Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When playing the sequence and timeline marker is out of immediate view, clicking to get in view sends me away

This is a recent change since update 22, usually I am focusing on one part of an edit but then maybe i want to hit Enter to pre-render the red clips or I want to hit Render Audio to show my nested audio waveforms.
    When the elements are rendered the sequence begins playing, so I would click the timeline marker back to where i am, which usually pauses the edit, bringing the marker back into my small focused area on the timeline.

However! since the recent 22 update, now this action throws me back to the beginning where the timeline…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Toggle through LUTs in Lumetri on Mac

On a Mac, when using Lumetri, you can't use the scroll wheel or the up/down arrows to quickly and easily cycle through luts and see how each looks. You have to click the drop down menu and scroll to the next LUT and then click it.

On Windows you can use the mouse scroll wheel hovering over the menu to do it, or click in the menu and use up/down arrows to auto-select the next LUT in the list.

This bug (or lack of feature) needs to be fixed on the Mac. It takes FOREVER to sample each LUT.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A better "Consolidate Duplicates"

I wish we had preferences for the behaviour of "consolidate duplicates", similar as for linking material.

-Options for identifiers: possibility to take proxies and audio mapping out of the equation.

-Specific warnings for mismatch of proxies, media interpretation or audio mapping. Possibility to override,

-Options for prioritizing witch instances gets deleted. Like hierarchy, number of use, or AI

Thanks

-Anders

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. UI Scaling is in state of neglect

Customers have been reporting the bugged UI scaling for years and no response. The fact adobe products don't scale properly on a 4k monitor is a glaring issue.
    Adobe support will recommend you adjust your monitor resolution and/or the OS scaling settings - both of which cause problems elsewhere, outside of adobe products.
    The burden should not be on the user, nor the OS.
    Writing this as a new customer who installed Photoshop and Premiere to find it unusable out of the box.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Media Importing Only Audio Despite Mac OS 12.2 and H.264/.mp4

I've tried every way suggested to fix this problem with no success. It's making it more difficult than it's worth to have premiere. Has anyone had success with fixing this issue? I cleared the media cache and restarted, converted to different codecs to try and fix it, tried switching the renderer to software only, nothing works.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shortcuts for speech to text

As I was using the "Transcriptive" plugin before Premiere had the speech to text option, I am really missing shortcuts for faster editing:

++

Ctrl + Left Arrow – Previous Word | Ctrl + Right Arrow – Next Word

Merging/Splitting Lines/Paragraphs:
    Ctrl + Shift + Up OR [Delete]: Merge Line/paragraph with line above.
    Ctrl + Shift + Down OR [Enter}: Split Line/paragraph into two lines.
    (These behave slightly differently. ‘Control+Shift+up’ will merge the two lines together no matter where the cursor is. If you’re trying to combine a bunch of lines together, this is very fast. [Delete] uses the cursor…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Holy $*** your GUI is so frustrating

You guys have made it unbelievable easy to accidentally hit a key or click a button and make panels disappear almost permanently -- in general the entire user layout is easy to F up. This is SO Incredibly frustrating as a user trying to work quickly and efficiently through their workflow. I am now trying to get my effects panel on the right hand side of the editing screen to re-appear for 30 mins straight now and even when I click show all panels then my GUI view gets even more screwed up. I am THIS close to switching over…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to enter full screen on playback and revert on stop

The idea is that there would be an option that when enabled would cause full screen playback to happen every time the play button is pressed (either for the source or program monitor depending on context). When playback is stopped the layout would revert. Essentially an auto "Toggle Maximize Monitor" mode.

This is not a feature intended to be used always, but when doing a final polish pass I like to view my sequence full screen and then stop to make changes. Toggling maximize monitor off and on just creates a lot of extra button presses during this workflow.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ふざけるな

自動保存の際にフリーズし、データが飛ぶ。
    設定を変えようにも設定関係どこをクリックしてもフリーズする。
    いつになったら解消するのか。
    1円の価値もない。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Shortcuts cannot be used when entering Japanese on Windows

Shortcuts cannot be used when entering Japanese on Windows

On a Windows computer
    If the character input setting is "Japanese input (IME)" instead of "English input", the PremierePro shortcut will not work.

By the way, on Macintosh
    Shortcuts work even when “Japanese input” is selected.

Some users have complained about what they can do with Macintosh but not with Windows.

Windowsパソコンにおいて
    文字入力設定が、「英語入力」ではなく「日本語入力(IME)」になっていると、PremiereProのショートカットが効かない。

ちなみにMacintoshにおいては
    「日本語入力」の時でも、ショートカットが効く。

Macintoshではできるのに、WIndowsで出来ないことで、一部のユーザーから不満の声があがっている。

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  44 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Global fx mute that also affects export

Need ability to turn temporarily turn off Lumetri (or perhaps all effects?) for export. Then turn them back on.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Customer Expert Care for Premiere Pro

I received an hour and half of help on line for my premiere pro program last Tuesday from a gentleman named Malkeet. I am writing to say that I was so grateful for his help. He helped me look forward to the completion of a project I've been working for three and a half years. I urge you to continue to have such helpers to help others with kindness, expertise, and patience. Many thanks to Malkeet and to Adobe. Anitra Pivnick

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide the ability to notify the user once render queue is complete.

Provide the ability to notify the user once render queue is complete, such as in after effects by checking the "Notify when queue completes" checkbox.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Windows Premiere Pro Scaling

It would be AMAZING if when changing the scale of windows premiere would scale appropriately. Unfortunately on my 4k monitor premiere only works well in the native resolution so everything is VERY small. I know macs works differently in the way they scale and so premiere works accordingly. But when scaled in windows I start getting ghost lines in the timeline and nothing lines up correctly. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. relink window sizing broken

The window resizing on the relinking window is broken. No matter how big I make the window, the file browsing stays small and in the left corner. On mac Big sur OS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Some Premiere UI improved

Hello!

1) It will be great, if in source monitor we can see not only video, but audio either. It will save a lot of time between audio and video switching every time.

2) Show a segment duration in the timeline. Because every time select in and out and every time watching in program monitor or Timecode window a little bit annoying))

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. General bugs and improvements

Hi there!

A few things -

1. When opening a new project when an old one is open, please have only open the new project open, and not a combination of the 2

2. bug - program and source monitor both sometimes go black after editing for a while.

3. tends to freeze and my monitor switches off and on again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. again..

... right at the end of the project, random errors.

since 1995 i use apps like 3ds, maya, zbrush, nuke, blender and many more.
    i have to say, premiere gave me more frustration than all other apps combined.. by FAR. i can not find words to express how frustrating it is to use such an unreliable pos.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bug: Timeline doesn't redraw when application is in full screen mode

This occurs for me running versions 15.4.1, 22.0, and 22.1.2. As the title says, my timeline does not update when the application is in full screen mode (One exception being if I open a window menu, e.g. File, Edit, etc.). This means any input I make in that panel does not trigger a redraw. I know the input is accepted as clicking somewhere in the panel does cause other panels (such as the program monitor panel) to update in response to my input. When the application is windowed the timeline updates as normal.

I am running Windows 11 Pro version…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. BUG: keyaboard shortcuts not loaded (Premiere Pro, maybe other apps)

I have Windoiws 11 with 2 languages installed: Hebrew and English (Israel).

If the keyboard is set to Hebrew when I start Premiere Pro, then keyboard shortcuts are loaded correctly.

However if the keyboard is set to English (Israel) when I start Premiere Pro - keyboard shortcuts are NOT loaded, and there is no way to load any keyboard preset (ie. in Edit / Keyboard shortcuts - choosing any preset does nothing).

This is extremely annoying because if I start Premiere Pro when they keyboard is set to English (Israel) then I have to close, change language and start again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 89 90
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base