Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Request for Essential Graphics Text Tool

Request for Essential Graphics Text Tool
    It is wonderful to be able to gradation the color of letters!
    Thank you very much! !! Very glad! !! All Japanese users are happy!

As a request for further creative creation ...
    ・ We want a gradation function for the border.
    ・ We also want a gradation function for shadows.
    -Multiple boundaries can be used. We want you to be able to use multiple shadows as well.

Especially in the Japanese video industry, multiple boundaries and their gradations are really used a lot. Hopefully at this time, we hope for further evolution!
    Thank…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. adaptive caption background

Please reinstate adaptive caption background length. The change to a static background length, determined by the longest line, has suddenly made any videos we produce with Premiere Pro inconsistent with all of our previous work. Like, overnight Adobe has forced our brand look to change. Please revert or give the user a choice.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

248 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Captions Customizability V15.0

I'd love the ability to add an effect to the captions layer (C1) to add a drop shadow. Currently, I can add a drop shadow to the text, which then creates separation from the colored background, but I can't choose the ordering to put the drop shadow in the back.

I am also repeating some other posts here requesting separate lines for captions, rather than a bigger BG that encompasses the entire text.

Forum Post with Example;
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/captions-customizability-v15-0/m-p/11902110#M335168

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Currently captions cannot go beyond safe margins

Please make it flexible for the editor to move the auto transcripted caption layer beyond the safe margins.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG: MOGRT Media replacement in linear color space

when using a mogrt created in Linearized Color Space in AE, media replacement does not interpret colors correctly. Replaced media is looking washed out. After Effects itself does interpret the media correctly, but Premiere on the mogrt side does it wrong.

Clearly a bug.

I'd like to attach a mogrt that illustrates the problem but your website does not allow it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Premiere improperly (and randomly) rendering track matte from MOGRT.

I have created a fairly basic animation in a MOGRT for lower thirds. There are two boxes that size responsively to the length of name and title. The animate on using track mattes. When imported into premiere on my machine they work fine. On a colleagues machine they do not. We both run Mac OS Catalina, latest version as of today. We also BOTH updated AE and Premiere to the latest version as of today.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug Report - PP 15.0

When bringing in a .mogrt on the new update my whole editing team has this error, which we've never seen before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export Error (Media Encoder)

made lower third in essential graphics with a background behind the text.
    looks good in premiere --> rendered with media encoder --> NO BACKGROUND
    rendered in premiere --> all good

Guys, the media encoder makes more and more trouble...

Werner

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. RETURN the feature of the TEXT BOX BEING FILLED COMPLETELY with the background, instead of just a portion.

COMPLETELY FILLED background in text boxes are ESSENTIAL for older people who are trying to read the words in congregational video music (required because of covid). Taking away that feature has left me in a tough spot as I work with shadowing, which is great, but does NOT have the same readability. It was there before the upgrade--just simply return it. Not sure why this is so hard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Non-vertically-resizing solids in Essential Graphics

Using the captioning feature in Essential Graphics, there is currently a significant problem - in my opinion - with how the background solids work. At the moment, if you use a solid or semi-transparent solid background behind a series of captions, then the background automatically resizes both horizontally and vertically for each text string. It's great to have horizontal resizing, but vertical resizing causes the background box to change height with every new caption. This really makes captions look messy. I am certain my clients will complain about this, and I'll end up making my own background solid and manually…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Curved Corners to Text Backgrounds (to look like TikTok text)

I'd like to create TikTok videos fully in Premiere Pro or Rush, but the text is a dead give away that the video was not produced within the app. Can you add the ability to round the corners on the text backgrounds so it looks like the text in TikTok? Would be great if you can create Essential Graphics templates that allow you to add Instagram and TikTok text fonts and styles.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. BUG: You cannot add an ellipsis character in the Essential Graphics panel

If you want to add an ellipsis (… instead of a period period period), you have to do it using the type tool in the Program monitor. This is somewhat inconvenient because it pops up in a tiny single-line editing window, but it does work as a workaround to typing the ellipsis character in the Essential Graphics window.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. BUG REPORT - Essential Graphics crash when editing

When trying to make an edit on an essential graphics template, any attempt to edit text results in a freeze in the program monitor, followed by a crash of the software. Shouldn't have to restart a project 6 times trying to edit one sentence.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Animate key frames in .mogrt and essential graphics panel

When creating a motion graphics template you cannot set key frames and animate over time currently. It would be so helpful to create animations in AE, export the mogrt, open in Premiere Pro, key frame and animate the essential properties as needed over time. Also customizing the slider values in essential properties. Example set X position of 640 to display as 1 in the slider value. Then set the values for 2, 3, 4 etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. layouts workspace crash

My premier pro crashes when I click on Color or the graphics workspace. I tried creating new layouts, deleting the old, importing others, etc. it crashes every time so i cannot use graphics or effects anymore. This happened randomly while working on a project. From one second to the other. didn't have this issue before,it appeared on wed. 24 feb 21

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make each essential graphics asset animatable

Please make it so individual items within one essential graphic can be animated separately (text and shapes can transition in at different times etc.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Introduce Null objects to move various clips at once

There should be null objects in order to improve clips movement on Premiere.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Is the format of the new GraphicsAndType base64 documented somewhare

The former JSON format doesn't seem to work anymore.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I found bug in app.

When I work with captions and I try to click on Fill box, the Premiere come to freeze and I have to kill this process from the Task Manager Windows 10.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base