Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bug report: Dragging a clip to the source viewer doesn't work the first time.

Dragging a clip from the bin to the source viewer almost never works the first time; you have to do it twice.

This is very tedious, and it's the only way to get sequences into the source viewer (because double-clicking opens them as a timeline).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Move and arrange clips freely in the bins (Just like Avid and FCPX)

Currently, in the Thumbnail view the cilps are neatly arranged in a grid but it would be hugely beneficial to have the option to move them around freely so as to create visual groups (for example - Master Shot takes next to A and B camera takes).

Both Avid and FCPX have that functionality and most feature editors would welcome such an addition to Premiere.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Move "Set Focus to Timeline when performing Insert/Overwrite" to the Menu

"Set Focus to Timeline when performing Insert/Overwrite edits" is currently in the Timeline Preferences tab. This is something that one often wants to toggle on/off for different procedures in the same edit session (similar to "Selection Follows Playhead"). I think this could be moved to the Menu Bar under "Sequence" so it can be toggled more efficiently.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Type in Value for Keyframe

Can we please have the option of double clicking a keyframe and entering a value for it? This is a great function in AE, I wish it existed in premiere as well.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Media browser icons refresh on save

For some reason Media Browser tab jumps back to the top of the list and forces a thumbnail re-load/ refresh when I save my project which can be frustrating when you are halfway down a long list of clips. I'm using the most recent version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Increase visibility of dividing line between Video and Audio layers

Increase the overall brightness of the dividing line between video and audio layers in order to make the separation between V1 and A1 easier to see across the entire timeline.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It's Icon View in the Project panel, and Thumbnail View in the Media Browser panel. Can we pick one?

It's Icon View in the Project panel, and Thumbnail View in the Media Browser panel. Can we pick one? I vote for Thumbnail view! :).

Maxim

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Label Colors in Thumbnail view

I'd like to see a label color icon in thumbnail view in the project window. I use the labels to denote certain things about a clip and prefer to view my project window in thumbnail view. Something as simple as a dot or bar next to the clip name would save me from having to flip so much between list and thumbnail views.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Larger Thumbnails in marker panel

Larger Thumbnails in marker panel

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Feature Request: Fuzzy search through effects

I'd like to search for effects with my left hand only. For example I often search "cross" for audio fades, "war" for warp stabilizer, etc. However, all dissolves are not findable easily when having your left hand on the keyboard only. I'd like to introduce fuzzy searching here, such that I can write: "dssve" (which are the characters of dissolve under my left hand).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "Set to Frame Width"

We import a lot of stills (stock images) into 1080 sequences. Most of these are not 16:9.

We can use "Set to frame size", but then need to scale them up to fit width.

It would be helpful to have the option to "Set to Frame Width".

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add option to choose default template for project window column layout

I would gladly see an option to change default column layout in project window. Currently if i choose my favourite or needed columns for to display and if i save project and open it again, everything is reseted to default ones. The default one wastes important screen space with not so important info.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Title bar and menu bar (UI) improvement

The title bar and menu bar for apps like Premiere, AE, Audition etc. should be combined together as is in PS and AI, which is a much more elegant interface than the standard Windows layout. All the apps in the product range should share this common theme.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Workspace Bar Still not Saving

The bar at the top keeps defaulting to the usual workspaces. I want to use my own workspaces please!!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. hello, can you please make the mouse disappear when in full screen. thanks! Doing great you guys!

Hello, can you please make the mouse disappear when in full screen. thanks! Doing great you guys!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make the Timecode window behave like any other panel

The Timecode window you open from Window>Timecode should behave like other panels. This way we can dock it wherever we want and make it part of our layout instead of being free floating... A hamburger menu to let us customize appearance of the timecode beyond compact or full size would also be great to have. Thx

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. [Project panel] Folders on top

If the project panel is sorted by media type, folders should stay on top. This is way more easier to navigate.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Recent sequences menu

The context menu of the source viewer lists all recently opened clips - why not the timeline viewer too?

In the timeline (record) viewer's context menu, add a divider after the list of open sequences, and then list recently-opened sequences.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bug - renaming files after importing another project

In Premiere Pro 12.1.1 when I have a project open in which I have imported another project, I can no longer rename files. When I choose to rename a file (sequence or other, both from the old and the new project), the file name disappears and I cannot change the name.

In my workflow, renaming the sequences I work with is pretty vital.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base