Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Merging Proxy Files on Timeline/Media Browser

Proxies that have reached a maximum data limit in camera will often times be broken up into several pieces of the same clip. When editing with the intent of relinking footage to the RAW data later, Premiere Pro should have the capability of merging clips together, as to be able to relink without needing to create a nested sequence (that cannot be relinked). This will help avoid any issues with FX changes, or color timing needing to be matched all within the same clip/sequence later on.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. (BUG) Fix bins graying out

x hours after starting to work, All the custom bin search bars randomly turn gray, you need to premiere to get them visible again. This is way after having loaded in all the assets. I have never encountered this happening in Premiere 2017

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow L*a*b* -values in Color Picker

Hi,

Photoshop has an excellent color picker that allows user to input Lab*-values and then converts those values to a corresponding RGB-values based on the color profile of your working space (in Premiere Pro this should be Rec. 709). Similar functionality would be great addition to Premiere and extremely useful when dealing with brand colors.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Uploading/Downloading user settings to cloud shows date of last activity

It would be great if when one goes to upload or download settings from the cloud, the date/time of the settings on the cloud is indicated... or that the information is at least shown in the cloud app. At times I've wanted to trash my preferences, and re-download my settings from the cloud, but was afraid I had made keyboard/preference changes since the last upload. It would be helpful to at least know when they were last updated.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix Premiere importing Arri ALE files...

When I import Arri ProRes footage through the media browser or through file > import in Premiere 2018 12.1, it imports the Arri ALE files but they come into premiere as offline files. It makes it very annoying to have an offline file next to every video clip in a bin.

This didn't happen in 2017 or even the old 2018 version.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. export from 4k project (Proxy 1080)

Hello,

Concerning the proxy format it is hard to believe that in the year 2018 Adobe Premiere Pro CC can’t have a build in preset for creating 1080 proxes. We are in 4k video world, editing-zooming 720 proxes is not the way to go.
    Before the latest update we didn’t have any problem of creating and using 1080 proxes in our editing workflow. What happened since 12.1.1 version ?

The other improvements are great, specially the colour match and better synchronisation for building multicam stems.

Best Regards
    Jef

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make render linking more efficient - or at least allow re-linking

I've been having a lot of problems with render linking after closing and re-opening projects. I open a project and watched PPro build the render in the designated folder next to the project. Close the project and re-open it and it found the render fine. Close Premiere pro and re-open it and then the project - found some of the renders - but not all. Closed PP a second time and re-opened it - no renders at all. Tried this a couple of times with other projects saving all the time - same results.

It's not a deal breaker, just…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show current field

When jogging between fields (currently only between field 1 / field 2 - should really step to previous/next field, even if on different frame) - some indication that we are on field 1 or field 2 (small 1 or 2 top left of frame?)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. +1 for bug-fixes... I've gone back to CS5.5 to work on 46 fps video because the latest version just doesn't handle it well at all.

Current version of PP does not handle 46 fps AVI file - seems to skip and repeat bits of the video during playback making it impossible to synchronise with other video feeds.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Audio on track not linkable even though in project folder. Solo & unsolo does not help. Why?

After reopening a project, the audio file is there but not linked. It won't give me the option of "reveal in project or reveal in explorer". They are greyed out. The audio file is in the project folder. I tried the solo and unsolo, does not help.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow clips to have an 'anchor' when synchronising

Often when I'm syncing two clips (one on video 1 and the second on video 2), once the audio sync is done, it will move the V1 clip along to match up with the V2 clip (which remains in the same spot). This can be super frustrating when the stuff in V1 has been set up perfectly and am just trying to slot in the new clip in V2 to be in line with it, but now the V1 clip has just overwritten something else in that part of the timeline.

You should be able to anchor any clip you…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sticky Clips

Similar to the 'Group' option Sticky clips merely keeps clips grouped but selecting a clip does not default to selecting all clips. Moving a clip in the 'Sticky' clips groups still moves the clips in the group.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG: lumetri auto button not working when used from adjustment layers

BUG: lumetri auto button not working when used from adjustment layers in 2018 version.
    I've always applied lumetri color from an adjustment layer for convenience. After applying the effect I usually start by hitting the auto button in the basic correction drop down, then adjust from there. Always worked like a charm. I updated to the 2018 version today and now that doesn't work. All of the other adjustments in the effect work from the adjustmnet layer, but hitting the auto button has no effect on the video layer under it.
    Do I really have to apply the effect directly…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Integrate a 3D tracker

You should track an object to attach some basic 3d objects or titles to it

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. color panel crash

I am sure this has been suggested already but the constant crashing when switching to the color panel is totally unacceptable considering this is a long-standing issue that has been reported many times prior to this latest update.

Why this has not been addressed, I don't know but it is essentially rendering the software unusable for myself and my organisation (and many others I would assume) are now having to seriously look at alternatives - something that I honestly did not think we would have to do over a software bug.

This needs to be addressed. It's laughable that you…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option to remove existing effects when pasting attributes

When I copy effects from one clip to another, I often want to replace the effects in the destination clip rather than add additional effects. (Updating color grading for example.) Currently, pasting attributes will only add the effects. So I have to first remove attributes every time.

I suggest adding an option in the paste attributes box that will remove existing effects before applying the new ones.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Batch ReLinking Media: Only getting audio files FIX THE GLITCH!!!

I now have to individually relink every clip because when I batch relink, every video clip after the first one only relinks the audio. It is so bizarre. This has never been an issue until the most recent upgrades to Premiere, and I don't get it. Fix the glitch!!!!!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Closed Caption issue on 708 and 608

I use Maccaption and Caption Maker to produce Closed Caption.
    When I import the .MCC file in premiere, there are some problems. Like:

When I select 608 CC in premiere, some accents are lost, for example: "por quê você" It appears like this in Premiere "por quê voc". When I select 708 CC it loses the positioning made in Caption Maker. Lines on bottom appear on top, lines in right appears on left. I don't know ow what to do anymore, I asked Telestream support, but they say that is a issue is Premiere Pro, Adobe doesn't give any answered.…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 12.1.1 Build 10 - BUG TO FIX

• Audio and video usage drop down menus don't always drop down.

• Premiere sometimes freezes when rendering.

• Solo audio tracks needs toggling to hear audio when a project is opened and sometimes randomly while editing.

• Search box in project window doesn't accept any input.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to Add/Subtract Label Colors in Preferences Window

I don't like using a lot of label colors beyond the default colors. Please allow me the ability to add or remove as many as I want.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base