Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

694 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

210 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers. Sometimes it even goes back to the first frame.

If this also happens to you please tell your story in Adobe Community Forums : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cc-2020-timeline-clips-shifts-after-moving-project-relocating-relinking/m-p/10923880

Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with…

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Middle mouse button to zoom/move Program Monitor image (just like in AE!)

After Effects users can zoom and move their Composition around by scrolling or click dragging their mouse's middle button.

This is extremely helpful, so why not have the same features in Premiere in the Program and Source Monitors?

Wherever possible, Adobe should strive to provide the greatest amount of compatible features between programs!

ps. Adobe rep Bruce Bullis need not respond with another silly comment as he did to decline another FR requesting the same thing: "Most users don’t have middle mouse buttons, which makes it hard for us to rely on its presence." If there's enough AE users with…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audio cross dissolve playback glitching.

Since the most recent update, I get glitching in audio playback. It happens when the playhead crosses almost any audio crossdissolve. It does not seem to effect exported video but only during playback. It makes accurate editing difficult, though.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug Report - Motion Graphics Templates from AE

Recently I've come across templates that, when using a slider to adjust size or style preference, need to be typed in for them to work or look identical. I had a template that had a slider to select which style was to be used. When using a mouse to adjust it, it would show nothing unless it was on an exact part of the slider for it to show. Typing the number in was the only way for it to show up every time. I dont think these used to do that before. It thought that they would click into…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG (v15.0): VST audio plug-ins not applied in Media Encoder exports. Fine from Premiere.

If you apply VST audio plug-ins these are then not present in your exports if you Queue them in Media Encoder. Exporting directly from Premiere they're used as expected. The output format doesn't matter, neither video or audio files use the plug-ins if you use Media Encoder v15.0

Re-scanning the audio plug-ins in Premiere doesn't fix this problem.

The problem has been confirmed on two different Macs.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add support for different fonts and small caps within text in MOGRTs

We need a more complete set of styling options for Motion Graphics Templates. Most importantly, we need to be able to change fonts and add small caps within text, so that words can be emphasized with font weight and italics. These are often necessary for quotation templates because there may be things that require italicization, such as book titles. Also there can be a need to small caps some words, like the Hebrew tetragrammaton "LORD" in religious programming. These should load true small caps if the font includes them.

Those are the things we really need. Being able to change…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Premiere pro 15.1 completely unusable. Opening any project causes 100% cpu usage until the system crashes

Running a system with an AMD 1950x Threadripper, RTX 3090 and 128gb of ram.
    Premiere 15.0 and 15.1 are completely unusable for me, upon trying to open any project Cpu usage will spike to 100% and make the whole system extremely laggy (Task manager goes non responsive, mouse is 10 seconds behind on movement)
    This 100% cpu usage goes on forever till either the system freezes or i somehow manage to force close premiere.
    Same projects take 5 seconds to load in Premiere 14.9

Really would like to use the new features with Motion graphics templates introduced in premiere 2021…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Update turned all my video blue

Updated to Premiere Pro 15.0 build 41, and it turned all of my canon.mxf files blue! The original footage is not blue of course, only when I am in premiere. Old projects, and also when I create new ones. HELP!!!!!! Say no to the smurfs!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create single Multicamera Source Sequence while syncing with audio

At the moment you can only use “Create single Multicamera Source Sequence” while syncing with timecode and the metadata of “Camera Label” and “Camera Angle”. In our production environment it would be very helpful if we had those same options while synchronizing using audio because if you synchronize your clips via audio and want to use them in a browse sequence, it sadly loses its multicamera properties.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please port BEAT DETECTION to Premiere Pro.

Adobe Premiere Elements has beat detection. Why not Premiere Pro?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Captions

Some tweaks to new captions workflow:

Auto move end point of captions to just before next caption (fill the gaps).

Being able to add transitions.. or being able convert captions into text assets so transitions can be added

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use Previews not working in Premiere Pro 2021 (15.2)

The "Use previews" option in Premiere Pro 2021 (v15.2) on MacOS doesn't work in all cases. It seems to work when exporting in the same codec as the timeline, however, if I export a rendered ProRes timeline with loads of effects in MP4, Premiere don't use the previews to convert to MP4, instead it all re-renders the effects to export to MP4. Very annoying and it wasn't the case in Premiere 2020

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need ability to export transcripts, and subtitles

Ability to export transcripts and subtitles to a document. Then a content editor can fix names, spellings and punctuation that Adobe speech to text misses.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug: Premiere 15.2 Import failure of Autel Evo2 Pro 4k

Autel Evo2 Pro video (4k 30p H.264) imported in 14.9 fine. In 15.2 I receive "File Import Failure" Unsupported compression type. I completely cleared my cache to try to fix it. No luck
    MediaInfo details:
    General
    Complete name : V:\28182 Las Brisas Del Mar\MAX_0170.MP4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media
    Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
    File size : 575 MiB
    Duration : 46 s 34 ms
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 105 Mb/s
    Writing application : Lavf58.20.100

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L5.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Do NOT discontinue the LEGACY TITLER. Just DONT. LEAVE IT ALONE!

The legacy titler is simple and easy to duplicate and to change. it is clear and obvious. DO NOT delete it PLEASE.
    Learning the new unstable, complicated and unwanted titler tool is a waste of energy for thousands of we users. Please please find a way of saving the titler tool.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to delete all media cache after updating to new version

Editors are advised to delete media cache before updating to a "major" new version of Premiere Pro. An option to delete these files ahead of updating or beginning a new project is the request.

Currently, an editor would need to open Preferences to handle this, so the request fulfills a "reminder" for best practices.

A checkbox in the Update Project dialog box might be a good place for this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BUG: Essential GFX and Captions incorrect font quotation glyphs

My company has a proprietary font, wherein the quotations and apostrophes appear rounded (just like commas with a different placement) when typed into the program monitor. But when the same text is either typed into the Essential Graphics panel or generated by srt import for stylized captions, the same symbols appear as solid rectangular blocks. I think there is some kind of rule within the font's metadata that substitutes the comma's svg for quotations in most use cases, but is overlooked by Essential Graphics and Captions. It's really become a huge inconvenience and time sink to correct for it. It…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. label view gone since Pr 14.6

I use label view in the Project Window since always.
    Now the labels are gone.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. HEVC export from Premiere Pro version 15.2 is lacking Mastering Display Metadata, compared to export from version 14.0

I have been testing HEVC export for HDR10 workflow from Premiere Pro. With video files exported from version 14.0.0 the Mastering Display Metadata is included as 'side data' in each video frame. With video files exported from version 15.2.0 there is no 'side data', despite using the same export settings. Could this be a bug, or are there new setting/options in version 15.2.0 to support the export of HEVC with Mastering Display Metadata for HDR10 workflows? Kind regards, Ali

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base