Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enterprise Login required each time I open Premier

Please allow my Enterprise login to perpetuate, the same way the individual account does.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Retry Option when relinking media

I use different drives for projects and sometimes forget to connect one when opening a project. It would be super helpful to just have a "Retry" option for file linking so that the drive can just be connected properly and run as usual without waiting for everything to "relink" to the same place.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Bug: Timeline search stuck in a loop

For example:

1. Search the timeline for a clip name, of which there are 7 instances. I'm using Cmd+F and consecutively Cmd+G.
    2. Premiere will find instances #1, 2, 3, 4, 2, 3, 4, 2, 3, 4... etc.
    3. If I select a clip beyond #4 and press Cmd+G, it will "get unstuck" and find 5, 6, and 7.
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. BUG: "Move Playhead to Cursor" moves Partial Frames

Using the Shortcut, can lead to the Playbead beeing between two Frames. This can lead to different Problems.

Would be great to see this Bug fixed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bug: Paste Insert & Copy Paste Includes Sequence Markers interacting oddly

In Premiere 12.1.2, sequence markers don't paste correctly when using Paste Insert. (Instead of maintaining position relative to the clip, the clip is pasted, then they are added in the position following the clip).

To reproduce:

1. Put a clip on a timeline with a sequence marker above it.
    2. In the Markers menu, Confirm Copy Paste Includes Sequence Markers is toggled on.
    3. Copy the clip.
    4. In a new timeline, Paste Insert the clip (Shift-Cmd-V or Edit > Paste Insert).

Expected behavior: the clip and markers will paste to the timeline with the same alignment between clip and markers, and material/markers already…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Whenever Premiere shows you can't do something, give the option to tell us how we could!

A colleague spent hours trying to find out why or how to slide an image that was on the timeline. Each attempt to drag the object right or left, a tiny graphic appeared, a circle with diagonal line. We searched for an answer on the online forums on Adobe.com and elsewhere.

Another workere sat down and started mickie'ng around and someone said, 'drag it to another layer.' That's when we saw how it must be done, lift and move!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe Premiere QA going downhill

Everytime I try change the workspace, Adobe crashes. More bugs seem to be introduced in new releases than previous version. These are basic issues, common Adobe - you're better than this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. reset layout doesn't change bins

Saving and reloading or resetting the workspace layout should not effect which bins are open. I consider the workspace how I like the panels arranged for a particular toolset. I would come to that workspace in several projects. So I don't want it to close all my bins, just because I change layouts. The state of the bins should be part of the current/last save

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why did you remove the ability to display the character panel in points rather than pixels?

It's incredibly inconvenient to have to manually convert each time I need to use my company's formulas for proper leading as their formula works in point. I contacted support and was informed the feature had been removed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Source Monitor

Previous version of Premiere Pro CC. When relaunching a project both the Source and Program monitors retained the Clip/s Seq/s. In this release CC 2018, only the program monitor retains the Seq/s and the Source monitors Clip list has been cleared. I now have to figure out where I left off. I can be time consuming to figure out where I left off. Can this be fixed? Or is this just preference setting

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Start the Premiere Pro CC program in a defined window size

Hello,
    I hope you can help me.

I now have version 12.1.2 (build 69) I can no longer run the program in (perfectly for me) defined window size.

The program always starts in Maximized mode. Version 11 still worked.

I've also googled and tried a few things like:

Right click on the shortcut -> select properties
    Select the "Shortcut" submenu and select the following start options under "Run":
    - Normal window
    - Minimized
    - Maximized

but it didn't work either. I hope you can help me!

I have a very large wide screen from Samsung. It's annoying when I'm busy…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bigger thumbnails in list view (project panel)

Would really love a larger maximum size for thumbnails in list view. I mean why not right? I usually have the size slider maxed out and find the thumbnails just a bit too small for many types of content.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Projects Tab Opens in Same Panel for multiple projects

In the current Premiere 12 when you open up a second project the second project window defaults to open up behind the timeline.

I would like to suggest that when opening a second project that it automatically has the project 2 window go into the same tab/panel areawhere project 1 is.

It is a small annoyance to always have to go find the project window and drag it to where my other ones are.

Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Media Browser Panel as Project Panel

You see how the Media Browser is setup where on the left is a list view and when you click on a folder it opens to the right and you can have it as a list/thumbnail view? That’s what I’d like. Pretty much the media browser in a project panel

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Link media - the cancel button doesn't cancel

When a project with missing media opens, it brings up the Link Media box. If I don't want to link media, there are options at the bottom to offline all or cancel. As far as I can tell, those buttons both do the same thing.

Either way, it opens the project without trying to reconnect missing footage. The cancel button really should cancel opening the project instead. I often just forgot to connect a drive and know where everything is. In those cases I'd prefer to close the project, connect the drive, and reopen it. Relinking media is slower and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make mask controls available whilst viewing alpha channel in Program monitor.

When viewing the alpha channel in the program monitor, the mask controls for an opacity mask are unavailable for manipulation. Please give us access so we don't have to toggle back to Composite view to make adjustments.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hard to see Location-metadata.

Hard to see Location-metadata.
    I want more contrast

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is Adobe looking to get sued? How many of us got screwed because we naively updated Premiere? They're still not listening -- WE NEED ACTION.

How many lost money from jobs because they couldn't access older files anymore? All I need is 2015 version (desperately for my feature film) and Adobe support sends me here - WOW. And this is hours after dealing with their tech support. Listen, Adobe - we need more previous versions of Adobe Premiere Pro available for download -- including 2015. We keep telling you that we're unhappy and that you're screwing us over and you're still not listening. Instead you're defending and then saying you'll look into into it. It's been years and months of "looking into it" and enough…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. NEW TITLE EDITOR

I have an idea, make the title editor for PREMIERE the same as AFTER EFFECT. Premiere has the worst title editor. It's so clunky and ridiculous not user-friendly. if you want integration between software then why not standardized the tools?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Feature "Videoverwendung" does not work correctly

The feature "Videoverwendung" (in english maybe Video Usage) shows me how often a clips is used but i cannot select the used timeline any more. Clicking on the number does not have any effect. Like it was with the search tab in last 2018 Version. The bug is eliminated with the latest update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base