Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding effects directly to video layers (Audio Track Mixer for Video layers)

Being able to add effects directly to a layer which makes all clips on that layer affected would be a huge time saver.
    If you have a multicamera sequence with 3 different cameras where you want to add same grade to all clips on track 1, track 2 and track 3 seperately.

Or even being able to make adjustment layers only affect the clips on the layer directly beneath would also be amazing... (like in photoshop)

168 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add metadata stabilization for footage from recent sony cameras

Sony started to add post-recording stabilization using gyroscopic data to their line up which started with cameras like the Sony FX9 and later became available in the RX0, ZV-1, a7c, a7SIII, FX3 and FX6. Some of these cameras don't have IBIS. The only software so far that uses the gyro data is Sony's own Catalyst Browse which is free. It's awkward to do a round-trip to stabilize footage. Sony once announced they wanted to make the metadata available to other software companies.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring the Pan and Zoom tool from Premiere Rush to Premiere PRO

Adobe Premiere Rush is getting a Pan and Zoom effect for quick and easy pan and zoom options for stills and (we can presume) video as well.

There was a time when effects and advancments flowed from Premiere or Rush, but not in this case. While we can manually create pan and zooms in PPro with keyframes a fast and easy automated Pan and Zoom would be great. Both Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve have this features to Premiere is behind.

Most of the development work would be done if this exists in Rush so it should be…

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: Optical Flow and M1 Max

Hi,

I am having a consistent bug in which optical flow on clips renders improperly on my M1 Max Macbook Pro. This occurs on both .mp4 and ProRes clips during timeline renders and exports. This bug appears to have been around for some time. Unless fixed, I cannot use my M1 machine on commercial projects.

M1 Max, 64GB memory

Version 22.0.0 (Build 169)

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Masking tools in Warp Stablizer (to decide which parts of a clip get analyzed!)

The Warp Stabilizer tool should have built-in masking tools for users to be able to decide which part(s) of a clip get analyzed for stabilization! (i.e. ability to ignore from analysis certain moving objects that can throw stabilization out of whack.)

TIP You can already decide which part(s) of a clip get analyzed for stabilization!

But it takes a few steps:
    1. Mask out parts of the clip you want Warp Stablizer to ignore using Opacity effect mask(s).
    2. Nest masked clip.
    3. Apply Warp Stabilizer to nest.
    4. Once the clip is stabilized, open nest.
    5. Turn off Opacity…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG - Warp Stabiliser Mac M1 Pro

Using a MacBook Pro with M1 Pro chip:

Adding 50fps footage to a 25fps sequence to allow for slow motion if desired. If you add a warp stabiliser to this footage within the 25fps sequence the footage becomes heavily pixelated - very similar looking to the other issue I have posted relating to pixelation with hardware encoding export using the M1 Pro chip.

If you add 50fps footage to a 50fps sequence and add a warp stabiliser this issue does not happen. Equally the fault in it's entirety does NOT happen on a Windows PC or an Intel based Mac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Treat "Source" effects as the Intrinsic effects are, and display only one Effects Control tab

Currently there are two tabs for the Effects Control Panel ... the Source and Sequence tabs.

Much "modern" media is meta-driven, and has what are set as "Source" tab controls: all Log & RAW formats among others.

But the user never ever sees ALL effects on a clip in one place, and does not even KNOW there are perhaps Source effects applied when in the Sequence effects tab.

Plus ... the only way to get between them requires a mouse action, as there are no keyboard shortcuts nor control surface actions to change panels.

It's slow, clunky, inefficient, and ...…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Select transitions for multiple clips at once

I want to select transitions for multiple clips at once
    We can select edit points at once with Ctrl + drag.
    However, there is no way to select transitions all at once.

To select multiple transitions
    1. Hold down the SHIFT key and click, and select each multiple clip transitions.
    There is no other way.

As a method of selecting transitions at once, it is good to use Ctrl + SHIFT + drag, Ctrl + ALT + drag, etc.

afterwards,
    We can easily change the duration by right-clicking.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. why are some of the wipes that are available on the PC missing on the Mac, for example the "random wipe"?

This is not really an idea but more of a statement. Can you please keep the same wipes and effects for both systems. I was working on a Premier project that was on a PC and when I opened it on the Mac the wipe effect that is on the pc is missing on the Mac. Why can't they just have the same ones?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ad Hot key to apply Warpstabilizier and the ability to change the Warpstabilizer default setting bevor ad the stabilizer.

Ad Hot key to apply Warpstabilizier and the ability to change the Warpstabilizer default settings bevor ad the stabilizer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Premiere Pro Effects Presets Need to retain the custom names given to them!

I go through the trouble of giving several effects custom names and then saving as a preset. Why would premiere delete my custom names and replace them with the name of the preset instead of the actual names!?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMES - Ability to stick keyframes to clip´s start and end

PROBLEM: How often do I loose keyframes at start/end of clips when trimming a clip and the keyframe is then out of visible range.
    SOLUTION:
    I want the ability to make certain keyframes sticking relative to clip start and end. It would be great for presets and editing in my case!
    Imagine the endless possibilties of selfmade transitions.
    IMPLEMENTATION:
    It could be simple an user friendly: Let me select keyframes to stick it to: start/end/stretch with length of clip.
    Or there could be a second option for "cliplength-relative keyframing".

I name it: RESPONSIVE KEYFRAMING ;-)

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. easy motion tracking option for adding tracked text or images

Premiere already has the ability to track a mask forwards or backwards using both position, scale and rotation. I cannot understand why the position data is not available to copy onto other position/scale/rotation tracks. This is something that premiere already does, but this information is not given to us! PLEASE Adobe, let us have this information so we can easily track text or graphics to a subject without the hassle of opening AE to do it.

This should be super easy for you to implement - there is already a paid plugin that has been created with this very function,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Paste and replace" effects

In After Effects, when I have a Box Blur effect of 10px, for example, applied to a layer, and I paste another Box Blur effect of 15px, it replaces the old one, and does not create a new effect on top of the previous.
    In other words, pasting the same effect on a layer that already has it, just updates the parameters.

I wish I had that same behavior in Premiere Pro, specially when I am doing clip-by-clip color adjustments using Lumetri.

For instance, when I have already made an adjustment to a series of clips, and I wish to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. iris bug

There seems to be a bug with certain transitions (such as all the iris shapes). As long as the duration is under one second, it behaves normally, but after dragging it longer, the transition will actually appear shorter, no longer filling its full duration. Pulling the transition beyond three seconds makes the duration only appear for a few frames.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support for True 8k Images (8,192 x 6,144 - 4:3 ratio) for Pan and Zoom Applications

We have a new product for scanning electron microscopists, which is an 8k x 8k imaging system. When I load the image and create the Zoom in and pan effect, then zoom out; everything looks good in the preview. However, when I go to save it in 1080p everything gets choppy and resolution loss is too much.

The goal as a marketer I am trying to achieve is to be able to make two 15 second videos; one with an 8k image and the other with a 2k image. Zoom into the same area where the 8k image at 1,000…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shortcut for secondary default transition length

Basically during an edit I am often trimming dialogue audio where I want a ~5 frame default transition, but then adding crossfades to music where i usually want a ~20 frame transition. I am adding a lot right now!

Basically my suggestion is two default audio transition lengths, one being the primary default, and the other being a "secondary" default that could be activated by a different shortcut, maybe Ctrl+Shift+D (of course can be set to whatever you want).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add "Crop" under Effect Controls

The video effect "Crop" should be part of the other default effects in Effect Controls. I use "Crop" so often that it's annoying to constantly add it from the Video Effects Folder. It just makes sense to add it alongside "Position," "Scale," and "Rotation."

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premiere Pro, ability to "stretch" multiple key frames so that they keep their relative distances.

Premiere Pro, ability to "stretch" multiple key frames so that they keep their relative distances.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base