Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display duration of selection when dragging in timeline

When clicking and dragging a box in the timeline (to select clips), it would be very helpful to show the total duration of time that the dragged box is covering. This could be used as a time measurement tool, to roughly see how long certain parts of a sequence are. This could look similar to the info that displays when hovering over a clip (Start, end, duration).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Team projects for all full CC licenses.

I currently have a Creative Cloud One year Membership in which I can't utilize team projects. I work in collaboration with other editors but we live in different areas and finance our own equipment and software. We all have full CC memberships but can't collaborate efficiently.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  12 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Title Seperation for Effect Catagories

When I am looking through the multiple different setting to adjust for color correction I have a hard time navigating easily. The title for "Lift" "Gain" or "Gamma" are not easy to find once I have their dropdowns opened.

Please see picture example attached.

If there was a slight color difference in the title of the effect you eye would be able to travel between them easier. currently it's just a mess.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. BUG: Crashes when changing the name of sequence in project window

In the project panel, when you click on a sequence and hit Enter to change the name, it is blank even when typing, and upon hitting Enter again to confirm changes (for text that can't be seen) Premiere crashes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. See through a nested sequence

When editing a nested sequence, I want to be able to "see through" the nested sequence, where the edits are, as markers or lines or thumbnails...
    Please add and become my new best friend :)
    Thanks for a great product

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. label color presets

We should be able to import / export our label colors / names, just like we import / export our keyboard shortcuts. This way Multiple editors can have a common language of what certain label colors mean.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. première pro cc

Depuis la mise à jour du logiciel, première pro ne veut plus de certains fichiers vidéos et considéré que des fichiers son. Que faire??

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bypass cache, drive and media settings for temporary project opening

I use my laptop as my main editing system, but I sometimes need to open a project to just look at sequence names, data, etc, when not connected to my media and cache drives. It would be great if there was an 'Open without Media or Drives this time' option, so that the user wouldn't have to go through the menus announcing missing cache drive, setting scratch disks, and the Locate Media panel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Default marker length

Option to set default marker length.
    Or a keyboard shortcut to extend length of marker.
    At least enough to be able to see the label's text.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement dragging across layer icons to enable/disable like one can in AfterEffects

In AfterEffects one can click and drag the mouse over the various layer icons (such as lock and visibility, for example) to change them all to be the same instead of having to manually click on each one individually. Please implement the same in Premiere.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it easy to spot layers that are hidden in the timeline

When a layer is locked, that layer is hashed in the timeline. However, when a layer is hidden, other than the cross through the eye icon, there is no such visual feedback on the timeline itself. Would be very handy if hidden layers could be more easily identified possibly by dimming them across the timeline.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to keep shared projects when deleting unused

There needs to be an option to keep shared projects when deleting unused media. That, or allow individual media to be set to locked meaning that the item cannot be manually or automatically deleted while the lock is enabled. That could be confusing, though, since the lock could be taken to mean read-only, which wouldn't be the case. Perhaps a different symbol would be needed such as a chain link.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Search Bin with Single Reference to Each Clip

The Search Bin is the beginning of a good idea. But if I'm working on a long-form project with lots of media, some clips may appear in multiple bins and in multiple iterations of my sequence. If I want to create a search bin then, I will likely see multiple copies of a given clip. This is not helpful. I'd like the option of seeing only one copy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Designate Adobe folder location (Out of Documents) on Mac.

Please for the love of god allow us to designate the location of the Adobe folder that is created when launching Premiere or any other app.

I pay for iCloud on my Mac but it is rendered useless because Adobe creates a folder within my documents folder for previews and such. I thought there was once a time where we could choose this location.

My iCloud is synced to this documents folder. And is always full because this folder always grows.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the layer controls in the Timeline scalable to increase Timeline size

When you are on a small monitor like a laptop the timeline often feels quite small. Please add the possibility to scale down the timeline layer controls to the left of the timeline. You could combine making the icons smaller and hiding some of the info - a bit like how the Audio level window to the right of the timeline scales.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Preview Area size

PLEASE let us adjust the preview area size AND let us make it a separate window we can dock wherever we want. I love this area, but with it being so small on a UHD monitor nowadays, it's not exactly helpful. Look how small it is in my screenshot.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Video & Audio usage dropdowns broken?

I have the metadata for Video & Audio Usage turn on but when I click the dropdown in the project window, it doesn't show up anymore. In 2017 this worked fine. The usage dropdown DOES work in the Preview Area, but that's not ideal for checking many files quickly.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a high DPI user interface scaling setting for Windows

Allow Windows users to select the UI scaling factor independent of the system scaling factor. This feature is available in Photoshop and Illustrator, and needs to be added to Premiere (and really all of the CC apps) for users who have mid-sized high DPI screens. This will allow users to take full advantage of the screen real estate for panels in Premiere that a high-resolution monitor affords without having to sacrifice readability in other applications like web browsers.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How about you don't fix what isn't broken?

Brand new High End PC. Fresh installation of the latest version of Adobe. First time use today. 8 crashes and counting. Perhaps you consider new ideas you could fix the stability first and stop trying to fix things that don't need fixing. Used to Have CS5 and NEVER crashed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base