Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DeNoise does not work with recordings from Zoom H5 Recorder

If I record from my microphone direct to audacity and export the file as a WAV 24 bit file then I can import to Adobe Premiere and use the De-Noise feature and it works great.

If I record audio from my Zoom H5 field recorder in a 48khz 24bit format (and any other format) and drop that audio file into Premiere (after copying to my local folder) the DeNoise feature does nothing. It does not show any background noise at all. It is unable to detect anything or make any changes whatsoever.

This is the file made from Zoom H5:

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Plugin freezes and has to be restarted

Platform: MacOS Catalina, couldn't test on Windows
    Version: Premiere Pro 2020 14.3.2 and 14.6.0 (beta)
    Steps to reproduce:

1. Install and run the attached plugin in ppro.

2. The plugin will freeze after 3 seconds.

We are developing a plugin for Premiere Pro and have encountered the following bug: Sometimes the plugin will freeze and has to be closed and restarted. This is usually accompanied by the plugin's renderer process reaching 100% CPU usage. We have attached a minimal plugin that reproduces the problem.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display audio track and video together in the source monitor

Displaying audio tracks and video together in the source monitor would save a lot of time when scrubbing through source footage to find the moments when the talent starts speaking. Currently I toggle the source monitor to display the audio tracks, set my IN and return back to video view.
    Attached is a Photoshop mock-up of my ideal.

448 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audio Keyframes not rendering properly

Audio with keyframes that use bezier handles don't seem to render properly. During curved fade outs, the rendered result actually increases volume and then suddenly fades out.

Timeline result is entirely different.

I'm not sure if this is a batch render bug (I'm batching sequences to media encoder), or a bezier / ease in/ ease out issue to audio keyframes. Either way, my timeline audio edit is getting distorted in the process and render...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add 90degree batch rotation for importing vertical shot videos

Videos shot vertically on DSLR cameras are recorded as 16:9 ratio. When imported to premiere, they display 90degrees sideways. There needs to be a way to simply batch rotate these videos 90 degrees to 9:16 ratio.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Wrong part of clip showing while scrubbing interpreted footage

While scrubbing through footage in the source panel that I have interpreted from 60fps to 24fps, the preview image on the source panel doesn't align with my actual location in the clip. This makes it virtually impossible to scrub through footage and set in and out points.

This is version 14.3.2. I don't remember this ever happening with earlier versions.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: if the disk PP or ME is exporting to gets full, it stops but says "export sucessfull". the file then is there but corrupt.

Bug: if the disk PP or ME is exporting to gets full, it stops but says "export sucessfull". the file then is there but corrupt.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Project Bin Set-up template

I have not come across this yet, and don't believe it's an available option.

I start each project the same way with a hierarchy of bin folders to maintain organization.

01 sequences
    02 footage
    03 music
    04 Graphics
    05 dynamic links
    etc.
    I would love to be able to open a new project and automatically launch these bins every production. Can these be added as a custom project start-up. ****, I had that ability with Sony Vegas 10 years ago.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere Pro 14.5: Rendered Playback Issues

Rendered playback set to FULL resolution does not always actually playback at FULL. Often drops to 1/2 or less frame rate and stutters.

Need to stop and restart playback numerous times for the software to actually engage full resolution playback.

Timeline is set to ProRes422 1920x1080.

Happens with both single GPU and with eGPU.

iMac19,1 with Vega48 with 128GB RAM, 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel i9.
    macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2).
    RX5700XT is the eGPU when in use.

This is NOT a drive speed issue. All drives connected are SSDs with minimum 450MB/s speeds. Scratch drive is NVMe with 2000MB/s. System drive is…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 117 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Premiere Pro 2020 hangs when opening project

PP CC 14.5 on a new Mac Pro hangs when opening a project. New project does not hang, but if I quit and try to reopen that project, it hangs, too. No crash report is generated when I force quit.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Time Remapping bug - click location for keyframes on clip in timeline is higher than it should be

Instead of clicking on the band I have to click over the white part of the clip to create a keyframe or change the speed. For other effects/settings this bug doesn't occur, and I can click on the rubber band.

Have tried to reinstalling.

Macbook Pro 2019
    PR 14.3.2

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Scrubbing issues - Showing incorrect portion of footage

I am having series scrubbing issues after interpreting footage.

When I interpret 8bit .mov 60fps clips to 24fps from the GH5, the footage becomes completely useless. I can no longer scrub the footage and see the actual portion of the clip. The viewfinder shows the incorrect frame. Also, speed ramping interpreted footage completely breaks the clip and it no longer plays back successfully. I have to delete and then reimport the clip.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. fix closed captions

It's 12:01AM and I would have been finished with my edit hours ago if it were not for the numerous bugs related to closed captions. I'll just list one here: edits in the captions are not reflected in the program monitor. I can create a new caption or change the timing of a caption, and it will not be shown when I play the video. I can delete words and the captions will not re-center themselves (okay, that's a separate bug, but worth mentioning here too). And sometimes the formatting is just completely wrong. The spacing will be too tight…

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG: Dynamic link between PR and AE broken with April 2020 release

Here's the bug description (I copied a post by alekseyg79178945 in the Adobe Support Community - he explains it very well):

"The current situation is as follows: I have a Premier project in which there are several dynamic links to 3 different AE projects. The first type of links to 3D animation, the second type of links to text animation, and the third type of links to 3D animation in AE. Until the April update, everything worked fine.
    After the April update in Premiere, the project links are loaded from only one AE file. The rest of the AE files…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Premier Pro is Crashing (PC overheating/Memory overflowing)

What the **** is happening with Premiere Pro?
    Ive been using it for about 2 months, and until 3 weeks ago, it started to OVERHEATING AND MEMORY OVERFLOWING!!!!!
    WHY?
    FIX IT!!! IM PAYING FOR THE MOST USE APP IM USING IT!!!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Universal shortcuts

It makes sense for some keyboard shortcuts to have effect only when a particular pane has focus.

Others should have universal (or near universal) effect.

Timeline zoom in/out should be active all the time - regardless of which pane might have focus - FCP7 has a special pair of keys - Avids timeline zoom is universal

The comparison shortcut only has effect when program monitor has focus. Very annoying, should be universal - especially from lumetri and timeline panels.

Mark clip is universal - which is annoying as it should depend on source/program selection (like mark in/out clear in/out)

Add…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add keyboard shortcuts to toggle source track selection to match target track toggle

I can toggle target tracks individually (V1,A2 etc) with the keyboard but not source tracks. Seems to be an oversight to me.

Coupled with Autopatch this really speeds up track patching in Avid: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sy71wfce2tksgbg/detailed%20autopatch.mp4?dl=0

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable Baseline Snapping for Scale Graphs and Value Graph for Position Keyframes

It is really essential to have a baseline enabled for both value and speed graphs of the Scale motion property that we can snap to in the effect controls panel.
    Also necessary to have a value graph added to Position motion property in addition to the speed graph.
    In other words, value and speed graphs for properties inside the effect controls panel should work exactly like they do in after effects

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base