Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Relative Export Paths PLEASE!

The fact that Pr always defaults to the last export location, regardless of which project is exported from, is completely illogical. Why would a user ever want to export Project B's sequence into the last used export folder if that folder belongs to Project A, for example? (see illustration 1)

There are already about a half dozen FRs that ask for this to be fixed, however since they only offer half baked solutions, I'm posting a new FR, offering a full fledged solution.

The solution is simple:
    Provide a new 'Export' tab in the Preferences window that allows users to…

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The 22.4 worst than 15.4.5 in the Mac Studio.

I have a question about the premiere pro on the mac studio.
    Recently, I received my Mac Studio base on M1 Max, 64gb, 1tb ssd.
    When I installed Premiere Pro 22.4,
    I can’t believe this, it’s really laggy!
    It’s only editing the 1080p 60fps. When I play at normal speed, It will delay 2 seconds by pressing the play button. If I try to play it on 2X times,
    The sound was going on, but the screen and timeline were freezing.
    This is frustration…
    The Funny thing is I use back to 15.4.5, Everything was smooth with no problem.
    If…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Generating captions from an imported non-timecode transcript

Adobe's captioning tools have improved enormously. Thank you! But we'd love to see a feature that allows captions to be made from a non-time-coded transcript file. In other words, to have Premiere Pro perform the timings from supplied text. YouTube lets you do this – paste in a transcription and then let it assign timings and give you back a .srt file.
    Please enhance Adobe's captioning smarts with this feature!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. TRACKING TITLES Premiere 22.4

Currently, there is a text setting called TRACKING on the graphics panel. This is a good feature. BUT... Where is the possibility of its animation??? Enable it in the next update.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make "Activate Direct Manipulation in Program Monitor" shortcut work from Program Monitor!

Why doesn't the "Activate Direct Manipulation in Program Monitor" keyboard shortcut work when the Program Monitor is the active window? This is baffling and completely illogical! There's no good reason this shortcut should only work when the Timeline is active.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Playhead/Playback Function - *STOP moving/Snapping timeline to playhead*

When I press Play and watch playback and Playhead moves downs the timeline and off the screen(Past the timeline preview selected area) and I stop the playback my whole timeline snaps to where the playhead ended up. Then I have to move my timeline back to where it was.

So I tried to see if I could instead of hitting stop maybe just click on Where I want the playhead to return without pressing stop but then it still stops the video play back and snaps my timeline it to where the playhead is at that moment.

I have spent…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Go back to normal UI like before. Nobody needs that crowded slow user interface, where the programm decides how to go on not the user!!!!!!!

JUST GO BACK TO WHERE IT WAS instead of implementing terrible low workflows that mix up any approved workflow disenfranchiseing the user! IT´s like the first digital cameras came out and any programmer thougt users are idiots that needs to be guided throug whatever they might do!

If you need something to work on - just adapt the user behavior from AE and make shure shortcuts in AE und PR are alle the same!!!! That would be a great job!!!!!!!!!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After Effects Dynamic Link Breaks

Since the 2021 update, every time I go to After Effects and back to Premiere, every single dynamic link for every composition pertaining to my project breaks. This isn't just exiting and restarting the program (which should no doubt be fine anyways) but by simply hitting save on After effects and switching the window back to premiere.

This bug is absurd as the compositions need to be re-linked every time and is massively infuriating.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New version 22.5 cannot import .mxf files. I had to downgrade to 22.4 again.

New version 22.5 cannot import .mxf files. I had to downgrade to 22.4 again. This needs a fix.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dual Monitor Screens

The new UI is unfortunate, and terribly inefficient. If this is the path forward that Adobe is taking, please take into consideration that many professional video editors use 2 screen setups.
    Your new IMPORT, and EXPORT UI’s do not have docable windows. This makes it more difficult to set up for a 2 monitor system.
    Even if you do make adjustments to the UI, they are not retained by the program. The EPORT page puts the split of my 2 monitors directly in the middle of the output preview. If I shift it, it will be reset next time I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. version 22.4.0 constantly recreating peak files every time project is opened

After an upgrade to version 22.4.0 of Premiere, every time I launch the application and open a project, Premiere wants to re-create/re-generate the peak (.pek) files. So, I have some projects that have new peak files for every time I have loaded the project.
    And recently, upon closing Premiere, I get a "Metadata writing in progress (194 files pending). If you quit before writing is complete, data will be lost. Are you sure you want to quit?"
    Historically, I know this has popped up from time to time for others in other versions, but this is a first for me.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Interlaced broadcast exports have severe errors on M1 macs. Even the beta versions of premiere and media encoder have the same problem.

Interlaced exports from both Premiere and Media Encoder suffer from severe encoding problems with M1 Apple Silicon macs. The resulting files have tons of encoding errors like green blocks, entire white screens, skipped or doubled frames, to name a few.

The exact same project on a Intel based mac has zero export problems.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 22.5? Sequence preview codecs defaulting to AVI or P2 instead of I-Frame MPEG

I've been helping out users on the Adobe boards as well as one of the most active Facebook groups and the issue seems to be popping up a lot with the latest version of Premiere (22.5):

On a PC, several users have reported that sequences generated by matching clip settings (by dragging them over the new sequence icon) have created sequences where the default Preview codec is set to AVI instead of the usual I-frame MPEG. Not only that, but when they attempt to render previews they get an error message indicating that the sequence cannot be rendered; it has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. emojis

Can't believe I can't type emojis in premiere pro essential graphics. It's a bit ridiculous actually that premiere doesn't support emojis in 2022

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The new update changing the export interface is not good at all.

Why would you change something that was working perfectly fine and make it horrible? You have to type in every filename manually now.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New version 22.5 - proxies are rapidly blinking on an off

When I updated to the new version of Premiere (22.5) suddenly my playback starts blinking between the raw version and the proxy version. I just downgraded to 22.4 and it's fine again. Please help!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Premiere 15.2 through 15.4 unusable with large projects on Mac Pro (2019) Big Sur

After having no issues with 15.2 on small projects, Premiere became completely unusable after about a month of working on a feature film. It really seemed like an access error, as I'd get errors like "Unable to access resource 'SErrorXlN_D@2x' (type svg)," "Error Retrieving frame XXXX at time XX," and "Unable to access resource 'CursorDataID-19 (type xml)." The errors came with frozen or black video, I could still hear audio, and it usually fixed itself after about 10-20 seconds. I also couldn't export anything no matter which renderer I used. I thought it had something to do with…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change the "Composite in Linear Color" setting for creating a new sequence to OFF by default.

Change the "Composite in Linear Color" setting for creating a new sequence to OFF by default.

When "Composite in Linear Color" is ON, the cross dissolve etc. does not work properly.

So, as the first setting (default), please turn it off.

【新規シーケンス作成の「リニアカラーで合成」設定を、デフォルトではOFFにしてほしい】

「リニアカラーで合成」がONの状態だとクロスディゾルブなどが綺麗に動作しない。

なので、最初の設定(デフォルト)としては、OFFにしておいてほしい。

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Export a timeline as a Individual Clips

Hello Everyone,

I am editing videos for stock footages. I collect the shots I took and then put them on the timeline, I export them after editing, but I have to export them one by one, it's a waste of time. If the videos in the entire timeline were automatically named and exported with one click, as in the Davinci program (individual clips), it will be easier for me and those who do stock video work, and they will not think about switching to Davinci. I want a one-click solution, please don't be tired to say other long-distance solutions.

Thank…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?