Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Some eyedroppers do not work properly when color management is enabled.

If you enable the check box in Preferences > General > Display color management, it will adjust the colors on the Source and Program monitors according to that monitor’s associated .icm file. However, this is only for viewing purposes on that specific monitor.
    For an eyedropper to work properly, it must sample the color as it exists BEFORE color management is applied to it. But most of the eyedroppers inside of Premiere will only sample a color AFTER it has been adjusted by color management.
    You can prove this by turning on color management, then trying to use a Color…

357 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Put red in the center of Lumetri curves, not cyan. That would make it easier to adjust skin tones.

For the Lumetri Color Effect’s curves controls (Hue vs Sat, Hue vs Hue, and Hue vs Luma), cyan is in the center, while red is on the far left and right sides. This is inconvenient, because most users will probably want to adjust skin tones more than anything else, and skin tones are almost always somewhere in the reds and yellows. Therefore, I propose that red be in the center by default, while cyan is on the edges.
    NOTE: Because a horizontal scroll bar is already available, it is possible for the user to essentially do this themselves... but because…

335 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  25 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hebrew punctuation in open captions do not work correctly

When using open captions in the Hebrew language, the punctuation marks typed at the end of a sentence always appear at the beginning of the sentence.

81 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove or add an option to turn off : "Your video was exported successfully"

Please,

Remove or give us an option in the Preferences to turn off the prompt message: Your video was successfully exported"

It's very annoying...

69 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. version 14.5 - dual monitor bug

Since the update to 14.5.0, all panels that are on a secondary monitor (connected to a DisplayPort) are unresponsive to the keyboard, and items cannot be dragged and dropped.

For example, I have a workspace that has the source and program monitor panels, plus the productions and media browser panels on my primary monitor. The rest are arranged on my secondary monitor.

I can use key strokes in any of the panels on the primary monitor, for example, hitting the spacebar will toggle playback in the source and program panels. I can also drag and drop clips from the media…

64 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Success - Your video was exported successfully" window not necessary

"Success - Your video was exported successfully" window not necessary

42 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make Premiere, Audition, and AE icons different colors again

Until this recent update, it was very easy to look at a file and know if it's a Premiere, Audition, or AE File because the icons were different colors. Now that they're all purple, it's a lot harder to tell what type of file I'm looking at, especially if it's a small icon. There also seems to be no benefit to the average user for this change. Please change icons back to their previous colors or any other colors that aren't exactly the same.

124 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. bug premiere pro 2020

bug report on premiere pro 2020: playback stop while playing on timeline and then display message: "A low-level excerption occurred in: Adobe Player (Player:11)" - then Premiere crash, and i have to force quit from force quit application. i'm working on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports), 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7,

324 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

241 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do monitor User Voice; we share your disappointment that we don’t have a reproducible case, for this issue.

If you can reliably reproduce the ‘low level exception’ problem, on your system, please contact Support and provide them with any files and source media required for that repro case, as well as (important!) step-by-step instructions on how you can reproduce the issue.

We’re eager to pursue the issue further.

9. Bring the Pan and Zoom tool from Premiere Rush to Premiere PRO

Adobe Premiere Rush is getting a Pan and Zoom effect for quick and easy pan and zoom options for stills and (we can presume) video as well.

There was a time when effects and advancments flowed from Premiere or Rush, but not in this case. While we can manually create pan and zooms in PPro with keyframes a fast and easy automated Pan and Zoom would be great. Both Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve have this features to Premiere is behind.

Most of the development work would be done if this exists in Rush so it should be…

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

219 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. New shortcuts to choose where to PASTE 'on the fly'! (highest, lowest or same video track)

Timeline pasting is a daily, 'everybody-uses-it' editing function. So why has it still not been improved?

Vastly improving pasting is simple: Give users the ability to choose 'on the fly' where they want their media pasted or insert-pasted:
    1. on the lowest enabled track (current behavior)
    2. on the highest enabled track
    3. on the same track in was copied from

By providing new shortcut options, EVERYONE would be happy:
    1. Users who like the current way pasting works wouldn't notice any difference.
    2. Users who want media pasted to the highest enabled track where there's always the most free…

40 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve Snapping in Effect Controls Window! (so it doesn't jump to next clip, etc.)

There are 2 ways the Effect Controls Window workflow could be greatly improved, simply by improving Snapping:

1. When moving the playhead to the end of a clip in the ECW, dragging a keyframe to the end, or jumping to the end with the 'Go to next edit point' shortcut, the playhead and/or keyframe should automatically snap to the beginning of the last frame rather than to the end of it. This way, the clip loaded in the ECW remains visible in the Program Monitor, rather than the ECW and Program Monitor jumping to the next clip!

2. When turning off 'Pin…

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SPLIT VIEW in Project window... like in Media Browser and Premiere 6.5 (2002)

Premiere Pro's Media Browser has a Double-Column/Split view which is extremely useful. So why can't the Project window also have an option to toggle on/off Split view?

As implied by the name, Split view would split the Project window into 2 columns. In the left column, you'd have an always-visible List view of bins and sub bins. In the right column, you’d see a bin’s contents in either List or Icon view. Each column would be independently scrollable, just like in the Media Browser.

There are several benefits to this approach.

BENEFITS (see attached picture for reference):
    -Lower bins don’t…

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG* Lumetri curves adjustment causing blocky artifacts with Nvidia studio drivers

BUG REPORT* White blocky artifacts cover screen when using curves under lumetri panel (Premier and After Effects latest build. (14.3.0 & 17.1.1) This is when utilizing Mercury playback engine. Using 1080 ti and latest several Nividia studio and game ready drivers have caused this issue. Current studio driver I'm using is 451.48. Using an older game ready driver does not cause this issue. I have noticed most of lumetri will process the color fine, but the curves adjustment will not process correctly, resulting in the results you see below.

45 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Audio cross dissolve playback glitching.

Since the most recent update, I get glitching in audio playback. It happens when the playhead crosses almost any audio crossdissolve. It does not seem to effect exported video but only during playback. It makes accurate editing difficult, though.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring back CC Icons!!!

The most recent June CC update that changed all the program icons is absolutely unacceptable. Recoloring slightly to group programs together is fine, but changing Premiere, After Effects, Character Animator, AME, etc to all the same purple is EXTREMELY unintuitve and awful, workflow-interrupting design. PLEASE change back to their unique colors!

55 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers. Sometimes it even goes back to the first frame.

If this also happens to you please tell your story in Adobe Community Forums : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cc-2020-timeline-clips-shifts-after-moving-project-relocating-relinking/m-p/10923880

Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
    Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
    Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with…

73 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Projects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug in Premiere Pro - version 14.5.0

I updated to the latest version today, Oct. 21, 2020 - - whenever I am working in a project in Premiere, and then close the project to open another project, ALL keyboard shortcuts stop working. I have to completely quit Premiere, and reset preferences (hold "Option/ALT" upon launching) for the shortcuts to be restored.

And then if I hop to another project, again, the shortcuts stop working.

I have zero custom keyboard shortcuts; all of the shortcuts that cease to work are the ones native to Premiere.

Premiere Version: 14.5.0

Working on an iMac Pro 2017
    macOS Catalina - 10.15.7

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sounds scary; we’re not yet able to reproduce that behavior, here.

Confirming: In Preferences —> General —> Most Recent, is yours set to show the Home screen (the default behavior), or have you changed the pref to “open most recent”?

19. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

540 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

150 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Read LTC/AUX TC from audio track

Our camera crews are working more and more with recording TC embedded onto the audio track because there is no “TC in” on some cameras. You need this TC, for example, to be able to group clips in multicamera productions. At the moment Premiere Pro is not able to read this TC. DaVinci Resolve and Avid both have this feature and it is desperately needed to optimize basic multicamera production workflows. I have found a few requests on here but had the need to open another one and reference those in mine. We have the feeling that many users of…

47 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 440 441
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base