Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Windows

When using Premiere Pro 13.1 on multiple monitors with Windows with 3 monitors attached, Mercury transmit will NOT allow Monitor 2 to be used for playback. When selecting Monitor two, Monitor 3 will automatically be selected andk keep monitor 1 selected also. This behaviour does NOT occur with 13.0.3. Selecting alternate render options does not fix the issue.

43 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Generating Peak Files should be Multi-threaded

Generating peak files is one of the slowest aspects of Premiere. Can we please make this process faster?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug Report - PP 2020 with BMD playing Arri Alexa Pro Red

Found the issue but cant fix it. The issue is with how Premiere handles Arri Alexa Pro Res files. I dont have the issue with other media or once it has been rendered to ProRes HQ.
    I have just confirmed that Adobe Premiere 2020 14.0.1 Does NOT work with Black Magic Designs products when working from Arri Alexa Pro Res Files. I tried other BMD devices and am getting the same results. Transmit to BMD devices creates flashes of green and playback that jumps forward and backwards rapidly. Repeatable.
    Premiere 2019 does work without issue. Something was broken in the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Transmit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG: lost frames when exporting RED RAW footage.

When exporting a video edited with RED RAW footage, sometimes I notice a 'lost frame' in the exported video (black frame). It could be anywhere in the video... sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Really frustrating.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Proxy scaling by percentage in "Create Proxy" dialogue box

Simply add an option to the proxy dialogue box where the user is able to type in a scale percentage instead of pixel dimensions for proxy generation. This will save the time of the user to generate aspect ratio locked proxies for media without having to consult look up tables for the values, or do the math. Maybe even adding in a "*****" window beside it to see the actual dimensions of the proxies you're generating. Being able to set scale percentage as in ingest, or proxy preset would also be extremely helpful.

for example:

create proxies for 3840x2160 media,…

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring back multichannel H264

With the MOV H264 codec you use to be able to do multichannel exports with any number of mono tracks. Now that you got rid of that, there's no way to make lo quality proxies with multichannels. I mean you have the H264 in and MP4 but you can only export mono, stereo. or 5.1. Why can't you just let the user choose the audio configuration. I would like to have a full stereo mix and an M&E stereo mix on a proxy. The audio config options for the H264 MP4 codec are really limiting.

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please Enable Placeholders In Mogrts

A wonderful feature to have when it comes to Mogrts, Motion Graphics Templates, is the ability to add placeholders created in After Effects that can be replaced by images and videos in Premiere Pro, while maintaining all their animation properties including motion in 3D space. Right now we are limited to text and graphics, but no way to enjoy placeholders and dropping your own footage or images inside.

53 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Simply shift Video/Audio track up or down in the timeline stack

I want to be able to grab V1 and move it to where V3 is, so that it's above the other footage on V2.
    Or grab A6 and pull it up to A2, Making old A6 now A2, and previous A2 is now A3.

Currently (as far as I know) you have to highlight all the clips on the track and nudge them up when highlighted.
    2 problems can occur, if you bump up and land on the track above it will overwrite the clips above, or if you unlink the audio/video you may misalign sound from video, or may…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ability to set poster frames on subclips.

there is an absolute need to be able to set poster frames on subclips. the fact that it doesn't work on subclips is counterproductive, and hinders the workflow. it simply is incomprehensible this is still not possible in Premier Pro 14.01

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 14.0.1 - problem MOGRT - importMGTFromLibrary(), text doesn't refresh

Since version 14.0.1 of Premiere Pro I have a problem with MOGRT (Essential Graphics).

I use a script to import the MOGRT: function importMGTFromLibrary () and modify the content of the parameters.

Since the last version, the script still works, it imports and changes the parameters (texts, colors), but the Premiere Pro preview brings up the default parameters of the MOGRT.
    The only way to bring up the right parameters is to go to the Edit tab of the Essential Graphics window and touch up the parameters.

Opening old files created with this script poses the same problem ....

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Audio Clip Keyframe Frustration!

It would be great if, when dragging an audio clip keyframe horizontally, it stayed snapped to the current volume.
    It's rare that when I need to move an audio fade forwards or backwards I also need to change the volume.
    It's very frustrating! A modifier key could be pressed if I did ever need to. do it.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Auto keyframe should be OFF! By default it should be off!

The autokeyframe by default on things loke opacity has been a source of many a frustrations for me.

I set an opacity value. Then later I change it. Play it back and I wonder why it isn't set where I wanted. So I open it up an goddammit the autokeyframe was on by default so to get rid of it I push the stop watch and that warning is thrown right at my face. I never wanted the keyframes in the first place so why did you assume I would, adobe?!

This problem would not be nearly as aggravating if…

456 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Right click group of selected sequences in Project Panel then choose Project Manager

Scrolling through the tiny window of the Project Manager dialogue box, searching for sequences ending with "Final" and checking their boxes is tedious.

I'd like to select a group of sequences in the Project Panel, right-click and then choose Project Manager to collect only these sequences.

I've often already created a bin for "Final Sequences", so it would be a delight to select these for archiving rather than combing through all the sequences in my project. If I have ten subjects with various edits of each, I easily have more than one hundred sequences.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please fix audio rendering

Even if I just want to render a few minutes from a long timeline Premiere needs to render every audio in the timesline - before exporting just this small clip. For example, I have a concert of 2 hours in the timeline and want to export just one song, Premiere needs hours just to render the audio before export this small clip. Why isn't Premiere just rendering the audio needed in the parts which are going to be exported?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug PrPro 2020: Export "Using Previews" not working

I have a timeline with several AE comps that I have rendered to the green status in GoPro 10bit

When I try to export an h.264 with the 'Use Previews' option the previews are ignored and AE is run in the background slowing down the export to a crawl, even thought I spent a lot of time rendering previews already. This is a straight export out of Premiere, not an AME export. This is a very typical workflow for a lot of projects and it's very frustrating that it's broken again.

Steps:

1. Create project with several Dynamic links in a…
    7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adjustment Layers for Audio Tracks

I would like to place an adjustment layer into an audio track so everything below it changes in volume or does whatever effect i want it to do. It is a better visual cue from bird eye view then using markers when it comes to keyframed audio effects, especially if i have to ripple visuals downstream but don't remember if my audio has effects on it or not (due to lack of visual cues).

Please develop this!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The clip in the source monitor should remember where you were the last time.

The clip in the source monitor should remember where you were the last time. Of course, working on film, there's a physical cut to tell you where you were, and in Avid, and Final Cut 7, reloading a clip in the source monitor brings the playhead back to the last position. It's VERY time consuming to have to relocate your position each time you go back to a clip. When working your way through a scene, it's to have to find the spot where you were. It's like parking your car, and then it's not there when you go back.…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug - Playback Completely Glitchy

Playback is totally screwy on this newest update. I noticed the issue becomes increasingly worse the more I shuttle using J-K-L to scrub through my footage. This is a huge issue since that is the primary way I have learned to quickly scrub. Upon a restart the issue goes away until I shuttle again at which point the playback goes kind of nuts and while the audio plays like normal, the video seems to be completely lost and switches between where it should be and some other random part of the video. Stopping playback doesn't even resolve the issue. Sometimes…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. LUT paths

Please add back the feature that LUTs can be found with a relative path. I got in big trouble since the newest version of premiere (win10) does not load the LUTs in Lumetri, but still shows their name. Normally I store my LUTs outside of premiere e.g. in the project folder. These are not beeing found anymore, but the names are still displayed. That makes it more than tough working with my current or older projects.

Thanks a lot
    Wolfgang

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shift-dragging audio keyframes in the timeline no longer keeps audio the same level.

Selecting audio keyframes and shift-dragging them used to keep them the keyframes at the same decibel level. Now when I do this, it bumps it down a few decibels and then stays the same level.

As usual, Premiere fixes or adds one thing, and breaks another.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base