Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Present an error message before output when a Warp Stabilizer watermark is on a clip

If you have altered a clip with the Warp Stabilier and your clip now has a Warp Stabilizer "Frame not analyzed" watermark warning, Premiere Pro should warn the editor this is there before and output. This would avoid this watermarked shot being rendered into an export before the editor could fix it.

In fact any undesirable thing like a watermark banner should be presented to the editor before an export. In the end I would rather have a shot export WITHOUT the Warp Stablizer at all than to have it export with a watermark.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. h264 NAS

Bug report: After upgrading to Premiere v15, exporting an H264 file from either Premiere or Media Encoder to my NAS creates a file which the program claims exported successfully, but actually creates a glitched file. At some point in the file, the audio will drop out, and the video will freeze on a single frame, which will remain on screen for the rest of the duration.

Exporting a quicktime file to my NAS doesn't cause this problem, and exporting an H264 file to my internal harddrive doesn't cause this problem, so there's only an issue with the combination of encoding…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  30 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. version 14.5 - dual monitor bug

Since the update to 14.5.0, all panels that are on a secondary monitor (connected to a DisplayPort) are unresponsive to the keyboard, and items cannot be dragged and dropped.

For example, I have a workspace that has the source and program monitor panels, plus the productions and media browser panels on my primary monitor. The rest are arranged on my secondary monitor.

I can use key strokes in any of the panels on the primary monitor, for example, hitting the spacebar will toggle playback in the source and program panels. I can also drag and drop clips from the media…

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Captions are displaying twice, and the second one can't be turned off

I'm on the new version of Premiere, and I have a 608 track that can be enabled and edited as designed. However, rendering OVER that in the Program Monitor are the same titles again in the style of 608 captions of Premiere 14.x. There seems to be no way to toggle these titles off, and they do not respond to editing the caption text. However, if I edit the text, save the project, close it and reopen it, the old style 608 titles will reflect whatever changes I had made before reopening the project.

If it helps, I notice the…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to import a folder of proxies and have them interpreted as Cam Orig framesize

Greetings! Like many other folks, we are remote shooting with camera crews and need to quickly get proxies from set that our editors can access quickly and start editing with. A common usecase is the proxies that the Canon C300 MK2 camera generates internally and records to an SD card. The camera originals are 3840x2160 and 400 MBS (23.98 fps, with 4 channels of audio). The proxies are 1920x1080. matching audio channels and framerate and 24 MBS, quite a bit smaller! We want to download these small proxies from set and have Premiere treat them as “attached proxies” even though…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PP15.0 New Captions - Need Caption track opacity options

My captions are almost always burned in. I need the ability to fade out captions. Right now, I can't do that with a video transition effect or opacity keyframes. This oversight is a huge step backwards for creating attractive burned-in captions. AND, I have no way to revert to the previous captioning where I can create those effects in a number of ways.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Caption Track Style: Make Available Across Projects

Currently, to share a Caption Track Style, it must be saved to disk from the Project Panel, then imported to a new project. Several users are asking for an easier way to share across projects and with their team members. In the Beta forum, staff indicated in Dec 2020 that "loading from libraries" was part of future plans. This is needed.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring the Pan and Zoom tool from Premiere Rush to Premiere PRO

Adobe Premiere Rush is getting a Pan and Zoom effect for quick and easy pan and zoom options for stills and (we can presume) video as well.

There was a time when effects and advancments flowed from Premiere or Rush, but not in this case. While we can manually create pan and zooms in PPro with keyframes a fast and easy automated Pan and Zoom would be great. Both Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve have this features to Premiere is behind.

Most of the development work would be done if this exists in Rush so it should be…

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add metadata stabilization for footage from recent sony cameras

Sony started to add post-recording stabilization using gyroscopic data to their line up which started with cameras like the Sony FX9 and later became available in the RX0, ZV-1, a7c, a7SIII, FX3 and FX6. Some of these cameras don't have IBIS. The only software so far that uses the gyro data is Sony's own Catalyst Browse which is free. It's awkward to do a round-trip to stabilize footage. Sony once announced they wanted to make the metadata available to other software companies.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. sony fx series cameras lens stabilisation metadata

Could you please add support to warp stabilizer to be able to read and use sonys lens stabilisation metadata that is recorded in its video file for stabilisation.
    Current work flow is stabilise then render file out in catalyst browse then edit in premiere.
    Also have the stabilisation metadata as saveable/extractable that could be taken from the cameras internally recorded files and then applied to matched files recorded on external raw recorders etc.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. BUG (v15.4.1) - h264 encodes are poor quality on M1 MacMini

h264 exports done on an M1 MacMini show significantly more compression artefacts than those done on non-M1 hardware. In investigating the problem I noticed that the file sizes are significantly smaller than expected and digging into the export shows that the resultant bitrate is only around 60% of what it should be. This is across all the built-in presets that use single-pass h264 hardware encoding as well as any custom ones. To prove the point I encoded the same file on several platforms, (both Mac and PC), with several export presets. See the attached file that shows the results.

h264…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. To make GoPro Cineform or Apple ProRes a default render codec in sequence settings instead i-Frame only MPEG.

To make GoPro Cineform or Apple ProRes a default render codec in sequence settings instead i-Frame only MPEG. i-frame only MPEG causes a lot of render bugs, which not appeared than you using a professional codecs in sequence settings.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug Premiere Pro 2020 crash when changing sequence settings

In the latest version I'm able to crash Premiere every time I make changes to a sequences setting - e.g. put in a new frame rate, change field order etc.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Would be very handy if "Split Segment" would just split your caption at cursor position instead of creating two duplicates.

1. User places the text cursor at the desired split point of a long caption segment.
    2. User presses Split Segment button.
    3. Premiere splits the segment into two segments, with the break point being where the cursor was positioned at the time they clicked the split segment button.

Thanks!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Turkish Language Support on Auto-Transcription feature

I need Turkish Language option on Auto-Transcription settings.
    I appreciate that if you add it as soon as possible. Thanks..

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rapid Memory Leak makes Premiere unusable

Premiere Pro CC 15.2 running on 2020 Mac Mini with 8GB RAM - MacOS Big Sur 11.4

Memory leak starts immediately and skyrockets after any edit, making editing impossible after just minutes. What this means is I have to restart Premiere after nearly every edit. Massive hit to productivity.

You can see in the attached screen recording, at one point tonight Premiere maxed out the 8GB memory and then used upwards of 12GB of Swap Memory, which also negatively affects the lifespan of the non-replaceable SSD in this computer.

Fix this ASAP.

Linking to video since the screen recording was…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Stability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take CLIP NAME (when multiple clips on sequence timeline i.e. all takes) and most importantly TIMECODE info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with clip names and time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adobe Premiere Pro Animatics functionalities request

That post is a follow up of the questions I asked to Karle Soule and Van Bediant on a recent Keycode Media PP event.

Animation is a market that is getting bigger and bigger every year, and a lot of people uses premiere for Animatics and Offline. But you do have to do a bit of workaround as PP is not designed to be Animatics friendly (around 1200 jpegs on a timeline for a 11min ep), and this is why you are in competition with Storyboard Pro for Animatics, as some studio move to Premiere just for the HD/final render…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Autoreframe custom size

Currently there's no option to set pixel size (width) when auto reframing. For instance, choosing 4:5 defaults to 864x1080, which is not the recommended size for Some (1080x1350 is, as of now).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base