Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Premiere Pro 2019 "Unresponsive" During Imports

I stopped editing for several months and recently came back to it. What I noticed is that Pr seems to have some issues importing the same types of footage that it previous had no issues with: 4K/60 h.264 files that are 5-6GB in size. Previously, Pr would just import them in with no issue. Now, Pr seems to lock up during the import, and again when I try to put that footage on the timeline for the first time.

During this "lock up", one CPU core from my 7900X is pushed right to 100%. The rest of them are at…

9 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Composite Preview During Trim switch doesn't work in 2020

Composite Preview During Trim switch doesn't work in 2020
    if you disable it in the timeline wrench, it still does it. Premiere has never been fluid with this unlike avid's trim mode, I always switch it to off despite having a powerful system, but it shows the 2 screens and freezes up the app for 10 secs for every cut. the larger the project, the more it slows down per trim.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug Report 14.0->14.01

Premiere 14.01 OSX 14.4 refuses to export (does nothing after clicking export) Queue to ME brings up encoder window, but nothing happens after pressing Green go button. Uninstalling back to Premiere 14.0 and ME 14.0 everything works fine.. Video is a 61m movie

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. STOP DUPLICATE MEDIA FROM BEING IMPORTED

This has not been fixed even though Adobe has claimed to fix this.

I have the media in one master project. My assistant has a their shared project. I open a small sequence from that project and drag the media from it it into my main project. EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE ALL THE MEDIA, I STILL GET DUPLICATED MEDIA. And on top of that it creates a separate folder for each small clip of footage. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

This is horrible. Fix this asap please. What's the point of shared projects if we can't move…

396 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Major Bug With Speed Ramping

There is a major issue with Speed Ramping in the latest version of Premiere Pro 2020. I am unable to play back a simple clip that has a speed ramp applied to it in real time without pre-rendering it. When trying to playback a clip that is speed ramped, it turns into a glitchy mess, and the remaining clips that follow never start playing as they should unless I pause and restart the playback. This was never an issue in Premiere Pro 2019. I have re-downloaded PP2019 where the issue is no longer present.

I have found that it seems…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Premiere 2020 14.0 Crashes When i Drag H.264 Videos from OBS into the timeline

My Premiere since version 13.1.5 crashes everytime i'm importing an OBS recorder video into the timeline. I have a 2080Ti and a Ryzer 1800x 32Gb Ram
    Before this update never had this problem!

I can't edit anymore my gameplay footage in this version and made me go back to premiere 2018 which is really more stable but has some weird bugs aswell.

In the image u can see that is stuck like this for ever!

Here some info of the video file that can maybe help you track the problem

Complete name : E:\Video\OBS\2019-11-07 17-32-25.mp4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. .mogrts almost unusable in 2020

Not sure what changed, but I'm unable to use .mogrt's effectively after the 2020 update. Overall performance is really slow both in the timeline and with previews rendering them unusable in some cases.

It appears to be an issue for 90% of .mogrts imported. Even mogrts with very light weight graphics. So it is likely code related.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG: Premiere Pro 2020 "Not Responding" During h.264 Imports

Problem: Importing a 5.5 - 6GB h.264 file (4K/59.94 FPS) causes Premiere to go "Not Responding". The import dialog box stays up, the status bar doesn't move, and both the dialog box and Premiere's title bar say "Not Responding". While this is happening, one core of my OC'd 7900X goes right to 100%. Another core is around 50-70%, and the rest are at or near idle.

This lasts for approximately 1 minute and 20 seconds per file imported, give or take. I can't do a single thing with Premiere while the import is happening; I have to just sit and…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A warning before deleting off screen content

Can't tell you how many times I've been working through a project, only to look back and see a large chunk of the project deleted because the in and out boundaries were selecting a clip and a vicarious press of the delete button ruins hours of work and forces me to open an autosave. some kind of warning, even one that has the option "don't show again" when something off screen is about to be deleted would save me that time necessary to fix the project.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. How about focusing on making this the most rock solid editing platform

Stop finding new gimmicks that hardly anyone uses, yes they are a bit of fun but before you make those, focus on making Premiere the most rock solid editing platform the world has ever seen. Please do this before everyone including myself, start to migrate to resolve. I really don't want to learn another editing package but I need stability in my life. I'm giving it another 12 months.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Crop Bug Premiere Pro 2020 - MBP 16" 2019

When you add a crop to a video clip and use all four values the clip image becomes corrupted on the new MBP 16" 2019

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 8 GB
    Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x7340
    Revision ID: 0x0040
    ROM Revision: 113-D3220E-190
    VBIOS Version: 113-D32206U1-019
    Option ROM Version: 113-D32206U1-019
    EFI Driver Version: 01.01.190
    Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
    gMux Version: 5.0.0
    Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
    Resolution:…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. FFV1 Support

Hi,

I am hoping for FFV1 support in Adobe Premiere and AE. FFV1 is nationally recommended file format for long term preservation here in Finland (See more info: http://digitalpreservation.fi/files/File-Formats-1.7.0-en.pdf)

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Put crop in the Effect Controls please

Would love the ability to crop an image without having to mask, or search and add Crop from the Effects panel. This sounds silly and lazy, but it’s something I’m doing over and over in sizzle editing, where I have to make all graphics, animations and mock ups for advertising, for example.

Please consider adding Crop into Effect Controls.

A 4-point polygon mask makes a small box and you have to drag the points. (holding shift, and getting it just right visually) I want Crop embedded because I want to adjust the edges with numbers, quickly.

Also, a request for…

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unable to export media

Since I updated to Version 14.01 (build 71) I am unable to export media. It will hang saying 0%. At first I hoped it was a glitch and if I waited it would eventually complete. I waited 30 minutes with nothing.

I thought since I was only exporting audio that may be the problem. Will not export video either. I edit for a living and not being able to export makes this a major issue.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Changing the names on the Adobe Library of mogrts that reflect the name change correctly on Essential Graphics

When we change the names of the mogrts on the Adobe Library, it doesn't reflect on Essential Graphics, which creates confusion. To rename them correctly we have to re-export them each time, which takes a lot of time since we use a big amount of mogrts.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Color Picker inaccurate with MOGRT

I've been testing the ability to easily make Color Palattes available to our editors in Premiere Pro. One option is to look at the colors in the library, and manually type in the hexcode associated (since we can not use the eyedropper to select the colors from the Library). This is inefficient, so I have tried a second method. I created a mogrt that displays the 10 colors as squares. This would work great since its an easy overlay in our program monitor that could be referenced EXCEPT the colors are inaccurate! I've made sure my AE project is in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. There is a glitch in new 2020 Premiere Pro

When doing speed ramps, the non-rendered previews when trying to playback are a disaster. This needs to be fixed ASAP as it's killing my workflow.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Major Bug in Audio Auto Ducking!

I use the auto ducking function all over my edits. Since PP 2020 it has a huge bug and does not work as it should anymore!

The function sets the keyframes correctly and if i play through the complete audio file and the playhead crosses the keyframes they work as they should. But if I start playback in the middle of an audio file and the playhead does not cross the keyframe it acts like there is no keyframe and does not change the volume as it should. Check the attached video for further explanation and watch the audio levels…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Mouse Disappearing

My mouse disappears at random while working on projects.

142 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Premiere 2020 export bug

Cannot export if there are markers on the timeline. Sequence markers, clip markers, or markers in a nested sequence all cause the export to get stuck at 0%. This was discovered on a Team Project but also happens in regular projects as well. The only solution has been to delete the markers.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base