Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premier Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1938 results found

1. clip smudge in timeline

When a video track size is reduced to the minimum, the rectangular clips appears smudged and jarred. this needs to be fixed

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Mac ... you have a context menu in macOS that says open with ... but it does not open the file ... that context menu should not be applied a

keep away from file types that you c cannot load ... eg. mp4 mov etc. you should not be in a context menu except for your projects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please preserve (and improve) Legacy Titles

The Title tool (now legacy) is slowly but surely being replaced by Essential Graphics. While Essential Graphics is useful for a variety of detailed (and sometimes animated) assets, it's also very complex, time-consuming, and generally unwieldy, especially for new users who, in my experience, are easily intimidated by Premiere Pro's unique layout. The Title tool is efficient, powerful, and easy to use, and many people rely on it to make quality content. Also, Title templates were removed, stripping numerous users of multiple templates that are now obsolete. I am not asking that you remove Essential Graphics, but I am asking…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bug - While dragging from source, accidentally opening windows 10 start menu locks up UI

Bug - While dragging a clip from the source window to the timeline, if you accidentally hit the windows key instead of the Alt key, the UI locks up so that you get the mouse cursor that indicates you cannot drop the clip there. Hitting the Esc and clicking around has no effect. All I could do was kill premiere in the task manager. Windows 10 1803 - Premiere Pro Version 13.0 (build 225).

AME was exporting in the background using a lot of the CPU power.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fix mouse dragging delay when changing effects values

Since at least CS6, there has been an issue for me with dragging on an effect value (Position, Scale, etc.). When I click and drag on it, nothing happens if I move my mouse slowly, which is what I normally want to do. I have to move it quickly for it to recognize that my mouse is moving, and then the value will change, but because I'm moving the mouse so fast, it jumps way past the value that I wanted. I would expect that as soon as I start dragging, the value would change immediately.

Here's a link to…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Control Track as "Timecode" option in timeline

How would you like the feature to work? 
    I would like to be able to see Control Track on clips loaded in the Source or Program Monitor.  We frequently have producers, writers, clients, even directors who review the footage we shot and don't bother to use Timecode when taking notes no matter how many times we ask.  They just open the files in Quicktime watch them and take down time notes based on the Quicktime time indicator (which starts at 0:00).  

When I load a clip into the source window, there is already an option for selecting Timecode, Feet…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. decrease marker size in timeline to allow more interface space

The markers are so tall, and as so many of point out, real estate, especially on a lap top is a huuuuuuge issue.
    Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Project Metadata Display and Proxies problem...please fix with future update.

Hi,

I'm working between 2 systems. 1, my main computer and 2, my laptop to watch and review proxies while on the road. The Proxies are great, small, easy to play files that I can load onto my laptop, but to watch the original size production footage I need to hook up an external drive. Being able to use Proxies without the original production footage is a huge help!

My problem lies with the Metadata Display(see photos). When loading only the Proxy files on my laptop, the Descriptions column data is there, but the Rating and Category column info has…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Double-click preset effect to apply to timeline clip

When a clip is selected on the timeline and a preset effect is double clicked it should automatically add to the clip just like regular effects do.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automatic bin grouping

1. When multiple project files are selected in the project panel we should be able to right-click & select a new bin folder, or simply hit the bin icon, & have them automatically group together inside that new bin folder. This is available in photoshop with layers/group folders.

Thanks,
    Konee

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show the color itself instead of the name (i.e. "Cerrulean") in the label drop down menu

It would be awesome if I could manage to see which color is wich, whenever i use the label drop down menu, instead of some barbaric name like "Cerrulean" or "Carribean".

I know that you could custom your colors, and I do, but it would still be an improvement.

Here is a screenshot of what it would looks like.

Thanks for your consideration.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Leave Bins / Timelines Open when changing workspaces.

Please stop making Premiere reset a bunch of things when we change workspaces. Currently, when working on something and we want to go to a differen workspace layout the following happens:
    - All open bins close
    - Timelines that were loaded change / disappear
    - Even other projects lose their project tab and have to be reopened.

Drives me crazy. There are times when I want to work on a particular set of timelines and shift from one kind of focus to another, but with the same bins open. When I go to another workspace, I have to re-open all…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Reported bugs on 2019 Premiere Pro

Couple of bugs to report on the Adobe Premiere Pro 2019 CC
    Can you let me know when these bugs will be fixed?

1) I've had the timeline bar disappear on the timeline, so it's not till I either restart the program or pick a random spot to find the bar that I've done to work it.

2) My sequences keep disappearing when I close and reopen the program. I have to dig around the project bin to find them. Or worse to recreate the project on a 2018 Premiere Pro version

3) I've had some motion graphics I've made…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Proxies are created in the wrong location

If you choose to create proxies, and select a new location, the radio button shows that the new location is selected. However, he proxies are created along side the original media despite showing that the new location was selected. Manually clicking on the radio button for the new location seems to resolve the issue and the proxies are then created in the correct location.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Media scaling setting should be included in Interpret Footage settings

The "default media scaling" setting in preferences sets the behavior for newly imported footage to scale to the frame size of the project timeline when the footage is inserted onto the timeline.

However, there's no way to change this setting once the footage is already imported.

If a user has already imported, arranged, and organized footage in bins for one edit, and wishes to edit in a different resolution, it should not be necessary to re-import all the footage just to set this option.

The "media scaling" setting should be accessible alongside frame rate and other media-dependent settings in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. export window shortcuts and default action

It could be great, if it was possible to create shortcuts for the export window, or at least have shortcuts for the "queue" and "export" button.
    Alternatively it could be great if I could change the default behaviort when pressing the "enter" key in the Export Settings window. The enter key is now set to "queue", but I often need to export from PP instead.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Next clip" keyboard function

When performing insert/overwrite edits in the source monitor, add a keyboard function for "next/previous clip in bin" so we don't have to constantly use the mouse to click the next one.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please provide Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) user interface

It's too dame to use such ugly and totally bad translation Simplify Chinese (Mainland China) user interface, I do really like to use English if there have NO Traditional Chinese (Taiwan) option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There is constant problem with a low-level exception occured in : Adobe Scopes(Transmit::CreateInstance)

I got problems where premiere crashes when I work with the scopes. After that I can't open up premiere for that project I currently worked in. So I open a new project, and then open the old one, delete the colour edit and then save the project. After that it's possible for me to open the old projects that crashed. But there is still problems with the program. I can't close premiere properly without doing a force quit. But I can at least finish the project, delete it from the computer, so it doesn't interfere with other projects. That's my…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base