Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 11,404 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2812 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

after looking into both technical viability and current market needs, it’s unfortunately become obvious that we’re not going to be able to act on this request in the near future.

I wanted thank everyone for the considerate and passionate discussion on this thread. This has been a great example of a meaningful conversation over a controversial subject that I don’t take for granted.

Cheers,
    Patrick

2. Please add Adobe Encore back into the Premiere Pro Package

Many people still use Adobe Encore to author DVD's. Please add this feature back in as editors depend on it. Encore CS6 was available with through the Creative Cloud app but is now gone. There are no good alternatives to Encore.

154 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Help!!! Streampix Sequence File codec integration needed please

We use Streampix to capture 2k, 4k and 8k 12bit RGB file sequences on a film scanner. Streampix recording software is good, but their color correction software is weak. So we need Premiere Pro or similar color correction software to correct and export these film scans to other mezzanine codecs.

If this codec was only supported in the Premiere Pro I can imagine that many scientific camera users would be interested
    https://www.norpix.com/support/cameras/supported_cameras.phpleast

Here is a sample of 16mm film that has been digitized to this .SEQ file(apologies for the large file size): https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak6HT6WNfRoS_QagTD6Yr3is5TuR?e=drgd3u
    d
    There are at least 1000 Streampix…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include year in the application icon

I tried searching for this, and didn't find a post, though there must be one. Please update the use Icons for all Adobe applications, not just Premiere Pro so they show the year in the icon instead of just Pr as it shows for Premiere. Sure I can hover my cursor over the app and it will tell me if it is 2019 or 2020, and I can hack each version to put my own custom icon with the info, though every update kills it. Why should 2019 and 2020 have the same icon? I often have to use different…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Your suggestion makes sense.
    However, given PPro’s increased release cadence (several per year), and the fact that Adobe has removed the year from the product names, it’s unlikely we’ll make this change.

5. FCPXML Export is Broken - Never works

The option to export a FCPXML file for project work sharing between FCPX (because captioning is trash right now in PPro not so good in FCPX either but Scenarist works with FCPX) This option NEVER works. Always errors out, I have never gotten it to work with any project, not once. You might think the xml files are written properly and I just need to change the extension, but nope, Final Cut doesn't recognize it as proper FCPXML file. Please fix this issue, I was pleasantly surprised to see this kind of interoperability only to be sorely disappointed when I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring back multichannel H264

With the MOV H264 codec you use to be able to do multichannel exports with any number of mono tracks. Now that you got rid of that, there's no way to make lo quality proxies with multichannels. I mean you have the H264 in and MP4 but you can only export mono, stereo. or 5.1. Why can't you just let the user choose the audio configuration. I would like to have a full stereo mix and an M&E stereo mix on a proxy. The audio config options for the H264 MP4 codec are really limiting.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We understand the frustration. The OS level support for these codecs is gone.

Rather than create support for older formats, Premiere Pro will continue to invest in support for popular modern formats.

7. Premiere closed unexpectedly, do you want to reopen the previous project? ..No, I want to open the project I asked Premiere to open.

Because of rampant bugs in the latest updates Premiere will sometimes close out of nowhere and you lose work (and time and money). When you reopen Premiere, selecting a specific project at launch, rather than load the specified project, it asks if you want to reopen the last one. Why? Why not just open the project I selected to open? This window is a waste of time. Again, we could walk away waiting for our project to reopen only to come back and see it's not open as requested, and instead we have a window that asks if you want…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Why = to give users a choice to not open the problematic project.

If PPro didn’t provide that choice, it’d infinitely crash on launch when attempting to re-open that problematic project.

8. Don´t upgrade applications once a year - Same chaos every year

I think that the full upgrades are released to often. One .0-verison each year is too often and has proved to be a very problematic procedure each year. Pr CC 2018 was problematic when it was released fall 2017 but today it has received several patches and works fine today.

Approx three months after the last update to Pr CC 2018 it is time for the brand new full release of Pr CC 2019 and we are back to square one once again with crashes, sometimes it won´t even launch, new bugs, etc.

We don´t need a full version each…

83 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The OS-level support upon which that support relied, is gone. While it would be possible for PPro to develop our own self-contained support for DV capture, that would preclude our work on other, current formats. We will focus our development and testing efforts on modern formats.

10. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. can you

I whant trial version for 1 project not 7 days

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Force Premiere to use XMP sidecar files

Entering file metadata on multiple clips at once seems to cause Premiere to crash for some of us. (See this issue reported almost a year ago: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/36933751-bug-entering-xmp-metadata-in-batches-causes-crash)

It seems that one way to resolve this issue might be to create a setting that forces Premiere Pro to write XMP metadata to sidecar files even if a given file format supports embedding it within the file.

Even if this issue were to be fixed, it seems like sidecar files would be less error prone and I personally would feel more at ease if Premiere wasn't altering my video files in…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Premiere Pro uses .xmp sidecar files for MXF files, and some MPEG-1 formats. We will continue to embed the XMP data in the formats which support it.

We’d rather fix the crashes you reference, than change how metadata is handled for numerous file formats.

13. FCPXML Export is Broken - Never works

The option to export a FCPXML file for project work sharing between FCPX (because captioning is trash right now in PPro not so good in FCPX either but Scenarist works with FCPX) This option NEVER works. Always errors out, I have never gotten it to work with any project, not once. You might think the xml files are written properly and I just need to change the extension, but nope, Final Cut doesn't recognize it as proper FCPXML file. Please fix this issue, I was pleasantly surprised to see this kind of interoperability only to be sorely disappointed when I…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Issue with my payment method.

My Amex card was used for over a year without problems - but it seems you have changed my payment method back to an old card that no longer exists.. Just spent an hour trying to explain the issue to a customer support person, but got absolutely nowhere..

CHANGE BACK TO ORIxGINAL PAYMENT METHOD

I don't have time for this nonsense..

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  3rd Party Software  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BRING BACK DV Capture removed in 2020

Header says it all - Why was it removed!!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support VRO files

Please support import of VRO files

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatic Label of files in bin

It would be great if I could set up a colour for the files I import in a bin, without having to select it every time

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Slower release schedule with more stable software

I would like to see a toned down release schedule with much fewer bugs going to release and much longer support for legacy project files (at least 3 years backwards compatibility) . It's very difficult to keep up in post production with so many buggy releases and project files becoming outdated so quickly.

254 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m gonna close this request as it is neither a bug report nor a feature request, and therefore non-actionable for the product team.

As I’ve mentioned in the comments section, release schedule and stability are not linked in any way, but your point about quality concerns is well taken, and the same is true for version compatibility – which is potentially actionable for us, and you can vote for it here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/34195036-please-stop-making-it-so-difficult-to-work-with-di

Thanks
    Patrick

19. I can't open Premiere pro

I wanted to switch from fcpx to premiere but unfortunately, Premiere doesn't want to launch...

The bug report is attached.

If someone got an idea...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Upgrade to Premiere Pro CC 2019 no longer supports HEVC h265

All my previous content shot in HEVC or created in AE come up as audio only. This worked in 2018. I can still save the files but Premiere Pro can no longer load or display them.

31 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base