Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug - Premiere Pro 15.0 using 100% CPU usage to load thumbnails and causing instability

Premiere Pro is hanging my system - 100% CPU usage when generating thumbnails in bin. Eventually it will go back down to normal usage, but if I try to do other things while this is populating it may cause my computer to BSOD. Last BSOD (this morning) was KERNELSECURITYCHECK_FAILURE
    I should note that my system has 0 stability issues doing anything else except when using Premiere Pro.
    This just started after the last update to Premiere Pro (15.0)-
    This does not happen with 14.9
    I am able to recreate the hanging and or crash by opening a folder…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2021 Captions in Nests need to be able to exported as SideCar or Embed via Master Sequence(s)

2020 Premiere allowed for captions to be placed in nests and would then show up in a master sequence and exported as embeded closed captioning or side cars. With the latest 2021 update, this is no longer possible and allows for burned in captions only. This is detrimental for workflow. Please allow nested closed captioning to be exported as embedded or side cars in a master sequence.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Premiere compatible with at least ONE older Version.

I like to have my Premiere Version compatible with at least ONE older Version. Right now it is not. Also it should connect to older AE via Dynamic Link.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rapid Memory Leak makes Premiere unusable

Premiere Pro CC 15.2 running on 2020 Mac Mini with 8GB RAM - MacOS Big Sur 11.4

Memory leak starts immediately and skyrockets after any edit, making editing impossible after just minutes. What this means is I have to restart Premiere after nearly every edit. Massive hit to productivity.

You can see in the attached screen recording, at one point tonight Premiere maxed out the 8GB memory and then used upwards of 12GB of Swap Memory, which also negatively affects the lifespan of the non-replaceable SSD in this computer.

Fix this ASAP.

Linking to video since the screen recording was…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Importing Captions at v15.1+

When I select “Import captions from file” at version 15.1 and 15.2, the captions are “broken”, as seen on the prints.

The number of captions gets reduced from a total of 231 (15.0) to only 96 (15.2), where they are combined somehow in a strange order.

I had to rollback to 15.0 to be able to work properly with captions.

Thought it would be fixed by 15.2, but apparently it wasn't.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Masking tools in Warp Stablizer (to decide which parts of a clip get analyzed!)

The Warp Stabilizer tool should have built-in masking tools for users to be able to decide which part(s) of a clip get analyzed for stabilization! (i.e. ability to ignore from analysis certain moving objects that can throw stabilization out of whack.)

TIP You can already decide which part(s) of a clip get analyzed for stabilization!

But it takes a few steps:
    1. Mask out parts of the clip you want Warp Stablizer to ignore using Opacity effect mask(s).
    2. Nest masked clip.
    3. Apply Warp Stabilizer to nest.
    4. Once the clip is stabilized, open nest.
    5. Turn off Opacity…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix the caption editor.

I started using the caption editor when I was approved for early access to the automatic transcription feature.
    This feature is great, and I only need to make the occasional minor correction (usually proper nouns and punctuation), but the problem is that the text editor for the captions is...well, for lack of a better word, complete garbage.

It has a ridiculous amount of lag between a click and the action that click was supposed to perform actually taking place, and often it will seemingly randomly highlight sections of the text as I am typing, so an action as simple as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. SPLIT VIEW in Project window... like in Media Browser and Premiere 6.5 (2002)

Premiere Pro's Media Browser has a Double-Column/Split view which is extremely useful. So why can't the Project window also have an option to toggle on/off Split view?

As implied by the name, Split view would split the Project window into 2 columns. In the left column, you'd have an always-visible List view of bins and sub bins. In the right column, you’d see a bin’s contents in either List or Icon view. Each column would be independently scrollable, just like in the Media Browser.

There are several benefits to this approach.

BENEFITS (see attached picture for reference):
    -Lower bins don’t…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Project Media Manager - is this ever, ever getting fixed, even remotely, to work as advertised?

We read all the forums and the threads here and everywhere else to help Media Manage footage out per network deliverables - without any errors. Has anyone been lucky enough to actually get to the end without an error? Not just today, but ever? Finally resorted to asking Adobe for help - and the answer is to upgrade to the newest version from last month - not that anything has changed in the Project Manager. But before we even attempt to help you, upgrade. Just completely unacceptable, as thousands of posts in the past X number of years make it…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Depth stroke for Essential Graphics panel

One thing about the new Essential Graphics panel, and the thing that have kept me from switching over to it is the lack of a "Depth Stroke". I have spent years making graphics in what is now called legacy title. I have explored the new Essential Graphics and researched in online and I can not find any information or settings for a Depth Stroke in the new tool. There is a whole industry of local commercial producers who rely on Premier to create high quality graphics for commercials. Legacy titler stream lines that process and helps us to be more…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. REMOVE CENSORSHIP on Premiere Pro NEW TRANSCRIPT feature

Your new text transcript feature censors certain words.
    It is not the job of Adobe to censor anything.
    That is an editor's decision not yours.
    Please remove these restrictions as soon as possible.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take CLIP NAME (when multiple clips on sequence timeline i.e. all takes) and most importantly TIMECODE info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with clip names and time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Speech To Text operate like the Speech Analysis tool - not only on sequences, but on clips

Make Speech To Text operate like the Speech Analysis tool - not only on sequences, but on clips

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug v14.6 -- Crash when new track created

Fix issue where Premiere crashes every time I create a new track by dragging a clip to a new track. I've had this issue since 14.6 update. Every single time.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add metadata stabilization for footage from recent sony cameras

Sony started to add post-recording stabilization using gyroscopic data to their line up which started with cameras like the Sony FX9 and later became available in the RX0, ZV-1, a7c, a7SIII, FX3 and FX6. Some of these cameras don't have IBIS. The only software so far that uses the gyro data is Sony's own Catalyst Browse which is free. It's awkward to do a round-trip to stabilize footage. Sony once announced they wanted to make the metadata available to other software companies.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

252 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug: Using Export Frame on clips with proxies (even if proxies not toggled), results in low res JPGs

Using Export Frame on any clip with a proxy attached (even if proxies not active) results in JPGs and PNGs in the proxy-resolution. This seems to happen at random.

During some troubleshooting, oddly it seemed to matter which window (ie Program, Timeline, etc..) was active (highlighted in blue) but this actually reversed between different projects, and ultimately using Export Frame results in low-res and full-res frame grabs at random.

Clips that don't have proxies don't seem to have this issue.

Native media in my examples were .mxf and .mp4

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Feature Request: Add Legacy title tool functionality into Essential Graphics

If Legacy title tool is going away, please add it's functionality to the essential graphics panel. I'm a very avid user of the legacy title tool and I find that I'm infinitely more proficient and efficient when using the legacy title tool vs the essential graphics panel.

If adobe is going to force us users to switch to the Essential graphics panel in future updates, I would great appreciate some of the key functionality of the legacy title tool being implemented into the essential graphics tool.

Specific features:
    - In Legacy Titler (LT), the user has a line tool to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Caption/Subtitle rectangle box background auto resize is gone

On the new update v15.0.0 Build(41)
    Caption/Subtitle rectangle background auto-resize is gone

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Export bitrate type to set value

I'd like to get back the ability to type the bitrate settings accurately, rather than having to use a slider to get to a 'thereabouts' number, which is slower and less accurate when given specific stats to comply with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base