Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export Frame is a different brightness in Premiere 2020

In Premiere 2020, when you export a frame from the timeline it is a different brightness/grade to the original (lighter). You see the jump when you put it back into the timeline.
    I use this feature all the time and it has never been a problem in any of the previous versions.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug Report: Mouse cursor disappears randomly

I've had to force quit Adobe Premiere Pro three times today after the cursor goes missing or freezes while editing. Changing to a space other than Premiere, the mouse is responsive, visible, and works. Switching back to Premiere, the cursor is unresponsive and missing.
    Using Creative Cloud for Mac. Macbook Pro 16". Premiere version 14.0.2 - just updated 02/20/20

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. LUT paths

Please add back the feature that LUTs can be found with a relative path. I got in big trouble since the newest version of premiere (win10) does not load the LUTs in Lumetri, but still shows their name. Normally I store my LUTs outside of premiere e.g. in the project folder. These are not beeing found anymore, but the names are still displayed. That makes it more than tough working with my current or older projects.

Thanks a lot
    Wolfgang

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Premiere Pro CC 2020 Bug Report: Cannot Export H.265 from Premiere

There's a very strange bug in Premiere Pro CC 2020 where I cannot export any video using the H.265 (HEVC) video codec in the Export Settings since it always generates an error message saying "Error Compiling Movie, Out of Memory, Exporter Selector 9, Error code: 7." Now when I export my video using the Media Encoder app in encodes and exports it perfectly, but in Premiere Pro CC 2020 apparently there's a bug in the code for H.265 where it won't export it. Definitely needs to be fixed in the next update ASAP because some people have been experiencing this…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shift-dragging audio keyframes in the timeline no longer keeps audio the same level.

Selecting audio keyframes and shift-dragging them used to keep them the keyframes at the same decibel level. Now when I do this, it bumps it down a few decibels and then stays the same level.

As usual, Premiere fixes or adds one thing, and breaks another.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audio waveforms not displaying correctly

When track effects are applied, then an audio nest is created (creating new sequences from clip for multi-cam workflow or any type of audio nest), the waveforms no longer display correctly after a cut or thru-edit is made. I've attached images for reference. Both images are from the same section of the timeline (before and after the thru-edits).

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 'Paste onto same track' shortcut

Put the interview on V1, b-roll on V2, titles on V3 - track organisation finished! Not with PPro. You have to turn tracks on and off every time you paste something.

At least give us a 'paste onto same track it was copied from' shortcut.

Alternatively, when no track is selected make it the same as when all tracks are selected except that clips paste onto the same track they were copied from. Currently no-tracks-selected mode is useless (you can't even add edits with the keyboard) so you wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone.

229 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  28 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG[2020]: Lumetri Scopes panel empty / blank ...

BUG[2020]: Lumetri Scopes panel empty / blank ...

https://gyazo.com/c7cbb49ac17ee1b75dfb593395b290ef

Nothing showing when selecting clips.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Premiere Pro / After Effects: Consistent Time Stretching

Standardize the percentage property between AE and PPro. Currently:

AE: Effect > Time > Time Stretch: When you put in 50%, the clip runs at double speed and takes half the time.

PPro: Clip > Speed/Duration: When you put in 50%, the clip runs at half speed and takes twice as long.

Attached images are of a 1 second clip, both at "50%"

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Nested Audio Waveforms Incorrect

In both Premiere 2019 and 2020 waveforms of rendered audio from a nested clip are offset incorrectly in the timeline.

Sometimes they will display correctly immediately after an audio render, but after the first edit (trim, ripple, etc) the waveform is completely wrong. It appears to generated correctly but be offset by a significant amount when displayed.

This makes it impossible to use waveforms on Multicam or Nested clips if I've applied effects/gain to the audio in the nest, therefore requiring rendering.

This was working at the beginning of 2019. I'm not sure when exactly it went wrong. Thanks for…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix VFR Performance

There are are numerous threads on the Adobe Forums concerning VFR performance issues in 13.1.4. These users are seeing a large detriment when editing VFR compared to steady frame rate footage. Please fix this performance issue or post official documentation describing the issue and offering troubleshooting steps such as transcoding with open source software including Handbrake. Threads:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/11229628#11229628
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11226112#11226112
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11225930#11225930
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11217231#11217231
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/11213814#11213814
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2628833
    https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/35095813-please-improve-variable-framerate-support
    https://www.reddit.com/r/premiere/comments/cvb9v5/videofootageisbufferingandglitchingin/ey35gss/

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. File>Export>Media - Nothing happens

This happens across all 3 computers I use premiere on. Intermittently, but more often than not when I go to File>Export>Media the export wizard never shows up. I have to keep exiting and reopening premiere until it works.

This has been ongoing as an issue for years across multiple versions of premiere pro. Please fix this!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ENHANCEMENT: New Bin Encloses Selection

In After Effects, when you have multiple assets selected and select New Bin, the selection is placed in the new bin.

It's a fantastic time-saver when you're sorting assets, and it would be lovely for Premiere to match that behavior.

Behavior:
    1. Select a set of clips you'd like to bin.
    2. Press New Bin.
    Result: When the New Bin is created, the selection is moved inside the bin (if the selection is more than one clip)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adobe Lumetri CC

A Concept & Prototype for a professional Color Grading Application we wish to be added to the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, to complete the Audio & Video Package.
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/67706495/Adobe-Lumetri-CC-Prototype

320 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  67 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The ability to decide whether to keep or delete a render

if I run the render "in/out render", the only way to exit is to hit the "cancel" button.
    If I press "cancel" all the rendering done up to that moment, it is canceled.

Tt would be very useful to introduce the possibility of deciding whether to completely cancel the render or cancel the render from the point where you arrived forward (keeping the render up to that point).

A button to decide whether to keep the rendering done or cancel everything.
    Now you can only go out and erase everything, which is meaningless.
    It would be useful to have the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Warp stabilizer

Warp Stabilizer needs to be able to automatically adjust to different resolution footage inside of the same timeline. I waste an obscene amount of time manually nesting footage, going into that comp, resizing the nested sequence to match the clip, and then applying warp stabilizer, and then going back to my original timeline, and then scaling the nested sequence to this sequence size. Its a massive hassle and waste of time. Build a feature that allows it to do all of that automatically in the effect panel.

614 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What you’re suggesting would lead to a full on revision of the feature – therefore I’d like to ask a couple of additional questions:
    what kind of footage do you usually try to stabilize with the Warp Stabilizer? And how much tweaking of the settings do you do on average?

Thanks
    Patrick

18. Premiere Pro does not fully kill its process when closing on Windows

On the latest Windows 10 OS and Premiere version, when closing the premiere application, it does not kill the premiere process. The window will close but the process is still active and taking a large chunk of memory (viewable in Task Manager). To fully kill the premiere, you have to end the process via task manager. A new premiere window cannot be opened unless it is killed fully via task manager.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Give label colours less stupid names

Go in the street and ask someone what colour "Cerulean" is. Or "Iris". Or Caribbean".
    What was the process for coming up with these names?
    You have normal colours in there too (like 'Green') so why not just call dark green 'Dark green'? so when I'm customising my keyboard shortcuts (or another editor is telling me which label to look for) I can know what colour it is by looking at it with my eyes?

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Premere 14.0 BUG: Distorted Videos during playback

I'm having this strange problem with the newest release of premiere pro.
    Im usiging a 2080ti and AMD Ryzen 1800x with 32Gb ram.

You can see that one image is distorted this happens only in playback but is pretty annoying since i can't edit with accurate results. Please Fix this

You can clearly see the bad shadow in "Hello4" photo

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base