Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Project panel labels missing

I just updated to 14.6.0 (Build 51) and suddenly the labels are gone from the project panel. I've opened the metadata selector (label was checked), I've unchecked it, re-checked it, restarted PP....

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug Report: Speed Issues in Premiere 2020

Any speed change that brings a clip over 100% speed results in choppy playback.

83 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PP 14.6 Color labels disappeared

I am having this issue. Color labels disappeared:  premiere pro the color labels don't show the colors anymore on the left files section. I can change the colours but it don't show here. When I drag a file on the timeline the color will show. It is checked on but don't show wich colour. Yes, I doubled checked the metadata display setting. Workaround is to make a new project and import the project having the issue. Any other thoughts? Thanks.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. enable custom frame rate on export in premiere pro 2020

Please enable 'custom' frame rate option on export settings,
    so that users who are editing for example source footage
    coming from 8mm or 16mm based on frame rates like 16fps or 18fps,
    can export them to such frame rates or other.
    you can check the thread here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/export-18fps-sequence/td-p/10486209?page=1

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Audio bug in 14.5.0 build 51

Audio frequently cuts out. Re-setting the audio out in audio hardware fixes the problem for a few minutes, but it will drop out again spordically. Current audio hardware is Beringer AMC1820

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Vignette bug after update june 2020

Hi,

After last june 2020 update of Adobe Premiere I am experiencing problems when adding vignette to footage in Lumetri color panel.

Lumetri works fine with all the color options, but when I add some vignette I am getting white blocks in my footage (as shown in the attached image).

I hope that it is a bug and not a problem with my GPU. I am not getting this problem when I change rendering to 'software only'. I also must note that I am using the latest Nvidia Studio Drivers (451.48).

Example: https://youtu.be/gwDlAkdFTHI

My specs are:

GeForce GTX 1060 6GB …

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix Premiere Pro NOT to crash when used remotely via RDP (Remote Desktop)

Adobe, please, it's 2020 and Premiere Pro still crashes when I log in to my work PC via Remote Desktop. Please fix these issues once and for all and don't tell us it's only supported as a "local" application. RDP is exactly accessing a "local" PC, I am forced working remotely in these times.

36 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix Audio Previews/Rendering

Currently, Premiere Pro has no indicator for audio rendering, and appears to render all audio prior to starting playback, causing lag spikes upwards of 20s with a large multi-track file.

This would be okay, if somewhat annoying, if Premiere actually cached and retained this audio after this first time. However, that is not the case. Premiere does not cache the audio to disk, and will discard all of it immediately if you so much as click out of the program for half a second, causing another 20s lag spike before you can start playback again.

Additionally, people have reported related…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG: VST3 plugins crash the app when rendering or exporting

I had a deadline today and instead of delivering on time, I spent the entire day troubleshooting this crash. Turns out, adding a vst3 plugin to an a/v clip causes Premiere to crash 100% of the time when exporting or rendering. Sometimes Pr immediately crashes, other times it will crash at the end of the audio pass. Either way, the only fix was to delete all signs of vst3 from project and then export. I had a ton of work which i basically had to trash because i didn't have time to rebuild all the audio with other solutions.

I…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better Program Monitor Snapping to Sequence Boundaries and Guides (Snap to Guides)

• Ability to snap footage to Sequence boundaries

• Ability to snap footage to Guides

• Ability to snap mask edges/points to Guides

• Ability to snap pen tool to guides

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Project Manager - Retain Folder Structure

Please include the option to retain folder structure when managing a project via the Premiere Dialogue.

We go through great efforts to maintain an organized project, both within Premiere but also at the Windows Explorer level. It's incredibly frustrating that if we try to move a project, archive a project or just generally manage the project that Premiere takes all the files and dumps them in a messy pile in one folder.

We've stopped using it entirely, instead opting to copy assets manually and re-linking the project to the assets. It's a tedious process and doesn't allow for trimming or…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG with Premiere Pro v 14.5 on Windows

Drag and drop within Premiere Pro on Windows is not working. We can't move items into bins by dragging and dropping.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Captions display and output doesn't respect the timecode (Premiere Pro 2020)

Since Premiere Pro 2020, the display and output of closed captions doesn't respect the source timecode (captions imported from MacCaption as an MCC file with 608/708 captions). For example, if a caption is set to appear on a certain timecode, it's always off by 4 or 5 frames in Premiere 2020. It's annoying when all the captions changes need to be in sync with video cuts. This bug wasn't present in Premiere Pro 2018.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change the icon colors back

Change the icon colors back to what they were before. The new colors are confusing and make my desktop toolbar on PC and MAC look boring. For a company that makes software specifically for creatives, this is the worst, non-creative, and most frustrating design choice they could have made.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Premiere Pro 14.7.0 not crash every time I try to add a marker

When I hit the "M" key to make a marker in my sequence, as of this morning, it crashes Premiere.

I've tried making a new sequence, making a new project, but whatever I try, "M" crashes Premiere.

This is a pretty big problem for me. So please fix it quickly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMES - Ability to stick keyframes to clip´s start and end

PROBLEM: How often do I loose keyframes at start/end of clips when trimming a clip and the keyframe is then out of visible range.
    SOLUTION:
    I want the ability to make certain keyframes sticking relative to clip start and end. It would be great for presets and editing in my case!
    Imagine the endless possibilties of selfmade transitions.
    IMPLEMENTATION:
    It could be simple an user friendly: Let me select keyframes to stick it to: start/end/stretch with length of clip.
    Or there could be a second option for "cliplength-relative keyframing".

I name it: RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMING ;-)

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 14.5.0 Premiere Update YouTube export bug??

In Premiere 14.5.0 Export Settings dialogue/Publish tab....for some reason any video I publish directly to YouTube is uploading twice. I don't see any reason this would be happening (no new click boxes or settings) and I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Any ideas??

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix Selection Inconsistencies! (in Timeline, ECP, EGP, etc...)

The universal convention for selecting items works as follows (in MS Windows’ Explorer and all convention-respecting software, including most Adobe programs):

Ctrl-select = selects or deselects individual items, one by one.
    Shift-select = selects the range of items between a selected item and the Shift-selected one
    Ctrl-A = selects all items

Unfortunately, Premiere Pro has major consistency issues when it comes to how items are selected. This results in user frustration/confusion and a much less than ideal workflow. Here are the issues and proposed solutions (see chart):

PROJECT WINDOW: Shift & Ctrl-selecting/deselecting works as expected in all views: Icon, List…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Label colors not appearing in project window for older projects

Label colors are selected in Metadata display but the colors do not appear in the project window column to the left of the file name.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Crashing When Launching Premiere and After Effects - "Loading AEXD.aex"

After updating my Adobe CC software Premiere and After Effects have both been crashing when launching the applications. They freeze on "Loading AEXD.aex". Once the app freezes it become nearly impossible to kill it in Task Manager without restarting the computer. Also, when the app is frozen, file explorer becomes sluggish or completely unresponsive.

I've been using this PC for almost a year now and I have not had any issues until the latest release of Adobe Software. I've used the CC cleaner tool and that didn't solve the issue. I've tried installing previous versions of AE and Premiere and…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base