Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to "Freeze Pane" video / audio tracks in timeline

FCP7 allowed users to 'freeze' a number of video and/or audio tracks in their timeline, keeping them always in view even when they scroll down or up to see other tracks layers. This is extremely useful when doing mixing with lots of layers of audio (sounds effects and music), when you want to always be able to see the dialogue in A1 and be able to mix around it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. import edl

Hi there,

I am looking for a way to tell Premiere to link to the media already in the project when importing an edl.
    Currently, when I import an edl in Premiere, it creates a folder with the media offline and the sequence so I have to relink the media. In most cases I already have the media I need in the project so it would be great to have a way to link the media in the sequence to existing media so to avoid duplicates in the project and waste time relinking.

Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Batch Export Still Frames

I've looked this up and seen a lot of talk about Batch Exporting Frames from the past years but it's still not a thing. Would really like a way to do one or both of the following:

1. Automatically export 1 frame from from every clip in the timeline

2. Set markers where you want Premiere to export frames and then have it automatically export those frames.

Doing it one by one for big projects can be a pain. This would be useful for a lot of reasons but I'm looking to work on color correcting stills from the project where things…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Problems with DJI X7 Cinema dng Sequences

Premiere is not debayering cinema dng sequences captured with the DJI X7 properly. See attached still, and note the magenta cast and log-like color space. After Effects, photoshop, and Davinci Resolve are all rendering the image perfectly. This issue is with Premiere alone.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Your customer service sucks. Waiting on the phone 50 minutes now. You can call me to pay but you cant help me resolve issues?

You guys are terrible. Not paying. Declined payment options to you until you resolve my issue. Please call me regarding it. 27 days left to pay or it expires. Then ill just go buy sony vegas. Lose a customer or help a customer. Your call

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bring back the x to close panels / bins

In one of the recent updates the x on bin and panel tabs disappeared forcing me to right click and select close panel to close an opened bin within the project panel or window that is open that I want to close. They exist in After Effects, why take them away from Premiere?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Changing Framerates Workflow

For example, when changing the Framerate of an Sequence you have to go manually thru the Timeline as certian Effects like the "Warp Stableizer" needs to recalculate its data, It would me handy to have the option to do that for all at once as i most not touching the general settings after an change from 23,97 to 54,94 FPS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fullscreen in Multicam mode

On mobile, when no second monitor is available, the program monitor in multicam mode should be switchable to full screen, With available cams on the left and output on the right, like in program monitor when in multicam mode, just bigger!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug: "Render Entire Work Area" causes Premiere to crash

After updating to 12.1, Premiere will randomly crash when rendering the work area. I am fairly certain this is a software bug. The Rendering Window stops showing progress, and Premiere becomes unresponsive, however the progress bar in the Mac dock (where the icon is located) indicates that the program continues to render. Additionally, new render files are created in the Premiere render folder. Premiere hangs once the render reaches 99%~ and I must force quit the program. I am reporting this bug, because there is no option to send the crash report natively within Premiere. This bug occurs fairly often…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Trying to import a .psd file after doing an update. I keep getting a generic error.

Updated Adobe Premier Pro from Creative Cloud. Opened a current project. Tried importing a .psd file and keep getting a generic error. I tried changing the name of the file to not include an underscore as I read there was an issue with that a while back. I have moved the file to a different drive still no luck. I have closed and re-opened Premier, still no luck. "Generic error" doesn't help correct anything! Need help!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option to remove existing effects when pasting attributes

When I copy effects from one clip to another, I often want to replace the effects in the destination clip rather than add additional effects. (Updating color grading for example.) Currently, pasting attributes will only add the effects. So I have to first remove attributes every time.

I suggest adding an option in the paste attributes box that will remove existing effects before applying the new ones.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make a typewriter effect native to Premiere

You can use a typewriter effect in After Effects but it seems like such a simple one to implement into Premiere and saves having to use that system if people don't have it or it complicates the workflow.
    Also add an optional blinking line option to the effect

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Space Bar Preview in Project Panel

I know we have a tiny little preview player at the top of the project panel (which is pretty useless) and we have the source window media can be dropped into, but it would be really convenient to just hit the space bar on an item and see a larger preview window pop up playing back that media. The ability to arrow through that media using the keyboard arrows without that larger preview window closing would also be very handy.
    Just like file previewing can be done in Mac OS using the space bar and arrows buttons.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dissolves don't fully complete when clips are on different layers

Dissolves work fine when both clips are on the same layer. They don't work properly when one clip is above the other(s) and essentially fading to transparent.

If both layers are meeting on the same layer, there is a smooth transition from one to the other. If the transitioning clip is on a higher layer, there is a noticeable jump between the final frame of the transition and the first frame after the clip has ended (I'm talking about a dissolve out here, the same is true for in).

It's not always possible to have the clips on the same…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix the RGB parade and improve the scopes

Currently the RGB Parade bounces auto-scaling itself to fit the range of the current frame. This makes it incredibly hard to use while playing and more so, super distracting. It would be better if it could be set to a customisable range with upper and lower limits, so that it stays fixed in place and doesn't move around.

I also want more control of how the scopes are displayed, if I could drag them within the scope panel it would let me set them up how I like. ATM having two waveforms/parades turned on, they are shown side by side,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Crash when moving Lumetri Scopes Panel

Hello. My idea is for Premiere Pro not to crash when moving the Lumetri Scopes panel. iMac. April update. Have tried deleting user prefs and cache folder; no help.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. VECTOR 3D TEXT

Premiere Pro should have a vector text even when had 3D effects and any kind of them.

TKS

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A simple vignette filter, please?

There's currently no simple vignette filter. You can do vignettes with the circle filter, but that's needlessly complicated. You can also so some vignetting with the Lumetri filter, but that's limited and located within a different filter, making it a more complicated filter than it needs to be if a vignette is all I want.

So why not just have a simple vignette filter? Not TOO simple, obviously, it'd be nice to have a lot of adjustment control over it. But just simple enough that I can find it by searching "vignette" and can just throw it on. I mean,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bug: Cross dissolves on black video

I have encountered a bug on cross dissolves applied to 'black video' on a track. For context, this is to create a mask to dim part of the screen. Anyway, when the seq is played, there is a brief flash at the start of the transition that shows the black video, then it disappears and fades in as normal. Based on what I've experienced, this only bugs on "in" dissolves--cross dissolves between two black video objects or cross dissolve out doesn't have the same issue.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Better Premiere file management - no relinking when you change computers

Premiere needs to be able to handle folder based projects. Many people/businesses use a folder to house a single project with all the media and render files to make the project portable and workable on multiple computers. BUT, every time you change computers you must relink media. Why can’t Premiere be taught to scan the folder that the project lives in first rather than searching drives letters or paths. It is a serious pain in the butt when projects are large and it wastes a ton of time. Avid projects work seamlessly between computers on a network, why can’t Premiere?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base