Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. relink window sizing broken

The window resizing on the relinking window is broken. No matter how big I make the window, the file browsing stays small and in the left corner. On mac Big sur OS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Some Premiere UI improved

Hello!

1) It will be great, if in source monitor we can see not only video, but audio either. It will save a lot of time between audio and video switching every time.

2) Show a segment duration in the timeline. Because every time select in and out and every time watching in program monitor or Timecode window a little bit annoying))

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. General bugs and improvements

Hi there!

A few things -

1. When opening a new project when an old one is open, please have only open the new project open, and not a combination of the 2

2. bug - program and source monitor both sometimes go black after editing for a while.

3. tends to freeze and my monitor switches off and on again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. again..

... right at the end of the project, random errors.

since 1995 i use apps like 3ds, maya, zbrush, nuke, blender and many more.
    i have to say, premiere gave me more frustration than all other apps combined.. by FAR. i can not find words to express how frustrating it is to use such an unreliable pos.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bug: Timeline doesn't redraw when application is in full screen mode

This occurs for me running versions 15.4.1, 22.0, and 22.1.2. As the title says, my timeline does not update when the application is in full screen mode (One exception being if I open a window menu, e.g. File, Edit, etc.). This means any input I make in that panel does not trigger a redraw. I know the input is accepted as clicking somewhere in the panel does cause other panels (such as the program monitor panel) to update in response to my input. When the application is windowed the timeline updates as normal.

I am running Windows 11 Pro version…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. BUG: keyaboard shortcuts not loaded (Premiere Pro, maybe other apps)

I have Windoiws 11 with 2 languages installed: Hebrew and English (Israel).

If the keyboard is set to Hebrew when I start Premiere Pro, then keyboard shortcuts are loaded correctly.

However if the keyboard is set to English (Israel) when I start Premiere Pro - keyboard shortcuts are NOT loaded, and there is no way to load any keyboard preset (ie. in Edit / Keyboard shortcuts - choosing any preset does nothing).

This is extremely annoying because if I start Premiere Pro when they keyboard is set to English (Israel) then I have to close, change language and start again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Text controls should override selected text's settings

Here's the situation:
    I have a block of text in Premiere.
    I select just a couple of words in that text block, and change the font/colour/size/etc.
    I then deselect everything, and then select the text box or click on the text in my timeline.
    I then set the text properties to something else (change font/size/colour etc), but nothing happens!

The problem is that there is no way to override the font settings once I've set things for individual words/lines (other than by selecting the text itself). I cannot just click on the text in my timeline and adjust its global…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have text box controls like in AE

If I drag to create a text box in Premiere, there is then no way (as far as I know) to resize it symmetrically. In After Effects, I can start dragging one of the text box's handles, then hold ctrl, and it resizes symmetrically. Seeing as a large proportion of text is set in the centre of a screen, this is an invaluable feature, and really should be adopted in Premiere.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Premiere Pro Extensions bug in Folder.selectDialog()

On Windows, the first time after starting Premiere Pro, Folder.selectDialog() displays the dialog behing the Adobe Premiere window, thus not visible to the user.

I have this issue in both Adobe Premier Pro 2021 and 2022. This bug very significantly reduces the user experience, so it would be great to have the bug acknowledged and fixed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. make a new premiere pro, do it again- but better, now that we know what not to do.

It doesn't need to be fancy! actually... that's what most people are complaining about. Being able to queue files for export? that's nice, stuff like that can stay. but stuff like only having presets for framerates? what about reversing footage? what about that time you tried to remove h264 from the programs altogether?

let's face it- these media programs now have well over 500 addons, and... well, we don't use them. we just don't. I mean a few of them ARE useful, but for the most part, they feel like shiny bells and whistles meant to distract managers and bosses…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Not working

Unable to upgrade to Pro. Only spins when trying to commit to the discounted annual year.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bug Report: menu response

Bug Report: Menu issues
    This may be an Adobe product issue across the board because I have experienced in InDesign as well. When I click on a Menu item (MacOs), I expect a drop down of the options to show up. Unfortunately, I either have to click and hold the Menu Item such as “Clip”, “Sequence”, etc in order for the drop down to show up. Sometimes it take a couple clicks. This behavior is greatly affecting the UX and I’m hoping there’s a fix soon! Note: all apps, OS are up to date.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Lumetri Bug

Almost every time I Use Lumetri the program crashes. This has been an ongoing bug from earlier releases up til the most recent. If I use color picker it crashes, if I adjust anything in lumtri the program crashes. This was such an extreme bug I am surprised its gone on multiple years with no fix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Color Code Keyframes

There should be a way to color-code keyframes when there are multiple it is difficult to differentiate especially in large projects I would like to put all ease in into blue color ease out into yellow so that even after a few weeks I can just check random part of a video and immediately know what is what.

I honestly think this would be quite easy for Adobe to add just colors and would make a big difference I think.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Restore Duration for Clips in Bin

Please add an option to view duration on clips in bin as seen in previous versions. It was useful to see that information at a glance without hovering over clips.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Drag & drop media into project isn't working

Premiere Pro 22.1.2

Dragging and dropping media from the finder into my project folder no longer works today. It worked yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that. And now it doesn't. I haven't changed a single setting during this time.

I can right-click and use the Import... selection from the dropdown but the file that appears has a different file name than what's in the finder.

What gives Adobe? I'm seriously frustrated and this has been a subpar experience for a suite that costs over $800/year and yet can't function properly from one day to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Latest Premiere version crash with hevc 10 bit files (windows 11, files from fuji xt3)

Both media encoder and premiere will crash if i try to use these kind of files. In premiere 2021 i did not have problem

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User experience/interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Error alerts should be given in "time code" instead of "frame number".

With frame numbers, it is very difficult to tell where the error is occurring.
    Users usually edit based on the time code.
    I'd like to know the time code.

For example: x 35576 -> ◯ 00:19;47;02

リクエスト:エラーアラートの表示は「フレーム番号」ではなく「タイムコード」で教えてほしい

フレーム番号だと、どこがエラーを起こしているのかとてもわかりにくい。
    普段はタイムコードを基準として編集している。
    タイムコードで教えてほしい。

例:× 35576  → ◯ 00:19;47;02

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop changing the install folder's name to match the year

Every year, the first update in the new year breaks my custom workspaces, any shortcuts I had to the program, and the program-specific macros that I have set up...because for some reason, Adobe has decided that the install folder must have a year in it, and that year must match the current year.

So once a year, before I get any work done, I have to first sit down and fix all my shortcuts, macros, and workspaces.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 87 88
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base