Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug PP v 14.5.0 (build 51)

I use double monitors, on the second one I have Project, effects and Effects Control panels set as a custom workspace.
    After the last update, October 2020, I can't move elements from folder to folder in the Project panel nor drag and drop from File Explorer in to project panel.
    If I switch to default workspace and then switch back to my custom workspace (which I use for years) all is working: I can move files around and drag and drop files from the OS.

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard operation not possible

Hello,
    Nobody needs the new features in Premiere Pro 14.5, but everyone needs keyboard controls!
    Since the update to 14.5, the keyboard controls and moving the clips with the mouse (left button pressed) no longer work!
    Everything is fine with the older versions of Premiere Pro!
    macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    iMacPro
    Greetings
    R. Stephan

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Premiere 14.5.0 Bug - Keyboard shortcuts are not working in the "Project" window

Control + Shift + / is not duplicating assets in the project panel and "Delete" is not removing assess from the project panel. Control + S also isn't working while in the project panel. (may be important to note: the project I'm working on is from the previous version of premiere pro. issue occurred after update this morning)

I also can't click and drag objects in the Project window (objects are currently in a bin and I'd like to drag them to a different bin)

Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-6850k CUP @ 3.60GHz
    32 GB Ram
    MSI G1 GA-X99-Ultra…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Glitch where audio clips are substituted for another file of the same name from a different folder

I'm making a series of videos where the individual files have similar names but are in different folders by episode. Sometimes audio files of the same name will randomly get swapped for each other despite being in different folders.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,539 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

561 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback. It’s pretty clear that we’ve got to look into the workflow using this format more closely, there are enough reports about gaps at this point to reopen this item. I’ll post more info about next steps shortly. In the meantime, a couple of questions are easy to answer:

- The plugin is designed for Premiere Pro. It currently doesn’t provide support for After Effects.
    - It does work with AME, so if you want to use it for batch processing, that’s very doable
    - If you’ve started a project with Autokroma, there’s no easy way to transfer it to be running with the new plugin.

Patrick

6. RAW to LOG conversions for ProRes RAW

ProRes RAW has been implemented inside of Premiere now but it is cumbersome. My workflow remains the same as before support has been added where I need to conform my footage to LOG inside of FCPX and then import that to Premiere. This makes all the work that went into implementing ProRes RAW into Premiere useless to me because I still have the same workflow as before.

I am suggesting taking an approach like FCPX where in the clip options there be a selector for “RAW to LOG Conversion” that allows you to conform the linear footage that ProRes RAW…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug: getInsertionBin() returns root bin of wrong project

In Extendscript, we are told to use project.getInsertionBin() to get the root bin to use project.importFiles()for that project.
    When there are more than 1 projects opened, the project refers to the correct project name, but getInsertionBin returns the root bin of an other opened project, which is not the one from app.project.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Converting in/out points to markers

I want a feature what allows me to convert in/out points to marker with duration and backwards, marker to in/outs

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation.

Trying to use Project Manager to export 6k Braw. but Getting this ERROR! an unknown error occurred during the project manager operation. Please save your project and retry the operation.

Please HELP!

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Premiere Pro 14.5 update macOS / Keyboard DOESN'T WORK!

I updated from 14.4 to 14.5 on macOS (Mojave) and the keyboard doesn't work. I also tried with the default Premiere Pro Keyboard settings... still doesn't work. Only copy/paste shortcuts work, but the rest (i.e. spacebar to playback) doesn't work. I'm on a 2013 Mac Pro with a USB Apple Keyboard. Reverting to 14.4

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please Add File Dates to the Bin Columns

Every edit system except Adobe Premiere, to my knowledge keeps the file date MetaData in the Bin Views, and even records the date that a sequence was started, How Novell.!!! I have gotten used to adding the date I build a sequence to it's title, but come on, is it that disruptive to the coders to cary along the date Metatfile info. PLEASE !!! This has been a big pet peeve of mine for almost a decade now, what is so hard or disruptive about adding a date column to the Bin Views.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG: OBS Files are not working anymore (APP v14.3.2)

From Adobe Premiere Pro Version 14.3.2 (Build 42) on, MP4 x264 CBR Files created by OBS Software don't work anymore, which destroys my current workflow completely. The last working version is 14.3.1 (build 45).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMES - Ability to stick keyframes to clip´s start and end

PROBLEM: How often do I loose keyframes at start/end of clips when trimming a clip and the keyframe is then out of visible range.
    SOLUTION:
    I want the ability to make certain keyframes sticking relative to clip start and end. It would be great for presets and editing in my case!
    Imagine the endless possibilties of selfmade transitions.
    IMPLEMENTATION:
    It could be simple an user friendly: Let me select keyframes to stick it to: start/end/stretch with length of clip.
    Or there could be a second option for "cliplength-relative keyframing".

I name it: RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMING ;-)

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can't change the font-weight in open caption

When directly changing the font-weight in open caption window (not the import or export settings), it seems that some font-weight options cannot be selected.

For example, Ping Fang SC has 6 font-weights, but only the semi-bold is selectable. When I try to use another font-weight like light, it shows that "light" has been selected, but the change of the caption does not present in the monitor, and when I re-open the open caption window, it goes back to semi-bold again.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG REPORT - Essential Graphics crash when editing

When trying to make an edit on an essential graphics template, any attempt to edit text results in a freeze in the program monitor, followed by a crash of the software. Shouldn't have to restart a project 6 times trying to edit one sentence.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. DV capture setting gone [BUG]

For the capture settings, I only have an option to capture HDV and not DV. This only occurred after I updated my macbook pro to Catalina. Please fix this issue

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Media Overwrite Warning in Timeline (so you don't erase clips outside visible area by mistake!)

SEE the Solution in action HERE! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5yjiwsWrZE&feature=youtu.be

PROBLEM:
    This is an issue probably all editors face daily: You move media into or already on the Timeline. Part of the media extends past the visible portion of the sequence. Will placing the media at the current playhead location erase any media on the non-visible portion of the sequence? How can an editor tell to avoid erasing something by mistake?

SOLUTION:
    The current solutions are an aggravating waste of time:
    a) To find out if any media was overwritten, the editor can zoom out on the Timeline to reveal the entirety of…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Pancake Editing an official feature

With so many Premiere users adopting the Pancake Editing setup, it would be a good idea to build this into it's own feature and develop sub features to enhance it, increasing workflow efficiency.
    In a lot of cases using pancake timelines is vastly superior to pulling clips from bins.

It's easy to set up pancake timelines manually, but there are some issues that could be solved, and some other ideas:

• The Timeline panel containing your Source sequence has all the buttons and other UI elements that a normal timeline does - some of these are unnecessary for a source timeline,…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

439 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbor. From reading the forum post, it seems that up-scaling is the real issue here. I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content.

20. Bug - mixed rates - Source monitor In point into sequence uses previous frame

Editing mixed rates onto timeline uses previous frame rather than marked in-point.

All clips progressive and show 'No Fields' in project panel with no interpretation.

23.976 Sequence:
    23.976 clip: OK.
    25 clip: Previous frame (SM: 00:00:04:15 > TL: 00:00:04:14)
    29.97 clip: Previous frame (SM: 10:11:27:10 > TL: 10:11:27:09)

If I mark in-out on first frame of 25 clip, I cannot drag, nor edit clip to timeline. If I mark first & second frame: I can, but only first frame lands on timeline.

25 Sequence:
    23.976 clip: Previous frame (SM: 00:00:03:00 > TL: 00:00:02:23)
    25 clip: OK.
    29.97 clip: OK.

Now…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base