Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gradients for Strokes and Shadows

Request for Essential Graphics Text Tool
    It is wonderful to be able to gradation the color of letters!
    Thank you very much! !! Very glad! !! All Japanese users are happy!

As a request for further creative creation ...
    ・ We want a gradation function for the border.
    ・ We also want a gradation function for shadows.
    -Multiple boundaries can be used. We want you to be able to use multiple shadows as well.

Especially in the Japanese video industry, multiple boundaries and their gradations are really used a lot. Hopefully at this time, we hope for further evolution!
    Thank…

308 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Color Management Panel

There are a good number of new color management settings and changed color management defaults in the 2022 release. I would expect we will be getting more as we go along. This is becoming a nightmare to manage!

We need a single panel. One with perhaps two tabs:
    1) The overall Default options for color management settings, and for default options for various media types.

2) The Override tab for clip or sequence overrides, covering the same items as in no. 1.

Essentially, One Panel To Rule Them All.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Preference & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make the new workspace bar optional

I think the new workspace bar can be great for new users but for older users like me, who are used to using keyboard shortcuts to navigate, it would be convenient to be able to hide it to save space in the ui.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. High priority bug: EVERY sequence crashes at 34:46 on the timeline in latest update v22.3

The latest update to Premiere Pro has a HUGE and crippling bug on my system (and judging by the forum posts many others too). Every timeline I open on projects new or old crash at 34:46 on the timeline. Exports hang at that time and Premiere can't be recovered to a useable state without a Force Quit. Audio sticks on the sample at that time when scrubbed over.

This is a massive problem that renders this version of Premiere Pro unusable for sequences over 34:45 duration and needs fixing as the highest priority.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have identified that the issue is related to audio.  Can you tell me about your audio channelization?  Do you have source clips with multichannel audio?  Is your sequence configured for more than stereo.  We are working quickly on a fix. Any info you can provide will be very helpful.

5. Adobe Premiere Pro 22.3 new file creation sucks and should be removed!

The new update 22.3 has a new interface when you want to create a new file and it sucks! I prefer version 22.2 where it interfaces with Windows 11 as to where you want file located and named. I had to remove the 22.3 update and restore the 22.2 version. I would make the new file creation optional (Windows vs Adobe interface) for future updates.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Compability with WebM - Fnordware not working on Mac OS

To import and export WebM formats. There is a external pluging from fnordware that is not compatible with OSX

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. BUG: Playback in timeline wont stop when moving at double speed or more (v22)

in the newest update (v22) of premiere pro, when you shuttle right in the sequence at double speed, (or more) the playback won't stop, even when shuttle stop is pressed. Adobe premiere acts normally otherwise, (you can save and quit) but it will still keep playing at that speed. Even closing the sequence doesn't make it stop. You have to close out of the app and then re open the project.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Multiple caption tracks visible for accessibility

In the previous version of Premiere Pro, I was able to add multiple captions and make them visible in order to have English/Spanish on screen. But in the latest version (Version 15.0.0) only one track of captioning is available.

This makes it hard for those of us who are working on making our videos accessible to multiple audiences. Please bring back the ability to have multiple tracks of captioning visible at the same time.

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not a bug, it’s as designed. We specifically limit the visibility to one track at a time to avoid accidentally burning in multiple tracks. Also, when exporting to a format that only supports one captions stream like SRT or STL, we need to know which is the active track in order to export the correct track.

But I understand why you might need two tracks visible at the same time.

Multiple speakers:
    If we could automatically identify speakers and designate a style associated with them, would that help? For example speaker 1 is blue and on the left, speaker 2 is yellow and on the right?

Multiple languages:
    Do you ever need to burn in both at the same time or is it just a matter of being able to see both to aid in translation and alignment?

Thanks for the feedback, we really are listening :)

9. Copy current timecode to clipboard when copy/pasting text from transcript

Add current timecode and speaker info to clipboard when copy/pasting text from transcript, allowing editors to make selects from interviews and paste quotes into a text editor.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new Export Window needs to go ASAP

I have previous posted a bland post about this but I have taken the time to layout just a FEW of the issues with the new Export UI and why is it simply terrible and needs to be removed.

Pease refer to the image supplied. I cannot over state what a terrible experience using the new Export window is on so many levels. It is one of the worst design updates in the history of Adobe.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. BUG (v15.4.1) - h264 encodes are poor quality on M1 MacMini

h264 exports done on an M1 MacMini show significantly more compression artefacts than those done on non-M1 hardware. In investigating the problem I noticed that the file sizes are significantly smaller than expected and digging into the export shows that the resultant bitrate is only around 60% of what it should be. This is across all the built-in presets that use single-pass h264 hardware encoding as well as any custom ones. To prove the point I encoded the same file on several platforms, (both Mac and PC), with several export presets. See the attached file that shows the results.

h264…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Premiere Pro CC 2022 crashes on Fast Forward

When I hit the "L" key to fast-forward while playing on the timeline, and hit about 4x speed, the audio stops scrubbing (I think this is normal), followed by Premiere Pro locking up. There's no way to halt the playback at this point, and eventually Premiere Pro locks the entire system - even the mouse cursor won't move. If I shutdown/restart fast enough (after Premiere locks, but before the entire system locks), I can get a reboot to happen. Otherwise it's the reset switch.

It is very similar to the problem described here, except I'm running Premiere Pro 2022 on…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ISSUE - Poor hardware encoding quality - Mac M1 PRO chip

The quality of exporting from Premiere Pro using hardware encoding on the new MacBook Pro with M1 PRO chip is extremely poor. I've tried exporting with multiple different projects and footage but the quality when exporting with hardware encoding is pixelated and blurred - the file size is also significantly smaller than the estimated file size.

There is no issue with software encoding and footage is as expected.

I've tried Premiere Pro 2022 and also gone back to 2021 and tried opening with Rosetta instead, still hardware encoding into H264 is extremely poor quality with file sizes less than half…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. "Create captions" not working.

The transcription process works great. As soon as I click the "Create Captions" button, I get the screen below, and it never changes. I can cancel it an go back to the transcription, but can not get any further. I've tried resetting my Premier settings, and resetting the workspace. I've even uninstalled and re-installed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Revert to 12.2 Export Settings Window

Please revert to the Premiere Pro 12.2 and prior export window. I understand the desire to expand options to a full screen, but many changes are now much harder to reach.

For instance, we now have to decide the export folder and file name in separate bars, and are unable to select a file to populate the target file name and location. Why make this more difficult?

Where presets and adjustments were in close proximity before, immediately visible or a quick mouse scroll away, they're now buried in drop down and sandwich menus (target bitrate especially buried)

Any professional editor…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New Export Page: Lots of problems sorry!

Not sure what the new export page is trying to achieve (we don't use Resolve because of its tabbed interface) but please fix the following...

Allow keyboard entry in all drop-downs so we can hit 'q' for quicktime or the first letter of a custom preset for example.

Remember previous settings per timeline as per the previous export window. Again, why create extra work? UPDATE: I have one project which never remembers the last export setting but another which does. Maybe the one that doesn't was created in an older version but I'm not 100% if this is…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Rename and choose location for export at the same time

In this version we have to put the name of the file and then choose the location. Before we could do both things at the same time. We loose precisous time remember how many versions we had before ect. We need to be able to do that. I loose many secondes on each exports. Its precious time

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Speech to text - Dutch

Please add the Dutch language support

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Revert Exporter on Premiere Pro

Please revert the Exporter on Premiere Pro. The new exporter is clunky, confusing, counter intuitive and difficult to navigate.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here