Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12644 results found

1. Bug: warp stabilizer is broken after update to v23.0. About 5-10% of clips I applied WS to show a black frame at their ends in program win.

Bug: warp stabilizer is broken after update to v23.0.

About 5% of clips I applied warp stabilizer to show one black frame at their end in the program window.

I tried exporting this part to see if it's just a visual glitch -- they won't export! An error message mentioning GPU is shown. (attached)

As a workaround, I tried extending the problematic clip by 1 frame, and putting the next clip in above layer, overlapping by that one black frame. The problem still persists! The black frame is visible through the top layer clip, which shouldn't be possible.

After playing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Styles" presets change only highlighted text instead of the entire text layer

I frequently combine text with different fonts/sizes/etc in the same layer when composing credits. For instance, one style for the role or crew position, another for the name.

In Premiere, applying a Styles preset to highlighted text changes the entire text layer, incl. unhighlighted text.

PS does this with ease using Character Styles.

If I am in need of a clue, I would appreciate some kind soul educating me about this. I've tried various approaches and I just can't get Premiere to stop changing all the text to a given Styles preset when I only want to change the highlighted…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Has Adobe lost its way with Premiere Pro ?

I have posted this within the Community Forum to see what views other users have.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-lounge-discussions/has-adobe-lost-its-way-in-positioning-premiere-pro-to-the-right-market-segment/td-p/12967567

This is a mix of Product Management / Engineering issues - but fundamentally comes down to question 'what is the prioritisation of Engineering Resources allocation for Premiere Pro now and in the future?.'
    If resources are scarce, then why waste them on recent GUI changes that in a lot of people's eyes were not exactly high priority.
    Recent changes have sparked a major outcry, but we still see stability and performance issues.

This post is meant to be constructive and not a swipe at…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Save Rectangle / Ellipse Tool Appearance

As a YouTuber who creates tutorials in pretty much every video I need to highlight things on the screen by drawing an ellipse or rectangle around it. I basically use the same appearance settings each time.

But Premiere will forget those settings while I'm working on the video or when I start a new video, and revert to a default grey shape. This means I have to keep resetting the new appearance each time.

Would be great to be able to save these appearance settings so we don't have to keep manually inputting the settings each time you draw a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. IMPROVE COMPATIBILITY WITH M1 MACS. PLAYBACK & EXPORT GLITCH

Major glitching issues in playback and exporting on Apple Silicon computers. I have an M1 24" iMac, and I've seen people with this same issue on other Silicon models. It seems to have to do with the SoC architecture of the M1 chips. Premiere is not able to fully recognize the GPU in the computer, and so it doesn't know how to properly handle the footage. This is a serious issue that creates unusable videos, and will cause many to move to FCP or Davinci if not solved. Thank you!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Essential Graphics "Copy to Library" where ist this folder

When I use "copy to library" in essential graphics there is no information where this library is located.
    I have duplicated entries in the library but the delete option is greyed out.

How to get rid of duplicated entries?
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ❗MASK TRACKING Failed | PrPro v. 23

When working with mask tracking in PrPro v. 23 when using tracking in a frame, its mode of operation fails every other time. There are times when tracking does not start and then does not work at all. There are times when tracking stops in the middle and that's it. You have to exit the program and log in again. And there is no chance that tracking will not collapse again. The most surprising thing is that if tracking is up at the time of its operation, then you cannot use the navigation buttons to re-work it. Screenshots are attached.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Issue/Bug - nVidia GPU largly ignored when rendering, previewing & creating proxies

In Adobe Premiere Pro 2022, 22.6.2 Build 2, my GPU is largly ignored and the main load put on the CPU. This is true for previewing, rendering and creating proxies with Media Encoder. This was not a problem a month ago. I've even tried different settings in Premiere, different export settings (see screenshots) and different drivers (game ready vs. studio drivers) and there is no difference.I've also searched Google up and down and tried every solution I found but to no avail. The GPU is largly ignored. This needs to be fixed as Premiere is practically unusable at the moment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Better support for vertical video

I desperately need an easy way to rotate and review vertical clips in the project folder. Some cameras import clips in the correct orientation, but many do not, and even when they do, they are often upside down. Please create an easy 'ROTATE' option for scrubbing footage and organizing clips in the project panel. I anticipate over 50% of the video I will edit next year will be vertical. thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Move Captions to the bottom of the screen

It would be useful to be able to move the captions all the way to the bottom of the screen.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

133 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Split caption at playhead instead of splitting caption in half

When splitting a long caption block, Premiere will split the caption block in half, instead of where the playhead is paused at.

This means I have to figure out which word it split on, then edit the captions to match or edit the timeline to match. And sometimes it splits the caption in the middle of a word or another inconvenient place.

It would be nice to have an option where the caption splits at the playhead, because usually if I think the caption needs to be split I'm playing through the timeline and have the playhead at that point.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After last update windows v23.0.0 build 63, no videos or mogrts display anymore!

After last update windows v23.0.0 build 63, no videos or mogrts display anymore!

Everything is black. The timeline plays but it's like all video no longer displays from any file. ?????

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. premiere pro to be translated to czech lenguage

pls translate pp to czech lenguage

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please support ALL NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARD EVEN THE OLD ONE

Please continue to support ALL graphic card NVIDIA even the old one and use GPU acceleration

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why is there no way to Keyframe Hue anymore?????????

One thing I used to use all the time was the effect called "hue," or maybe it was called "HSL," at any rate you could KEYFRAME hue changes.... now I see the thumb-twiddling morons at Adobe have decided to put all the hue changing options into the Lumetri curves in a race to pretend they are Resolve... Well... because I also use Resolve I DO use the hue curves to swing skin tones almost everyday... but right now I'm working on a simple graphic I'd like to keep withing Premiere and guess what... NO MORE WAY TO ANIMATE HUE AT…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. nest audio

It feels like I'm not the only one feeling the pain about that, but at some point you're gonna need to add a Nesting option for audio files. It would simplify our job so much.

It gives me a lot of thoughts about finally learning Davinci Resolve...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add "import script" to cross-reference auto-generated transcript.

The auto-generated captions feature recently added is wonderful! I look forward to seeing some of the UI streamlined in the future.

My idea is this: in the transcription menu, add an "import script" option (or call it whatever) where you can copy/paste text (preferably rich text) for the program to cross reference with it's auto-generated transcription. The program already does a surprisingly good job, but this could ensure 100% accuracy for videos with pre-scripted content. Paired with the automatically timed captions, this could be a very useful addition!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Batch Syncing Audio & Video with or without timecode

There should be a way to batch sync videos from multiple cameras and audio sources (even if they don't have timecode and even if they are in a regular sequence and not a multi cam sequence (like when shooting interviews). Doing them clip by clip on the timeline is tedious. Would love to be able to drop clips on a timeline, select all, and sync without putting every single clip on its own track.

Maybe Premiere could move clips to a new track automatically when necessary (and perhaps be smart about it so that if it does move clips to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Delete Preset doesn't work

I have some previously created presets, and when I try to delete them, they still appear in the list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base