Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Modifing nested sequences

I think for the user interface it would be a huge step forward to represent nested sequences as a group of grouped objects enclosed in a box. In theory my idea would be to create a box that contains all the clips involved in the sequence but keeping them on separate tracks as they were before the nesting. As for the objects external to the sequence on the same tracks of the objects in the sequence I would suggest moving them with an algorithm to the upper track or (if this is not possible) to create ad hoc tracks for…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Disable playhead follow during drag & drop and other actions

This can be frustrating and should be a no-brainer to implement. Basically, the playhead following during playback should be prevented if the user is currently holding a clip/layer during a drag and drop or other timeline related activity. For example, sometimes I'll be playing back the timeline and there's a clip I notice should be put at this or that place instead, but it doesn't warrant stopping playback as it's a quick small thing to change, but the timeline will switch to the next "page" and suddenly my clip is over that new "page"... the playhead tracking could wait for…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Multiple Color Labels Per Clip

Premiere used to allow labeling each splice of the same movie clip with a different color label. Now, within the last few versions, it seems to globally apply the color label to the entire clip.

For over a decade now, this has been my workflow for breaking down footage to label sections of the same clip into a quick visual indicator of Great/Good/Useable/No Good footage. Now that feature has been taken away. I would like that back, PLEASE!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add the ability to open merged clips in timeline and slip the sync

Sometimes when merging a batch of clips, one makes a mistake. For instance there were two claps and you accidentally set the wrong in point. Avid has the per slip option which allows you to slip the audio into sync after the clip has been merged.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Upgrading marker colors to match that of the 16 label colors.

Organization is key in any project, documentaries especially. Your timeline is a chaotic living creature, adding the extra 8 label colors helped immensely in individual clip ordination. Now what about segment organization. Having the extra freedom to color your markers differently then the 8 offered would give editors the next level of speed and organization as they can quickly navigate feature length timelines with 16 options of colored markers. Not the most critical of feedback but...

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Layer Shift Bug

If I use UltraKey on a layer and then apply a Drop Shadow effect and then Lumetri Color the layer shifts position down and to the right. The displacement comes out in the rendering as well. If I correct the position and then overlay anything over that track it shifts again as the track cross dissolves in. The shifting can be mitigated by putting the Lumetri Color layer before the Drop Shadow layer, but then it shifts when the overlay comes in.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug: Project bins file metadata fields don't draw

Mac Pro (classic) with Radeon 580 GPU, OS X 10.13, latest CC2018

File metadata fields drawing is very buggy. See 1st pic. The black boxes are missing as is the data inside them.
    After scrolling back and forth slowly, opening new bin windows and other cajoling I can finally make Premiere show those fields with the actual data that's in them (2nd pic).

Anyone else experiencing this?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Clicking Things Twice

I don't know why but I end up clicking things twice to get them to work a lot of the time.
    For example, locking a track requires you to click it twice to work.
    Very often I have to copy attributes twice before I can paste them.

It's such a pain when you use this software all day, every day for your job.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Give More Control Over Start Screen and Being Able To Make Changes In Prefrences

Give More Control Over Start Screen And Being Able to Limit The Quantity We Want Shown Just Like In Photoshop CC Or Completely Removing The Recents All Together

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. You should be able to arrange clips in THUMBNAIL VIEW in a customizable way.

Currently you can move Thumbnails into a order but loosely around the bin with a customizable amount of space and rows. All that is available is a simple grid view. It would be nice to have a "light-table" of sorts to around clips in scene bins.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Close gaps does not respond unless in empty area of timeline

The new-ish "Close Gaps" command is great, but it doesn't work quite the same way as doing a ripple delete. For instance, I can ripple delete anything as long as there are no edges to be affected. For instance, I edit under a LOCKED Adjustment Layer or color correction. Ripple delete works great, however "Close Gaps" does not, it only functions if I move my clips out from under the LOCKED Adjustment Layer.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I suggest you do a free program, as did DaVinci Resolve

I have been using paid subscription for over 3 years. If you add up the entire amount, you will see that I paid for the program several times. For example, in Russia only those who trade with Europe can earn money. Creative workers earn little money. There are many problems with paying for programs. I suggest you do a free program, as did DaVinci Resolve. Or some kind of social package for those who do not sell, but engaged in art. In such countries, there are many hacking programs. People want to create a quality video or photo, but they…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Clip:Reveal Bin in New Window

I would love a "Reveal Bin in New Window" option when you right click a clip in timeline or source monitor. This would open the bin containing that clip in a new project panel window and let you quickly browse nearby clips regardless of what your project panel is showing at the time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Deleting clips shouldn't remove their instance from the timeline

You should have the option of not removing clips from a timeline when you delete them from the project. In FCP7 you could simply have a single timeline, without referencing specific imported clips.

Also, it would be great to click on a timeline and have Premiere generate the clips that are missing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Your customer service sucks. Waiting on the phone 50 minutes now. You can call me to pay but you cant help me resolve issues?

You guys are terrible. Not paying. Declined payment options to you until you resolve my issue. Please call me regarding it. 27 days left to pay or it expires. Then ill just go buy sony vegas. Lose a customer or help a customer. Your call

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PPRO CC2018: Essential Graphics -> "Install motion graphics template" do nothing!

What is it good for? Why did you develop a function that good for nothing???

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Closing the project window...accidentally...

I'd really, really like to hear from the Adobe genius that thinks the same Ctrl+W to close a sequence should close oh...the project window...the history window (say after you undo some other inappropriate unintended action.)

In fact...I also want to know why panel close commands aren't tracked in the History window so I can undo those inappropriate unintended actions Adobe. Really? Why aren't they in there?

Either let me lock the freaking UI in place or put it in history...THIS VERSION...

Oh yea you can reset the workspace...but is it going to restore the last open/closed 'twirled' bin status. No...it's…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 4k multicam in 1080 sequence

When working with a 4K multicam clip inside a 1080 sequence, the multicam view shows the cropped 4K, not the full frame. It should show the "set to frame size" views...it's hard to see what you're doing the way it is now.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Zoom in Title Designer... PLEASE I AM BEGING YOU!!!

Zoom in Title Designer... PLEASE, I AM BEGING YOU!!!

Greetings from Poland :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base