Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. slow file menu

Anyone have an idea why, when I click the File menu, it takes at least 5 seconds to open? The Export sub-menu also takes 5 seconds.

Premiere Pro v14.3.2
    Dell Precision 7750
    i9-10885H CPU
    128GB RAM
    Quadro RTX 5000 16GB VRAM

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PROBABLE BUG: Insert/Overwrite greyed out, shortcuts not working

After the most recent update, the options to insert or overwrite clips into the timeline from the source monitor are greyed out and thus also the shortcuts don't work anymore. I tried closing and reopening the project, restarting Premiere Pro, resetting the settings cache and creating a new timeline, none of which was successful. More details in the screenshot. Am I missing something here?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug Report (Crash): Pr2020 (14.0 and 14.0.1) - Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules (OSX, MacPro 2013 with Dual D500)

PR Pro 2020 suddenly stopped working (as of January 15 2020).
    It shows the splash screen and goes through some loading stuff (very, very, very slowly).
    Finally an error message pops up saying „Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules…..“ and crashes.

I already tried resetting caches and preferences, reset the NVRAM and PRAM, removed every single plugin I had, uninstalled and reinstalled PR but to no avail.

I have PR Pro 2019 installed alongside and it is working just fine (lucky for me I could downgrade some of my PR projects so I could continue working…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Visual cue to know which parts of a Lumetri effect have already been modified

When going back to a clip to adjust its Lumetri settings, there's no way to know which of the 6 categories or 6 subcategories have been previously adjusted, short of twirling them open one by one to see if anything has been changed. The lack of a visual indicator to show which categories have been adjusted is especially frustrating when working on a clip that has several instances of Lumetri. For example, if a user adjusted 'Curves' on a third instance of Lumetri, the user might end up twirling open and visually inspecting the 'Curves' category of all three Lumetri…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lumetri Color Wheels, Glitches/Artifacts BUG

Bug

I noticed glitches and artifacts after updating to Premiere Pro v14.3.0.
    After disabling Lumetri Color Wheels glitches disappeared.

Im running Windows 10 Pro 2004
    Ryzen 3900x
    geforce 1080ti (451.48)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Vertical scrolling over the complete timeline

Please get rid of the “division bar” between video and audio tracks so when you scroll vertically it works over the whole timeline or maybe implement a checkbox in the settings where you could activate or deactivate this behavior.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable Baseline Snapping for Scale Graphs and Value Graph for Position Keyframes

It is really essential to have a baseline enabled for both value and speed graphs of the Scale motion property that we can snap to in the effect controls panel.
    Also necessary to have a value graph added to Position motion property in addition to the speed graph.
    In other words, value and speed graphs for properties inside the effect controls panel should work exactly like they do in after effects

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. playback

playback lag in version 14.3.1 and 14.3.2
    all my projects were playing fine, but with this version, jkl playback often have a 4 seconds lag, even at 1/8 quality. Had to revert to previous version 14.3.0 and the playback is perfect with this version.
    rtx 2080
    64g ram

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere not starting on MacPro / Catalina

Premiere Pro 2020 never worked on my brand new Mac Pro.
    Found out that I had to change Privacy setting - which I did, with no results.
    Even changed it to have Full Disk Access - no result.
    Reinstalled, but when I start it,
    the icon bounces for a white, splash screen shows, and then it disappears/quits without any message.

All other Adobe apps install and run well.

Any ideas what to try next?

Mac Pro, 10.15.8 / 96GB / 3,2GHz 16-core / AMD Radeon Pro Vega II

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keep transition effects already made in the timeline when replacing a clip

This is very much needed and wanted especially from all my colleagues in the news editing department. When you have set audio transitions on your clips and you want to switch out the audio in the exact length you always have to redo all the transitions. This is very time consuming.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. EGP: Automatically change back to Selection tool when exiting (Esc) text entry (just like it does in the Legacy Titler)

After typing a new title in the EGP, it's frustrating to have to press both 'Esc' followed by 'V' before the title can be moved or resized in the Program Monitor.

The approach used in the Legacy Titler is much better:
    When typing a title, hitting 'Esc' automatically exits typing AND reverts back to the Selection tool in a single step.

This is a better approach for 3 reasons:
    1. 1 step is easier/faster/less frustrating than 2 steps.
    2. MANY titles consist of a single block of text, so while the EGP's approach does make it easier for a user…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Blackmagic BRAW locks up Premiere Pro 14.4.0

When a Blackmagic Design BRAW clip is loaded into the preview monitor and in the "Effect Controls" tab, you switch to "master" to manipulate the BRAW controls everything works fine.
    However, when you have a BRAW clip in the timline and you try to click on the "master" to adjust the BRAW settings, it locks up Premiere every time.
    i7-6800K
    32GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX1080 Driver 452.06

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Proxies not working at all.

Despite them working originally, they do not even seem to be working in older projects where they did work once.

They have a watermark so are easily identified and the project window says they are 'Attached.'

Toggling using the button in the Program window does nothing.

If I move the files away and leave the proxies they do revert back, but as this is just a work around for a feature that was working before it is not optimal.

A complete uninstall and reinstall didn't work either.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BRAW looses RAW capabilities when filepath is changed.

First of all - GREAT with native support for BRAW.

My issue: When I import braw into a project, and for some reason change the path of the file - ie. changing the foldername or moving the project to another location - all RAW capabilities are lost and greyed out (BRAW-problem.png) or options are displayed as a's in the dropdown menus ("aaaaaaaaaaaa" BRAW-problem2.png). This also affects the choices and changes made in the BRAW settings, and the image is displayed as flat as when it was recorded.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Implement an option to keep partially rendered files

It would be helpful if you could keep partial render files when you cancel the render progress. Losing the “whole” progress can be very frustrating. Sometimes you just want to see the first few seconds of an effect to see if it has the impact you wished for.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect

Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect. When I use Reverb (Obsolete), Audio effect exports fine.
    Version 14.2.0 (Build 47)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. MKV Format Support

The lack of support of MKV is a real let down considering I've paid thousands of dollars to use this software.

I'd like to see support for MKV files. You don't realize the time spent that costs companies because it isn't available. Think..

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Premiere should assess playability of media on import and ask to transcode if slow

In almost every large documentary project I work on with huge amounts of different media there is always some bad media that causes massive playback issues, which is really frustrating when I need to work quickly.

While I like the fact you don't have to transcode everything to a native format like in Avid, therefore avoiding big and expensive workflows, I do think Premiere should assess all media upon import and tell you if it wont be able to play it back well, and if it can't then it should ask you if you'd like to transcode this media to…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Interpret Footage should have a Loop Footage Option Like After Effects

In Adobe After Effects, at the bottom of the "Interpret Footage" options, you can choose the number of times you would like the footage to loop. This is not available in Premiere Pro and should be.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base