Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

102 results found

1. Spring-loaded Bins

Can you please have Spring-loaded Bins/folders in the project window? Similar to the way the Finder will open a folder that you hover over with your mouse. This would make it SO much easier than expanding bins before you start dragging assets into a bin structure.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Arabic Captions

Please Improve the Arabic caption Unicode, there is a dangerous problem in controlling texts in the captions in general especially when the caption is already made and you want to import it's a big broken text and it needs to fix sentence by sentence which takes too much time to just import subtitle and burns it with the video, especially with dots commas and numbers, etc, please it's just wasting working time and cost us money and unnecessary efforts

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add real-time rendering

There needs to be an option added to have background real-time rendering enabled for Videos and Effects. It is very annoying to manually render each item, or the whole timeline and wait long minutes (hours) for things to render on high end PC's. Apple's Final Cut Pro offers real-time rendering and makes workflow and playback MUCH easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,627 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

579 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for all the feedback. It’s pretty clear that we’ve got to look into the workflow using this format more closely, there are enough reports about gaps at this point to reopen this item. I’ll post more info about next steps shortly. In the meantime, a couple of questions are easy to answer:

- The plugin is designed for Premiere Pro. It currently doesn’t provide support for After Effects.
    - It does work with AME, so if you want to use it for batch processing, that’s very doable
    - If you’ve started a project with Autokroma, there’s no easy way to transfer it to be running with the new plugin.

Patrick

5. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

487 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbor. From reading the forum post, it seems that up-scaling is the real issue here. I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content.

6. Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect

Premiere won't export convolution reverb audio effect. When I use Reverb (Obsolete), Audio effect exports fine.
    Version 14.2.0 (Build 47)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  10 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Autosave reset if i save manually

Can we have it that, if i save the project the autosave function then resets its timer.

eg, Autosave is set to 10 mins. I happen to manually save the project at the 9 minute mark of this autosave countdown. Instead of it then interrupting my workflow by saving again in 1 minute. Autosave then resets back to 10 minutes and begins its countdown again.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. LTC Time Code

We need the ability to read the Timecode when recording audio LTC timecode to the file. Currently I have to use davinci Resolve to read the code. AVID already has this capability.

345 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  146 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Premiere should assess playability of media on import and ask to transcode if slow

In almost every large documentary project I work on with huge amounts of different media there is always some bad media that causes massive playback issues, which is really frustrating when I need to work quickly.

While I like the fact you don't have to transcode everything to a native format like in Avid, therefore avoiding big and expensive workflows, I do think Premiere should assess all media upon import and tell you if it wont be able to play it back well, and if it can't then it should ask you if you'd like to transcode this media to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?

683 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

168 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

11. productions

Premiere Productions should have a nested sequence/project feature. Many people who are coming from long form into the new Productions workspace use nested sequences for each of their scenes. You should allow a master sequence within one project to contain nested references to sequences in other projects. These would be read-only unless you double click them to open up the original sequence/project.

As it is, Productions is cumbersome for keeping a master sequence of the entire show synced when you split your scenes into their own projects.

You should also allow the user to save a "Productions Workspace" which will…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re considering the nesting request, tracking that work as DVAPR-4223845.

We hadn’t heard the ‘cumbersome’ comment, but the feature film teams with which Productions was developed weren’t using nested sequences.

For the “Productions Workspace”: I think you can get that behavior today, were you to change Prefs —> General —> At Startup to “open most recent”, and then save a workspace containing your Production and desired one projects.

12. STOP SWITCHING TO THE NEXT CLIP WHEN I'M TRYING TO MANIPULATE KEYFRAMES

This is super annoying. I create a keyframe, let's say a motion keyframe. Set it to 50. Then create another one, set it to 100 and put it at the end of the clip. Then I scroll to the second keyframe and suddenly, Premiere has switched me to the next clip in the timeline for some reason. This is so annoying. Even moreso when I'm using my mouse to move the scrubber around, sometimes it juts me all the way to the end of the timeline. I can't imagine a scenario where I would want this behavior.

680 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. BUG - Essential Graphics vertical cropping when expanding a collapsed group that contains comments

Windows 10.0.18363 (64 bit)
    Premiere 14.2.0
    After Effects 17.1.0

In the Edit tab of the Essential Graphics panel in Premiere, when I first open or load a MOGRT file which has a collapsed group containing comments, when I expand the group, the group's content initially appears cropped vertically. (This vertical cropping is most noticeable when there are long comments or multiple comments). In addition to being cropped, the expanded group content also overlaps the template's other options, instead of pushing the other options down.

When I collapse and expand the group again, the group's content displays properly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Source Monitor - Sum Multichannel to Mono

This checkbox (in the audio preferences) and the function it seems to promise is not working. I often can not hear multi-channel audio if the channels have been configured beyond default, even if this box is checked.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the report, we have this issue logged as DVAAU-4202437 (Sum to Mono preference doesn’t work on Adaptive audio).

15. Applying Pitch Shifter Effect to an audio track makes scrubbing not playback any sound.

Even on sections of the timeline where there are no clips on the Pitch Shifter track, scrubbing plays back no sound. I see the audio meters showing sound, but no playback. Even when I have the effect disabled, still no playback when scrubbing. I have to completely remove the effect to hear playback while scrubbing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adobe Lumetri CC

A Concept & Prototype for a professional Color Grading Application we wish to be added to the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, to complete the Audio & Video Package.
    https://www.behance.net/gallery/67706495/Adobe-Lumetri-CC-Prototype

403 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create a drop zone for footage

It could be great to have a way to just have a drop zone in footage, as some of us are used to final cut pro x we are used to that drop zone for footage. This is for me the best feature ever in FCPX and Apple Motion. Could be great to have some in AE or PP.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.0.2 search / find / bin filter issues

SEARCH/FIND/BIN NOT WORKING!

After the update to Premiere Pro CC 13.0.2 (on a Macbook Pro running OS 10.13.6) I started having issues with the project panel bin filter search not showing clips that I knew were in the project - I'd search for a word in the name of a clip and no clips would show up. I tried using the Cmd-F tool instead, and Premiere would either find nothing or stall out and rainbow wheel. Creating a search bin also failed to work properly - I'd create one to search for a word that was in the name or…

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 645 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The Pen tool (P) can not be used as in PS or AE to manipulate the vertices and handles of a shape

The Pen tool (P) cannot be used as in PS or AE to manipulate the vertices and handles of a shape, we should be able to manipulate the handles separately.

This only works for masking

To create Bezier shapes, you convert a vertex point on a mask to a Bezier point by pressing the Alt key while placing the cursor over the vertex point. The cursor becomes an inverted "V" shape . Then, click and release the pointer.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base