Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Go back to previous interface

I hate new interface changes. It feels like Final Cut Pro X all over again - trying to simplify interface for kids and grandmas. Creating new project was pain. It took me about 10 minutes. Slow and unintuitive. Exporting new files is also much worse. I would like to have option to turn everything back to normal.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Export selection as Premiere project does a Save As - 22.5.0

In this version (22.5.0) when I select "Export selection as Premiere Project" it basically does a "Save As..." and exports the entire project. Same when importing and choosing 'selected sequences' when you're importing a premiere project, it just imports the entire project and not just that sequence.

This is vital to sending cuts back and forth between editors so they don't get the entire bloated project. It was working properly in previous versions as I used it all the time.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ISSUE - Poor hardware encoding quality - Mac M1 PRO chip

The quality of exporting from Premiere Pro using hardware encoding on the new MacBook Pro with M1 PRO chip is extremely poor. I've tried exporting with multiple different projects and footage but the quality when exporting with hardware encoding is pixelated and blurred - the file size is also significantly smaller than the estimated file size.

There is no issue with software encoding and footage is as expected.

I've tried Premiere Pro 2022 and also gone back to 2021 and tried opening with Rosetta instead, still hardware encoding into H264 is extremely poor quality with file sizes less than half…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Warp Stabilizer: Never Good Enough: Why Cannot Be As Good as DaVinci Stabilizer or ProDad Mercalli

• Premiere Pro 2022.04
    • have Intel Core i7-1165G7 (11th Gen) 16GB Ram, 475 Gb, SSD, Laptop with 2GB external graphic card

Premiere Pro Warp Stabilizer has been extremely slow ( does not even work at all in some clips longer than few seconds long) whereas DaVinci or stand-alone ProDad stabilizer (add-on Prodad no longer works fine in the recent versions of Premiere PRO - no thanks to Adobe) in my laptop

Some will say "why don't I get a more powerful processor/system"
    I'd say "why doesn't Adobe get their act together and code it good enough to work properly, requiring less…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New export screen is clunky, cluttered and slower to use.

The new export screen is very badly designed. It takes me twice as long to use. It's clunky, requires scrolling and won't let me go into a directory and select a file I want to overwrite. I have to manually type the file name.

The old interface was dated and yes it needed updating but the new interface seems to have been designed by people who don't use this software everyday. Please streamline it! And please make it so I can go into a directory, click on a file and then be able to overwrite that file!

Thank you

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Premiere Pro CC 2022 crashes on Fast Forward

When I hit the "L" key to fast-forward while playing on the timeline, and hit about 4x speed, the audio stops scrubbing (I think this is normal), followed by Premiere Pro locking up. There's no way to halt the playback at this point, and eventually Premiere Pro locks the entire system - even the mouse cursor won't move. If I shutdown/restart fast enough (after Premiere locks, but before the entire system locks), I can get a reboot to happen. Otherwise it's the reset switch.

It is very similar to the problem described here, except I'm running Premiere Pro 2022 on…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix Open CL and ProRes Raw Bug

ProRes Raw files are seeming unable to be played back on AMD GPUs using the latest PP 22.x + ProRes RAW 1.3 on Latest Windows 10 & 11.

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/issues-decoding-prores-raw/m-p/12648595

There seems to be a bug that prevents the rendering of frames using GPU Acceleration using OpenCL that produces a console Error and results in audio playing but only a black screen for video:

<12112> <Assert> <0> Debug Assert failed!
    Expression: dvacore::ResultSucceeded(result)
    Process: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
    Process ID: 9652
    Thread ID: 12112
    Thread Name: Display Thread
    File: ....\Src\RenderRequest.cpp
    Line: 228
    Function: AdobePlayer::RenderRequest::ProduceFrame
    Last Error: 6
    Assert Dialog Show:false
    Callstack:
    xRendererEntry…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Create captions" not working.

The transcription process works great. As soon as I click the "Create Captions" button, I get the screen below, and it never changes. I can cancel it an go back to the transcription, but can not get any further. I've tried resetting my Premier settings, and resetting the workspace. I've even uninstalled and re-installed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. proxy color management

The new color management options in 22.x versions break the proxy color and dynamic range, when using LOG or HLG/PQ original clips that have been over-ridden to Rec.709 with an input LUT.

The original clip on the Rec.709 sequence is 'normalized' correctly. But when you then go to create proxies, the CM is not used in creating the proxy.

What you get is a blown out useless mess of an image as your "proxy".

Not a correctly viewable image in the same color space as the original clip and the sequence.

We need the proxies to follow the clip Color…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. BUG: Vignette midpoint slider causes video to go black Version 20.50 build 62

Vignette midpoint slider causes video to go black Version 20.50 build 62
    Select clip. Go to Lumetri. Adjust Vignette midpoint slider. Video goes black. Unrecoverable. Requires software restart.

AMD 5950x Gigabyte 550 Vision D 64 gig DDR. Gigabyte RTX 3070

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bug: New export page slow & unresponsive in Premiere Pro 22.0 Version 22.3.0 (build 121)

PP 22.0 export page is slow and often unresponsive. Editing, composting, rendering effects ... all working fine. Use the Control + M command to export and no response. Restart the app, select the new export tab and the export window appears. With patience, you can select settings, but painfully SLOW. Successful export in sequence preview settings (UHD ProRes422HQ). Running on Windows 10 Pro Ver 10.0.19043, i9-7900X CPU 10 core, 64 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Speech to text - Dutch

Please add the Dutch language support

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Independent values for height and width of the background behind closed captions

Please allow us to customise the width of the background independently from its height.
    I want to be able to have just a little vertical space but a lot more space around the horizontal edges so that the captions look more pleasing to the eye. Without this, I have to create my own rectangles and adjust the width of each one manually for every individual caption :(

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New Import Screen Needs Improvement

The new import screen has some issues.
    This is what I've found. Hoping others add in any other thoughts:

• Selecting files for Import in the main window causes huge performance deficit, especially when trying to navigate through folders

• Shouldn't 'Import Settings' on the right hand side have an Ingest option, including Ingest presets etc?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Premiere Degrades Quality of H.265 HEVC Footage With Non-GPU Accelerated Effects

I’ve noticed what appears to be a bug in how Premiere renders H.265/HEVC footage after applying certain effects. From what I can tell, if an effect is not natively GPU accelerated, the image will be degraded by color noise/artifacting and perhaps a color shift. It essentially looks the same as if using MPE Software Only.

Effects such as Warp Stabilizer don’t cause this, as I don’t think they are in the same processing pipeline, but I have found that the following do:
    Camera Blur
    Neat Video
    Color Balance
    Flicker Free (older non-GPU acceleration version)
    Luma Key
    Posterize Time

Out of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Styles" presets change only highlighted text instead of the entire text layer

I frequently combine text with different fonts/sizes/etc in the same layer when composing credits. For instance, one style for the role or crew position, another for the name.

In Premiere, applying a Styles preset to highlighted text changes the entire text layer, incl. unhighlighted text.

PS does this with ease using Character Styles.

If I am in need of a clue, I would appreciate some kind soul educating me about this. I've tried various approaches and I just can't get Premiere to stop changing all the text to a given Styles preset when I only want to change the highlighted…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New export page problems

Really not working for me. Randomly doesn't let me change codecs, for example unable to change between h264 and quicktime. The 'more' button doesn't seem to open anything so I can't alter bitrate etc. Can you introduce a legacy export page??

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Autosave crashes Premiere Pro as of 2022 Update

Autosave crashes Premiere Pro as of 2022 Update. Every time it auto saves the bar freezes and I am forced to quit Premiere, losing my save. This happens on my computer at work and at home, as well as my freinds computers.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Importing folders with one file doesn't create bin

I have all of my source footage and audio sorted into about 12 folders. Some of the folders have multiple files, others have just one.

If I import all of these folders into Premiere, any folders that have more than one file get a BIN created automatically. Any folders with just one file don't get a BIN.

I don't see the point or benefit of not creating a bin for folders with just one file. If I'm importing folders, I think it's safe to assume I want to use that structure. I plan to add files to these bins later…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 14 votes

We're glad you're here