUT OF NO WHERE

I put so many hours into a video and it magically disappears, iv looked thru all my Auto-Save files and I searched the project name and nothing found and I know I saved it mutable times..... so please take note of my idea. or I will take my business else where and switch to final cut pro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

From your post, it’s unclear whether you mean that your project file, or your media file(s), have gone missing.

PPro doesn’t delete .prproj files, or media; both actions would need to be performed, from your OS.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base