Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1924 results found

1. Recent project history

Recent projects are cleared out if your drive that you save to isn't on when you open Premiere Pro, if you do a lot of work and wish to keep track of all projects you have worked on and their locations (drive it is saved to) then this becomes a problem.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. mask not activating

cant seem to get the mask (under opacity) to work. I click it.. it ads a mask (1) but no pen tool activates

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fullscreen Mode aka Lightroom

A fullscreen mode aka in Lightroom will be nice.. especially on our laptop, you can save space for another track on the timeline.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Media Browser access network shares

The Media Browser still feels like it's from the XP era. It has some useful features that benefit my workflow - but it needs to be able to access network shares in Windows. Currently it can only access ones mapped to letter drives - incomplete.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. BUG: Workspace settings do not retain certain settings

When creating a new project, or switching from another workspace, some workspace settings are not recovered.
    These include:
    PROJECT PANEL: Bin Metadata, Order, Column widths
    TIMECODE PANEL: Size, Selected preset

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. fix the anomaly where multiple tabs of the same project are open in the project pane

Why does my project panel have the same project opened multiple times? I've closed the project (and the multiple references to that project all close), but when I open the project later, there they are again, multiple references to the same project.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Brighten the bin highlight color in Project panel

The color a bin gets highlighted when you are dragging an item around the project pane is too dark, and doesn't really read against the background so it's hard to see if you are going to drop into the right bin! Make more contrast between the highlighted color and the background color! See video: https://youtu.be/c6HEKUG9eQI
    Instead of this: https://i.imgur.com/Q7V9brH.png
    Do this: https://i.imgur.com/1mgwenU.png

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Parenting Markers + Other Enhanced Marker Features

More flexibility with markers:

• The ability to PARENT them to clips so that they stick to that clip, similar to how you can parent things together in After Effects with the whip tool. That way you never have to worry if a cut you just made has thrown off all of the markers in your timeline. You can rest assured, knowing that they're sticking and moving with your clips.

• Ability to 'hide' markers that are completed (if using them for notes/revision purposes) so that they are transparent and don't show up as a color in the timeline.

• Ability to select…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Media Labels with both Master / Local control

In the same manor you can apply an effect to the master instance of a clip or apply it to an individual clip on the timeline, I would like to have the option to change the label color on a piece of media and have the option of pushing that change to all instances of that media present in all sequences within the project.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide feedback without having to open web browser

Please allow users providing feedback with sending them in in-app panels, rather than opening an external browser.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Are you 'Update ready'? Be sure before you click!

In future it would be a really polite thing to advise owners when we get our monthly billing subscription notification what updates are available and more importantly whether the hardware/operating system configuration/history can support the update.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve the Ui Resizing

Premiere pro does not allow, natively, to resizing of Ui, but this feature it would be convenient for do not strain your eyes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. audio and video track color coded

Allow not only color code the clips but also the tracks, which would override clips color (so every time you add a clip to a certain track, that clip takes the track color. Very useful for audio, specially when lots of tracks) Also, the audio track faders should be same color of the track.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Multiple VST/Track FX windows

Would like the ability to have at least a second Track FX window, for audio VST to allow making changes while viewing results in the Loudness Radar. Currently, when I have to make changes that affect loudness output, because of the single windows limitation, I have to switch back and forth between the VST and Radar.

As a option, would it possible to give the Loudness Radar it's own program window, freeing up the Track FX window?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Custom Workspaces and Encoding Settings Disappear with an Update

Every time a major update occurs to the Adobe Priemere the custom workspaces (that I've designed that help me and my team of editors get work done efficiently) and our standard Media Encoding presets (on both Priemere and the Media Encoder Queue app) just disappear. I find myself repairing, and creating new presets every few months.

Generally, I wouldn't care so much, but it's starting to affect project consistency. Media is getting encoded at the wrong settings causing playback and shipping issues.

Please advise

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Several major issues with the Media Browser

-The media browser can be very slow, proportional to the amount of folder/files it has to open. (I have to wait several minutes for it to load a folder with 1963 folders in it. Explorer loads that instantly.)
    -Even when a large folder has been clicked on in the media browser, and has files inside, it will always first display nothing, as if it is completely empty. A second or two later, the text "Reading..." appears. This means that the user never knows if a folder is actually empty, unless they wait an indeterminite amount of time, to see if…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug: Cannot visually identify a disabled clip when its name is hidden and you're zoomed out.

Like the description says, if you have turned off clip names, and the clip is disabled, and you are zoomed out so you only see the thumbnail, you cannot visually identify which clips are disabled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A shortcut to delete (or recover) the audio for all selected clips

Often, when inserting B-roll into a timeline, I want see if the audio is important, and/or usable. If not, I want to delete it. The current method is to alt+click or alt+click+drag on only the audio clip(s), then press delete. It would be far easier to have a shortcut that only deleted audio of all the currently selected clips.

Furthermore, the opposite would also be useful. Sometimes, I want to get back the audio from clips after I've deleted it off the timeline. My current solution is to position the playhead over the clip, click on it, hit the shortcut…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A keyboard shortcut to ONLY delete transitions

Currently, the only way to delete transitions is to zoom in and manually, carefully select them, one at a time, while holding SHIFT, and then pressing delete.
    It would be far easier to just be able to select clips normally, and then hit one key that only deletes the transitions on those clips, while leaving everything else intact.
    Technically, the Palette Gear does have this feature (they put it in at my request) but that's the only way to get it, currently.

This is item #5 in my spreadsheet
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868629

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. An option to remove the audio clip icon overlays for L, R, Ch. 1, Ch. 2, etc.

These are constantly covering up the waveforms, making it difficult to edit audio, unless you zoom in and/or increase the track height.
    Here's in image to show just how troublesome this can be:
    https://i.imgur.com/QwzkSeO.png

The ideal solution would also have an associated shortcut, for easy toggling on/off, just as we have for audio track names.

This is item 96 on my spreadsheet.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dVJb7kI_ZETLavrplfARgn9gL8HUpvkq6A0jCPxqA3w/edit#gid=1133868629

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base