Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UI becomes unresponsive after 14 minutes of proxy processing

On two different OS X systems, I get Premiere hanging just under 15 minutes in after I begin processing Proxies. This occurs for 4k content where the original source is either MXF or MP4.

Adobe Media Encoder's UI becomes unresponsive with a beachball, yet the encode does continue in the background.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Feature Request: Fuzzy search through effects

I'd like to search for effects with my left hand only. For example I often search "cross" for audio fades, "war" for warp stabilizer, etc. However, all dissolves are not findable easily when having your left hand on the keyboard only. I'd like to introduce fuzzy searching here, such that I can write: "dssve" (which are the characters of dissolve under my left hand).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding a Pause button for voice-over recording

All voice recording equipment or voice recording methods have the ability to Play, Record and Pause. There should be a "Pause Button" for the "Voice-Over Recording" in Premiere Pro. I could not believe there is no "Pause Button".

What happens while people are recording and they need to get up for some reason. It would be nice to be able to Pause the recording then pic up where they left off.

What happens when people are recording and they loose their train of thought of a second. It would be nice to able to quickly pause the recording.

It seems…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Track mixer plugin

1- Apply an effect to one of the audio track.
    2- Double-click on the effect. It open a window with the interface of the plugin.
    3- Resize the window to make it bigger or smaller.

Result: The window becomes bigger or smaller, but the plug-in's size doesn't change.
    Expected Result: The plugin's interface should become bigger or smaller when the window is resized.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. videos don't load in full (as a bug) so impossibility to finish the project

when I download new videos in the source monitor, the video does not load in full. It is like on the spot, while when I open it outside adobe they work very well. These sequences come from the same devices, and previous videos were loaded very well. No problem reading the rush .. I do not know where it can come from! Thanks for your help !

Laura

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG - New Version of Premiere Pro 2018 freezes but system says the program is still running

Your software is buggy. I can not change the scratch file drive location. When I load a new project file, all of the controls are unresponsive and beep when I attempt to access them.
    There seems to be a problem with linking to media encoder.
    The only way I can recover is to exit the program using task manager and then shut down and reboot the computer. Then I can restart Premier and load a working project file while loosing previous work.
    This is totally unacceptable. The problem did not exist on the previous version. The person who authorized release…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "automate to sequence" should not ignore track targetting

if you drop a clip into the program monitor to perform an overwrite edit, it respects track targeting, but if you click on a clip from the project and and select "automate to sequence" it only will place audio on the first track.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Main state of program monitor after restart

PP 2018 loses the state of the program Monitor after a restart. e.g. Multi camera view resets to Composite monitor.

As PP is not THAT stable and requires all-too-frequent restarts, it should at least maintain state over a clean application close and open.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. merged clip greyed source settings

Merged Clips & Source Settings

Working with RED's IPP2 image pipeline lead me to discover that I can't switch off the IPP2 gamma to REDLogFilm on a MERGED CLIP only. I can do it on non-merged RED clips, and I can do it on the source file clip that I merged with the .wav file to sync audio/video, but I can't right click 'source settings' on my merged clip to switch the gamma?? Huge flaw that's very time-consuming to reverse. Unless there's a solution?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Arabic alphabet issue

I´m adding Arabic subtitles into the video and I have a problem with numbers in a text.

Picture no 1. is original

Premiere keeps adding "8" on the end of the sentence, like this (same problem with dots).

8 دقائق يمكنها تغيير حياتك. لمعرفة معلومات أكثر، اسأل طبيبك الآن

Text in Premiere - picture no.2

I have this problem only with numbers at the start of the sentence and with dots, which automatically jump at the start of the sentence.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be great if I could add the copy time and paste it in for the in and out point when I use color markers to clip or timeline. Today,

It would be great if I could add the copy time and paste it in for the in and out point when I use color markers to clip or timeline. Today, I have to drag the time code with the mouse to determine the length of the selection. Here there should be a shortcut for long chips to be. Ex I & O sets the length of the clip to be highlighted and highlighted.

When I text video through captions, I can copy the clock on the timeline and paste it into captions to determine where the text will start…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Upgrade the Premiere CC imagen stabilizer

Good morning,
    As I use video camera hand I would like to have a better image stabilizer in Premiere CC ...
    The current Premiere CC stabilizer can often not be used because it synchronizes with moving objects ... and the results are disastrous ... especially in my work, can you imagine the Premiere CC stabilizer synchronized with a **** actor?
    It would be a good update to put the Premiere CC stabilizer in an area system that was ignored as a Davinci Resolve.
    I would really appreciate it if you put an image stabilizer that can be used in all…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Move "Set Focus to Timeline when performing Insert/Overwrite" to the Menu

"Set Focus to Timeline when performing Insert/Overwrite edits" is currently in the Timeline Preferences tab. This is something that one often wants to toggle on/off for different procedures in the same edit session (similar to "Selection Follows Playhead"). I think this could be moved to the Menu Bar under "Sequence" so it can be toggled more efficiently.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Simplify audio configuration when importing, editing and exporting assets

Hi there,
    It would be great to simplify audio configurations in Premiere. We edit lots of broadcast material with complex audio setups (4 channels and more), and it's disappointing to see that audio configurations have to be continually reset and changed due to Premiere interpreting four mono tracks as two stereo, for instance. The most common issue is importing an asset into a sequence and then not being able to change the sequence 's audio configuration despite this being possible with the video settings. We've wasted a lot of time re-exporting assets and re-doing sequences simply because of this. Another…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Masking

Masking and obocity should be in the other window with mask editing view and optons we could find it in the visual effects and if we click on this we open a new window with this options

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug Report

Serious Bug Report:

For both Premiere Pro and After Effects I have found the same bug which has made it very difficult to use both programs. The Program monitor does not display the content it should be displaying unless it is set to a very large size (a larger size than I normally would set it to). What this has meant for me is that in order to accurately see what I am editing I need to use dual monitors and give the program monitor its own monitor and make it full screen. If I make it any smaller it…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. BUG: Weird anti-alizing on titles during play

When using Essential Graphics Titles on any sequence, if I hit play, titles become bolder and have a really bad anti-alizing. If I pause or scrub, titles seem to have the correct size and anti-alizing.
    To overcome this I have to enable High Quality Playback which really makes editing difficult since it requires a very high-end machine.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG: Option "Targets follow insert and overwrites" is broken

When enabling "Targets follow insert and overwrites" from timeline and trying to do an insert/overwrite, the action is taken but with no visual feedback. To see the actual insert/overwrite I have to move the playhead.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base