Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug Report: Auto ducking not generating key frames correctly

Since updating to premier pro 2020 (windows) from 2019 I have experienced the same problem at random in every project I've created.

I create simple projects with a voice over, and a music track and use the auto ducking feature as intended.

I am finding randomly half way through every project I will encounter a point where generating key frames for the background music will ignore the voiceover track. Typically this means it just doesn't duck no matter what you do.
    I have tried deleting and re-importing the media to no effect.
    It will only be one random clip or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG changing audio hardware preferences does not change audio hardware used.

Changing from ASIO from the decklink to MME from the computer audio out put does not change the audio output. It works in After Effects but not Premiere. latest CC updates. Asus ws8 mobo. decklink 4k Extreme 12g. Premiere is not happy in this release at all

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audio Bugs in Premiere 2020

There is no audio playback within Premier. After resetting the playback settings and using the Adobe Desktop Audio, the sound was back. New project and it's back to no sound whatsoever. Doesn't matter what I change, I cannot get audio inside of premier to play. All other Audio works. WHY DO THE"Y HAVE TO CALL IT ADOBE DESKTOP AUDIO?????? Just use the System Audio!

When audio is working, the audio is completely out of sync from the video file. Video and waveform lines up correctly and is NOT seperated, but video plays back way waster than the audio.

Da Vinci…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. no sound

My premiere Pro has no sound playback. I changed the settings in "audio hardware" in the preference setting and uninstall and re-download premiere but I still have no success. I made sure the sound isn't on mute. I tried using the bar and tones sample file but still have no audio. I've been using Premiere for years and never had this problem before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Have you recently installed the Newtek software or NDI driver? If you have, please check that “Preference>Playback>Audio Device…” dropdown is set to “Adobe Desktop Audio” and not to “NDI Output”.

If you still have an issue with audio playback after checking and changing that setting, please post a screenshot of the Preference>Playback section.

Thanks!

5. Essential Sound Ducking: Keyframe Generation taking unreasonable amount of time

Audio keyframe generation takes around 15 minutes for a 25 minute long program.
    Trying to change audio gain while this is happening brings up the "Calculating Audio Peaks" window with an immobile progress bar, which doesn't move until the keyframes are generated, which leads me to believe this is an issue on the level of Audio Peak generation.

Have tried reducing project size, removing unused clips and files, clearing media cache and changing its location to an nvme ssd. Nothing helps.

Latest premiere pro update (12,1,1 build 10), on mac OS Sierra, Mac Pro late 2013 with no shortage of…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We just released an update (12.1.2) that has a number of fixes incl. an update to the generation of keyframes for audio ducking. Further info is available here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

It would be great to check if this updates also covers the issue you were facing. If not, it would be great if one of our engineers could get in touch with you to take a closer look at your project, settings etc.

Thanks
    Patrick

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base