Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12681 results found

1. Better Controls to Export an Animated GIF

On behalf of editors, I request better controls for exporting an animated GIF file from Premiere Pro. Currently, the file size of these files is often too large to post on websites and social media sites. The results are better using Photoshop > Save for Web (Legacy). Editors would rather not use Photoshop and simply need more control over the size and quality of the exported file. Is this possible?

This forum post currently has over 56,000 visits. Kindly upvote this feature request so that others may have this ability to create GIFs easily and with a lower file size.…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. magnify vector scope.

just the ability to zoom in on the vectorscope to 200% so I could keep the window smaller but have the centre of the scope very close up. and also the ability to stack the scopes vertically or custom arrangement would be amazing for screen real estate.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Premiere Degrades Quality of H.265 HEVC Footage With Non-GPU Accelerated Effects

I’ve noticed what appears to be a bug in how Premiere renders H.265/HEVC footage after applying certain effects. From what I can tell, if an effect is not natively GPU accelerated, the image will be degraded by color noise/artifacting and perhaps a color shift. It essentially looks the same as if using MPE Software Only.

Effects such as Warp Stabilizer don’t cause this, as I don’t think they are in the same processing pipeline, but I have found that the following do:
    Camera Blur
    Neat Video
    Color Balance
    Flicker Free (older non-GPU acceleration version)
    Luma Key
    Posterize Time

Out of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Fix the top 200 bugs

Weird idea, but how about fixing, say, the top 200 bugs in Premiere Pro that cause your users to randomly lose hours of time every day?

Today - a fairly typical day - time ramp caused the preview to go blank until I turned off hardware acceleration; audio didn't appear in a nested sequence; the first few seconds of audio played in a sequence at double speed (until I turned off the default input device - wtf). Some of these bugs have been in Premiere Pro for years.

Yesterday there were others. Tomorrow there will be more.

I'm sure…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. proxy color management

The new color management options in 22.x versions break the proxy color and dynamic range, when using LOG or HLG/PQ original clips that have been over-ridden to Rec.709 with an input LUT.

The original clip on the Rec.709 sequence is 'normalized' correctly. But when you then go to create proxies, the CM is not used in creating the proxy.

What you get is a blown out useless mess of an image as your "proxy".

Not a correctly viewable image in the same color space as the original clip and the sequence.

We need the proxies to follow the clip Color…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Speech to text - Dutch

Please add the Dutch language support

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. UPGRADE LUMETRI COLOR | offset wheel?

The colorist's work lacks a global color offset ring to balance the frame. Currently, there is no possibility to quickly adjust the white balance without any effort in the presence of an offset wheel in the color panel (screenshot attached). When to appear and how long to wait? This is an incredibly necessary addition.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add "Sequence creation date" in the metadata options (like in Avid)

This is a basic feature in Avid. Having the option to find when was a sequence created or modified (date +time).
    I used this feature all the time in Avid when I wanted to sort the sequences in order when it was created and modified.
    There are so many examples of when this would be useful, but for example if I have two sequences with the same name (it happens, believe me), but I want to know when was each one created. Or if I open someone else's project and need to know when they created a sequence. There are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. fonts

Is there an option to collect the fonts used and the Luts in my project because when I open it on another computer it tells me that the fonts are missing?

You could implement this feature in future updates

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow a bypass of this useless new 'IMPORT' page... so users can go right to the eding software that works fine with out the 'IMPORT' page.

I’m not quite sure what the though process was with some of these new UI element. Specifically the “IMPORT’, “EDIT”, & “EXPORT” windows. These are infuriating. They server no purpose.
    Starting a new file use to just start. From there the user could attack the project in whatever way they wanted. This IMPORT page doesn’t allow the use to move forward without predefining a project name, and using a dropdown setting that is WEAK in comparison to the operating systems basking file saving explorer window. SOOO MANY CLICKS! Why?
    So many GIGANITC folder icons. Why?
    All of this is useless.…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. prioritize which waveforms to load first.

i'm working with 4 hour melts for sports and it says generating peak file. and its gonna be doing that for a while. and while it does that, i need to cut my music , but my waveforms for my music wont load because the software is too busy trying to generate waveforms for the 4 hour melt first. ridiculous. there needs to be a way to tell the software to prioritize generating my waveforms for the music first!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Premiere Pro CC 2022 crashes on Fast Forward

When I hit the "L" key to fast-forward while playing on the timeline, and hit about 4x speed, the audio stops scrubbing (I think this is normal), followed by Premiere Pro locking up. There's no way to halt the playback at this point, and eventually Premiere Pro locks the entire system - even the mouse cursor won't move. If I shutdown/restart fast enough (after Premiere locks, but before the entire system locks), I can get a reboot to happen. Otherwise it's the reset switch.

It is very similar to the problem described here, except I'm running Premiere Pro 2022 on…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Markers with duration add snap and go to ending marker support

Marker durations are great for measuring time for music cues, preparing a list of cuts given the duration to meet for a broadcast shows, different networks require different durations. Markers with duration work great except when you want to snap or go to the ending of a durated marker. The snap doesn't regard the ending durated marker. Neither does go to marker, only the beginning of the marker is snapped.
    I'd request to include the ending position of durated markers in the snap to timecode and include the go to marker to go to the next marker head, not just…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The 22.6 release debacle of Premiere Pro should usher in a new era of pre-release checking

I'm sure that every release of Premiere Pro goes through an extensive all encompassing pre-release test. It is however extraordinary how many bugs and serious ones at that make to release. I get that you are playing around with pages so that you appear on the same page as other NLE's but when it comes to the core of the product it has to be fit for purpose. All the functions need to function. The 22.6 release was a disaster and an embarassement. It literally failed to open any previous project. It actually did but the workspaces which were no…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Right Arrow Key or Delete Key Closes 'Save As' menu

When entering a file name in the 'Save As' menu in premiere pro or media encoder, pressing the right arrow or delete keys closes the box.

Premiere Pro Version 23.0.0 (Build 63)
    MacOS Ventura 13.0

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New export page problems

Really not working for me. Randomly doesn't let me change codecs, for example unable to change between h264 and quicktime. The 'more' button doesn't seem to open anything so I can't alter bitrate etc. Can you introduce a legacy export page??

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Color Management batch change

Please separate clip colour management settings, so they are no longer part of 'interpret clip' dialogue. Currently if you are trying to amend colour management for a batch of clips, all of the interpret settings are being applied to the batch (frame rate, PAR, Field Order etc). Alternatively a batch amend for interpret, where you are able to 'untick' the options you do not wish to amend would solve this issue.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Create captions" not working.

The transcription process works great. As soon as I click the "Create Captions" button, I get the screen below, and it never changes. I can cancel it an go back to the transcription, but can not get any further. I've tried resetting my Premier settings, and resetting the workspace. I've even uninstalled and re-installed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

74 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Autosave crashes Premiere Pro as of 2022 Update

Autosave crashes Premiere Pro as of 2022 Update. Every time it auto saves the bar freezes and I am forced to quit Premiere, losing my save. This happens on my computer at work and at home, as well as my freinds computers.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base