Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Captions in Premiere 2021 timeline is lagging

I work in a projects with a lot of captions. I have timelines with 30 to 70 minutes with captions.

Zoomed out to the whole timeline and visible captions my timeline starts to lag BIG time. The timeline zoomed in works just fine. Hiding the captions is also ok.

Imac Pro 2017

32 GHz 8-core Xeon W

64 GB 2666 DDR4

Radeon Pro Vegas 64X 16GB

extra monitor Apple 2,5K

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. preview file ignores playback quality

I am using preview files (render in to out) to get better playback, and I use high quality prores 422 as my preview format in the sequence settings so I can render previews eventually in the output settings and save time. this works great but one annoying thing - I am working with high resolution, and I set my playback resolution to 1/4 or even 1/8 to get smooth playback and it works, but when it reaches the rendered preview section in the timeline - it's always high quality... meaning I get a jump in resolution, and the playback is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: Importing Captions at v15.1+

When I select “Import captions from file” at version 15.1 and 15.2, the captions are “broken”, as seen on the prints.

The number of captions gets reduced from a total of 231 (15.0) to only 96 (15.2), where they are combined somehow in a strange order.

I had to rollback to 15.0 to be able to work properly with captions.

Thought it would be fixed by 15.2, but apparently it wasn't.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Depth stroke for Essential Graphics panel

One thing about the new Essential Graphics panel, and the thing that have kept me from switching over to it is the lack of a "Depth Stroke". I have spent years making graphics in what is now called legacy title. I have explored the new Essential Graphics and researched in online and I can not find any information or settings for a Depth Stroke in the new tool. There is a whole industry of local commercial producers who rely on Premier to create high quality graphics for commercials. Legacy titler stream lines that process and helps us to be more…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Premiere Pro BUG - Trim Tool Flickers/Flashes + Choppy playback

I've been having a huge issue ever since updating to Premiere 2021.

On my timeline when I extend a video clip by dragging the ends with the selection tool, the preview screen flashes on every frame. It looks like it is flashing back and forth between where the playhead is and the frames I am extending.
    Here is a screen recording of that happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lwbIh9zSzw

Every time I make any change or adjustment to any clip, text or basically anything on the timeline, the preview screen changes between aspect ratios, and low-res previews and then pops back to normal.
    This…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Treat "Source" effects as the Intrinsic effects are, and display only one Effects Control tab

Currently there are two tabs for the Effects Control Panel ... the Source and Sequence tabs.

Much "modern" media is meta-driven, and has what are set as "Source" tab controls: all Log & RAW formats among others.

But the user never ever sees ALL effects on a clip in one place, and does not even KNOW there are perhaps Source effects applied when in the Sequence effects tab.

Plus ... the only way to get between them requires a mouse action, as there are no keyboard shortcuts nor control surface actions to change panels.

It's slow, clunky, inefficient, and ...…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix glitchy exported video with braw on apple m1 processor

Fix blackmagic raw Footage from glitching when exported.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use Previews not working in Premiere Pro 2021 (15.2)

The "Use previews" option in Premiere Pro 2021 (v15.2) on MacOS doesn't work in all cases. It seems to work when exporting in the same codec as the timeline, however, if I export a rendered ProRes timeline with loads of effects in MP4, Premiere don't use the previews to convert to MP4, instead it all re-renders the effects to export to MP4. Very annoying and it wasn't the case in Premiere 2020

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Import Media should create Folder, even when only 1 is in folder

Import Media will not create folders, if they contain only 1 file.
    The files are put to the folder above ... thats NOT, what I expected.
    All files are presorted into a folder structure, for coming from cams, audio devices or other sources.
    I would like to import my complete folder struture with ALL folders, even when containing 1 file only
    Thank you
    Best Regards
    Bert

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a way to change the contrast (or color) of the slider controls in the monitor windows.

Add a way to change the contrast (or color) of the slider controls in the monitor windows. They are almost impossible to see.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New Text Tool bugs (Line Break problems, etc) and useful features

• It's almost impossible to bring the caret/text cursor into an empty line (line break) once the caret went to another line. I have to remove and redo the line break to get the caret into the line again. The behaviour is really strange and seems bugged.

• getting to the end of a line by clicking with the mouse cursor sometimes requires almost pixel perfect clicking (far too precise)
      -> let me just click into the empty space after the last word of a line to bring the caret to the end of this line

• New text tool has problems when…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Photoshop link not working correctly in Premiere Pro 15.4.0 (build 47)

When I use edit in photoshop it will bring up photoshop, however, photoshop gives an error message that it doesn't recognize this type of file. I then reveal the file in finder and can open it from there. If photoshop is already open it switches to photoshop but doesn't open the file. Nothing happens.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Closed captions in Premiere 15 getting a duplicate layer track after reopening.

I would like to report a bug I just discovered in the new Premiere Pro 15.

I switched to PP version 15 to take advantage of better closed captions control in the editor. The workflow was fine and worked great until I closed the project and reopened it. Now I have two closed captions boxes overlapping each other. The box underneath is the one I created. The one on top and slightly offset is the "ghost" caption. It looks like it came from the old caption platform style. I have recreated it by starting a new blank project, importing a…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SPLIT VIEW in Project window... like in Media Browser and Premiere 6.5 (2002)

Premiere Pro's Media Browser has a Double-Column/Split view which is extremely useful. So why can't the Project window also have an option to toggle on/off Split view?

As implied by the name, Split view would split the Project window into 2 columns. In the left column, you'd have an always-visible List view of bins and sub bins. In the right column, you’d see a bin’s contents in either List or Icon view. Each column would be independently scrollable, just like in the Media Browser.

There are several benefits to this approach.

BENEFITS (see attached picture for reference):
    -Lower bins don’t…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please port BEAT DETECTION to Premiere Pro.

Adobe Premiere Elements has beat detection. Why not Premiere Pro?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. export transcription as Word doc, pdf and text WITH timecode

I would love it if we could export a transcription from the new transcription window as a Word doc, a pdf, and a text file that includes the timecode

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug report when exporting mp4 H264 to network drive on MAC

I always deliver an MXF for broadcast and an mp4 (h264) for the client of there advertising video. For years I export both directly to a mac mini on my network. From there clients and broadcasters fetch them. Since the latest update, the mp4 export through media encoder never makes a complete file, the last 5 seconds are corrupted. Media encoder declares the file as done without issues. The MXF file is still perfect when exported directly to the network. It would be nice if it worked as it did in previous versions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. BUG REPORT: Premiere crashes when audio properties show odd name

UPDATE: I changed this from a stability issue to an audio issue. Updates in comments below as I think I figured out the potential cause.

I've run into an issue where Premiere crashes when you play the timeline and there's a clip whose audio properties (under the effects tab) show the odd names of
    Volume In: , | Out:, and the same thing under Channel Volume. Underscores and all, that's exactly what it looks like.

Some clips have this, some don't. The clips in question are multicam. This does not appear in the old backups I did of those…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Separate Motion > Position: X and Y values

When adding position keyframes we should be able to separate the X and Y values to control each individually.
    *Note: This is already available in After Effects.

This is useful to control Temporal or Spatial interpolation independently, e.g. apply easing to Y values while using linear for X values.
    This is also useful to change one axis value without effecting the other, e.g. Being able to keyframe Y values at 0:00 and 0:10 and keyframe X values at 0:05 and 0:15.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug: Audio exported from Premiere Pro 2021 via Final Cut Pro XML

I've encountered a consistently repeatable bug with Final Cut Pro XML imports.

For some reason this only applies to NEW 2021 projects, I've tried both 15.1 and 15.4 and both versions have the bug. Any project created in Premiere Pro 2019 and then opened in 2021 will export fine to XML.

However if you create a new project in 2021, drag an mp4 to the project, and then right click and create a new timeline from the mp4 file, then make 10-20 cuts (unlinking the video and audio may or may not make a difference - have not tested, many…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve followed the guidance you’ve posted, and can create no problematic XML files. From QE:

We’ve tried variations of linked or not and different types of cuts and slip edits, and they always came back in perfectly via XML whether I imported or did Open Project like the user suggested. 

Can you provide a project, and step-by-step instructions on how to reliably reproduce the problem you’re seeing?

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base