Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Responsive timing bug in 14.1.0 (Build 116)

Hi there,

I'm creating responsive timing mogrts for a client, and the protected regions work beautifully except for one comp. It does not have audio, and I have tried looking into the description.json of both a working and a non-working example but there are no discrepancies there it seems.

The mogrts are created with AE 17.0.6 (Build 35) and used from Premiere 14.1.0 (Build 116)

I have tried the new reset duration option, but it makes no difference.

I'm attaching the two mogrts to this report. The txt file ending should be removed before opening.

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Resolved  ·  14 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dynamic link live text broken in 14.0.1

The update to PPro 14.0.1 has broken the ability to edit live text in dynamically linked AE clips within Premiere. Video of the bug attached.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Y’all!

I’ve been sitting on the news of this fix with bated breath for what feels like an eternity. We’ve gone live with the latest release of Premiere Pro version 14.0.2 and Live Text Template workflows are back in action!

Apologies for the disruption in your workflows and thanks so much for your patience!
    Dacia

3. Mogrt Responsive Design Time bug

The Setting: I am a motion designer that has made a Mogrt template in After Effects for an Editor to use on long form content in Premiere. in AE, I animated an Intro and Outro for the template and created protected regions around the keyframes and the beginning and end of the comp. At first it was working as intended: when the Editor uses the template in Pr, he can lengthen and shorten the template as necessary without effecting the intro and outro animations.

The Problem: The Editor has found over time, when revisiting the project file, or even letting…

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update 2020:
    Thanks to great information from users, we were able to nab what appeared to be the true root of the issue, a problem with the timing getting wiped from the project if no explicit interaction had been made with the timeline (like muting or unmuting a track).

If you head over to the Creative Cloud Desktop App and navigate to the Beta Apps section, you can download the Beta version of Premiere Pro (any version after 14.6 × 46) and the fix should be in!

Please let me know if the issues still occur for you, though. We want to put this one away for good, and are hopeful this time. Those zombie bugs are wild though!

The Reset Duration option is still available if needed as well.

Cheers,
    Dacia

4. "MOGRT" スライダー制御の値を変更しても値が変わらない。

"MOGRT" スライダー制御の値を変更しても値が変わらない。
    下記の条件に全てあてはまると再現します。
    ・元の値は小数点が含まれていて、入力した値が整数である。
    ・元の値と入力する値は、四捨五入すると同じ値の整数になる。

(例)
    元の値  (入力値)  返される値
    1.4 (1) 1.4
    1.5 (2) 1.5
    1.6 (2) 1.6

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Updating Essential Graphics Template (MOGRT) with sound always hangs at 89%

I have an AE composition with sound exported as a MOGRT that I use in Premiere Pro. I can import it and it'll display correctly. But if I attempt to Alt+Drag over an old one, the "Loading Motion Graphics Template..." gets stuck at 89%.

Pressing "Cancel" closes the popup, but the program fails to respond.

It happens every time I do this.

If I remove the sound layer it works fine.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio Hardware to recognise headphones automatically

Audio Hardware doesn't automatically recognise my headphones. Everytime i have to unplug and plug back in I have to manually change the settings to headphones. This is a pain when working in an envoirnment constant change is required.

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integrate with Amper Music API

There's this amazing AI music generator called AMPER that you can use online - it sounds really really good - but it would be so cool if it was baked into Premiere. Just like you can get stock videos and music in premiere from Adobe stock, I would love to see basically autogenerated AI music through the premiere interface.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. After Effects text disappears when changed in Premiere

After Effects text disappears when it is changed in Premiere. I've tried this on multiple PCs and the same thing happens. I've talked to support and the same thing happens on their computer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Y’all!

I’ve been sitting on the news of this fix with bated breath for what feels like an eternity. We’ve gone live with the latest release of Premiere Pro version 14.0.2 and Live Text Template workflows are back in action!

Apologies for the disruption in your workflows and thanks so much for your patience!
    Dacia

9. Productions - Project Locked After Crash

The Productions panel says a project is locked after I was working on it and Premiere experienced a random crash. I'm editing a half-hour program with 10 TB of footage, so I love being able to split up my project files with Premiere Productions to reduce the overall amount of crashes. However, this bug is pretty annoying when it says a project is locked because "zack" is working on it. I'm Zack, and I'd love to be working on it, but can't because it's locked.

Specs:
    Premiere Pro: 14.3
    Mac Pro (2019)
    16 Cores, 96 GB ram, Radeon Pro Vega…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug: AE mogrt with responsive design time does not work as expected in PPro.

I am using AE 17.1.1, and PPro 14.3.0 build 38, Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 buld 18362. I created a mogrt in AE with a protected area on the beginning and ending of the mogrt. In Premiere Pro, when I used the selection tool, the mogrt would not lengthen,and if shortened, the ending protected area is chopped off. Note that the "reset duration" item on the "graphics" menu is greyed out.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks to great information from users, we were able to nab what appeared to be the true root of the issue, a problem with the timing getting wiped from the project if no explicit interaction had been made with the timeline (like muting or unmuting a track).

If you head over to the Creative Cloud Desktop App and navigate to the Beta Apps section, you can download the Beta version of Premiere Pro (any version after 14.6 × 46) and the fix should be in!

Please let me know if the issues still occur for you, though. We want to put this one away for good, and are hopeful this time. Those zombie bugs are wild though!

The Reset Duration option is still available if needed as well.

Cheers,
    Dacia

11. Productions - Disable project-locking for media imports?

I am very excited to implement Productions into my collaborative Premiere workflow. This Adobe article describes perfectly the Media Project > Timeline Projects hierarchy I wish to implement: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/how-clips-work-inside-production.html

^ This article does NOT address how editors working simultaneously can import media into the production, in the likely event that another editor currently has that Media Project open. In order to keep ALL MEDIA in one dedicated project, I feel project-locking would need to be disabled for that project. Otherwise, editors would be constantly opening and closing the MEDIA PROJECT to import assets along the way.

MY DREAM is to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix the Default audio output for iMac Pro

On my previous iMac and my current MacBook Pro the audio in Premiere and After Effects would switch to headphones when headphones were plugged in and switch back to the speakers when I unplugged, all without having to go up to Audio Hardware in preferences and switching.

Now, on the iMac Pro that is not the case. Each time I plug in headphones, the timeline stops playing and i have to go up to preferences and audio hardware and select external headphones or iMac Pro speakers if I'm unplugging them.

I was on the phone with Apple about this as…

561 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

237 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m happy to let everyone know that today’s Premiere Pro update enables automatic audio device switching on MacOS. Choose the “System Default” sound device under Audio Hardware preferences and Premiere will automatically use whichever audio device MacOS is using.

13. BUG: Premiere 14.0.1 Playback preference changes after application restart

PP 14.0.1, OSX 10.14.6

Preferences/Playback/Audio Device - set this to Blackmagic playback.

All is good.

Leave project, restart Premiere and the Audio Device has changed to Adobe Desktop Audio.

The preference needs to not reset on application restart.

Note that this bug was in 14.0.0 but was not fixed in the 14.0.1 update. This bug has been independently verified on different Mac hardware.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Motion graphic template's outro animation stops working after reloading project

As a motion design template I use an after effects composition with responsive design segments - intro and outro. When I reload the project in Premiere Pro,the outro animation disappears and my motion graphic ends with a regular cut. This problem exists since the beginning of Motion Graphic template's functionality.

Also, this problem appears when I cut a template's clip into two pieces - each piece doesn't have a new outro/intro, but it starts/ends with a regular cut. Once I loose an intro/outro segment, there is no way to get it back, other than dropping a new template on a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi David,

I’m thrilled to finally be able to announce that the Premiere Pro v. 14.0.1 has new functionality to help resolve issues that happen when the retiming of a Responsive Time Mogrt gets out of whack.

We’ve added a new function called “Reset Duration” in the Graphics top bar menu, which will use the length of the track item in the timeline as the single source of truth for how long the Mogrt should be retimed to. So if anything ends too early all you have to do is select the Mogrt in the timeline, use the Reset Duration command in the top bar Graphics menu, and voila!

This will also work with multiple selections at a time.
    No more manual re-trimming or redundant work.
    And will work when you slice a Responsive Time Mogrt in half. Both halves will become whole when using Reset Duration.

The primary source…

15. 16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can't find crash logs for Premiere 14.1?

Hi! I wanted to see if I could get a hand finding my crash logs?

I'm in the process of developing a PR panel and it would be incredibly useful to have access to.

I've spent a lot of time researching for where I can find any sort of crash logs, but have had no success.

This path leads to a dead end for me at LogTransport. (See SS attached)
    I have hidden files turned on.

Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨[Your Username] ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Logs⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe⁩ ▸ ⁨LogTransport⁩ ▸ ⁨Archive⁩ ▸ ⁨Adobe Premiere Pro [brand version e.g.…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. bug report in pr 2020

IN WIN10: Using the Red Giant universe3.2.2 plug-in in pr2020, I can directly drag to add an effect, but when I select open dashboard in the effect control and double-click to add a detailed preset, pr2020 will instantly crash, and the new old title will cause "Low Level Exception Occurred in: Adobe Player "At this time I use GPU acceleration, when I switch to only software accelerated rendering, the material will be normal

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Premiere Pro Color mangement is needed to fix P3 iMac Pro / 5K monitors export color issues.

We need P3 monitor color management support. This is a known problem, Everyone who's bought an iMac Pro or iMac with P3 display has run into this issue after export making premiere almost unbearable to grade or even just do basic color correction in. When will Adobe address this issue, with out telling everyone to buy a $6,000 monitor or add an adjustment layer?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mogrts with protected regions created in AE are sometimes "cut off" when changed in PrPro

I have mogrts in FHD 25fps in AE and the sequence in Prpro is also FHD 25fps. Hmm.
    Ok, so what happens is that when I apply them in the sequence they always seem fine. The ins and outs works like a charm. But, (and here's the kicker) when I change the duration of the mograph, sometimes the in OR out (it's different) aren't respected and the mograph "cuts off without the animation. And sometimes, when I change the duration of tha mograph by draging it, the animation starts or stops somewhere towards the middle of the mograph (not at…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update to the Update!

Cheers,
    Dacia

Hi All!

I’m thrilled to finally be able to announce that the Premiere Pro v. 14.0.1 that was released last night has new functionality to help resolve…

20. edit Master Styles for text AFTER they have been created.

Create editable Master Styles for text AFTER they have been created.

This way, you can change your mind about a title or subtitle after the fact, change the style, and it will reflect everywhere that style is used.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base