Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1924 results found

1. Enable saving of sequence ‘customised headers’

Between patch panel & timeline itself - the customisable bit with keyframe navigation , vo punchin, mute/solo etc. Currently saved with sequence but no way of switching between settings.

This should probably be saved with track heights & other sequence settings (show duplicates/waveforms/volume envelope/clip text etc etc) IMO. (Avid way works well & settings can be linked to workspace switching)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 13.0.1 Premiere crashes when loading my project

I recently was unable to open a project so I tried to open an older version with still no luck . I tried clearing the Premiere settings and cache and that worked to get it open and edit it more. After putting in a days work I am now trying to open it to work on it again and the same thing is happening- I just get the spinning pinwheel and it never loads.

If I double click the file itself rather than opening it from the Premiere startup screen or drop down menu the project does appear to load…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Premiere Pro 2019 - Highlighted Clips in Bin Window Hides it's information

In the latest version of PP_Cc, When you highlight a clip, you can't see the metadata of the highlighted clip. See photo.

It comes back when you re-size the bin window but as soon as you click on the clip again it disappears. Also, not all of the meta data disappears--only the "scene" and "comment" columns in my bin window.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Mouse scrolling "Jumps" whole minute (disable scroll accelaration for horizontal scroll)

Unreliable scrolling with Logitech "Free Scroll" mouse (due to premiers acceleration effect)

When using the freescroll wheel:
    One Push of the wheel will forward 7 frames.
    from 01:09:28:11
    until 01:09:28:17

2nd Push of the FreeScroll wheel the timeline will jump a whole minute!
    01:10:05:23

Unable to scroll reliably as timeline currently jumps all over the place.
    Tried to disable "smooth scrolling" but effect becomes worse.

Mouse: Logitech MX anywhere 2

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Timeline highlight

In PP2019, when a clip in the timeline is selected it's now highlighted around the edges instead of having the entire clip being highlighted. Its wrecking my eyes trying to figure out what's selected- please at least allow the option to go back to the old method of highlighting the entire clip. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix

always crashing. should not be crashing. and the "Auto saves" are not real saves and will not save any work after a crash. you have to hit save for it to save. you cant do that when it crashes. losing entire projects is not fun and neither is saving on every small edit.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Indentify used clips in the Project window by not using just blue boxes.

Clips used in the timeline should have different coloured symbols in the project window , Green; Video and Audio, Purple; audio only . White; unused

Currently both clips and sequences have small blue boxes and the same thumbnail. Which means I frequently click a sequence , when I'm actually after the clip...

Thanks, D

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. snap option drag

For subtitling the Alt/Option + drag with titles has been great, but they only snap to the playheader, it would be good if they would snap to any other elements (within each other) like every other objet in the timeline.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Copy/consolidate/transcode selected clip(s)/timeline

Select clip(s) in timeline, or clips/subclips/timelines in project, & be able to copy (with options to consolidate and/or transcode) just those clips to a specific destination.

Kind of like project management but at a more granular level in terms of clips & more specific destination.

Why? - multiple attached drives used to preview archive, need to move to Raid for organisation & efficient playback.

Also have music & six library but would like to have media used in timeline bundled in with all project media for easy project archive/sharing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Visually Distinguish Which Sequences are in Which Project When Multiple Projects Are Open

It would be nice to visually see which projects correspond to which project when I have several open at once. Right now they're just tabs in the timeline window, but if there was a way to visually see which ones were with which project (ie. color coordinate or something like this) it would be immensely helpful. That way I don't accidentally work in the wrong sequence/project.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix recognition of Swiss French Keyboard Layout

I use a Swiss French keyboard Layout which is QWERTZ. Premiere recognizes this as a French Layout which is AZERTY. When I select Swiss German, this is also recognized as German which although QWERTZ does have different modifier layouts for à or è etc. Please correct this Premiere. Thx

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can't close Premiere Pro 13.0.1 - Window 10

On my version (13.0.1), there is no cross button to close the app, or the two others to reduce or extend the window. I can't grab the window to move it too...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. window controls (minimize, maximize, close) for second monitor panels in premiere pro (windows 10 issue)

In windows 10, there are no 'window controls' for panels open on my second monitor. Just a 'close' button. You can't minimize this part of your workspace if you need to look at a reference or something else while still editing in premiere. It has this feature on Mac, so why not on Windows 10?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Increase text size for dialogue and clip/file names

Hi,

I have a 5k 27" iMac screen and a 4k 28" 2nd monitor. But I can't use those resolutions as the text becomes to small to read. I'm using 3200x1800 atm, which is still a bit small having been using the iMac's default Retina setting (2.5k) up 'till now.

There should be a way of changing the text size so you can set the monitors to a higher resolution while still being able to read the names of items in the library (browser) window and the text in the dialogue boxes.

If PP can scale moving video I don't…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Shortcut to switch Playback to 2nd montior off and on

Hi. I use PP CC with a 2nd monitor, which I either use for subtitling or for full screen playback. To go between the two, I have to go to PREFERENCES>PLAYBACK and then check or uncheck the box for my 2nd monitor.

I would love to have a keyboard shortcut to toggle this on and off. (You should have the shortcuts for both 1st and 2nd monitor.)

This would mean, I could make a subtitle, stick it on the timeline and then press a button to see it all play in full screen.

Many thanks.

Rory.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "maximise window" button

Kind of weird we haven't had this yet...

When working on multi screen workstations it is common practise to undock panels and move them to another screen to get mire space and better organisation. This is not a controversial workflow I assume?

So when we want to make that undocked subwindow fill the screen it's on what do we do? Click the "maximise window" button? No it doesn't exist, silly me. Instead we have to manually drag it out one axis at a timeand move it to fill the screen it's on.

Why don't we yet have a "maximise window"…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Continuous crash of a software

As i am started working every 2 to 3 Minutes the software is getting closed , if this continues what is the use of paying money in thousands

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Exit out of Scratch Disks Screen

When I open a project I've previously worked on, but forget to have my hard drive mounted with that project's scratch destination, a new window for scratch settings will pop up before you can open the project.

At this point, you realize your mistake and think "oh i just need to close this project, plug in the hard drive, then open it up again"....

But Premiere has no way to close that pop up screen. Unless you Force Quit the application, you have to assign all new folders for auto-saves, video previews, audio previews to a location that you will…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make Bins Moveable By Dragging on the Bottom

I have been having a problem when I click to open a bin. Often times the bin will open to the top is outside the range of my desktop. I can't click to drag it down. Please make bins movable by clicking on the bottom of the bin window so I can access the files in it. I have attached an example of a bin I cannot move. The only way I can see what is in the bin is to reset the layout.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. VISUAL INTERFACE BUGS

Premiere generates strange artifacts in the interface when you maximize or minimize some panels in some cases.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base