Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the ability to set the default color of markers.

The default drab green marker is easy to miss on dull grey timeline backgrounds.
    For example, I'd love to be able to set the default to red. Red pops on a timeline. I use it to mark the beginning and end of a specific length cut, eg. a :30 sec spot or a 2:30 sec trailer.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Changing color label affects other clips in sequence

There's a glitch in CC2018 where, when I change the label color of one clip on a sequence, it affects other clips on that same sequence. Granted, these are the same multicam clips, but they're different segments, and I know this wasn't the behavior in CC2017. Please fix the bug when you can.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If you gave one thousand monkeys with typewriters one thousand hours they could code a better ******* editing software than this heap of shi

The UI is a ******* mess with barely any useful functionality. Adobe has clearly never heard of human oriented design, or just design in general.
    I am now under great threat from global warming as the amount I have been let down means I am now further below sea level than the Netherlands.

I fervently hope that you will be the pallbearers at my funeral just to lower me into my grave and let me down one last time.

Also, how the **** do I export my video?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Workspace Bar Disappearing - Can't Bring it back??

Hello!

I tried making a new and personalized workspace, and suddenly my top bar was gone?

Going in WINDOWS --> Scrolling all the way down to CheckmarkWorkspaces does not help. I can't remove the checkmark for the workspace option.

Attached a screenshot with a totally empty bar on top. Can't right-click it, cant access it any way.

What to do?

Thanks,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. More Keyframe Icons

I use the "Ease In" and "Ease Out" temporal interpolation options a lot when keyframing motion and scale fx and while there are a few different icons shown for different types of keyframe behaviors, it would be very helpful visibly if the icons were different -- just like they are in AE.

It would also be great if when you pick either choice, the default for the next keyframe added be automatically alternated (or have an option to enable that option)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make duplicating sequences in the project panel easier

Please make it so that when I have a sequence selected in the project panel, that I can easily duplicate it by pressing CTRL (Win) or CMD (Mac) + D and then when the sequence is duplicated, it auto-increments the last number in the sequence name, just like it does in After Effects. ie - 'SuperDuperEdit25fps1080ppp001' when duplicated automatically becomes 'SuperDuperEdit25fps1080ppp002' Instead of just adding 'Copy 01' at the end. Very few workflows adopt 'Copy' in their filename structures, and having this as a default setting will encourage bad workflow practices among newbies.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Reveal in project highlights clip in project, but you still have to scroll through the list to find the clip

I use the Reveal in Project command quite often, but one thing that's bugged me for ages is that when I'm in the Timeline and ask to Reveal in Project, the clip itself is highlighted but the project window doesn't move to the highlighted clip. I have to scroll up or down through the entire project to find the highlighted clip.

It would be great if Reveal in Project put the highlighted clip in the project in the centre of the Project panel like it used to in FCP7 (ahh remember those great days?)

Many thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. scrolling fonts and blend modes

its so laborious to scroll through both fonts and blend modes...
    make it easier so you can audition different types as you scroll would be nice

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New keyboard shortcut to paste media to the HIGHEST enabled Timeline tracks

PP's current Timeline pasting works contrary to logic. Here's why:

Editors built their edits from bottom up, starting on the bottom-most video/audio tracks, adding media to higher tracks as necessary. Because of this, lower video/audio tracks are almost always more occupied with media than higher tracks, making it much more difficult to find empty spaces to paste media into without inadvertently overwriting something.

This forces editors to constantly Disable/Re-enable video/audio tracks which is a tremendous waste of time. 'Disable' because you need to disable V1, for example, if there's no empty space to paste into. 'Re-enable' because you have to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Zoom in for key framing modifier/effects panel

When I use the key frame modifier panel in the effects control for an individual clip I can not simply zoom in using the scroll wheel or the zoom/scroll bar at the bottom of the panel to get the exact moment I need to edit on. This is extremely frustrating to not be able to get the exact moment to key a slight scale or position value for music video edits where editing to the beat is super important and with not being able to zoom in I am always off of the timing of the beat of the track.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Critical bug: Premiere lost ability to save after opening 2nd project

Classic Mac Pro running Radeon RX580, OS X High Sierra, PP 12.1.1, 3 x 24" displays.

1. Open 1st project
    2. Open 2nd project
    3. (2nd bug:) Bins behavior broke down: navigating up inside a bin was impossible ("go up" did nothing), other open bins would just show up blank, sporadically.
    4. Edit
    5. Revert to saved layout - brought up half the UI
    6. Save or Save As don't do anything. Unable to save project. Opening panels show up as blank, e.g. Audio mixer
    7. Revert to saved layout again - crash: [/PPro12.1.1/PremierePro/Handlers/Effects/Src/EffectsListView.cpp-683] Emergency save failed.

Lost 40 minutes of work.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 'Set to Frame Size' sould only apply to new clips added to Timeline!!!

The 'Set to Frame Size' option in the Media tab of the Preferences windows is a great time saver when editing 4k footage in a FullHD timeline, since it automatically sets the scale of clips added to the Timeline to 50%, thus showing the whole clip as originally filmed...

BUT...

When copy or cut/pasting clips on the Timeline, 'Set to Frame Size' should NOT apply!!!

Why?

Suppose you have clips on your Timeline that you re-framed or animated by changing the Scale, Position and/or Rotation settings in the ECW (Effect Controls Window), if you copy/paste or cut/paste any those clips,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add flat Asset View

Unlike pretty much any other NLE that I worked with, premiere does not have a "flat view" option, which shows you ALL assets of a project without any bin or folder structure. Therefor simple things like getting the accumulated duration of all media items in a project is a major task in Premiere. In avid you can just open the mediatool, mark everything and get the info for the marked items.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Background mask tracking

Using masks on filters and effects is great but if a mask has to be tracked it is annoying that I cannot work on anything else while it tracks. Background mask tracking would be great with a progress bar on the top of that clip in the timeline or something like that.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Master Styles show up in bin as "unknown" type

Master Style items (clips) show up in bins with no identifiable metadata. In particular, "Media Type" shows "unknown".

Have it read "Graphics Master style".

The current state of things isn't helpful if a user doesn't know or forget what those items are. "Unkown" makes it look like a corrupt bin...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable the "Loop" keyboard shortcut when timeline is selected

Enable the "Loop" keyboard shortcut when the Timeline is selected.

Currently is not working when the timeline is selected, and it only works when Program, Audio Mixer or Source is selected. This means that I've to click the "Program" window, click the loop shortcut and then click again the timline, which is a waste of time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Workspaces change when opening a project from someone else.

When opening a project that comes from someone else, all of their workspaces load, as well as the generic factory workspaces along with mine. Most of these I do not want to appear in the workspace window, so I have to go through the process of deleting them all, as the majority of the workspaces I use are custom created.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Generate Timeline and Project window clip thumbnails in Background

Having PP slow down editing or playback so that it can generate thumbnails as new clips enter the visible portion of the Timeline is perhaps the most annoying thing in PP at the moment, since it happens every single time I open the program.

Two solutions:

1. Generate timeline clip thumbnails in the BACKGROUND! This way, when I play my timeline, it won't suddenly start stuttering as new clips come into view.

2. Save generated thumbnails so they don't need to be regenerated every time a project is opened.

The same should be true for thumbnails in the Project window. It's extremely…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix the Software so it works Half Decent

When it tells me "Saving" and makes me wait to move on, impeding my progress, then doesnt actually save it and I lose half a project That is ******** and I have half a mind to ask for a refund for this entire month if your software can't perform basic functions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base