Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When putting a LUT on the Master of a video clip, it is doing really weird stuff to the footage every time I simply add a point on the curve

When putting a LUT on the Master of a video clip, it is doing really weird stuff to the footage every time I simply add a point on the curve

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Fix this

"Unsupported compression type" during import several files. My actions
    1) Imported lots of files with original filenames with success
    2) Sorted them on the timeline to understand the right order
    3) Deleted from project
    4) Renamed with Total Commander to make them more easy to classify, using simple counter in the filename
    5) Import them again
    6) 7 of 78 files didnt import, showing "incorrect compression type"

All the files are on local disk, backups with original filenames import well, what can be the problem? Screenshot included
    Camera panasonic gh4, file properties below

File Path: D:\20181113-14AKTIVISTIMANUFAKTURA!videocam1\A11.MP4…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix this

"Unsupported compression type" during import several files. My actions
    1) Imported lots of files with original filenames with success
    2) Sorted them on the timeline to understand the right order
    3) Deleted from project
    4) Renamed with Total Commander to make them more easy to classify, using simple counter in the filename
    5) Import them again
    6) 7 of 78 files didnt import, showing "incorrect compression type"

All the files are on local disk, backups with original filenames import well, what can be the problem? Screenshot included
    Camera panasonic gh4, file properties below

File Path: D:\20181113-14AKTIVISTIMANUFAKTURA!videocam1\A11.MP4…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When using 'O' to set my outpoint in the timeline, make it an option to NOT add an extra frame after my playhead.

When I use the 'I' key to set my in-point, it doesn't add a frame after or before the playhead so logically speaking, using the 'O' key shouldn't do that either. Where I mark my out-point on my playhead should be my out-point, NOT the frame after it. I understand this was built for a reason, a reason that I don't understand and isn't logical to me as well as many others whom I've seen complain about it online.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bug- you claimed to have fixed the "save-as" project window crash on the newest update,

Bug- you claimed to have fixed the "save-as" project window crash on the newest update, but it is NOT fixed. However, the temp "fix" is to simply rename your project every time you want to "save-as" (which is NOT the case in CC 2017, does not cause a crash then) or just simply use the normal "save" function.

This really needs to be addressed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Clean upscaling of static text/graphics by auto-converting to vector

A means for Premiere to identify rasterized static text/graphics that has been upscaled (causing loss in quality) and re-render it using vectors so it appears clean and lossless again.

For example. Client provides a powerpoint presentation at XVGA resolution. Text + Shape based graphics. No motion. When you scale the individual slides up to 1080, it causes a visible quality loss. However, nothing about the graphics is difficult to re-create. Basic shapes and text only.

If Premiere could identify graphics like this, and "re-build" them using vectors, that would maximize quality, and remove the need to circle back with client…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show duration of how long a project has been worked on

Just as piece of mind, it would be nice to track how long a project has been worked on

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Windows Opening Offscreen on Mac

You need to fix this. Anytime I open a bin from my project window that new window opens offscreen with just the edge visible. It's impossible to drag the window down and I have to toggle workspaces just to be able to access the window. Huge frustration and waste of time.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Batch export EDLs, XMLs, or OMFs.

As a spot editor, I'm often preparing several sequences at once for color grading, mixing, and online editing. It would be a huge timesaver to be able to select multiple prepared sequences and choose an "export as..." option for all of them. The way it is now is very time-consuming, having to choose a destination path (often the same one) for each export.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. RED IPP2 Implementation (April 2018): Major Dropped Frame Issues, Very Slow Performance Compared to v12.0.1, and Adobe Player Errors

I’ve been very excited for full RED IPP2 implementation to hit Premiere. However, when loading up older project files with footage using the Legacy Image Pipeline - I'm seeing about half the performance I did previously. A huge number of dropped frames and stuttering footage at resolution playback ratios that I haven't had issues with even the prior Premiere release (12.0.1). I’m also noticing similar performance for IPP2.

I’m running on an 18-core iMac Pro with Vega 64 and 64 GB of RAM, project playing back from a G-Speed 48TB Shuttle in RAID10. Needless to say, I’m on a fast…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Lumetri RGB Curves - Add Modifier Key options for fine-tune adjustments and constrain horizontal / vertical / diagonal movement

Lumetri RGB Curves - Add Modifier Key options for fine-tune adjustments and constrain horizontal / vertical / diagonal movement

Fine-Tune adjustment: Say using the Option key means standard mouse movement adjust setting minimal so more fine-grade adjustments can be made quickly and easily.

Constrain: Say Shift key constrains movement either horizontal, vertically or diagonally.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Batch relink with different file extension - make this option actually work, PLEASE

The ability to relink media and ignore the file extension does not work when you want Adobe to automatically link the rest of the files in the same location. It will only allow you to link one at a time. When you have transcoded media or worked with proxies in the edit and are ready to export your project for color etc, this becomes ridiculously cumbersome. Please make the toggle that is already available in the interface work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In 3 lumetri Color > Color wheel & Match : Pleas Add control by Value & Copy And Paste

In 3 lumetri Color > Color wheel & Match : Pleas Add control by Value means let us add numbers the 3 sliders
    and color wheels

also add copy and paste feature
    Thanks
    Ali Naser

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. media browser

Expected Behavior: When Importing a clip in Media Browser, stay in Media Browser. Like previous versions of Premiere Pro.

Current Behavior: Premiere switches to the Project Panel and you have to manually go back to Media Browser and scroll down to where you were.

Additional Option: In case Adobe made a conscious choice to change the behavior from earlier settings, have a setting that allows you to stay in Media Browser after import (allow users to switch this on/off)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Premiere Doesn't recognize AIF files unless .aif is in the file name

Past versions (I believe pre-2017) of Premiere used to recognize .AIF files even if .AIF wasn't in the filename itself. Now, unless .aif is in the file name, it won't recognize it as a supported file type. For example, "BestHits.aif" will import but "BestHits" won't even though they are both AIF files.

To illustrate, I duplicated at the same file and added ".aif" to the file name. In the included photos, Figure1, you can see that "Best Growl.aif" imported while "Best Growl" did not even though they are the same file, only difference is the inclusion of .aif in the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Linked renders to AEF

I have always found that if I have a dynamic linked AEF shot in a Premiere timeline ... if I render that in Premiere and then close AEF it breaks the render .. or the other way around ie if AEF is closed and I render .. just opening AEF makes the render cache break

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug - Changing workspace occasionally hard crashes Premiere

I have custom workspaces for editing and colour grading. Occasionally I'll click to switch between the two, and Premiere will hard crash without warning.

I've only spotted this in 12.1.1.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Use Ctrl+Space to open a dialogue search bar for effects similar to Video Copilot's FX Console, with one key stroke presets.

Use Ctrl+Space to open a dialogue search bar for effects, similar to Video Copilot's FX Console, with one key stroke presets.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bug: Different JPG brightness CC 2018/CC2019

There is a bug in CC2019 making images brighter. To reproduce just import a JPG, make a new sequence and export it as JPG again. Do the same in CC2018. Compare the output: The image generated by 2019 is brighter than the image from 2018.
    Actually the bug is already visible after import in the monitor. When I import the same image as PNG and as JPG in 2019, the JPG comes in brighter without adding any effects or changing any settings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bug report - No audio playback in Sequences

In newest PP 12.1.0, for some unknown reason audio playback does not work in entire sequences. The audio waveforms are still on the clips, but no audio plays. The workaround here is just to select all the clips in sequence, and copy/paste into a brand new sequence, and voila, audio works. This has happened to me three times over the course of 2 days, and it only happens after I quit a project and reopen it later. Please fix!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base