Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The new export screen is clumsy, bulky, and requires more clicking.

I used to be able to easily zip up and down the various settings just with a quick scroll of the mouse wheel. Now, I'm constantly clicking, clicking, clicking to open various tabs. Because the boxes are much bigger, far less information is being displayed on my screen. Please, is there some way I can go back to the friendlier older version??

270 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

223 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All,

first of all I wanted to thank everyone for making this a productive conversation over the last couple of days.

As several people responded to my comment about keeping the tone civilised, I need to dwell on that for a minute. Please hear me out, this is important to everyone on my crew and I hope it will be to you.

Saying that we shouldn't be surprised when things get heated is very problematic in my opinion. How do you expect a junior person on my team to respond to a technical question when it is combined with something that can easily be described as hate speech? How do you think we can actually come together on actual issues when there's already the assumption that we're a big faceless corporation, not even listening to our customers?

People on my team have received threats. I've been there over the years,…

2. Give us option to choose whether we'd like to use the new export window or old

The new export window is really terrible.

look, I don't mind changing things a bit here and there, but for love of Mary and all holy please at least preserve the general layout logic that had been used before.

Also definitely not a big fan of the tabs being vertical rather than horizontal

I'm using premiere for 10+ years and developed solid muscle memory of what settings are where and I do not have the time to hunt for export setting and presets - especially if their new locations are completely different and follow whole new UX/UI logic

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Shortcuts cannot be used when entering Japanese on Windows

Shortcuts cannot be used when entering Japanese on Windows

On a Windows computer
    If the character input setting is "Japanese input (IME)" instead of "English input", the PremierePro shortcut will not work.

By the way, on Macintosh
    Shortcuts work even when “Japanese input” is selected.

Some users have complained about what they can do with Macintosh but not with Windows.

Windowsパソコンにおいて
    文字入力設定が、「英語入力」ではなく「日本語入力(IME)」になっていると、PremiereProのショートカットが効かない。

ちなみにMacintoshにおいては
    「日本語入力」の時でも、ショートカットが効く。

Macintoshではできるのに、WIndowsで出来ないことで、一部のユーザーから不満の声があがっている。

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  44 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to remove new Header Bar (22.3) from window

I'm a shortcuts person, and I like customizability. Please make the new Header Bar feature of Version 22.3 optional. I have no use for any of the buttons or information on the header, all of which are redundant and can be accessed either through the toolbar or via keyboard shortcuts. I appreciate that the Header may be convenient for new Premiere users, but for power users it is wasted screen real estate.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New Exporter & New Project UI's are a downgrade, less intuitive and efficient

New Exporter & New Project UI's are a downgrade, less intuitive and efficient. Please go back to the drawing board on these "new features" they do not help content creators.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Make the new workspace bar optional

I think the new workspace bar can be great for new users but for older users like me, who are used to using keyboard shortcuts to navigate, it would be convenient to be able to hide it to save space in the ui.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Get rid of the AWFUL new interface that came with the recent update...

The interface completely changed when opening and exporting, and my team HATES it and we cannot find out how to change it back. Please change it back or allow us to opt out of using it. It's unsightly and frankly looks unprofessional. Maybe that was the motivation, but as professionals, we hate it.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Revert to 12.2 Export Settings Window

Please revert to the Premiere Pro 12.2 and prior export window. I understand the desire to expand options to a full screen, but many changes are now much harder to reach.

For instance, we now have to decide the export folder and file name in separate bars, and are unable to select a file to populate the target file name and location. Why make this more difficult?

Where presets and adjustments were in close proximity before, immediately visible or a quick mouse scroll away, they're now buried in drop down and sandwich menus (target bitrate especially buried)

Any professional editor…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make it an option to remove the annoying new header bar that takes up valuable space!

The new header bar is pointless to myself and many other users and takes up valuable screen space. Especially for those users that are working on laptops or small monitors

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Revert Exporter on Premiere Pro

Please revert the Exporter on Premiere Pro. The new exporter is clunky, confusing, counter intuitive and difficult to navigate.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Rollback UI Change

The new UI is terribly inefficient. I'm not opposed to change, but give the option for the "iMovie" like import window w/ a new project or a power user type new project for those of us who import footage other ways. Blackmagic Resolve does this well for example, where you crate a project on one tab and then it takes you to the import window. If you want to go directly to the edit window because say you drag folders in, you can hop right to the edit window without trying to navigate a clunky importer. The new export UI…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop reinventig the wheel and making Premiere unusable!!

The new Start Screen, is horrible, to create a project in the right folder takes way too long and the new export screen is the absolute worse. Looks like a Adobe has a new UI designer who wants to reinvent the wheel and not focus on usability. Not sure where the aim is here, but definitely not the customer. If you want to make a fancy tool for the simple ICC guys, then play around with Premiere Elements, but please can you keep your fingers off the Premiere UI, so professionals can keep working with it?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Go back to previous interface

I hate new interface changes. It feels like Final Cut Pro X all over again - trying to simplify interface for kids and grandmas. Creating new project was pain. It took me about 10 minutes. Slow and unintuitive. Exporting new files is also much worse. I would like to have option to turn everything back to normal.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New export screen is clunky, cluttered and slower to use.

The new export screen is very badly designed. It takes me twice as long to use. It's clunky, requires scrolling and won't let me go into a directory and select a file I want to overwrite. I have to manually type the file name.

The old interface was dated and yes it needed updating but the new interface seems to have been designed by people who don't use this software everyday. Please streamline it! And please make it so I can go into a directory, click on a file and then be able to overwrite that file!

Thank you

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New Project Window

The updated UI for a New Project" is so much more cumbersome. Please give us the option to switch back to the original window. This new look is actually more time consuming, because it's spreed out across the screen.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to do maths in the number boxes, like in most other Adobe apps

I do maths in the input number boxes in After Effects, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator all the time (eg. something's scale is 317%, I want it half that, so I type "/2"). It seems weird that PPro cannot do this, and I have to use a calculator to work stuff out. Could we please have this ability?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The new update changing the export interface is not good at all.

Why would you change something that was working perfectly fine and make it horrible? You have to type in every filename manually now.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The redesigned New Project window is awful

It's laggy. The location dropdown is laggy, the folder navigation is laggy, takes ages to load folders. Nothing about it is an improvement on the old one, and nothing about it is better than just being able to easily hunt through folders in finder to select the project location instead.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2022.3: Can not scroll Audio Output Channels in Audio Channel Configuration.

In Export, I can not scroll the Audio Output Channels in Audio Channel Configuration.
    I have 16 channels of audio and can only view 6 and a half of them. The window does not have a scroll bar to see past channel 6.
    This is an imported 2022.2 project and preset to export a Pro Res with 16 audio channels.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Go back to normal UI like before. Nobody needs that crowded slow user interface, where the programm decides how to go on not the user!!!!!!!

JUST GO BACK TO WHERE IT WAS instead of implementing terrible low workflows that mix up any approved workflow disenfranchiseing the user! IT´s like the first digital cameras came out and any programmer thougt users are idiots that needs to be guided throug whatever they might do!

If you need something to work on - just adapt the user behavior from AE and make shure shortcuts in AE und PR are alle the same!!!! That would be a great job!!!!!!!!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 89 90
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base