Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include timecode and speaker names on caption export

Speech to Text caption text export really needs to include timecode and speaker names.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

47 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple caption tracks visible for accessibility

In the previous version of Premiere Pro, I was able to add multiple captions and make them visible in order to have English/Spanish on screen. But in the latest version (Version 15.0.0) only one track of captioning is available.

This makes it hard for those of us who are working on making our videos accessible to multiple audiences. Please bring back the ability to have multiple tracks of captioning visible at the same time.

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is not a bug, it’s as designed. We specifically limit the visibility to one track at a time to avoid accidentally burning in multiple tracks. Also, when exporting to a format that only supports one captions stream like SRT or STL, we need to know which is the active track in order to export the correct track.

But I understand why you might need two tracks visible at the same time.

Multiple speakers:
    If we could automatically identify speakers and designate a style associated with them, would that help? For example speaker 1 is blue and on the left, speaker 2 is yellow and on the right?

Multiple languages:
    Do you ever need to burn in both at the same time or is it just a matter of being able to see both to aid in translation and alignment?

Thanks for the feedback, we really are listening :)

3. "Create captions" not working.

The transcription process works great. As soon as I click the "Create Captions" button, I get the screen below, and it never changes. I can cancel it an go back to the transcription, but can not get any further. I've tried resetting my Premier settings, and resetting the workspace. I've even uninstalled and re-installed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move Captions to the bottom of the screen

It would be useful to be able to move the captions all the way to the bottom of the screen.

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Speech to text - Dutch

Please add the Dutch language support

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take clip name (all takes on timeline) and timecode info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look at text in Word or similar.

If the exported text…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I want the automatic transcription function to be essential graphics text.

The new caption feature is great! Thank you for developing!
    But we have more requests.
    Currently, the recorded voice is made into a text as a "caption".
    We want you to make it as "essential graphics text", not as "caption".

Because ...
    Captions cannot be styled on a clip-by-clip basis.
    Captions cannot be animated using keyframes.

Captions can't do what you can do with such essential graphics text.
    We want it to be more flexible.

【自動文字起こし機能をエッセンシャルグラフィックステキストにしてほしい】

新しいキャプション機能は素晴らしい!開発してくれてありがとう!
    しかし、私たちはもっとお願いがある。
    現在はレコーディングした音声が「キャプション」としてテキストが作られている。
    私たちは「キャプション」ではなく、「エッセンシャッルグラフィックステキスト」として作ってほしい。

なぜなら・・・
    キャプションは、クリップごとにスタイルが適用できない。
    キャプションは、キーフレームを使ったアニメーションができない。

このようなエッセンシャルグラフィックステキストならできる演出が、キャプションではできない。
    私たちはもっと自由度の高いものにしてほしい。

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Captions are displaying twice, and the second one can't be turned off

I'm on the new version of Premiere, and I have a 608 track that can be enabled and edited as designed. However, rendering OVER that in the Program Monitor are the same titles again in the style of 608 captions of Premiere 14.x. There seems to be no way to toggle these titles off, and they do not respond to editing the caption text. However, if I edit the text, save the project, close it and reopen it, the old style 608 titles will reflect whatever changes I had made before reopening the project.

If it helps, I notice the…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PP15.0 New Captions - Need Caption track opacity options

My captions are almost always burned in. I need the ability to fade out captions. Right now, I can't do that with a video transition effect or opacity keyframes. This oversight is a huge step backwards for creating attractive burned-in captions. AND, I have no way to revert to the previous captioning where I can create those effects in a number of ways.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Caption Track Style: Make Available Across Projects

Currently, to share a Caption Track Style, it must be saved to disk from the Project Panel, then imported to a new project. Several users are asking for an easier way to share across projects and with their team members. In the Beta forum, staff indicated in Dec 2020 that "loading from libraries" was part of future plans. This is needed.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Would be very handy if "Split Segment" would just split your caption at cursor position instead of creating two duplicates.

1. User places the text cursor at the desired split point of a long caption segment.
    2. User presses Split Segment button.
    3. Premiere splits the segment into two segments, with the break point being where the cursor was positioned at the time they clicked the split segment button.

Thanks!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Turkish Language Support on Auto-Transcription feature

I need Turkish Language option on Auto-Transcription settings.
    I appreciate that if you add it as soon as possible. Thanks..

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. REMOVE CENSORSHIP on Premiere Pro NEW TRANSCRIPT feature

Your new text transcript feature censors certain words.
    It is not the job of Adobe to censor anything.
    That is an editor's decision not yours.
    Please remove these restrictions as soon as possible.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Preserving Caption Timing and Formatting

When modifying/editing captions on Premiere Pro, in order to avoid timing being out of sync during ingest on YouTube.com, a blank “bumper” caption must be added to the top of all caption sequences. This is only needed for .scc caption files as .srt seems to have no issues with maintaining the timing for each caption set by the captioner. It would be convenient to stick to .srt as the standard captioning file, however specific formatting that occasionally must be used (top-placing captions, italics, etc) are lost in .srt when uploading to YouTube.com. The metadata tags are translated incorrectly and odd…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Add new captions segment" in Text Panel 3 dots Dropdown Does Not Work

See post in forum. Bug also filed in Beta. Tested in 15.4.1 and Beta 22 Build 63.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/no-to-add-captions-in-premiere-pro/m-p/12349974#M365071

Narrow the Text Panel so the Plus symbol (ato add a new caption segment) does not show. The "Add new captions segment" is available in the 3 dots dropdown. But when you click on that option, nothing happens.

Workarounds include expanding the Text Panel to use the plus symbol and using the shortcut Ctrl-Alt-C.

Stan

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BETA Add speaker names and 2 lines option to captions from transcription

I really like what you all have done outside of the box and testing on day one. My two suggestions come from the options I have and use with otter.ai which is our current way to auto generate captions that I then clean up. 1. I didn’t see an option how to add speakers to the closed captioning from the transcript. I can do it on the transcript side but then making that into cc names were not included. 2. Give the option of the closed captioning to be 2 lines instead of one easily. I know I can go…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Glyph font appears in Caption search and edit windows [Bug]

In PR 15 with the new Caption workflow, the Glyph character set is displayed instead of English language characters. In the attached screenshot you can see:
    - Caption search screen displays Glyphs (WingDings?) font set
    - Caption block displays correctly in English.
    - Caption block displays incorrectly in Glyphs when selected to edit.

Text characters display correctly in the timeline and in the preview panel. Uninstalling and a fresh install of PR 15 upgrade did not resolve the issue.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix the caption editor.

I started using the caption editor when I was approved for early access to the automatic transcription feature.
    This feature is great, and I only need to make the occasional minor correction (usually proper nouns and punctuation), but the problem is that the text editor for the captions is...well, for lack of a better word, complete garbage.

It has a ridiculous amount of lag between a click and the action that click was supposed to perform actually taking place, and often it will seemingly randomly highlight sections of the text as I am typing, so an action as simple as…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2021 Captions in Nests need to be able to exported as SideCar or Embed via Master Sequence(s)

2020 Premiere allowed for captions to be placed in nests and would then show up in a master sequence and exported as embeded closed captioning or side cars. With the latest 2021 update, this is no longer possible and allows for burned in captions only. This is detrimental for workflow. Please allow nested closed captioning to be exported as embedded or side cars in a master sequence.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base