Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Premiere, Audition, and AE icons different colors again

Until this recent update, it was very easy to look at a file and know if it's a Premiere, Audition, or AE File because the icons were different colors. Now that they're all purple, it's a lot harder to tell what type of file I'm looking at, especially if it's a small icon. There also seems to be no benefit to the average user for this change. Please change icons back to their previous colors or any other colors that aren't exactly the same.

84 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SPLIT VIEW in Project window... like in Media Browser and Premiere 6.5 (2002)

Premiere Pro's Media Browser has a Double-Column/Split view which is extremely useful. So why can't the Project window also have an option to toggle on/off Split view?

As implied by the name, Split view would split the Project window into 2 columns. In the left column, you'd have an always-visible List view of bins and sub bins. In the right column, you’d see a bin’s contents in either List or Icon view. Each column would be independently scrollable, just like in the Media Browser.

There are several benefits to this approach.

BENEFITS (see attached picture for reference):
    -Lower bins don’t…

33 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. version 14.5 - dual monitor bug

Since the update to 14.5.0, all panels that are on a secondary monitor (connected to a DisplayPort) are unresponsive to the keyboard, and items cannot be dragged and dropped.

For example, I have a workspace that has the source and program monitor panels, plus the productions and media browser panels on my primary monitor. The rest are arranged on my secondary monitor.

I can use key strokes in any of the panels on the primary monitor, for example, hitting the spacebar will toggle playback in the source and program panels. I can also drag and drop clips from the media…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change the icon colors back

Change the icon colors back to what they were before. The new colors are confusing and make my desktop toolbar on PC and MAC look boring. For a company that makes software specifically for creatives, this is the worst, non-creative, and most frustrating design choice they could have made.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix Selection Inconsistencies! (in Timeline, ECP, EGP, etc...)

The universal convention for selecting items works as follows (in MS Windows’ Explorer and all convention-respecting software, including most Adobe programs):

Ctrl-select = selects or deselects individual items, one by one.
    Shift-select = selects the range of items between a selected item and the Shift-selected one
    Ctrl-A = selects all items

Unfortunately, Premiere Pro has major consistency issues when it comes to how items are selected. This results in user frustration/confusion and a much less than ideal workflow. Here are the issues and proposed solutions (see chart):

PROJECT WINDOW: Shift & Ctrl-selecting/deselecting works as expected in all views: Icon, List…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please Add File Dates to the Bin Columns

Every edit system except Adobe Premiere, to my knowledge keeps the file date MetaData in the Bin Views, and even records the date that a sequence was started, How Novell.!!! I have gotten used to adding the date I build a sequence to it's title, but come on, is it that disruptive to the coders to cary along the date Metatfile info. PLEASE !!! This has been a big pet peeve of mine for almost a decade now, what is so hard or disruptive about adding a date column to the Bin Views.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Media Overwrite Warning in Timeline (so you don't erase clips outside visible area by mistake!)

SEE the Solution in action HERE! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5yjiwsWrZE&feature=youtu.be

PROBLEM:
    This is an issue probably all editors face daily: You move media into or already on the Timeline. Part of the media extends past the visible portion of the sequence. Will placing the media at the current playhead location erase any media on the non-visible portion of the sequence? How can an editor tell to avoid erasing something by mistake?

SOLUTION:
    The current solutions are an aggravating waste of time:
    a) To find out if any media was overwritten, the editor can zoom out on the Timeline to reveal the entirety of…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BACKGROUND EXPORT OF "COLLECT AND COPY"

SO, why is it that I can Make Media in the background (via a headless version opening up into Media Encoder), but I can't Collect and Copy a project the same way?

Situation is I'm in the middle of a massive job, and have to stop all my program editing in order to make a new project (with media) of the sizzle reel I cut. It draws from the entirety of the project, and so is a pretty large chunk of files (468 GB).

And I'm dead in the water until it's done.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop making duplicate bins when importing sequences. Merge them.

When bringing in a sequence from another project (dragging the clip from one project pane to another), Premiere adds all the needed new clips in their bins, but it adds the bins even if my new project already had the same bins. So I end up with two Audio bins, two Footage bins, two Edit bins etc, often with their own sub bins.

If I already have a bin with the same name, the footage should go in the existing bin rather than making a new one.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix the Effect Controls panel's interface so icons don't overlap controls

The Effect Controls panel's interface is poorly designed since icons and controls end up overlapping each other when keyframes are created (see illustration).

There are 2 simple solutions to this problem:
    1. Make the control's portion of the EFP snap to a larger minimum size when keyframes are created, to avoid overlaps.
    2. Place the 'Go to next/previous keyframe' and 'Add/Remove keyframe' buttons on a second line.

There's no logical reason that icons and controls should ever overlap in Pr, since this makes them much harder to access/use.

Thank you.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Color labels in Productions - should be able to make colors project/production-wide

An incredibly useful feature is being able to make all clip label colors the same, project-wide. For example, sort the Project window to group low res clips, make them a color, and now all those clips, in all timelines, show that color, making it easy to update them. But Productions has removed this feature (that Setting appears only when using a standalone project, not one in a Production), and it urgently needs to be brought back, as it's exactly the kind of feature a large project with multiple editors needs. We desperately need a workaround for this.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix issues with current Export window before spending resources on new 'Quick Export' feature!

While new features are usually exciting, the new 'Quick Export' Pr 14.5.0 beta is disheartening because rather than fixing issues in the current ‘Export Settings’ window, it adds workflow inconsistencies that ironically, make the ‘Quick’ tool slower to use!

ISSUES WITH 'QUICK EXPORT':
    1. No keyboard assignable shortcut. Power users want keyboard shortcuts! The ‘Export Settings’ window can be opened with keyboard shortcuts, so why can’t ‘Quick Export’? Shortcuts are always faster than mousing over to a little button!
    2. The position of the ‘Quick Export’ button is terrible for two reasons:

1.Not all users use the Workspaces panel, so
    2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Audio output settings

To NOT have to change audio output if I take off/put on headphones! Minor inconvenience yes, but why?

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Effect Controls: Constrain playhead to useable frames

Currently, when working in the Effect Controls panel (with Pin to Clip active), pressing End takes the playhead to the end of the clip instead of to the last frame of the clip (one click to the left) and actually displays the first frame of the incoming clip. This necessitates pressing left-arrow to move one frame backward. Dragging a keyframe to the end of the window actually places it one frame beyond the last frame (which is actually useless). This behavior is quite annoying when Selection Follows Playhead is active, as the Effect Controls panel switches from the clip you're…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Odd Rectangular Mask Behavior: Holding Shift + Dragging Snaps Unpredictably.

Clicking two points on a rectangle and attempting to Shift + Drag to keep points locked onto the X or Y axis doesn't work as expected. The axis meant to be locked will shift slightly, preventing you from masking precisely.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show sample color in Label menu

I always set label color to separate clips in timeline. But I never remember the color name. I have to try every single item in the Label menu until I found the color that I want. If there are sample colors in the menu will make it a lot faster.

68 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change back the icons the new icons are so ugly

The new Premiere pro is so ugly, you should change them back, a huge company like this brings a new update and many of the new icons have the same colors, and its just text in a rectangle, instead of more detail like before, its a shame and it literally hurts my eyes looking at them.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When creating proxies IGNORE append preset name to filename

When I create proxies but have append preset name to filename selected in Media Encoder, Premiere will ignore all the Proxies and I have to link them one by one myself! Such a waste of time.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to change marker color

Can you please add an option to change your marker colors to whatever color you want? For example in Avid MC I can make "M" on my keyboard a hot key for a bright yellow marker and then also make "N" on my keyboard a hot key for a bright red marker. It's really hard to see that "green-ish" marker on video/audio clips especially because there is no transparent color option for the audio clips.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 58 59
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base