Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug - Changing workspace occasionally hard crashes Premiere

I have custom workspaces for editing and colour grading. Occasionally I'll click to switch between the two, and Premiere will hard crash without warning.

I've only spotted this in 12.1.1.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Scrub Frame By Frame Modifier Key

When scrubbing the timeline it would be nice to be able to "gear down" the CTI play-head so that it plays / attempts to play every frame as you scrub forward. This behavior is what you get when you scrub the time code numbers in the various timeline/source/program panels, but it would feel more fluid just to hold down the shift key and scrub across clips and be able to see every frame, while still maintaining your current zoom level on the timeline.

I believe Walter Murch brought this to my attention in one of his Adobe video demos a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to stream video/audio via the internet

Basically an improved version of the iChat Theatre in FCP7 so remote clients can review the edit live

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. More cohesive UX between CC applications

I always want a more seamless experience moving between illustrator, after effects, and premiere. It’d be nice to have an alternative hot key mapping which makes the pen tool P in after effects, or have the ability to shape a mask in premiere like you move a vector around in illustrator.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bug Report - Support for dual screen for Premiere Pro CC 2018 does not work properly

I have two screens. If all of the windows for PPro CC 2018 are on the primary screen if I press Ctrl - tilde the screen plays full screen and if I press the keys again it is no longer in full screen mode. OK so far.

However if I move the Project and Media Browser windows to the second screen the Ctrl-Tilde no longer works on the primary screen.

I have the latest version of Windows 10 (Build 16299 with an NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 graphics card (just updated) with a iCore 7-6850k Intel CPU and 64Gb RAM

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. After full screen playback, default focus to Timeline instead of Program monitor

Currently, if you Command-P and play back your sequence full screen, then spot something you want to fix, you hit escape and revert to interface view. But the focus is now on the Program monitor, whereas what you typically want to do is locate the issue on the timeline and tweak whatever it was you spotted. This requires clicking or switching to the timeline and locating the issue, two seemingly unnecessary steps.

So the suggestion is to default the focus to the Timeline window, and auto-locate the playhead in timeline after full screen playback, rather than the Program monitor, as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow L*a*b* -values in Color Picker

Hi,

Photoshop has an excellent color picker that allows user to input Lab*-values and then converts those values to a corresponding RGB-values based on the color profile of your working space (in Premiere Pro this should be Rec. 709). Similar functionality would be great addition to Premiere and extremely useful when dealing with brand colors.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. CALCULATOR TIMECODE

It is always necessary in TV work, the duration of several blocks of a program to match the programming times. I think that implementing a calculator in Premiere would be very useful.

Siempre es necesario en trabajos de TV medir la duración de distintos bloques de un programa para cuadrar con los tiempos de programación. Creo que implementar una calculadora en Premiere sería muy útil.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Improve marker's time and duration

Add a secondary marker mode or enhance the existing.

I really like the "duration" feature in the marker window, but it is not accessible via keybard-tab - which instead brings you right down to the "comments" field, skipping the duration field. So you have to grab the mouse which eats time and is tireing when you're trying to bring 4 hours of interviews to some kind of order.

A secondary value like "end timecode" would be awesome, too.

In additiion to that, i would like to be able to reverse-mark a duration (eg "-15."). It would be nice, too, to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to Add/Subtract Label Colors in Preferences Window

I don't like using a lot of label colors beyond the default colors. Please allow me the ability to add or remove as many as I want.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Ability to change UI font and button size in settings.

Too hard to see when using 4k monitor! I know I can change screen resolution but I'd rather not have to do that! I should be able to change just the font size for the UI..

Maybe a '4K monitor mode' would be a good way to do it. Switch 4k mode on and everything get's bigger.

Thanks for considering.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. duration window

It would be great if there was a duration window that you could place where you like, just as you can the timecode window. Would also be great if you could do the same with source timecode and pull down which track you want to monitor.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Display full track name on timeline

There's lot of screen real estate were lost from not optimized screen space. Like there's plenty of space here but the tracks name are not displayed fully (the full name is Atmos Stereo 1). Please fix these. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bring back the legacy titles in menus & Titles saved location

Now we have to go to File -> New -> Legacy Titles. Can we have it under the right click in the Project Panel or under the Graphics menu.

Also, the titles when created should be located in the last active bin panel, not randomly one of the many currently opening.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A quick way to navigate metadata display & manage columns

To navigate between presets of metadata display now we have to go through a right click then select them in a menu then press OK. How about we have like a menu right in the project panel level to select between metadata display presets? It would use 2 clicks instead of 5. A keyboard shortcuts to change between the presets in the active panel is a bonus.

Also, when right clicking a column, an option to hide it would be useful.

Thank you

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to Stack Clips by Holding SHIFT when dragging into Timeline

Right now when you select multiple clips and drag into the timeline, it only brings the clips in horizontally, but sometimes I need to stack the clips on top of each other (like when bringing in stems from a sound mixer). Add the ability to hold Shift or a modifier key.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. USB Type C Dock crashes

My MacBook Pro only has USB Type C connectors so I have a Alogic Tripe display docking station - ALOGIC Triple Display UNIVERSAL Hybrid Docking Station – USB-C & USB 3.0 with 4K and Power Delivery - (https://www.alogic.co/alogic-triple-display-universal-hybrid-docking-station-usb-c-usb-3-0-with-4k-and-power-delivery.html)

I run CC 2018 - then opened my 2017 project, assets came up in bottom left and conversion started but everything else black and spinning coloured disc, tried this about 6 different times and waited up to 10 minutes, no go.

Disconnected my USB Type C dock, so now only MacBook screen. Opened CC 2018, opened 2017 project, loaded and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Batch ReLinking Media: Only getting audio files FIX THE GLITCH!!!

I now have to individually relink every clip because when I batch relink, every video clip after the first one only relinks the audio. It is so bizarre. This has never been an issue until the most recent upgrades to Premiere, and I don't get it. Fix the glitch!!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multiple Lumetri

There is a bug if you use multiple Lumetri effects, you can only edit the last one!!! Huge Bug!!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base